Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,900 members, 7,810,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu (23403 Views)

Buhari May Spend One Term In Office, ‘president Already Has A Successor In Mind’ / Buhari's One-term Pledge Tears APC Leaders Apart / Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by peruso: 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2013
One thing you can quickly observe with us in nigeria is that it's very easy to divide us once you throw in the north-south card, or you throw in the religion card, or the ethnic card.
Babanginda aliyu is a politician and as a politician, you can get the other person to play to your tone as long as you hold the right cards. Which is what him and his colleagues did then. This has nothing to do with NORTHERNERS and the so called born to rule theory.

Ok if I may ask is this agreement binding on atiku abubakar, or is it binding on Buhari, how about, Donald duke, or ken nnamani, or Orji Kalu, or fashola. Ok what if ameachi or imoke decides to run for president by 2015 is this so called agreement binding on any of these individuals?

IT'S NOT EVEN BINDING ON ME! Cuz i knw who I would lik to vote for.

This is just a politician to politician thing and its only binding on them not on everyone else . He may choose to keep to the agreement or not, he is a politician.

But in my candid opinion I think this revelation is good, cuz I think it will only lead to more revelations

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by doncheks: 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2013
There is no guarantee.Even a dumb head would have consented considering the stakes.

I guess this will be the antecedent to the article titled,"How GEJ fooled the North".

Lets not forget Obasanjo and third term.Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by cowtail: 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2013
Aliyu please keep quite. What have u achieved in your little Niger state? After about 5 years in office, your state has the worst road network in the entire north. Fix suleja minna road for a start before u start talking of any baseless agreement.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by badesco(m): 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2013
Does the wish or agreement of few Northern Governors means agreement by all Nigerians? No... therefore i consider the so call agreement by some selfish individuals as null and void and of no effect. Therefore GEJ has every right like any other Nigerians to re contest for second term.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by badesco(m): 2:28pm On Feb 16, 2013
cowtail: Aliyu please keep quite. What have u achieved in your little Niger state? After about 5 years in office, your state has the worst road network in the entire north. Fix suleja minna road for a start before u start talking of any baseless agreement.

good talk....
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Gayigaskia(m): 2:28pm On Feb 16, 2013
This is how the new opposition party APC will claim many PDP deserters grin grin
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by HAH: 2:29pm On Feb 16, 2013
The 40 laptop squad have taken over this thread readers beware.

2015 sai Buhari\Fashola
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Demdem(m): 2:29pm On Feb 16, 2013
Am waiting for Abati and Co to come and deny this. The retardeen simply need to fulfill his part of the agreement.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by ziccoit: 2:31pm On Feb 16, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

What agreement are you talking about? When will Northerners come to sign agreement with the sout west or east before ruling this country?

Anyone who think GEJ is dull need to have his or her brain checked.

To have signed such an agreement in first place was a dullard tendency. It is winch-hunting him now.
Performance wise the guy scores zero. Now with this stupid agreement,I want to see what he will fall back on.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Dansadaumallam(m): 2:31pm On Feb 16, 2013
A.S Slimm:
D dumbest president eva, u sign an agreement n wan2 go bac on it, u wan2 win an election without d north or its governors, all u GEJ supporters r really dillusioned. On dos ov u talkin of Aburi, all d victims of d war in d East hv only Ojukwu 2blame n no1 else. Ur so called runaway hero.

as slim as your write-up is you speculate on what you are not sure that exist. I find it hard to equate you and Gov. Aliyu to the "North" .please note that the people of the north need a good president and not a GEJ or a confused Gov. Aliyu.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by PENMIGHT(m): 2:33pm On Feb 16, 2013
Signing the ABURI agreement and resciding on honouring it was indeed a bad preceedent. Just like the betrayer of the old has only brought disaffection to entire Nigerians,GEJ going back on this agreement with his governor cronies then will also disintegrate us further. Who cares about the so called Northern Governor clique? What is of utmost importance is how best GEJ has fared to deserve/otherwise re-election in 2015. Personally, GEJ's personality is shrewded in mysteries and. controversies since onset. Even his emergence was far from been clean,just like this revelation shows. IF A SOUTH-ESTERNER WILL COMPLETE THE 8 YEARS SO WELL AND GOOD,BUT LET GEJ LEAVE THE STAGE. This is d unwritten agreement he has with the masses.LET HIM HONOUR IT!
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by sweetnigga(m): 2:33pm On Feb 16, 2013
Who are these northern governors to decide 4 Nigerians ? Sm1 should answer that fast.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by eggheaders(m): 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2013
why are some scoundrels here unnecessarily dumb.mehn I can't imagine sharing country with this bunch of nitwits.those screaming gej to high heavens are definitely living in a pimpers paradise.y'all simpletons should wake up and smell the coffee your saviour is warming his way back to otueke.and to all those igbos will be president by 2019 it will make sense for y'all to wake up from your deep slumber.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by vanbonattel: 2:36pm On Feb 16, 2013
HAH: The 40 laptop squad have taken over this thread readers beware.

2015 sai Buhari\Fashola

As everybody knows, I have the 32nd laptop and I just got paid for the rest of the year in US$, let Aliyu jump into the lagoon!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2013
Aliyu is a fool
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by anthony86(m): 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2013
few Northern elites selecting who will be president for 17o million nigerians.the FG should just scrap INEC at least we dont need such waste of funds.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by eagleeye2: 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2013
Demdem: Am waiting for Abati and Co to come and deny this. The retardeen simply need to fulfill his part of the agreement.

IF IT WAS YOU, WILL YOU FULFILL IT. Abeg, no dey talk like person wey no go school.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by bennynaza(m): 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2013
What is wrong wit these our 'leaders'. Signing agreements on our political future witout recourse to d people they are supposed to be leading, yet they call this charade a democracy? Lord have mercy!
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by ganye1: 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2013
9ja_I_hail: Do these people think Nigeria belongs to them? Are these people still living in the days when they claimed to be owners of Nigeria, Aliyu Babangida or what you call yourself, better start adapting to the system now or get left behind. A president has to signed agreement with Northerners to
rule his country. Rubbish
what is rubbish there? is it the fact that he signed an agreement not to contest or Babangida Aliyu's revelation of the existence of the agreememt?
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by vanbonattel: 2:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
eggheaders: why are some scoundrels here unnecessarily dumb.mehn I can't imagine sharing country with this bunch of nitwits.those screaming gej to high heavens are definitely living in a pimpers paradise.y'all simpletons should wake up and smell the coffee your saviour is warming his way back to otueke.and to all those igbos will be president by 2019 it will make sense for y'all to wake up from your deep slumber.

Barth Nnaji for president 2019-2027, power problem fixed forever!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by tarryT(m): 2:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
A.S Slimm:
D dumbest president eva, u sign an agreement n wan2 go bac on it, u wan2 win an election without d north or its governors, all u GEJ supporters r really dillusioned. On dos ov u talkin of Aburi, all d victims of d war in d East hv only Ojukwu 2blame n no1 else. Ur so called runaway hero.

Hmmmmm! "Dumbest president" indeed. Heheheheheheheh..and u guys are busy bombing urselfs to make his govtment "ungovernable"...forming alliances...Screaming unsigned agreements...Demdem becoming an official madman of NL.. Kia! I want to be as "dumb" as Jonathan..

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by yemmy19(m): 2:42pm On Feb 16, 2013
♍ΑKΕ̲̣̣̣̥ GEJ rinse his hand make somebody else chop.....
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by doctokwus: 2:42pm On Feb 16, 2013
Anybody dat thinks GEJ wud not go for a 2nd term must be d greatest nitwit in nigeria,agreement or no agreement.D man has 2 factors going for him;d power of d incumbency& d freedom to spend any amt of mony u wish as d president without being accountable to anyone.D true color of GEJ wud emerge in 2015& dat I feel wud b dat of a man so desperate to cling to power dat he wudnt mind ruling over a divided nation.Aliyu& his fellow northern opportunists wud soon learn dat dat agreement is as Valueless as d ink& paper it was written on
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Dede1(m): 2:42pm On Feb 16, 2013
alj harem:

grin grin grin grin grin true ! but that is the past. GEJ should honour his agreement

When was the last time your forbearers honored any agreement in the cesspit called Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by vanbonattel: 2:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
ganye1:
what is rubbish there? is it the fact that he signed an agreement not to contest or Babangida Aliyu's revelation of the existence of the agreememt?

The fact there is that GEJ tricked the northern dunces, threw the agreement into the toilet bin and is still laughing at your stewpidity ever since.grin
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by AhmedB: 2:46pm On Feb 16, 2013
; The end of PDP has come. Clear sign to show that the governnors too like most Nigerians are sick n tired of this GEJ's Administration. Indirectly telling him you either quit comes 2015 by honouring the agreement or we join the new formed party (APC). PDP in a big mess especially with this merger of ACN, CPC, ANPP and APGA. A way forward for Nigerian Democracy, thank God.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 16, 2013
van bonattel: Jonathan should quichly organize another census that should show this country the way it is. Enough of all these trash that the north is more populous than the south. Let the votes count and you will see that the north will never rule again, except they kneel down and beg the southern kingmakers.
thought i was d only one that knew the south is more populous dan d north no matter wat any census say. Check it, d south has many impt cities with sprawling populations. Aside few state capitals, the north doesnt evn have it. All dey have is land mass and we shouldnt continue to allocate oil money to empty villages.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 16, 2013
..."So, in order to take something to our people, I asked the president, “can we have his words that in 2015, he will not run?” To be fair to Jonathan, he did not answer the question. But I can remember some people went ahead and issued a communique that President Jonathan was going to do only one term.
But the president did not say so.
They issued the communique as if they had discussed with him deceiving our people. Now, there is a strong indication coming out that Jonathan wants to contest in 2015. If you can read the type of dance that the he is doing, then, you will know he is interested in 2015. Again, he has never said he is not interested"....Sen. Kanti Bello (represented Katsina North from 2003 to 2011)
http://desertherald./2012/04/17/jonathan-did-not-promise-northern-leaders-he-will-not-contest-sen-kanti-bello/

http://allafrica.com/stories/201204160774.html

https://www.nairaland.com/915307/single-term-there-never-pact

Those who delight in lies, propaganda and deceit can continue to wallow in delusion.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by slimfit1(m): 2:48pm On Feb 16, 2013
I don't like him but the northern state need to be careful you don't make a secret agreement on matters that concern Nigeria behind close doors we decide not you.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by zikclassiq(m): 2:48pm On Feb 16, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

What agreement are you talking about? When will Northerners come to sign agreement with the sout west or east before ruling this country?

Anyone who think GEJ is dull need to have his or her brain checked.
evrybdy knw say d man dull keep!
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by jidewin(m): 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2013
And on whose behalf was he signing?for himself abi for Nigerians?? See ALL these politicians needs wiping out,Simple.Trading with almost 170 million destinies on paper agreement.
Re: Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu by eggheaders(m): 2:50pm On Feb 16, 2013
van bonattel:

Barth Nnaji for president 2019-2027, power problem fixed forever!

a rochas okoracha would make more sense.but who will vote igbo with the type of enemity they create in all region and the Senate president experience allocated to them and they were changing the position as if they were changing cloth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi: 'The Praise Singers Of Buhari Are His Enemies Who'll Destroy Him' / Sokoto Communities Lament As Nigerian Army Shuts Down Border With Niger / Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.