Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:11 AM

The Cowardice Of Atheism - Religion (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Atheism (65343 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / Myopia Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 11, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol. Logicboy the king of illogic has closed the case! All rise! Abeg, go and sit down somewhere. You atheists have no arguments. If there have been seven pages, they were seven pages of incredible illogic from your royal illogicians. How does someone proudly make a circular argument so many times and defend it with even more circular argument and abuse and lies and still claim any kind of superior intellectuality? Especially when they spend so much time appealing to the audience they should be convincing? Smh

Logicboy, you're a joke o jare.

lol and the encyclopedias of psychology nko that deal with the same argument nko?

Do you hate logic? grin grin grin
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 11, 2013
greatgenius: i haven't backtracked you just obviously does not not understand as usual..
let me put it this way..are those who claim God created or the universe came about through a series of process taking "billions of years" right? yes..what about those who claim he seems to have created the universe in an instant. well they are also right. God created the universe in an "instantbillions"..both sides are right.. but to you and a lot of other people being right means the other must be wrong.

now to your question. is there a contradiction or not? well answer this is there a contradiction between white and black or they are actually one and the same..

my answer to your question is there is/isnot a contradiction..( This is sort of in the same line as my statement in another thread that "God is everywhere and nowhere in particular" mantra that @Anomy failed to get. so i wont be surprise if you also fail to grasp this is/isnot concept)

lol....there is a contradiction and there isnt a contradiction!

Wow, you are confused- taking tqo opposite positions.

Anyways, you can try to indirectly say that Anony is smarter than me. All I can do is just laugh at your desperation
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 11, 2013
For those who still have doubts as to how to win an argument like a Christian, just a few highlights from a poster here on another thread...
Note the part in red...
YouKnowThySelf:
Was man designed to fall? NO!

Did God's design accommodate the possibility of failure in man? YES!

God never meant for man to fall, but He did not exclude the possibility of his failure in His design or else man would not have the power of choice. God's design both allowed man to fail and provided for his restoration. That is the wonder of omniscience.

Because God knew that man would exercise his power of choice in the wrong direction, He worked restoration into the plan. The tree was all about giving man the opportunity to choose a path. If the tree (or whatever it represents) were not part of that story, man's power of choice would have meant exactly nothing because of the lack of opportunity to exercise it. If Satan had not been allowed to fall, there would have been no evil for man to choose. If Satan had not tempted man, there would have been no impetus or reason to head in any direction other than good and therefore no choice..

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 9:45am On Mar 11, 2013
musKeeto: For those who still have doubts as to how to win an argument like a Christian, just a few highlights from a poster here on another thread...
Note the part in red...

you still dont get the point. FREEWILL AND OMNISCIENCE ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE. FOR THE FACT THAT I HAVE MULTIPLE CHOICES AND THAT THERE ARE MULTIPLE OUTCOMES HAS NULLIFIED OMNISCIENCE
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 9:47am On Mar 11, 2013
greatgenius: ok maybe i should make myself clear on this topic..i am not arguing against the contradiction. my stance was and is that omniscience and free will can and does co-exist. [size=15pt]just like light and darkness co-exist..[/size]love/hate, good/bad, positive/negative, white/black etc..these are all "contradictions" but they co-exist..in the world of relationships/relavity they all seem like contradictions but in the realm of the sublime they are not..ultimately like white and black seemingly "contradictory" stuff are one and the same. different degrees of the same thing..

yes ultimately there is no such thing as freewill, becuase like darkness it is an illusion(but so is physicallity or more precisely relavity) and God is only playing a game with himself..so like matter, freewill is a real illusion.. the problem with this argument is if you see yourself as seperate from God then the more deeper you get into it the more confused you become which is evidenced from most of the responses here..

LIGHT AND DARK CAN CO-EXIST HOW POSSIBLE IS THAT ITS A TOTAL IMPOSSIBILITY. DARKNESS DISAPPEARS IN THE PRESENCE OF LIGHT AND SO DOES FREEWILL IN THE PRESENCE OF OMNISCIENCE AND VICE VERSA

SMH
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 10:05am On Mar 11, 2013
greatgenius: i haven't backtracked you just obviously does not not understand as usual..
let me put it this way..are those who claim God created or the universe came about through a series of process taking "billions of years" right? yes..what about those who claim he seems to have created the universe in an instant. well they are also right. God created the universe in an [size=15pt]"instantbillions"[/size]..both sides are right.. but to you and a lot of other people being right means the other must be wrong.

Pitifull and PATHETIC

greatgenius: now to your question. is there a contradiction or not? well answer this is there a contradiction between white and black or they are actually one and the same..

black and white can never co-exist. asking about contradiction depends on what you mean but they are not one, can never be one and they are not the same. white is a continuous spectrum of SEVEN COLORS. BLACK IS ABSENT OF SPECTRUM, SO WHAT NONSENSE ARE YOU SAYING?

greatgenius: my answer to your question is there is/isnot a contradiction..( This is sort of in the same line as my statement in another thread that "God is everywhere and nowhere in particular" mantra that @Anomy failed to get. so i wont be surprise if you also fail to grasp this is/isnot concept)

CHRIST, even those who are mad think they are intelligent and that no one else is as intelligent as they are.!!! No offense
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 10:05am On Mar 11, 2013
greatgenius: ok maybe i should make myself clear on this topic..i am not arguing against the contradiction. my stance was and is that omniscience and free will can and does co-exist. just like light and darkness co-exist..love/hate, good/bad, positive/negative, white/black etc..these are all "contradictions" but they co-exist..in the world of relationships/relavity they all seem like contradictions but in the realm of the sublime they are not..ultimately like white and black seemingly "contradictory" stuff are one and the same. different degrees of the same thing..

white and black can never co-exists. their mixture, effusion and diffusion always produces gray. What nonsense are you saying? and no one has stop this madness? Atheists what is going on with you guys?

greatgenius: yes ultimately there is no such thing as freewill, becuase like darkness it is an illusion(but so is physicallity or more precisely relavity)

actually, freewill is not part of those things i would term as illusion. Its my choice and its real. If i decide to go on hunger strike, i would feel hunger, freewill is real just like we are.

greatgenius: and God is only playing a game with himself

glad you know that

greatgenius: ..so like matter, freewill is a real illusion.. the problem with this argument is if you see yourself as seperate from God then the more deeper you get into it the more confused you become which is evidenced from most of the responses here..

pathetically erroneous.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol and the encyclopedias of psychology nko that deal with the same argument nko?

Do you hate logic? grin grin grin

What about them, Lb? You think it's time to produce excerpts from them for us to discuss, or at least to show us what you meant all along?

And why would I hate logic, my fine bumbling friend? smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 11, 2013
musKeeto: For those who still have doubts as to how to win an argument like a Christian, just a few highlights from a poster here on another thread...
Note the part in red...

Ok. So, the lesson is? smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 11, 2013
Ihedinobi:

What about them, Lb? You think it's time to produce excerpts from them for us to discuss, or at least to show us what you meant all along?

And why would I hate logic, my fine bumbling friend? smiley

lol and the links to the encyclopedias nko? You are too lazy to read? Just click and read.

grin grin grin

You are just playing foolish now. How embarrassing
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by dotcomnamename: 12:04pm On Mar 11, 2013
[quote author=cyrexx][/quote]

Don't worry, God forgives you

You atheists are just doing it to be fashionable because Atheism is really cool right now, it's your season

Good things in your life are the result of the prayers of others

Swine immoral

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 12:13pm On Mar 11, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Don't worry, God forgives you

You atheists are just doing it to be fashionable because Atheism is really cool right now, it's your season

Good things in your life are the result of the prayers of others

Swine immoral

or because its atheism that makes sense right now
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2013
ISAIAH 46V10 CLEARLY STATES THAT FREEWILL AND OMNISCIENCE ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE

IT STATES: [size=15pt]"ONLY I CAN TELL YOU WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN EVEN BEFORE IT HAPPENS. EVERYTHING I PLAN WILL COME TO PASS, FOR I DO WHATEVER I WISH."[/size]NIV

THE BOLD LEAVE NO ROOM FOR FREEWILL. IF EVERYTHING GOD PLANS MUST/[size=15pt]WILL[/size] COME TO PASS. THEN MY FREEWILL DOES NOT APPLY.

THEREIN IS THE ANSWER FROM THE [size=15pt]HOLY[/size] BIBLE.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol and the links to the encyclopedias nko? You are too lazy to read? Just click and read.

grin grin grin

You are just playing foolish now. How embarrassing

And I'm encouraged to access those links by what? Your spurious arguments? Or maybe your insolent methods of discussion? It costs me in time and energy and other work I should be doing to click links, my friend. I see no real reason for which I should access a link provided by you, an embarrassing person to discuss with on philosophical issues. If those links are important to you, pull excerpts that capture what you think your arguments are and table them here and I'll see if they're worth my time and energy.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2013
ooman: ISAIAH 46V10 CLEARLY STATES THAT FREEWILL AND OMNISCIENCE ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE

IT STATES: [size=15pt]"ONLY I CAN TELL YOU WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN EVEN BEFORE IT HAPPENS. EVERYTHING I PLAN WILL COME TO PASS, FOR I DO WHATEVER I WISH."[/size]NIV

THE BOLD LEAVE NO ROOM FOR FREEWILL. IF EVERYTHING GOD PLANS MUST/[size=15pt]WILL[/size] COME TO PASS. THEN MY FREEWILL DOES NOT APPLY.

THEREIN IS THE ANSWER FROM THE [size=15pt]HOLY[/size] BIBLE.

Ah, so your new argument is that the Bible says so. Ok o. There is a counter-argument that holds that the Bible says no such thing. I hope you're prepared to take it on.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Ok. So, the lesson is? smiley
The lesson is definitely not for you

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
every other thing is bla bla bla of christians.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Ah, so your new argument is that the Bible says so. Ok o. There is a counter-argument that holds that the Bible says no such thing. I hope you're prepared to take it on.

oya na!
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by greatgenius: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol....there is a contradiction and there isnt a contradiction!

Wow, you are confused- taking tqo opposite positions.

Anyways, you can try to indirectly say that Anony is smarter than me. All I can do is just laugh at your desperation
how was i in anyway saying Anony is smarter than you. i will make or made no such assertion god brother.. you did..my point was that i have made similar is/isnot statements about God being for instance both the light/darkness etc and some people failed to get it or grasp it. which of course is as a result of their limiting beliefs about God..i was in no way saying he was smarter than you.. but even if he was "smarter" that is in no way an insult. which you obviously think it is..someone being smarter does not mean they are better than you. unless of course you think otherwise..

is someone above and up in the air better than one on the ground? No but unless you think they are..
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ihedinobi:

And I'm encouraged to access those links by what? Your spurious arguments? Or maybe your insolent methods of discussion? It costs me in time and energy and other work I should be doing to click links, my friend. I see no real reason for which I should access a link provided by you, an embarrassing person to discuss with on philosophical issues. If those links are important to you, pull excerpts that capture what you think your arguments are and table them here and I'll see if they're worth my time and energy.

Wow....how embarrassing

Now, you engage in ad hominems to avoid reading facts? You are proud of your ignorance on a well known philosophical topic (freewill vs omnipotence)?

lmao......Two recognized encylopedias of philosophy are now below Ihedinobi!!!

Good lawd, you are a dubious douche!
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
musKeeto:
The lesson is definitely not for you

I apparently gave it, according to you. But I don't even know what it is.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by greatgenius: 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
ooman:

LIGHT AND DARK CAN CO-EXIST HOW POSSIBLE IS THAT ITS A TOTAL IMPOSSIBILITY. DARKNESS DISAPPEARS IN THE PRESENCE OF LIGHT AND SO DOES FREEWILL IN THE PRESENCE OF OMNISCIENCE AND VICE VERSA

SMH
lol where does the darkness disappear to?.your village?.. the light has only "covered" the darkness. take away the light and the darkness will be right there where it was in the first place.the darkness went no where. it only "miraculously disappeared" ..think god brother think..
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ooman(m): 2:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
greatgenius: lol where does the darkness disappear to?.your village?.. the light has only "covered" the darkness. take away the light and the darkness will be right there where it was in the first place.the darkness went no where. it only "miraculously disappeared" ..think god brother think..

Gush, you lack of intelligence is not disappointing. Its typical of xtians
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wow....how embarrassing

Now, you engage in ad hominems to avoid reading facts? You are proud of your ignorance on a well known philosophical topic (freewill vs omnipotence)?

lmao......Two recognized encylopedias of philosophy are now below Ihedinobi!!!

Good lawd, you are a dubious douche!

My friend, it is taking you seriously that is beneath me. I'll most likely find that those encyclopaedias say nothing like what you have been saying all along just like links you have provided before proved to do too. Don't waste my time, my friend. You have been yarning dirt since we opened this discussion. Why should your appeal to encyclopaedias be any different?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by greatgenius: 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
i feel like i am wasting my time but i will try one more time with you..
ooman:

white and black can never co-exists. their mixture, effusion and diffusion always produces gray. What nonsense are you saying? and no one has stop this madness? Atheists what is going on with you guys?
its safe to say you are the most densed atheist here on this forum in my opinion.. a color is white or black depending on the angle of perception on it. they are one and the same thing. different degrees of expression of the same thing..a black color inverted will turn white and vice versa.. dont take my word for it go and try it at home. again seemingly "opposites" stuff are actually the same thing just different degrees of expression.

actually, freewill is not part of those things i would term as illusion. Its my choice and its real. If i decide to go on hunger strike, i would feel hunger, freewill is real just like we are.
if you dont think freewill is an illusion then you shouldnt even be discussing this topic because obviously you have no idea of what an illusion is.. is matter an illusion. yes. but does it seem real yes..understand that something being or seeming real doesnt mean it cant be or not an illusion..

lets take a solid table/matter for example. it seems real solid when you sit on it..but oberving it under a microscope you will realize that the atoms are amazingly moving around so fast. from your limited perception you observe it as solid. but is it really solid?.. now if you were also to break it down all the way to its core you will observe nothing.. so the question is, is the table that you observe as something actually a nothing.. is it an illusion. of course it is..but does it seem real of course it does..it is a real illusion

physicality is an illusion. it is a beautifully scripted game that we are all playing..it is all a dream. it is all an act. like the movies no one really gets hurt or dies.. because you cannot.. but does it seem real Yes..because when you are acting it is best to get into character or the movie flops..

is freewill real yes.. it is an illusion yes.

glad you know that
well good

pathetically erroneous.
didn't expect anything else from you at this point
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ihedinobi:

My friend, it is taking you seriously that is beneath me. I'll most likely find that those encyclopaedias say nothing like what you have been saying all along just like links you have provided before proved to do too. Don't waste my time, my friend. You have been yarning dirt since we opened this discussion. Why should your appeal to encyclopaedias be any different?

Hey....even more denial.....this guy is a gaddem liar! Tomorrow, this guy will be schooling atheists on morality. You are such a dubious liar! Gaddem! smiley

So now, you have managed to convince yourself that the two encyclopedias are not talking about freewill vs omnipotence and the problem with it?

Chia......I bow in awe and respect for your lying and Anonyism......gaddem, you are a liar!

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/free-will-foreknowledge/
http://www.iep.utm.edu/foreknow/
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by greatgenius: 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
ooman:

Gush, you lack of intelligence is not disappointing. Its typical of xtians
address the points and stop dancing around. you disappointment of an atheist. where does the darkness disappear to?.

if all there ever was/is, was darkness and light and nothing else, where else will darkness "disappear" to if the light was to illuminate completely to cover the entire place? if there was nothing/nowhere else apart from the only place/space where both lihgt/darknes reside ..where will or does the darkness disappear to. again your village?

you have obviously stopped thinking so i am going to force you to think here..

btw what ever gave you the impression that i am a christian
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Hey....even more denial.....this guy is a gaddem liar! Tomorrow, this guy will be schooling atheists on morality. You are such a dubious liar! Gaddem! smiley

So now, you have managed to convince yourself that the two encyclopedias are not talking about freewill vs omnipotence and the problem with it?

Chia......I bow in awe and respect for your lying and Anonyism......gaddem, you are a liar!

Do you think that for once you can actually substantiate your accusations and show what I lying about? Feel free to quote the post where I lied and mark out the lies. I daresay you can't especially if the lie is that your links aren't talking about free will and omniscience. That would be just another example of your poor comprehension, yet another manifestation of your impoverished intellect because I said nothing of the sort.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2013
Brother InesQor, you really can't stay away, can you? smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Do you think that for once you can actually substantiate your accusations and show what I lying about? Feel free to quote the post where I lied and mark out the lies. I daresay you can't especially if the lie is that your links aren't talking about free will and omniscience. That would be just another example of your poor comprehension, yet another manifestation of your impoverished intellect because I said nothing of the sort.

Are you backtracking? You claimed that I provided dud links before and that is why my link/encyclopedias will not likely contain the freewill vs omnipotence topic that I claimed they will.

Show me where I previously put links that didnt say what I was saying in this thread.

Ihedinobi:

My friend, it is taking you seriously that is beneath me. I'll most likely find that those encyclopaedias say nothing like what you have been saying all along [size=15pt]just like links you have provided before proved to do too[/size]. Don't waste my time, my friend. You have been yarning dirt since we opened this discussion. Why should your appeal to encyclopaedias be any different?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ihedinobi: Brother InesQor, you really can't stay away, can you? smiley

I wouldnt worry about him.

You are looking more and more like an azz who likes to bury his head in the sand as this thread progresses! smiley

Dont you think others might have read the links i put up? Do you think people are as dubious as you are?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
For those who like to read and learn more about philosophy and logic, You can visit any of these two encyclopedias of philosophy. This is because dubious people like Ihedinobi do not like hearing facts and logic from Atheists and so, maybe they will listen to authorities on the subject and facts.

Logicboy03:

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (79) (Reply)

Lady Who Ran Mad And Stripped Unclad In Owerri, Rescued After Prayers. Photos / Why Is TB Joshua Hiding In Mexico? / Pastor Adeboye: "I'm Talking To My Children Not You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.