Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

The Cowardice Of Atheism - Religion (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Atheism (65118 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / Myopia Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 22, 2013
Now a being called god is defined as omnipotent,omnipresent,omnibenivolent,omnipresent,nonphysical and personal.now i will show that these features are mutually exclusive and no being can posses all these properties.omnipotent means to be all powerful,being able to do all things,but being god he cannot make mistakes right?now if it is in his nature not to be able to make mistakes then it follows that he has no free will to do that,if he is all powerful and can do all things,can he creat a rock so heavy that he can't lift?(the rock paradox)or can he perform a logically impossible event like create married bachelors?if anyone can show how it's possible then i'll listen.to be omniscient means to know everything that is possible to be known,we know things by experience or empirical evidence.so if he knows everything,does he also know what it feels like to molest a child?he can't know that because he is also omnibenivolent so that's one thing his nature prevents him from knowing.if he is omnipresent that means he is everywhere at the same time,so is he also present when a child is being molested?his omnibenivolence(all good,the highest good)prevents him from witnessing such an event and his omnipotence should come in handy in stopping such an act,but our experience proves otherwise.he can't be both personal(being able to feel and interact) and immaterial because to feel and interact you'll need a body,theist are free to give an example of immaterial beings that interact with us and feel and also prove them to be an objective fact.it then follows that a being just like in the thought experiment as described with contradictory features cannot exist
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:49am On Nov 22, 2013
Mr.Rothstein:
Now a being called god is defined as omnipotent,omnipresent,omnibenivolent,omnipresent,nonphysical and personal.now i will show that these features are mutually exclusive and no being can posses all these properties.omnipotent means to be all powerful,being able to do all things,but being god he cannot make mistakes right?now if it is in his nature not to be able to make mistakes then it follows that he has no free will to do that,if he is all powerful and can do all things,can he creat a rock so heavy that he can't lift?(the rock paradox)or can he perform a logically impossible event like create married bachelors?if anyone can show how it's possible then i'll listen.to be omniscient means to know everything that is possible to be known,we know things by experience or empirical evidence.so if he knows everything,does he also know what it feels like to molest a child?he can't know that because he is also omnibenivolent so that's one thing his nature prevents him from knowing.if he is omnipresent that means he is everywhere at the same time,so is he also present when a child is being molested?his omnibenivolence(all good,the highest good)prevents him from witnessing such an event and his omnipotence should come in handy in stopping such an act,but our experience proves otherwise.he can't be both personal(being able to feel and interact) and immaterial because to feel and interact you'll need a body,theist are free to give an example of immaterial beings that interact with us and feel and also prove them to be an objective fact.it then follows that a being just like in the thought experiment as described with contradictory features cannot exist

E be like say you just come,these arguments have been discussed extensively on this forum,even on this particular thread! Welcome though to Nairaland
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 22, 2013
This thread means what it says. This indeed perfectly explains the Cwardice of Atheism. And davidylan knows how to treat these dudes.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 22, 2013
@genralshepherd i didn't know that,well if you have a rebuttal for my argument then do present it.and thanks,i have no idea how to highlight and reply sorry
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 22, 2013
Oh i just saw you're an atheist too@GS
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:18am On Nov 22, 2013
Reyginus: This thread means what it says. This indeed perfectly explains the Cwardice of Atheism. And davidylan knows how to treat these dudes.

Since I switched to Atheism,I have been vocal to friends and family about it. Davidylan is your friend now till he starts dealing with Mary and the pope..hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:20am On Nov 22, 2013
Mr.Rothstein:
Oh i just saw you're an atheist too@GS

Yeah but honestly there are countless threads where you issues were discussed! Go through the section and feast your eyes with sophistry and apologetics¤
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 22, 2013
Ok i'll do that@GS
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 22, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Since I switched to Atheism,I have been vocal to friends and family about it. Davidylan is your friend now till he starts dealing with Mary and the pope..hypocrisy
Where did I make the claim you are forcing on me?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plainmirror(m): 11:30am On Nov 22, 2013
There is a 'living God' , fear HIM
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 12:34pm On Nov 22, 2013
plainmirror: There is a 'living God' , fear HIM

Why?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plainmirror(m): 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
thehomer:

Why?
It is wise to acknowledge †нэ supremo of †нэ universe.
Fools interprete evil as live

FEAR GOD !
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ezme(m): 9:19am On Nov 23, 2013
plainmirror: There is a 'living God' , fear HIM

Sadly, fear is the emotion that fuels most belief systems.

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
ezme:

Sadly, fear is the emotion that fuels most belief systems.

The truth also is that fear is the emotion that drives the constant need for atheists to rebut religion. The truth is if atheists didnt really care they wont be here.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Yeah but honestly there are countless threads where you issues were discussed! Go through the section and feast your eyes with sophistry and apologetics¤

Perhaps you can deal with the points he raised rather than cowardly asking him to go "read" as ignorant muslims are wont to do? I find it quite curious that you have ignored the questions asking what exactly about evolution made you change your mind.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
davidylan:

The truth also is that fear is the emotion that drives the constant need for atheists to rebut religion. The truth is if atheists didnt really care they wont be here.

The point of a forum is to discuss issues with people. That is why everyone is here.....

In short, ur comment is bunk
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
Logicboy03:

The point of a forum is to discuss issues with people. That is why everyone is here.....

In short, ur comment is bunk

While it is true that the point of a forum is to DISCUSS (perhaps you might want to find out what that word means), it is also true that fear is a significant factor in the fact that many atheists use the religion forums as a means to reaffirm their "non-belief".
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ezme(m): 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
davidylan:

How would you know this truth, if you have never been an atheist yourself before? I know about fear and how the Christian mind works, as I was formerly one myself. If the atheist is scared, he wouldn't slander your Christian God. I believe most atheists are here because they feel the need to encourage skepticism, and also put out a disparate view.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2013
ezme:

How would you know this truth, if you have never been an atheist yourself before? I know about fear and how the Christian mind works, as I was formerly one myself. If the atheist is scared, he wouldn't slander your Christian God. I believe most atheists are here because they feel the need to encourage skepticism, and also put out a disparate view.

1. Its quite rich to assume that no one knows the atheist mind even though you know absolutely everything about how the christian mind works. Amazing narcissism.

2. The scared atheist doesnt need to avoid slandering God... he only needs to make sure others are in his corner too.

3. Most atheists are not here to encourage skepticism, they are here (mostly out of fear) to shut down debate.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ezme(m): 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
davidylan:

1. Its quite rich to assume that no one knows the atheist mind even though you know absolutely everything about how the christian mind works. Amazing narcissism.

2. The scared atheist doesnt need to avoid slandering God... he only needs to make sure others are in his corner too.

3. Most atheists are not here to encourage skepticism, they are here (mostly out of fear) to shut down debate.

1. The conclusion you draw from my premises are entirely yours.

2. The larger group is usually suspect of herd mentality.

3. You are scared of hell; I know it is non-existent. Now tell me who is living in fear
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2013
ezme:

1. The conclusion you draw from my premises are entirely yours.

2. The larger group is usually suspect of herd mentality.

3. You are scared of hell; I know it is non-existent. Now tell me who is living in fear

1. Just the same way the conclusions you draw from christians solely from a perspective of prejudice is entirely yours.

2. The smaller group is also suspect of herd mentality. This section would be a great example - the atheist viewpoint is usually advanced by a tiny minority... the rest of you just piggyback. Besides 100% of the arguments from atheists here are as unoriginal as air. Most of them are brazenly plagiarized from other atheist websites. Talk of herd mentality.

3. So you know i am scared of hell how? Absurd.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by wiegraf: 5:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
David!!!

Still barking nonsense?

In before I'm here just to shut you up. You've not posted anything of merit.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ezme(m): 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2013
davidylan:

2. The smaller group is also suspect of herd mentality. This section would be a great example - the atheist viewpoint is usually advanced by a tiny minority... the rest of you just piggyback. Besides 100% of the arguments from atheists here are as unoriginal as air. Most of them are brazenly plagiarized from other atheist websites. Talk of herd mentality.

3. So you know i am scared of hell how? Absurd.

2. Is the belief question a question of originality? Why would someone who accepts without question all that is written in the bible even talk about originality?

3. Same way you came to these conclusions
davidylan:

3. Most atheists are not here to encourage skepticism, they are here (mostly out of fear) to shut down debate
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2013
ezme:

2. Is the belief question a question of originality? Why would someone who accepts without question all that is written in the bible even talk about originality?

By its nature... faith is the believe in something even when you havent seen it. I have no shame in declaring myself a follower of Christ. My problem is with atheists like you who trade one "myth" for another (the theory of evolution) while declaring themselves skeptics.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2013
Actually david i think you misunderstood the little dialogue between me and generalshepherd.but well i have to ask,why do you reject the other gods that are worshipped all over the world?zeus,poseidon,amadioha etc.what exactly is your reason for rejecting them and accepting the christian god?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2013
davidylan:

By its nature... faith is the believe in something even when you havent seen it. I have no shame in declaring myself a follower of Christ. My problem is with atheists like you who trade one "myth" for another (the theory of evolution) while declaring themselves skeptics.
This is an excuse of somebody who believes on fairy tales. It doesn't make any different from the Atheist you accused of believing in myth! While Atheism says the opposite!
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 23, 2013
Yeah, it's on again!
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
Mr.Rothstein:
Actually david i think you misunderstood the little dialogue between me and generalshepherd.but well i have to ask,why do you reject the other gods that are worshipped all over the world?zeus,poseidon,amadioha etc.what exactly is your reason for rejecting them and accepting the christian god?
It is what suited him! You see, it is based on fallacy and perception. Yet, some people are ready to defend it to the last even when the facts are starring at them on the face! grin grin grin
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by jayriginal: 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2013
davidylan:

While it is true that the point of a forum is to DISCUSS (perhaps you might want to find out what that word means), it is also true that fear is a significant factor in the fact that many atheists use the religion forums as a means to reaffirm their "non-belief".

What would you say about the many christians that go to the Satanic Chatbox?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:19am On Nov 24, 2013
davidylan:

Evolution seems more plausible to me,with the fossil records than the jewish folklore of Adam,Eve and the serpent. Besides evolution is not atheism
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 12:13pm On Nov 24, 2013
davidylan:

Do you have faith that Santa Claus will appear to some children? How about faith that faeries will be dancing round toadstools?

The difference is that the theory of evolution is a scientific theory while the core premises of Christianity are mythical. Trading a scientific theory for a myth makes a lot of sense.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2013
davidylan:

. . . .

. . . .

Nothing wrong with reusing a good argument.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (Reply)

Does Water Break The Fast? / Staunch Catholic Couple's Pre-Wedding Pictures / The Dangers Of Being A Prostitute In This Day And Age (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.