Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

The Cowardice Of Atheism - Religion (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Atheism (65134 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / Myopia Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 26, 2013
Logicboy03: Every atheist is intellectually dishonest and intellectually incapable of discussing evolution and the christian faith with davidylan.

Wow. Such arrogance.

Anyhoo, davidylan is a biologist that thinks evolution is crap.

That should be enough to show the mental retar.dation religion can cause. It turns a bright mind like davidylan into a conspiracy nutjob.

Evolution is now a conspiracy started by scientists to get people away from god.....another reason to dislike the excess of religion

you're being deliberately obtuse and dishonest. Obviously i made it clear the caliber of "atheists" here are largely an ignorant bunch who simply parrot what they read on google without much thought. If you think evolution is real, you can start by lining up your factual evidence right here. Failing which of course i can simply consign you to the dustbin of irrelevance.

We're going on 77 pages and you cowards haven't changed a bit.

3 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 26, 2013
@david you didn't give any answer to the questions i asked and yet you accuse atheists of ''mumbling non sense and running away" am sure you see the irony in that,everyone awaits your irrefutable arguments for theism
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 26, 2013
davidylan:

you're being deliberately obtuse and dishonest. Obviously i made it clear the caliber of "atheists" here are largely an ignorant bunch who simply parrot what they read on google without much thought. If you think evolution is real, you can start by lining up your factual evidence right here. Failing which of course i can simply consign you to the dustbin of irrelevance.

The caliber of atheists here?

Do you know a better caliber of athiests? Do you even have atheist friends that you discuss religion with?

You insult and stereotype atheists like you have a problem
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ezme(m): 8:39am On Nov 26, 2013
davidylan:

How many factual evidence have you put forward to support your biblical creation story? How do you account for the different race we have today? Am i supposed to believe that reassuring fable because its an easy way out?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 26, 2013
Christianity is an epidemic
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plainmirror(m): 9:47am On Nov 26, 2013
ezme:

How many factual evidence have you put forward to support your biblical creation story? How do you account for the different race we have today? Am i supposed to believe that reassuring fable because its an easy way out?

Can you vividly pen down what atheism stands for and your beliefs.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 9:57am On Nov 26, 2013
davidylan:

Obviously you have a problem with comprehension. Infact i state my own opinion on the biblical creation story in one of my responses to Mr.Rothstein. Appears like you folks do nothing but regurgitate the same windbaggery each time without thinking.

Obviously you have a problem with reading because I'm not Mr.Rothstein. A reasonable person would have realized this and directed me to this so-called response. As surprising as this may be to you, merely stating your opinion doesn't make your opinion coincide with reality. Right now, it isn't clear that you can tell the difference between myth and scientific theory and my questions are to simply show your actual positions on these issues.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 10:01am On Nov 26, 2013
davidylan:

Here we go. The usual grand-standing and name calling while remaining in ignorance. It does nothing to help your cause in any way. The factual evidence you're looking for can be found through google so why do you complain when they're presented to you? What is the source of the information in the Bible?

And 77 pages in, you have nothing new to support any of your claims. You can begin by lining up your claims and evidence for them right here.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ezme(m): 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
plainmirror:

I'm agnostic FYI. I don't do dogmas

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plainmirror(m): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
ezme:

I'm agnostic FYI. I don't do dogmas
Agnostic right? And am sure it isn't corelated with atheism.
Sire do you have any scientfic or agnostic explanation for miracles; thats if you believe in it as well.

Waiting....
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
plainmirror:
Sire do you have any scientfic or agnostic explanation for miracles; thats if you believe in it as well.

Waiting....

1. Some are staged
2. Some are outright cold readings
3. Majority are sheer coincidences
4. The placebo effect.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plainmirror(m): 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
rationalmind:

1. Some are staged
2. Some are outright cold readings
3. Majority are sheer coincidences
4. The placebo effect.

1 and 3 may be true just the same way as evolution and fossil theory.

There is certainly an invisible force in existence.

FEAR GOD
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ezme(m): 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
plainmirror:

Waiting....

Can you bring forward a well documented miracle? I don't do hearsay.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ezme(m): 5:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
plainmirror:

FEAR GOD

Absent the threat of hell and the promise of heaven, you won't practice any religion. It takes a lot of mental strength to arrive at the conclusion that the God ideology is man-made, especially in a religion-centric society like ours.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
plainmirror:

FEAR GOD

All are possible explanations for miracles. All miracles I've heard or read can be explained by any of those I listed. If uve seen any that cant be explained by it, tell us.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mr.Rothstein:
@david you didn't give any answer to the questions i asked and yet you accuse atheists of ''mumbling non sense and running away" am sure you see the irony in that,everyone awaits your irrefutable arguments for theism

This makes no sense. Irrefutable arguments for theism? I didn't stroll over to meet you... You strolled into my thread, unto a section that explicitly states "religion". It is up to you to tell us why you think God is a figment of the imagination. No one owes you an explanation for their belief system.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2013
ezme:

No you're no supposed or forced to believe anything. You are absolutely free to be an atheist. Just the same way I am free not to take your caterwauling seriously.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2013
thehomer:

Here we go. The usual grand-standing and name calling while remaining in ignorance. It does nothing to help your cause in any way. The factual evidence you're looking for can be found through google so why do you complain when they're presented to you? What is the source of the information in the Bible?

And 77 pages in, you have nothing new to support any of your claims. You can begin by lining up your claims and evidence for them right here.

The only claim made on this thread is in the title, evidence for which I provided in the first 2-3 pages. I don't know what other "evidence" you're whining about.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
plainmirror:

I'll give you my car if he answers your question.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
thehomer:

Obviously you have a problem with reading because I'm not Mr.Rothstein. A reasonable person would have realized this and directed me to this so-called response. As surprising as this may be to you, merely stating your opinion doesn't make your opinion coincide with reality. Right now, it isn't clear that you can tell the difference between myth and scientific theory and my questions are to simply show your actual positions on these issues.

Oh bother. Who cares? So my opinion does not jive with your idea of reality... And I should are because?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by wiegraf: 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2013
DAVID!!

I can't help but note that you have so bravely avoided defending your beliefs against us cowardly atheists for the last few pages, while barking your typical illogical nonsense. But that's not what brings me here, kind polite ser, I would like your opinion on this thread, if you will. You approve of the science, no?

In before you ignore me because I may have been 'rude' to you before. Really??! lol...
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
@david you're the one who said you're pretty sure if you present any argument to the atheists,we're only going to mumble and run away so i think its only logical that to test that claim,all you have to do is present the argument,nothing could be simpler than that
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plaetton: 8:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
Reyginus: This thread means what it says. This indeed perfectly explains the Cwardice of Atheism. And davidylan knows how to treat these dudes.
davidlan is the true coward, a conflicted coward.

Davidlan has stated clearly on this forum that biblical tales are too confusing and too silly to be taken seriously by any intelligent person.
Yup!
Uuhhum! shocked

Infact, that was the best truth ever told by a theist on this forum, and I still commend him for that.

Yet, he is too cowardly to step out of that silly box and embrace reality.
He still comes here to defend the same silliness and rebuke those that have long abandoned that silly ship.

Is that just cowardice or schizophrenia?

3 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Joshthefirst(m): 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
BĂ©lla3: I love this thread!grin

#grabs extra large pop corn(its gon' be a long show)grin
your show has been going on for 9 months and over 70 pages now. grin
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 9:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
davidylan:

The only claim made on this thread is in the title, evidence for which I provided in the first 2-3 pages. I don't know what other "evidence" you're whining about.

I'm talking about your complaints that the theory of evolution is a scientific theory. If you can, you're welcome to explain yourself on that issue.

I guess you still find it difficult to read and respond to my response on page 4 here.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by thehomer: 9:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
davidylan:

Oh bother. Who cares? So my opinion dies not jive with your idea of reality... And I should are because?

You should care because like other reasonable people, I thought you would prefer to have more correct ideas than incorrect ones. Especially when you have the opportunity of correcting those incorrect ideas. If you're that special type of person who doesn't care whether their ideas are correct or incorrect, you can quickly say so here.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
@David you posses a brilliant mind and as such if you choose to believe in God it is your right!
But even when I was a christian,I always found the way you address people way too aggressive. You are like a christian version of Logicboy! Anyway its a faceless forum why show decorum?

@topic when I posted as a christian I castigated atheists on this thread for being in the closet. Now I'm an atheist and I'm out of the closet and currently my eldest sister has been given me cold shoulders. It so sad and I love my family. Life would mean nothing if I lost my family and I'm not talking about anybody supporting me financially!

Once you deny Yahweh automatically most religious people turn you to an outcast,I am currently experiencing it and I don't discuss God till someone flings him in my face!

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
GeneralShepherd: @David you posses a brilliant mind and as such if you choose to believe in God it is your right!
But even when I was a christian,I always found the way you address people way too aggressive. You are like a christian version of Logicboy! Anyway its a faceless forum why show decorum?

Same thing I noticed. I keep wondering why the guy appears so unnecessarily hostile. Just look at his convo with Mr. Rothstein.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by plaetton: 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
rationalmind:

Same thing I noticed. I keep wondering why the guy appears so unnecessarily hostile. Just look at his convo with Mr. Rothstein.

I have psycho-analyzed the guy.
He is brilliant, but he is greatly conflicted.

He is a closet atheist very angry with his deep atheistic yearnings and therefore lashes out to all atheists.
He religious beliefs conflict greatly with his commonsense, but because he has committed so much of his life to these beliefs, he doesn't know how to wiggle out, except to, perhaps magically wish atheism away and death to all atheists.

He is to be pitied and assisted.

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
plaetton:

I have psycho-analyzed the guy.
He is brilliant, but he is greatly conflicted.

He is a closet atheist very angry with his deep atheistic yearnings and therefore lashes out to all atheists.
He religious beliefs conflict greatly with his commonsense, but because he has committed so much of his life to these beliefs, he doesn't know how to wiggle out, except to, perhaps magically wish atheism away and death to all atheists.

He is to be pitied and assisted.

grin grin
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 27, 2013
Mr.Rothstein:
@david you're the one who said you're pretty sure if you present any argument to the atheists,we're only going to mumble and run away so i think its only logical that to test that claim,all you have to do is present the argument,nothing could be simpler than that

You can cry till the cows come home.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 27, 2013
plaetton:
davidlan is the true coward, a conflicted coward.

Davidlan has stated clearly on this forum that biblical tales are too confusing and too silly to be taken seriously by any intelligent person.
Yup!
Uuhhum! shocked

Infact, that was the best truth ever told by a theist on this forum, and I still commend him for that.

Yet, he is too cowardly to step out of that silly box and embrace reality.
He still comes here to defend the same silliness and rebuke those that have long abandoned that silly ship.

Is that just cowardice or schizophrenia?

Maybe i like that silly box? Infact i love it... Enjoy

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (Reply)

Staunch Catholic Couple's Pre-Wedding Pictures / David Ibiyeomie Uses Limousine For His Awareness Rally In Port-Harcourt (Pics) / The Dangers Of Being A Prostitute In This Day And Age (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.