Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students (11221 Views)

Nigerian Girl Racially Abused In The UK For Her Struggle To Graduate(pics) / Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / Lasu To Students: Pay Up Today Or Forfeit Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by bashorunbazok: 6:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
How many brilliant students choose LASU in UTME?
What is d minimum cut off mark to gain admission?
Most times,admitted students to this university are victims of rejection in top rank schools in Nigeria.
It might be tough to bag a degree in LASU, but for brilliant students clustered around top rank schools,it would most like be a piece of cake.
#justSaying

1 Like

Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by Biggysmalls919(m): 6:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
Nigerians still go crazy abt paper qualification. Is it not thesame graduates that would be labelled half baked at the end of it all. It is the practicals that matters. Thats why u find places like here in america, high school grads do a even better because they get exposed to many stuffs.
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by GboyegaD(m): 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
Find Out!:
So proud of a very good friend of mine who is among the 21 students. She made a 'strong' first class for that matter o cheesy, the second person to graduate with such in that department since the first graduating class in 1988 or so(first 1st cass graduated just 2 years ago). Academic excellence will always remain an achievement anywhere. Best wishes to them and the other graduates as well...including 'senior' alumni like me wink

Which one be strong first class again cheesy
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by GboyegaD(m): 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
gbengress1: @ okiki, LASU no dey dash first class like some other schools. In most cases, those people with 2/1 in the institution are better than most 1st class in other institutions

Yet we blame our leaders for poor reasoning right?
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by luvola(m): 7:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
bashorunbazok: How many brilliant students choose LASU in UTME?
What is d minimum cut off mark to gain admission?
Most times,admitted students to this university are victims of rejection in top rank schools in Nigeria.
It might be tough to bag a degree in LASU, but for brilliant students clustered around top rank schools,it would most like be a piece of cake.
#justSaying
what a retarded post u made.. I can vividly tell u that while in lasu ,alot of my classmates bagged several prize even up to overall best in ICAN exam in nig and west africa .... Lemee tel u a scenero.. I knew of a class mate who left my dept at the end of level one (accounting dept) cgpa 3.45 out of fustration , he gained admission to unilag dept of accounting .he just graduated by having a first class honour... U think say he easy to have 2.1 talkless of 1.1 in lasu ? The sch just break a record by graduating just 21 first class which is the highest ever in a year. We knw be covenant university that turns out 100 first class .
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by GboyegaD(m): 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2013
luvola: what a retarded post u made.. I can vividly tell u that while in lasu ,alot of my classmates bagged several prize even up to overall best in ICAN exam in nig and west africa .... Lemee tel u a scenero.. I knew of a class mate who left my dept at the end of level one (accounting dept) cgpa 3.45 out of fustration , he gained admission to unilag dept of accounting .he just graduated by having a first class honour... U think say he easy to have 2.1 talkless of 1.1 in lasu ? The sch just break a record by graduating just 21 first class which is the highest ever in a year. We knw be covenant university that turns out 100 first class .

I now know why it is very difficult to make a first class reading through your post. what prizes were they awarded in West Africa? Is ICAN now synonymous to WASSCE? That he left your school to a school he preferred meant he left out of frustration right? What a shallow way of reasoning.
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by FindOut(m): 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2013
GboyegaD:

Which one be strong first class again cheesy

Lol. From 4.7, 4.75 and above na. As in as the 1st class strong reach, no bad belle lecturer fit trim am down mehn.grin
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by GboyegaD(m): 7:36pm On Feb 19, 2013
Find Out!:

Lol. From 4.7, 4.75 and above na. As in as the 1st class strong reach, no bad belle lecturer fit trim am down mehn.grin

I understand you just that I hear people say it most of the time they had a strong grade when in reality the grades are not differentiated on our certificates.
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by obitrac: 7:39pm On Feb 19, 2013
positiveowo: Rebranded LASU.....NO BE SMALL THING. GREATEST LASUITE!
LASU Dat fake school dat Ðoesnt deserve a place in lagos state
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by Mascotizer: 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Let me quickly add this, a very close friend of mine in the same dept. (@faculty of science) left LASU with a low 2:2grade but now he is a first class student in Unilag/Maulag....It's just so obvious that LASU's academics is'nt a junk like some others....
Believe it or not, if u can make it in LASU then u can make it in any institution in the world!
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by Bamijoko1(m): 8:48pm On Feb 19, 2013
Oga o for where student go get that kind first class for oau... Greatest ife
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by FindOut(m): 8:56pm On Feb 19, 2013
GboyegaD:

I understand you just that I hear people say it most of the time they had a strong grade when in reality the grades are not differentiated on our certificates.

True. It can be painful sometimes tho, especially when you graduate with a very high 2:1 or 2:2 grade.
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by FindOut(m): 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2013
obitrac: LASU Dat fake school dat Ðoesnt deserve a place in lagos state

Visit the school tomorrow, look round, then ask questions. I bet you'll change your view as expressed above. The only major downside today is the high tuition charged. That aside, the school is solidly on track. I studied a science course. When I was on IT (between 300L-400L), I was surprised I was way more knowledgeable and exposed in the practical aspect than my colleagues from OAU (yes, The Great Ife) and UNAAB. LASU's Law students are forces to reckon with at the Nigerian Law School, ask any Lawyer. The Medical school and Teaching Hospital are very much on point. & lots of administration & logistics glitches are gradually being adjusted.....that's aside from the constructions currently going on at the main campus.

A lot still needs to be done, but we must concede that from the tenure of Professors Hussein, Olatunji-Bello (acting) and now Obafunwa, the school has indeed really improved.
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by luvola(m): 9:15pm On Feb 19, 2013
Mascotizer: Let me quickly add this, a very close friend of mine in the same dept. (@faculty of science) left LASU with a low 2:2grade but now he is a first class student in Unilag/Maulag....It's just so obvious that LASU's academics is'nt a junk like some others....
Believe it or not, if u can make it in LASU then u can make it in any institution in the world!
seconded ... There was this lady too who left the dept with a 2.2, she just bagged a first class at osun state university... @ the dude asking ,e about west africa stuffs.. ICAN ats is now atswa - accounting technician of west african and kemi which happens to be a course mate emerged overall best student for ICAN atswa .. Also kofo of my dept bagged several prize.. Teniola who will graduate tmrow also bagged severall prizes and many more.. The truith is that alot of folks do think lasu students are not serious just because it a state sch.. Smh for some peeps
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by topmostg: 9:21pm On Feb 19, 2013
funky medina: hope 21 of them are educated.
are you kiddin me?

I really dont know what you smoked, but i want some

1 Like

Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by searay(m): 9:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
I know very well, with my 2:2 from UNIUYO, I can compete with any 1st Class poo from LASU.
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by Nuzo1(m): 9:43pm On Feb 19, 2013
I hope their results are well earned.

Cos the LASU I know 5 years back have half of her students in UK and other places. Most of them don't even know how the school's signboard look like. They get their certificates delivered to them via DHL.

Congratulations people! wink
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by Revolva(m): 9:51pm On Feb 19, 2013
If dem like make dem get first class na dem sabi na BIG problem dem just give demselves- in naija if you too know book na you go suffer pass,,,, I pity dem!!!
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by FindOut(m): 10:07pm On Feb 19, 2013
Nuzo':
I hope their results are well earned.

Cos the LASU I know 5 years back have half of her students in UK and other places. Most of them don't even know how the school's signboard look like. They get their certificates delivered to them via DHL.

Congratulations people! wink

I just wonder what peeps like you gain from ridiculous exagerrations. 5 years ago... Half of its students indeed. Smh
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by FindOut(m): 10:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
searay: I know very well, with my 2:2 from UNIUYO, I can compete with any 1st Class poo from LASU.

I graduated with a 2:2 (3.48 cgpa) from LASU in 2011. Come and compete with me first. What field?

For starters, am I to assume that your signature conforms to the rules of written English you learnt in Use of English class in UNIUYO?

2 Likes

Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by ogbuebo(m): 10:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
A lot of clean up is required in the system.As it is, it is a frustrating place to study.The present system does not encourage serious minded students especially those who are coming from other institutions.
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by jaidor: 10:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
ogbuebo: A lot of clean up is required in the system.As it is, it is a frustrating place to study.The present system does not encourage serious minded students especially those who are coming from other institutions.

hey u, u seem to be a deranged type..how can u just raise a point without evidence to proof. I DARE YOU to provide an evidence for ur post.
Go there 2mao and know whats up.
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by sunch(m): 10:56pm On Feb 19, 2013
Largest African Stressful University.
A 2.1 here is a 1st class or if there is any higher than that. The student are subject to series of mental traumas from the school authorities, making studying and comprehension difficult. Any student that scale through successfully shld thank his/her star, not to talk about the frequent closure etc.
LASU my ama mata.

1 Like

Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by leeland(m): 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
gbengress1: @ okiki, LASU no dey dash first class like some other schools. In most cases, those people with 2/1 in the institution are better than most 1st class in other institutions
Like me,came out with a 2nd class upper in biochem,was der any 1st class from biochem so far.
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by jaidor: 11:12pm On Feb 19, 2013
searay: I know very well, with my 2:2 from UNIUYO, I can compete with any 1st Class poo from LASU.

ODE!
Better thank ur God cos if u had been to LASU then u definitely would have ended up with a PASS or if u're dat brilliant a 3rd Class. Besides d last time I checked, Uniuyo was at number 21st on the Nigerian Universities ranking (www.4icu.org). That made it so evident that LASU (though a state uni) is far better than ur school.
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by Boll2010: 11:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
Find Out!:
So proud of a very good friend of mine who is among the 21 students. She made a 'strong' first class for that matter o cheesy, the second person to graduate with such in that department since the first graduating class in 1988 or so(first 1st cass graduated just 2 years ago). Academic excellence will always remain an achievement anywhere. Best wishes to them and the other graduates as well...including 'senior' alumni like me wink
strng or weak 1st class 1st class na 1st class
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by FindOut(m): 11:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Boll2010: strng or weak 1st class 1st class na 1st class

Lol.True!
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by nicefeeling: 12:39am On Feb 20, 2013
luvola: i remember when i was in level 3 , the nos of 2.1 students at the of the session were 98 out of 242 which was the highest ever in the history of any dept in lasu (dept of accounting)))))).. The hod was very because it is strange to have that large nos of 2.1 students since the normal norms was usually at most 25 second class upper every year in the dept.. He vowed to reduced the nos of 2.1 by the time we graduate... At the end , they sucked our cgpa in final year in which nos of second class upper were reduced frm 98 to 60.. It only God that saved me (frm 3.9 in level three - 3.67 )... To bag 2.1 in this citadel na war

You just said like it is bruv, the girl that is graduating as the 2nd best in Lasu happens to be a classmate (Microbiology), this particular lady saw hell b4 coming out as 2nd best.

This was a girl that vowed never to have a reason to calculate her CGPA coz her As were sure but d moment they noticed her like from 300L mehn, they began to dash her Bs. Anywayz I say a big congratulations to myself and all convocating 2mrw.

Y'all invited RSVP wink
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by nicefeeling: 12:43am On Feb 20, 2013
leeland:
Like me,came out with a 2nd class upper in biochem,was der any 1st class from biochem so far.

Yes, two students came out with 1st class in Biochem this set. U try bro, 2.1 in Lasu Biochem no be beans o!

1 Like

Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by nicefeeling: 12:48am On Feb 20, 2013
sunch: Largest African Stressful University.
A 2.1 here is a 1st class or if there is any higher than that. The student are subject to series of mental traumas from the school authorities, making studying and comprehension difficult. Any student that scale through successfully shld thank his/her star, not to talk about the frequent closure etc.
LASU my ama mata.

I agree with the bolded! grin grin
Re: LASU To Graduate 21 First-Class Students by eleshin(m): 1:05am On Feb 20, 2013
hmmmmmmmm LASU! Graduatin from that school was hell! D environment was nt conducive for learning nd most lecturers r jst pure sadists.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Rewrite Jamb Or Continue Waiting For Admission / UNN Cancels Post Utme Exams! / The Importance And Benefits Of Private Tuition/classes/coaching.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.