Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years (22256 Views)

Grave Of D Richest Man In Kuwait. He Owned Oil Wells,Several Hotels & Properties / Photo: Nigerian Man Has The Strongest Teeth In Africa. / Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by jhydebaba(m): 10:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
Some Nija guys go still dey sleep for embassy dey wait for Serbian visa.

3 Likes

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by eagleeye2: 10:36pm On Feb 17, 2013
buchai: Dat man funny die, he said "his more afraid of the living than the died".

Abeg bros make una dey pity us small naw.... if sleep dey catch you make you go sleep, than to dey distribute gbagaun like it's going out of fashion.

2 Likes

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by osisey2010: 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2013
sagytarius™:
No, Methinks it's Jumia.
na eBay
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by deboydebo: 10:46pm On Feb 17, 2013
osisey2010: na eBay

No...oh na Konga grin grin grin
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by ThatNaijaGirl(f): 10:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
Hahahaha i'll give him credit, but i like my home better then a graveyard! smiley
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by sanandreas(m): 10:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
Poverty on the rage.
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by onila(f): 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
all-out:
Dude must be able to communicate with a ghost by now, liver pass liver!
grin grin
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by nicago: 11:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: Damn lucky man, free rent et al

No one prays to be this 'lucky'..do you? Which woman will want to join him in raising a family in the graveyard? No one!
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by CGKing(m): 11:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
Men I just thank You Lord God Almighty for my life. I just thank You.

And I thank God the poor man ain't living in a Nigerian grave. Thank you Lord.
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by dammytosh: 11:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
klasys: this is amazon

This is nairaland u mean ?.

Amazon ko, alibaba ni grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by dammytosh: 11:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
binger: Jeez! People are rili suffering. Be thankful if you have a soft cozy foam to lay ur head on...and a plate of meal to fill your belly anytime.

Yes boss. That is d message not amazon.
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by DonnaJocasta(f): 11:15pm On Feb 17, 2013
Jeeeeeez! This is scary
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 17, 2013
buchai: Dat man funny die, he said "his more afraid of the living than the died".
ROTFL grin grin
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by mjconcept(m): 11:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
And yet they call us names.
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 17, 2013
klasys: this is amazon
rara ooo... Amazon kere.. Google trader ni... Oloshi olodo.
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by BashToks: 11:34pm On Feb 17, 2013

Now this is what u GBAGAUN DETECTORS should really prey on.. This one ain't like the amazon typo, this is actual intended GBAGS!!
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Ivynwa(f): 11:50pm On Feb 17, 2013
Is 15 years not crazily too long for an able bodied man like him to be homeless unless he is disabled/mentally unbalanced and can't take care of himself but the word of his mouth depicts him as a sane person. If he had diligently sought a means of sustenance/job throughout the 15 years he would have definitely saved enough to rent or even build a house with. I'm sure that there is a kind hearted person or even organisation like church out there that can give him free accommodation than him living in that place. He is lucky that he is not living in an environment where some ignorant ones are fooled into believing that human body parts can be used to make money for them or such sickly and ignorant persons would have come for him long time ago.

I was also thinking 'what happens when it rains'? Won't rain water run into his poor home? Oh dear!

Sojebrand: 'It doesn't frighten me to sleep in a grave. The dead are dead. I'm more frightened of being hungry.

'And if I die in the night, at least I'm in the right place.
' [s]this dude is funny grin grin grin[/s]

I-Kenn:
'Whenever I want to crawl out I first check if there's someone around, otherwise I could scare a person to death.'
^
rotfl, lwkmd, lmao... Dat man is funny oo

Yeah dude has a rich and healthy sense of humour meaning that he is sane and sound and his place is with the living. Seems he thinks otherwise. Huh!

jammyng: Hmm.......and some are complaining about 'face me, i face you' in lagos while this man faces ghosts.

Yeah, right! We should cherish what we have while dreaming big.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by fitzmayowa: 12:01am On Feb 18, 2013
i guess we should always expect anything in this world.

na wa ooooooooooooooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 18, 2013
ayswags: Wtf

My exact words
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by 2nedo(m): 2:42am On Feb 18, 2013
D man have strong mind. Better than commiting suicide
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Originalsly: 4:04am On Feb 18, 2013
The man is a survivor.I don't see what is so funny about him saying he is more afraid of the living than the dead.He can really cause heart attack or be killed if he is seen raising from the grave.Homelessness can cause people to sink to depths they never thought possible.We need to be thankful that in Naija we can be jobless and homeless but at least...dwell above ground.
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by moneyhungry(m): 4:27am On Feb 18, 2013
dis is da real ghost - mode.
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by hollypagan: 5:19am On Feb 18, 2013
nothing scary there i can do it even more years
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Flygerian1(m): 5:37am On Feb 18, 2013
Brb.
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by born2boink(m): 6:51am On Feb 18, 2013
If this had happen in Naija, people woulld have condemn GEJ
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Gombs(m): 7:19am On Feb 18, 2013
..."It's amzing what people throw away"

Not dat I go tru refuse dumps n bins,but he's got a point thr!...thnk God if u av a cup of water today...somalia kids cnt find one,not evn if its dirty
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 18, 2013
You don see a homeless person wey get homework? ;DYou don see a homeless person wey get homework?
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by God2man(m): 7:48am On Feb 18, 2013
joyli:

A homeless man has told how he began sleeping with the dead when he moved into a cemetery 15 years ago.

Bratislav Stojanovic, 43, has shared the burial plot with the ashes of a a family who died out more than 100 years ago in Nis, Serbia.

But after giving the grave a changing tombs-style makeover the former construction worker said he feels at home.

He said: 'It is dry and it is warm. I have some lamps and my personal possessions.

'It isn't a palace but it is more comfortable than the street.'
Mr Stojanovic, who has never had a regular job, lost his home in the town after running up debts.

He moved into the grave after dossing down in the streets for months and now spends his time foraging in the out of use cemetery for candles.

Mr Stojanovic said that living with the dead isn't as scary as some might think. He said: 'I was afraid in the beginning, but I got used to it in time. Now I am more afraid of the living than of the dead

'Whenever I want to crawl out I first check if there's someone around, otherwise I could scare a person to death.

'People are very kind to me, they sometimes bring me food or clothes.

'Sometimes I have to get my food from rubbish bins but it can be very nutritious. It's amazing what people throw away," he explained.

'It doesn't frighten me to sleep in a grave. The dead are dead. I'm more frightened of being hungry.

'And if I die in the night, at least I'm in the right place.'

Mr Stojanovic lives on a diet of food he collects from the rubbish and collects cigarette butts he finds on the ground.

His tomb spans only two-square yards and the ceiling is one yard high.

Officials at the cemetery say their squatter can stay as long as he does not disturb other visitors.

'The family who owned the tomb are long gone so technically it belongs to no-one. If he behaves himself there are no plans to evict him,' said a spokesman.

The name of the family who owned the tomb is unknown as the names have eroded from the gravestone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2278793/Scare-home-Destitute-man-moves-100-year-old-GRAVE-losing-house.html

Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by jidewin(m): 8:11am On Feb 18, 2013
funny but no rent and no landlord wahala.But i wonder what if spiritual konji hol am grin?na where e wan carry woman come?
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by sgsltd(m): 8:28am On Feb 18, 2013
surfferness is everywhere in the world ,Chai
Re: Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 18, 2013
I wonder how people sleep outside in sub-zero temperatures.
thankfully, purely because of the grace and mercies of God, I never have to find out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supreme Court Ends Four-decade Old Land Dispute In Anambra / Nigerians Sting Themselves With Bees Claiming It Cures Sicknesses (Video) / This Photos Of The World Biggest Snake Will Shock You - SEE PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.