Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! (7496 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

And if you must know, I put up this thread because I was getting tired of seeing some very silly arguments both for and against religion. The focus on the post of some Atheists is simply because after the silly argument the individual would lay claim to intelligence when the post is far from it.

You never had any intention to call out any poster for religion, just against religion. You simply put that in because you wanted to at least hide your intentions.

Now you are slowly revealing your intentions.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Hmmm...I am happy we have some smart nairalanders. Let the evidence speak for itself.

My aim was and still is to destroy every form of religious beliefs. I am ready to re explain the bible the way it should be. "Worship no one"!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by An0nimus: 3:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
no not another thread :|..anyways, stryktlymi I see you..Uncle Rey I see you..I greet y'all. now where is that popcorn again sef grin
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Hmmm...I am happy we have some smart nairalanders. Let the evidence speak for itself.

What was your reply to that comment , dont dodge. I am being patient with you
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifeness:

Their intelligence is being suppressed . All humans were born without any belief stocked in their memories.
na wa o. That a people's intelligent is suppressed is not the same thing as 'they are unintelligent'. That was a blunder I'd prefer you admit.
I also want to know how humans come to distinguish good from bad?
Btw, how is this intelligence suppressed?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
nokia3310:

Going by your argument, you also need a lesson on comprehension for i didn't refer to myself as an atheist. You'll definitely be my course mate wink

Mehn...I hate doing this! I will correct some of my brethren and still correct some Atheists too?

You said:

nokia3310: Well, personally as an atheist or rather an agnostic i don't think i am smarter than religious folks, but one thing i know for sure is that i'm more sincere than ALL theist, at least for accepting that the religion I've practiced all my life is fundamentally wrong, rather than to continue to defend the indefensible.

Now, let me school you a bit.

The word "or" is used to connect words, phrases and even clauses which represent alternatives. The bold in your post i.e the "or" is used to connect the word 'Atheist' and the phrase 'rather an Agnostic'. It can readily be seen that someone can refer to you as either an Atheist or an Agnostic according to your post and the use of "or".

I chose the alternative 'Atheist' instead of 'Agnostic'. Hope you understand now?

PS: LB can you imagine this?

1 Like

Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by rhymz(m): 4:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
mehn, I have been observing from sidelines the avalanche of threads against atheism mostly by christians. Na wa o. Are folks that bothered about what people choose to believe or is this just a ruse by Seun and his uncreative mods to get traffic.
To believe in Jesus or A God is not by force na. Openly I am regarded as a christian for convenience sake but by conviction, I will be the last person to believe that Jesus story clap-trap and Mr Paul's miraculaous conversion that bred christianity. Common sense is all that is needed to see all that farce. Enuff said abeg.

2 Likes

Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 18, 2013
rhymz: mehn, I have been observing from sidelines the avalanche of threads against atheism mostly by christians. Na wa o. Are folks that bothered about what people choose to believe or is this just a ruse by Seun and his uncreative mods to get traffic.
To believe in Jesus or A God is not by force na. Openly I am regarded as a christian for convenience sake but by conviction, I will be the last person to believe that Jesus story clap-trap and Mr Paul's miraculaous conversion that bred christianity. Common sense is all that is needed to see all that farce. Enuff said abeg.

smiley
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

What was your reply to that comment , dont dodge. I am being patient with you

LB,

Patience is a virtue! cheesy

There is really no need to fight over this. Let me explain...my response:

Wrong! Not every word in sacred scriptures is meant to be taken literally. An understanding of it is very important! This is why those who want to use it as a basis to explain creation, the geography of the earth etc will always get it wrong.

is meant to point out that not every word is as it seems and an understanding of sacred scriptures is required.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
rhymz: mehn, I have been observing from sidelines the avalanche of threads against atheism mostly by christians. Na wa o. Are folks that bothered about what people choose to believe or is this just a ruse by Seun and his uncreative mods to get traffic.

Are you sure you know what this thread is about?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Iyineda(m): 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi: Good morning,

I have seen very many arguments

I stopped reading there. I cannot take OP seriously when in the thread title he writes something about others thinking they are "smart" yet in his first sentence puts the English language to shame.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
Iyineda:

I stopped reading there. I cannot take OP seriously when in the thread title he writes something about others thinking they are "smart" yet in his first sentence puts the English language to shame.

Where is my head?? This headache!

LB is this one of yours?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by nokia3310: 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Mehn...I hate doing this! I will correct some of my brethren and still correct some Atheists too?

You said:

The word "or" is used to connect words, phrases and even clauses which represent alternatives. The bold in your post i.e the "or" is used to connect the word 'Atheist' and the phrase 'rather an Agnostic'. It can readily be seen that someone can refer to you as either an Atheist or an Agnostic according to your post and the use of "or".

I chose the alternative 'Atheist' instead of 'Agnostic'. Hope you understand now?

That is because you decided to neglect the word rather in my post. Well, i don't blame you, because i'm not actually expecting anything like SINCERITY from someone that believes that god created this world then he came into it, in person to die for our sins so that he can forgive us our sins
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
three pages and counting, no atheist has addressed the original post, rather, the original poster and his belief.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Iyineda(m): 4:23pm On Feb 18, 2013

I just read the first few posts in page one and my did I dodge a bullet here. I'm glad I didn't waste my time formulating any sort of reasonable argument.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by rhymz(m): 4:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Are you sure you know what this thread is about?
I understand the undertones underneath these threads than the easily deciphered surface you think you understand.
I am not new in nairaland or to the arguments on religion and beliefs. I even have threads where I argued at length with some christian die-hards. So cut the BS. There is too much emphasy especially by christians, like a we against them kind of thread. As we speak there is already one headlining on the front page. Na wetin sef. Abi una wan strap bomb just to force people to believe the incredible Jesus story?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
nokia3310:

That is because you decided to neglect the word rather in my post. Well, i don't blame you, because i'm not actually expecting anything like SINCERITY from someone that believes that god created this world then he came into it, in person to die for our sins so that he can forgive us our sins

Logicboy where arth thou??

Does this guy have the right to talk about sincerity?

@nokia this is the English language and not some argument. There are established rules. If you want to be understandable then use the right words.

I keep getting evidence to back up my thread! Let us stop the sentiments!!!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
rhymz: I understand the undertones underneath these threads than the easily deciphered surface you think you understand.
I am not new in nairaland or to the arguments on religion and beliefs. I even have threads where I argued at length with some christian die-hards. So cut the BS. There is too much emphasy especially by christians, like a we against them kind of thread. As we speak there is already one headlining on the front page. Na wetin sef. Abi una wan strap bomb just to force people to believe the incredible Jesus story?

More evidence!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
Iyineda:

Mr man, what's the relationship between smartness and writing in concordance with a language?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

You said:

The word you should be looking at is "or rather" not just "or". "or rather" here means "or more exactly; or more accurately". So you will have to take the agnostic, not the atheist. example, he is my teacher, or rather he was my teacher. in this sentence he is trying to be more accurate.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by rhymz(m): 4:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi: Good morning,

I have seen very many arguments put forth by some Atheists that would make you stop dead in your tracks and THINK!!! The first thoughts that come to mind for me is: This guy is very smart!..The argument is devoid from any manner of fallacy, the presentation is uptight and the general feel of the argument makes so much sense even if I do not necessarily agree with the individual's perspective.

This sadly is the complete opposite of some arguments presented by some Atheists here in this section. I have seen so many arguments that make no sense in the very least and the sad reality is that the individual Atheist who presented the argument leaves feeling very smart and accomplished...I can't help but wonder how the individual cannot see the big question mark on his or her ability to exert him or herself intellectually.

I do understand that quite a lot of my brethren argue out of emotions and frankly some, if not most of the arguments put forth are a direct result of what they have been taught from childhood which they find difficult to shake cause it's all they know and have been made to believe; but to see an Atheist argue like these my brethren is really appalling cause of the Atheist claim of logic, knowledge and an ability to apply him or herself intellectually.

The truth is, I have seen some Atheists argue with very sound logic, reason and one can't help but say that this Atheist is a knowledgeable nairalander but the silly arguments I have seen is something to be worried about. There is a need for every individual (Religious or irreligious)to read through his or her post and ask him or herself whether it makes sense before posting, otherwise we will just see another individual arguing with his emotions rather than with his head.

Thank you!
By the way, what exactly is it that you are on about intelligence and all that general talk. Do you expect anyone to address a piece that obviously addresses nothing besides childish complaints that bothers on petty stuff. You obviously are itching for some Atheist vs Christian dog fight. Don't pretend like you know any better either.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Iyineda(m): 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
Reyginus: Mr man, what's the relationship between smartness and writing in concordance with a language?

The latter needs a wee-bit of intelligence. wink
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
rhymz: By the way, what exactly is it that you are on about intelligence and all that general talk. Do you expect anyone to address a piece that obviously addresses nothing besides childish complaints that bothers on petty stuff. You obviously are itching for some Atheist vs Christian dog fight. Don't pretend like you know any better either.

Do not mind the guy. He is an olodo. Simple English he no know. meanwhile he was trying to school a poster on the English language. smh.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by rhymz(m): 4:35pm On Feb 18, 2013
kmcutez:

The word you should be looking at is "or rather" not just "or". "or rather" here means "or more exactly; or more accurately". So you will have to take the agnostic, not the atheist. example, he is my teacher, or rather he was my teacher. in this sentence he is trying to be more accurate.
hahahaha. . .apparently, this thread has gradually turned into an english language session since the OP clearly has no direction of purpose of what is it he wants to talk about. In the topic he is saying else, reading the article leaves you even more confused as to what he is on about. Why not just come clean and say you want a dog fight, instead of this redundant antics. . .lol
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2013
kmcutez:

The word you should be looking at is "or rather" not just "or". "or rather" here means "or More exactly; or more accurately". So you will have to take the agnostic, not the atheist. example, he is my teacher, or rather he was my teacher. in this sentence he is trying to be more accurate.

Don't tell me you do not know that there is no such word as "or rather" in English.

This is not the thread to teach English please! Go and verify how "or" is used in any sentence.

I did not set out to talk about the use of "or", nokia forced my hand when one his posts suggested that he was trying to deny a statement he made himself. The use of "rather" does not in any way undermine the fact that one can choose to call him an Atheist.

Mistakes are bound to be made, let's just forget this ish and move forward!

Back to topic!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2013
Kmcutez and Rhymz.....

You guys have blown the op and his foolish thread to pieces. grin grin

1 Like

Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by nokia3310: 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2013
kmcutez:

Don't mind the id.iot, for obviously there is no point posting in this type of thread. Walking away singing "My soul is not for Christ"
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03: Kmcutez and Rhymz.....

You guys have blown the op and his foolish thread to pieces. grin grin

You amaze me! Even wiegraf would be disappointed with this show!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by rhymz(m): 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Don't tell me you do not know that there is no such word as "or rather" in English.

This is not the thread to teach English please! Go and verify how "or" is used in any sentence.

I did not set out to talk about the use of "or", nokia forced my hand when one his posts suggested that he was trying to deny a statement he made himself. The use of "rather" does not in any way undermine the fact that one can choose to call him an Atheist.

Back to topic!
Again, I ask, what is your topic about if it aint a dog fisticuff?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by rhymz(m): 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
Like seriously, Logicboy has become a star of some sort. . .lol. . This guy obviously is trying to get his attention. Hahahah . . .guy you don popular as the guy wey dey give Jesus childrien headaches. I remember one guy like that on Linda ikeji's blog using you as an example of a logic guy. . .i laugh tire sha cos small small small your friends go begin know your religious stance then you go become evil pikin influenced by demons. . .lol. . I know that tag all too well when I decide to poke my christian friends...lol

1 Like

Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
I am really disappointed to say the least!

I was hopeful that I would get enough evidence to back up my thread but I had no idea it would come this soon. This is the very reason why Nigeria is still at the bottom of the food chain amongst the committee of Nations.

This our "Us vs them" way of thinking is really a 'pitiable dismal pismal'. One would deny what is true because of some ego or a longing to be seen as a champion of what exactly? I thought this is what some Atheists fight against? What has happened to the pursuit of knowledge?..Oh I get it...we only pursue it when it feeds our selfish interests?

ooman tried to proffer plausible reasons for the backwardness of the 'black man', he need not look any further...this is the reason: 'MENTAL SLAVERY'!!!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Back to topic!

This poster is even duller than I first thought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Never Use Your Name To Secure A Loan For A Man - Clergyman Warns Single Ladies / Misunderstanding Of Christians On Money / Is the gospel free or costly? . How Do You See It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.