Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,150 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:45 AM

Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? (48252 Views)

Ladies, Would You Cook And Do House Chores For Your Bf/fiancé Before Marriage?? / If You're A Lady, Do You Like Being Called "Baby"? / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 7:16pm On Feb 20, 2013
ZUBY77: little girls of nowadays, you people need serious lessons on marriage.

[size=18pt]So exactly what would you be doing in your boyfriends house?
[/size]
Lie on the bed all day or watch movies while he washes the plates and cleans the house?

Merging this silly American Mentalities with African way of doing things is destroying you twats.

How on earth am i supposed to even love some lazy girl who is only interested in my bed?

Look at question. . . .

What exactly will you be doing in your gf's house?

If both of you enjoy cleaning each other's house, then go for it. But it aint one way.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by damilolaluv(f): 7:16pm On Feb 20, 2013
Well said. A relationship is two ways, a partnership and you cant expect 1 person to do everything just because she is a woman and ur gf. Woman also work and have other responsibilities but if she is ur wife then you will be part if not her main responsibilty.
Caracta: Learn to read before jumping into wrong conclusions. Most of the ladies here did not say they can't help out. They said they can, ONCE IN A WHILE! I leave for work at 5:30am and get home around 9pm, rush home to cook for my family. Are you telling me to go to my bf's house first to do his dishes? Does that make sense?

The only little time i can spare on weekends and public hols can be used for visitations and "helping out". I'm soo glad he is not dirty and lazy and he understands. I love to cook, he likes to eat. I clean the dishes, he throws out the garbage. It is a RELATIONSHIP!

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Truckpusher(m): 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
space reserved
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by damilolaluv(f): 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
oops i meant bf thanks
Yoruba_Omoge:

Boyfriend, not husband.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Truckpusher(m): 7:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
I personally hate it when guys take advantage of a woman's love and respect for stupidity,but again i'll not fail to say that if there is any attitude i dislike abt some of these ladies, it's their boisterous chest beating meanwhile, even in real world despite all the education it will only take a 16yr old boy to turn them into zombies....the victims i feel for are the ones, the worst of all the simpletions that will swallow their story of bravado hook,line and sinker only to commit relationship suicide each time she goes into one....GOD THEY WATCH UNA FOR 5D
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by buchibabe: 7:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Boyfriend, not husband.

Lol...babes u really get time for dis thread today.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by lovely151: 7:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
In 2013, y'all still get dis kian mentality? Wots d biggie about sweeping, washing and cooking? I mean for Godsake, dose are d qualities a guy who wants to settle down would probably be on d look out for. All dis shakara dey ruin cv o! U were warned o! Hian! Smh.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by olasmith10(m): 7:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
It depends on the outcome the lady expects in d relationship.If d relationship has a gr8 tendency to lead to marriage,then I don't c it as a big deal to help whenever u visit him.As a mata of fact,it even serve as an avenue to measure and observe d house material qualities of u.
NB:dis depends on d nature of dier love.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Arsenate(m): 7:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Look at question. . . .

lolol, this girl na confirm parrot...lol. If you marry this one, na pure hypertension you don bring home be that o. Bobos make una shine una eyes wella. Run far far away from these "I too wise" modern gals. I don talk my own. I'm out.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Truckpusher(m): 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Boyfriend, not husband.
You said boy friend and not husband ...my question is can you give what you don't have...or you think that the act of tolerating another individual into your life is an overnight task...abeg make i hear word...DO YOU EVEN HAVE A BOY FRIEND?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Chilexeve: 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2013
When I was dating my hubby, I wasn't doing anything for him. In fact, I pretended as if I didn't know how to do anything. It even got to a point that the sister became angry with him.

But when I found out that despite all those my 'lazy attitudes', he still loved me, I decided to bring out my real self, though I limited my chores to cooking n cleaning the house once in a while. My brother in law was doing the washing. Even up till now he still does the washing. In fact, the very first day I cooked for him when I visited, he couldn't believe I did the cooking cos it was so delicious even more than the sister's own. It even got to the point during my service year in kaduna that he started sending me flight money once in a while just to come and cook for him.

My point is, don't make your relationship to be all about doing chores.

Did I tell u pple that this is my first comment on nairaland? So haaaaaapppppyyyyy!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2013
Truckpusher: I personally hate it when guys take advantage of a woman's love and respect for stupidity,but again i'll not fail to say that if there is any attitude i dislike abt some of these ladies, it's their boisterous chest beating meanwhile, even in real world despite all the education it will only take a 16yr old boy to turn them into zombies....the victims i feel for are the ones, the worst of all the simpletions that will swallow their story of bravado hook,line and sinker only to commit relationship suicide each time she goes into one....GOD THEY WATCH UNA FOR 5D

Keep quiet. There's no chest beating here.

I personally hate it when men still hold onto to a Stonehenge mentality.
You all said acting like his wife while she doesn't even have a ring to pawn is not an issue, but when she she doesn't it becomes an issue.
Makes no damn sense.
If it's not an issue, then why are you popping veins? Why can't we just leave it be?
So admit it, it is an issue because it's a gender expectation of what a woman should do.
This ain't the bob marley period.
If you want wifey material, give wifey material. Period.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Acidosis(m): 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
I love my life...

I do my thing with or without a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by anitank(f): 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
olasmith10: It depends on the outcome the lady expects in d relationship.If d relationship has a gr8 tendency to lead to marriage,then I don't c it as a big deal to help whenever u visit him.As a mata of fact,it even serve as an avenue to measure and observe d house material qualities of u.
NB:dis depends on d nature of dier love.
well said. Most of the girls are probably dating "a nobody" who they know they have no future with, that's why they don't feel obligated to do those things. Good luck to them anyway

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by kandiikane(m): 7:28pm On Feb 20, 2013
anitank: SMH at some of the posts coming from NL ladies. Its really sad.

@topic, i ENJOY doing chores anytime i go to my man's house because i see him as my big baby. i cook, clean, wash and arrange, sometimes i even ask him to just sit while i feed him.......yea sue me tongue
I barely let him touch anything when am around. I don't do all that because am desperate and want him to marry me immediately but becos i LOVE him and am the type that likes pampering her man.

How comfortable would a lady be in her boyfriend's place watching him cook and clean, but goes to bedroom with him, bleeps him and then go home And you expct him to take u seriously?? SMDH

If you do chores for your boyfriend then good for you, everyone has a right to an opinion. Not everyone has a boyfriend who appreciates when you do such things.

My point why should women feel bad for not doing these so called chores if they don't feel the need to do it. Ofcourse, if he was doing things for me then I won't hesistate to help him round the house but in this generation when men don't feel the need to do 'hubby materials' why should I carry my two legs go to a man's house to do chores? Naah, na because my mama nor born me well.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Acidosis(m): 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
Chilexeve: When I was dating my hubby, I wasn't doing anything for him. In fact, I pretended as if I didn't know how to do anything. It even got to a point that the sister became angry with him.

But when I found out that despite all those my 'lazy attitudes', he still loved me, I decided to bring out my real self, though I limited my chores to cooking n cleaning the house once in a while. My brother in law was doing the washing. Even up till now he still does the washing. In fact, the very first day I cooked for him when I visited, he couldn't believe I did the cooking cos it was so delicious even more than the sister's own. It even got to the point during my service year in kaduna that he started sending me flight money once in a while just to come and cook for him.

My point is, don't make your relationship to be all about doing chores.

Did I tell u pple that this is my first comment on nairaland? So haaaaaapppppyyyyy!!!!!
apparently, ur first comment is a sensible one!
congratulations grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2013
Chilexeve:
My point is, don't make your relationship to be ALL ABOUT doing chores.
Bless you, my sister
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ayaomi1(f): 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
Seriously, I don't think any lady need to do all dt before the boyfriend thinks he has found a wife material.I never for once wash my hubby cloth before we got married,the only time I cooked for him was wen he came to visit while I was stil in school.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Truckpusher(m): 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Keep quiet. There's no chest beating here.

I personally hate it when men still hold onto to a Stonehenge mentality.
You all said acting like his wife while she doesn't even have a ring to pawn is not an issue, but when she she doesn't it becomes an issue.
Makes no damn sense.
If it's not an issue, then why are you popping veins? Why can't we just leave it be?
So admit it, it is an issue because it's a gender expectation of what a woman should do.
This ain't the bob marley period.
If you want wifey material, give wifey material. Period.
Oh oh i see where you're going sweetheart....you should've told me that you always run around with peeps that don't have any concrete plan to settle down then i'll understand......lemme summarize it this way: You really wanna do this for a man that is serious and not 'one chop clean mouth' guy wey no get plans for both of una abi?...if it's this i agree you won but say the guy dun already propose make the next three or four months things dun set you come say you no cook for me ,they ration everything including kpomo ..i go just vex carry ur friend go court go register her after all wife na wife. grin grin grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
Doyensky: #shakes head#i pity ur condition
U dey mad? Which condition dey affect u and ya ancestors? Ko shi mehn!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
anitank:
well said. Most of the girls are probably dating "a nobody" who they know they have no future with, that's why they don't feel obligated to do those things. Good luck to them anyway
Yes, i do not feel obligated to do it. I do the little i can, out of love. And no, he is not "a nobody". Thanks for the good wishes. I wish you the same.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2013
Truckpusher: You said boy friend and not husband ...my question is can you give what you don't have...or you think that the act of tolerating another individual into your life is an overnight task...abeg make i hear word...DO YOU EVEN HAVE A BOY FRIEND?

What exactly don't I have if I'm cooking for myself, cleaning my laundry and being my own wife?
Must I babysit you before you know that I can handle my needs and your needs?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
lol...relax jor. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Truckpusher(m): 7:38pm On Feb 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
hmm idowu i take God beg you no start with am grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:39pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Thank you jare. Now you know why I loff you, Idowu.
Oya, you fit come to my house and do my laundry too?
E no be issue abi? Since you do it at home, you can do it at a friend's place too. wink tongue

Ps I'm sure you boffy even expects you to clean up at his friend's place. I mean, the more houses you clean, the more wifey you become.
The man go propose to you while you're on your knees cleaning his "was once white now golden" toilet grin tongue
Ileke, abeg if na play stop am. Am i dating him and his friends? So Ewo lo Oshi? Y I would I go cleaning and cooking for his friends, Na dem dey knack me? Gal plueaseeee!!

P.s- My bofy is a grown man wiv common sense, so save d noise making abeg!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by blackpanther25(m): 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
Well i don't think a girlfriend is obligated to do my chores for me when am a grown man and i can do it myself. She is not my maid. However i do enjoy it when she cooks occasionally or helps out as it shows she cares. As long as she knows how to cook and won't have a problem in marriage then am cool, after all am not just looking to marry someone just because they cook and clean. There are other factors that i consider because if that's how you determine what wife material is what if something happens to her hand and she can't cook? Then that wud mean i married her for nothing. I guess am open minded because my mom taught me how to be self sufficient. I know how to cook and can clean so i won't die if my girlfriend does not do it all the time. Just my 2cents

5 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
Truckpusher: Oh oh i see where you're going sweetheart....you should've told me that you always run around with peeps that don't have any concrete plan to settle down then i'll understand......lemme summarize it this way: You really wanna do this for a man that is serious and not 'one chop clean mouth' guy wey no get plans for both of una abi?...if it's this i agree you won but say the guy dun already propose make the next three or four months things dun set you come say you no cook for me ,they ration everything including kpomo ..i go just vex carry ur friend go court go register her after all wife na wife. grin grin grin

Once again, you're not making sense, not that I was expecting you to.
What else should I expect from an obese man who waits on his azz for a chic to come and babysit him?
Please park well somewhere.
Simple ironing you can't do. Then what are you good for as a man, talk less of as an husband?
Looks nko? Shey you atleast get am? I doubt it.
Be an independent man. Learn to care for your own needs.
You think any chic wants to be shackled with a lazy azz man whose home smells like an elephant's shooiiit?

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by eagleeye2: 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Look at question. . . .

If both of you enjoy cleaning each other's house, then go for it. But it aint one way.

Omoge, am sorry for quoting you again. But it seems that you live outside the country, if that is the case, I appreciate you view point.
Now, for young unmarried ladies in Naija, how many of you are truely living in your own house. I don't mean those who stay in an off campus accomodation and indulge in campus romance.
I mean graduates or self employed or employed ladies, living all by themselves. I mean girls I can visit at any time of the day, without anyone interogating them.
I believe those are the ones your quote addresses.
But for a girl who doesn't have her own independence and personal space, a girl who finds it more comfortable visiting me "her boyfriend" and spending time with me or even passing the weekend in my house to come up with this mentality of "I can't be seen doing house chores for my boiffy". Then I say SHE IS ON LONG THING. Cos my house is not a RELAXATION JOINT.
As I stated above, I pay for the services I need and don't expect any free lunch. But if you must tangle with me, and expect me to help you out sometimes, then you should equally help me out sometimes.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
Caracta:
lol...relax jor. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Truckpusher: hmm idowu i take God beg you no start with am grin grin grin grin
I bam jare! Na d oloshious thing dey test Bado. Omo penu Oshi! grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 7:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Ileke, abeg if na play stop am. Am i dating him and his friends? So Ewo lo Oshi? Y I would I go cleaning and cooking for his friends, Na dem dey knack me? Gal plueaseeee!!

P.s- My bofy is a grown man wiv common sense, so save d noise making abeg!

Ah c'mon na.
You fit help his friends nau.
Haba.
cheesy
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
eagle,eye:

Omoge, am sorry for quoting you again. But it seems that you live outside the country, if that is the case, I appreciate you view point.
Now, [size=18pt]for young unmarried ladies in Naija[/size], how many of you are truely living in your own house. I don't mean those who stay in an off campus accomodation and indulge in campus romance.
I mean graduates or self employed or employed ladies, living all by themselves. I mean girls I can visit at any time of the day, without anyone interogating them.
I believe those are the ones your quote addresses.
But for a girl who doesn't have her own independence and personal space, a girl who finds it more comfortable visiting me "her boyfriend" and spending time with me or even passing the weekend in my house to come up with this mentality of "I can't be seen doing house chores for my boiffy". Then I say SHE IS ON LONG THING. Cos my house is not a RELAXATION JOINT.
As I stated above, I pay for the services I need and don't expect any free lunch. But if you must tangle with me, and expect me to help you out sometimes, then you should equally help me out sometimes.

Girls in Naija, shey you hear am lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@eagle
If your gf is a live in gf, then she ought to do what she'd do if she lives in her own home. Both of you needs to contribute to the house's upkeep.

Ah ahnnnnn that's another case nau
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by freecocoa(f): 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
anitank: SMH at some of the posts coming from NL ladies. Its really sad.

@topic, i ENJOY doing chores anytime i go to my man's house because i see him as my big baby. i cook, clean, wash and arrange, sometimes i even ask him to just sit while i feed him.......yea sue me tongue
I barely let him touch anything when am around. I don't do all that because am desperate and want him to marry me immediately but becos i LOVE him and am the type that likes pampering her man.

How comfortable would a lady be in her boyfriend's place watching him cook and clean, but goes to bedroom with him, bleeps him and then go home And you expct him to take u seriously?? SMDH
So you think he's taking you seriously cos you cook, clean, iron and bathe him? Pheew!

If that guy doesn't love you eh, if you like build house for him mama all na wash.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (33) (Reply)

Approaching A Lady. / Joe Smith Discovers His Wife, Kisha Chavis, Is On Onlyfans / Dr. Laser, Nigerian Surgeon To Make Women Sexier Than Sex Dolls (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.