Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? (48110 Views)

Ladies, Would You Cook And Do House Chores For Your Bf/fiancé Before Marriage?? / If You're A Lady, Do You Like Being Called "Baby"? / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by razznaija(f): 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
Cooking, doing his laundry and cleaning his house are not going to buy a ring for me if he doesn't like me, he is going to dump me anyways, so what is the point?

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by simpleseyi: 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
True2myself24: I wouldnt do it. There's nothing wrong with helping out on the weekends with cooking, but the rest really? Playing wife is not the same as being a wife. Why buy the cow if the milk is free.

I will never buy garri without testing to know if it is Ijebu garri or Bendel garri or Ibo garri. If you cant show me your domestic skills why will I ever think of taking you home to mama becos mama too will test you. Remember girl's parents too test and investigate the guy directly or indirectly
No morally upright parents want someone like Olebode George, Tinubu, Rasheed Maina, Tony Aneni as in-law. I may not be sure of other parents but I am sure my parents dont want pen or gun robbers like Bamanga Tukur, resurrected Inpatience Jonathan, James Ibori, Gbenga Daniel as in-law. No parent will also want naked Tiwa Savage or Tonto Dick as their son's wife.

Summary: show me your skills and I will tell you who you are.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by pofolo(m): 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
now we know why enough naija girls of marriage-able age are not yet married. . .
you no fit do house chores, simple house chores ( one that always serves as an avenue of highway to a right thinking guys heart ), but you are good at bis, brazilian hair, and club chores.... your time for cry of heartbreak na coming soon.
you know what a typical regular guy checks in serious girls. . .
neat
friendly
courteous
respectful
comtempted
good cook
house keeper ( home maker )
one who does the right things without been told ( it shows proper home training and up bringing )...

if you like no do am, when time to choose 1 out of the many he get for him hand....... you have played yourself out of the equation.
dont be fooled, guys appreciate a helpful girlfriend that does house chores, especially without been told, tho not an obligation.......................that might just be the yard stick he is looking out for.
come to think of it, you have nothing to lose here, its part of your training and personal development.....

and if it still continues after marriage, i no wan hear you cry say ekaette get belle for your husband oooooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
razznaija: Cooking, doing his laundry and cleaning his house are not going to buy a ring for me if he doesn't like me, he is going to dump me anyways, so what is the point?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by CeCeBillz(f): 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
Well I do that for my bf 2timex a week n I get paid month end! Cool business loool

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by bukatyne(f): 5:15pm On Feb 20, 2013
dammytosh:

My dear, God bless you. You don't enjoy a relationship through principle. There should be a place of you shifting ground and that is called love.

If you have this guy who can stake his life for you. Defends you. You know how unsafe you feel without him being around. there is a problem, all you need is just for your baby to say , "It is well." Tell me what is too much ?

Please don't follow all this anonymous users that scream God Forbid. I know their type. The last girl that claimed she will never play with a guy with her penny confessed to me that her ex-boyfriend is oweing her 1.9million after they broke up.

Follow your heart. If he is worth it, u know.
My dear, only a foolish person would read something on Nl and would want to practice it in Real Land when what you have is working for you. No two relationships is the same and we must both be ready to sacrifice to make it work. I remember when I was in 300L, a friend told me I was behaving like a married woman following my guy about. She said I don't have freedom to do what I like or go about. i don't accept dates from other guys etc. I just looked at her and smiled. I know where I am going to, the kind of guy I want etc and don't need to be distracted. I don't subscribe to her idea of fun : wearing mini skirts to parties, jumping from man to man etc. and I rather behave like a married woman to a humble man who pampers, honors and respects me than be a 'big' girl hopping about.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 5:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
Freecocoa bought up a good point.

For all the desperate girls playing slave for their boffy,Mehta makes you think he's going to put a wrong on it? grin lmao.

If a man really wants to determine if you're wifey material, let him spend some time at your home. Let him see how you manage YOUR home. Going to his house to "perform" is unnecessary if all he wants to determine if your ability; if you're able.

Don't let these lazy azz Nigerian men, who are spoilt by gender expectations, to determine your value based on how much work you do n his home. Lol

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by buchibabe: 5:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
bukatyne: @OP: Dammytosh made a very worthy point: The question is not if it's right or wrong; The question is 'Is he worth it?' Before I met my fiancee, I don't do house chores for guys as a principle. However, when we started, there was nothing he couldn't do for me domestically and in every way. I was open to change and I did everything worth doing for him to. Naturally, we do all chores together because it's so much fun. When I wanted to relocate b'cos of my job, he looked for the house, cleaned it and we scrubed it together. He would soon get his apartment and I would be more than glad to do those chores. While we
were serving, he always cooked elaborately when I was coming and reciprocated the gesture. Love is about sharing and putting each other's needs above ours. So the question really is: 'Is your guy worth it?'

My dear,u hv made more point dan evryone here put togeda. Most of dis babes claiming to do heaven n earth in d name of doing house chores,how sure are we dt u really do dem abi ur just claiming superwoman.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
Na wa o. Firstly it is not a girlfriends job to cook and clean after a man. If he can't do it himself then he should get a maid to do that for him or in fact marry her then he can get a personal cook/cleaner 24/7. I think it is ok helping your man out as it is something that is nice to do but he should not expect that just because i am his gf i have to wash his clothes etc. Personally, I don't mind cooking whenever am with my bf because i enjoy cooking but am lucky that i don't have a lazy man. He does not expect me to clean after himself( am not his mom) as he does it himself and even when cooking he helps with dishes. If you want your girlfriend to act like a wife then make her your wife.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
Agreed
buchibabe:

My dear,u hv made more point dan evryone here put togeda.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: Freecocoa bought up a good point.

For all the desperate girls playing solve for their boffy,Mehta makes you think he's going to put a wrong on it? grin lmao.

If a man really wants to determine if you're wifey material, let him spend some time at your home. Let him see how you manage YOUR home. Going to his house to "perform" is unnecessary if all he wants to determine if your ability; if you're able.

Don't let these lazy azz Nigerian men, who are spoilt by gender expectations, to determine your value based on how much work you do n his home. Lol
If u are doing so called "chores" @ home, wots d big deal doing d same thing @ his? Does it necessarily mean u his housekeeper? It's something you should do naturally, it shud only become a problem if ur bofy starts dictating.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by dammytosh: 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
bukatyne: My dear, only a foolish person would read something on Nl and would want to practice it in Real Land when what you have is working for you. No two relationships is the same and we must both be ready to sacrifice to make it work. I remember when I was in 300L, a friend told me I was behaving like a married woman following my guy about. She said I don't have freedom to do what I like or go about. i don't accept dates from other guys etc. I just looked at her and smiled. I know where I am going to, the kind of guy I want etc and don't need to be distracted. I don't subscribe to her idea of fun : wearing mini skirts to parties, jumping from man to man etc. and I rather behave like a married woman to a humble man who pampers, honors and respects me than be a 'big' girl hopping about.

The bolded sums it up. I rest my case.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by eagleeye2: 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: Freecocoa bought up a good point.

For all the desperate girls playing solve for their boffy,Mehta makes you think he's going to put a wrong on it? grin lmao.

ALL THOSE GUYS GOING ABOUT SPENDING AND DOING HUSBANDLY THINGS FOR THEIR BABES, i sorry for una.
IF YOU THINK IT WILL STOP THEM FROM BED HOPPING AND LEAVING YOUR BROKE AZZ IT WON'T.
If a girl wants to know how GENEROUS and CAPABLE YOU ARE AS A MAN, let her watch how you spend for your mum and siblings and how your home is equipped with modern gadgets and how baffed up you are.

I really love meeting Agarachas and show casing just how selfish I can be.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 5:35pm On Feb 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
If u are doing so called "chores" @ home, wots d big deal doing d same thing @ his? Does it necessarily mean u his housekeeper? It's something you should do naturally, it shud only become a problem if ur bofy starts dictating.

Yet not doing the chores at his home has a negative impact on my wifey material. So think about it.
If its not much of an issue, threads like this wont sprint up.

The question that no one has yet to answer is what does man do to reciprocate the so called wifey material.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
buchibabe:

My dear,u hv made more point dan evryone here put togeda. Most of dis babes claiming to do heaven n earth in d name of doing house chores,how sure are we dt u really do dem abi ur just claiming superwoman.
Bukky no offence o! but i gats tuck dis babe.

Madam buchi, how you so sure buki ain't bluffing? Oh I gerrit! I probably should have written 6 pages worth of examples to convince you d nobody dat I do it all ba? Msteew! Don't u go indirectly pointing ya damn fingers at pips u don't physically know.Ok?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2013
eagle,eye:

ALL THOSE GUYS GOING ABOUT SPENDING AND DOING HUSBANDLY THINGS FOR THEIR BABES, i sorry for una.
IF YOU THINK IT WILL STOP THEM FROM BED HOPPING AND LEAVING YOUR BROKE AZZ IT WON'T.
If a girl wants to know how GENEROUS and CAPABLE YOU ARE AS A MAN, let her watch how you spend for your mum and siblings and how your home is equipped with modern gadgets and how baffed up you are.

I really love meeting Agarachas and show casing just how selfish I can be.

Makes sense. Do that.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Yet not doing the chores at his home has a negative impact on my wifey material. So think about it.
If its not much of an issue, threads like this wont sprint material.
It's an issue to dose dat see d norm as slavery.

Yoruba_Omoge:

The question that no one has yet to answer is what does man do to reciprocate the so called wifey material.

Again, dats another topic entirely.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by buchibabe: 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Bukky no offence o! but i gats tuck dis babe.

Madam buchi, how you so sure buki ain't bluffing? Oh I gerrit! I probably should have written 6 pages worth of examples to convince you d nobody dat I do it all ba? Msteew! Don't u go indirectly pointing ya damn fingers at pips u don't physically know.Ok?

Madam dry cleaner,y d response? Do I sense guilty conscience u can even clean d roof top of ur guys house,who's biz is it?
I won't reply u further,cos its not worth it.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by ConfidentVee(f): 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
Guys are just too lazy, they want cooked food all the time. No food for LAZY MAN. Do house chores if u can ST*P*D, Always looking for who to take the blame.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2013
you guys are still on the matter?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by eagleeye2: 5:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Makes sense. Do that.

Na why I like your type. I get one babe like that b4 - b4, the only thing we do whenever we meet na to fuc,k our brains out.
I pay as I Bleep. She does the same. If she needs my help on anything, she go holla me on phone and I go just come do am sharpaly. After the assignment na to drive go house for fuckery.

It was only when she started demanding more than the normal wages for fuckery that I decided to move on.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
buchibabe:

Madam dry cleaner,y d response? Do I sense guilty conscience u can even clean d roof top of ur guys house,who's biz is it?
I won't reply u further,cos its not worth it.
Guilty conscience? Smh.. U deluded I swear. Jog on!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
ConfidentVee: Guys are just too lazy, they want cooked food all the time. No food for LAZY MAN. Do house chores if u can STUPID Always looking for who to take the blame.
Blame it on the culture...where it is inculcated into the guys that it is solely the woman's duty to cook and clean.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by YorubaOmoge: 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2013
Can you imagine, me that should be doing my own laundry at home, is expected to be washing one boys dirty laundry. Mtchewwww cool

I came to his house to spend quality time together, not to do no wifey material nonsense that like many societal construct, defines womanhood.

If I have that grown azz puzziii, I no be woman again? Let me hear word.

If he cooks for me, we can do the dishes together nauuuuuu. Na who go stay with a lazyyy man with no wifey material sef.

My boffy must have the wifey material because no one wants to marry a lazy, dirty, resourceless man.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by eagleeye2: 5:48pm On Feb 20, 2013
ConfidentVee: Guys are just too lazy, they want cooked food all the time. No food for LAZY MAN. Do house chores if u can ST*P*D, Always looking for who to take the blame.

Girls are too greedy, they only want to feed off a hussling dude. NO PLACE FOR A GREEDY biatch.
Show that you care or else go meet ya papa and brothers for stuffs.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2013
eagle,eye:

Girls are too greedy, they only want to feed off a hussling dude. NO PLACE FOR A GREEDY biatch.
abegi...which kain useless generalization be this? if girls are greedy, then your sister and your mother are included...

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by eagleeye2: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

I came to his house to spend quality time together.

bebe, I go like to meet you. You are a reasonable girl I tell ya.
I just hope you wouldn't want to extend our future relationship into something else.
I want to really spend that QUALITY time with you.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by dammytosh: 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
eagle,eye:

There is a place for greedy Biatch oooo. They get laid several times until the responsible girl come.

You come, u get laid , u gist, u go. continue the cycle until u expire.........
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Truckpusher(m): 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
igbo_barbie: Na wa o. Firstly it is not a girlfriends job to cook and clean after a man. If he can't do it himself then he should get a maid to do that for him or in fact marry her then he can get a personal cook/cleaner 24/7. I think it is ok helping your man out as it is something that is nice to do but he should not expect that just because i am his gf i have to wash his clothes etc. Personally, I don't mind cooking whenever am with my bf because i enjoy cooking but am lucky that i don't have a lazy man. He does not expect me to clean after himself( am not his mom) as he does it himself and even when cooking he helps with dishes. If you want your girlfriend to act like a wife then make her your wife.
Impressive....but you also expect this same guy to foot some of your bills? grin grin grin grin grin aren't you guys suppose to be helping each other?...me thought it was called 'having a relationship'
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by eagleeye2: 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
ItsModella:
abegi...which kain useless generalization be this? if girls are greedy, then your sister and your mother are included...

babes why the ATTACK naw. Did I strike a raw nerve, eeyah.
Am sorry for including you in this so called GENERALIZATION. But try and read what the Lady I quoted wrote.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
lol i can foot my own bills thank you, i have a job and it's not his duty to do so.
Truckpusher: Impressive....but you also expect this same guy to foot some of your bills? grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (33) (Reply)

7 Things To Do If Your Nude Pictures Have Gone Viral - Jumia Travel / At 25 If You Still Do These 14 Things, You May Die A Wretched Pensioner / Yes! I Told Him Openly That I Like It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.