Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? (25020 Views)

Maybe Am Naive And Obsess / Am Confused With Marriage. Pls, Help!!! / Gold Diggers Are Driving Me Crazy With Marriage Proposals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by sanya404(m): 12:06am On Mar 31, 2013
Ok now let us start cursin dis bastard of a girl. Ni Oruko orunmila you will Neva get married till you die.. If you Eva av a relationship, I pray your boyfriend strangle and kill you so we all nairalanders can come and s.h.it on ur grave.. Orunmila o gbo oo adura gba oo
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Gloriagee(f): 3:26am On Mar 31, 2013
Now, this is so harsh n uncalled for. How can you harbour so much hatred for some1 u've never met n may never meet? I also pray that her bf /hussy never strangles her IJN. Peace folks:*
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Gloriagee(f): 4:06am On Mar 31, 2013
The reason why a number of Nigerian females are obsessed with marriage would be the fact that while growing up they were taught either by words or observation that advanced women (30+) irrespective of how successful their careers were incomplete n worthy of pity. It was either she was wayward n had burnt out her youth, had spiritual issues or was plain bad mannered.

For some of the guys, this 'obsession' may be conceived if he was taught that domestic chores are for females - mum n sis sweeping, cooking n mayb his laundry. He might grudgingly undertake this tasks while a corper/ job hunting but would definitely be hopin to hammer so Miss desperado can show her wifey-material skills n by inference take over her roles.

Y'all shd giv Ms Adabeke a break, ejoo. I'm not saying her intellectual prowess is top notch/ not but sometimes, we just need a break from corporate, formal lingo, abeg

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by obowunmi(m): 8:40am On Mar 31, 2013
uc nduka: I think the reason why Nigerians are obessed with marriage is this, for a long time marriage was relatively the only instituition that was working in Nigeria until recently when it started failing. Many Nigerians believe marriage is the cure to alot of issues e.g. If as a young girl you don't have a job yet,u are advised to get married to solve your economic problem; if you are depressed, you are told to get married cos you'll be happy somehow;if there's a wayward brother or uncle in d family,he his advised to get married so that he can change his ways; infact if you are a christain that its unserious with church,it is believed that when u get married u'ld become serious...yes,in Nigeria, marriage is d answer to every young person's problem thats why they are obsessed with it.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 8:44am On Mar 31, 2013
lmaoooo... ndi ahu na fu ya fugbo ha grin grin grin grin
come rain come shine this topic still stands. for those who disagree but can't express their feelings like a normal human, well i am sorry i am not a psychologist i can't help you with what ever it is you are going through. If you like curse me from now to tommorrow how i feel about this topic or why i created it remains the same.

ms.gloriagee biko who has a top notch "intellectual prowess"? Would you say those here yelling like it's their last time to live or... smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by obowunmi(m): 8:51am On Mar 31, 2013
speak English, this is not the igbo thread. angry angry
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 8:59am On Mar 31, 2013
obowunmi: speak English, this is not the igbo thread. angry angry

this is my thread... what about those speaking their languages on my thread. God forgive nigerians with the mindset of some of the posters on this thread.
self destruct i tell ya.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 9:01am On Mar 31, 2013
sanya404: Ok now let us start cursin dis bastard of a girl. Ni Oruko orunmila you will Neva get married till you die.. If you Eva av a relationship, I pray your boyfriend strangle and kill you so we all nairalanders can come and s.h.it on ur grave.. Orunmila o gbo oo adura gba oo

lmao.. sadistic to the fullest. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2013
[quote author=Pataki][/quote]

nna all for one pesin. Bobo toh bad oh. is your ego feeling better? Do you feel more accomplished? you definitly need some TLC. Are you getting any at home? you sound like an endangerment to yourself. DO YOU NEED A HUG? I see you love being a pessimist but surely that can't be good for anyone. You make nigerian men look bad darling, and i am not saying this to insult you. I don't have the strength to babysit a grown man or try to tell him what is right or wrong, that is what your parents is for... not my thread. But then if your already grown with this mindset it will take more than camping at mountain of fire to help you. You have to ask JESUS for help. While your at it i can give you a warm hug suga i don't bite wink wink wink wink wink

feeling really breezy today, just came home from partying like a rockstar.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by obowunmi(m): 9:32am On Mar 31, 2013
idontgiveafuck:

this is my thread... what about those speaking their languages on my thread. God forgive nigerians with the mindset of some of the posters on this thread.
self destruct i tell ya.

watch your tone. Hope you'are not drunk angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by slimyem: 11:31am On Mar 31, 2013
fellis: ^ This person sounds like calloti....... lipsrsealed
This is an insult to Calloti.
She doesn't even come close.undecided

This thread...and those Pataki's comments.. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Pataki: 2:42pm On Mar 31, 2013
slimyem: This is an insult to Calloti.

tongue tongue

Happy Easter to you as well!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Pataki: 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2013
Lord_Reed: @Pataki
I think its about time you stop expending energy on this thread, the OP has been told off sufficiently. Let's see if she can learn a thing or two.

Aiight man!

idontgiveafuck:

nna all for one pesin. Bobo toh bad oh. is your ego feeling better? Do you feel more accomplished? you definitly need some TLC. Are you getting any at home? you sound like an endangerment to yourself. DO YOU NEED A HUG? I see you love being a pessimist but surely that can't be good for anyone. You make nigerian men look bad darling, and i am not saying this to insult you. I don't have the strength to babysit a grown man or try to tell him what is right or wrong, that is what your parents is for... not my thread. But then if your already grown with this mindset it will take more than camping at mountain of fire to help you. You have to ask JESUS for help. While your at it i can give you a warm hug suga i don't bite wink wink wink wink wink

feeling really breezy today, just came home from partying like a rockstar.

Oh sod off you nauseating scallywag! Your English writing is an eyesore and your thought process is a disgrace to the beauty and wit women world over possess.

So you know the role parents play in raising a functional child into the society, and yet you foolishly started this thread to malign the sanctity of marriage?! You are most definitely a bad product from a dysfunctional home.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2013

Where calloti go hide sef? E don tey wen I see that mad woman.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2013

ahu fu na egbu ndi mmadu oh. be careful
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2013
Pataki:

Aiight man!

Oh sod off you nauseating scallywag! Your English writing is an eyesore and your thought process is a disgrace to the beauty and wit women world over possess.

So you know the role parents play in raising a functional child into the society, and yet you foolishly started this thread to malign the sanctity of marriage?! You are most definitely a bad product from a dysfunctional home.

you are sick and you clearly need help. exchanging words with you wouldn't help you one bit. If men attacking women is how you like to show your masculinity that shows me how small you are. you and your supporters can yell, curse, scream even kill yourself over this thread, the fact is it still stands. i'm pretty sure in real life you wouldn't vomit this nonsense in my presence. At the closest view of me you will bow. I never start trouble i finish it. i'm not going to keep repeating myself... you are clearly a sadist. Men who try to get my attention the way that you did are a disgrace.keep showing people how miserable your life is.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 6:21pm On Mar 31, 2013
Pataki:

Aiight man!

the fact that you are still here means you LOVE IT. If you detested it that much you would leave, but it is okay you just can't get enough of ADA. I DO NOT WANT YOU!!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by slimyem: 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2013
idontgiveafuck:

ahu fu na egbu ndi mmadu oh. be careful
Who is this thing telling me "be careful"?
You mad or something?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by ifyalways(f): 6:37pm On Mar 31, 2013
This thread na real Ojigbijigbi cheesy
Ada,biko its OK.Please,let it go.The thread has served its purpose.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by obowunmi(m): 8:46pm On Mar 31, 2013
slimyem: Who is this thing telling me "be careful"?
You mad or something?

Ada, abeg leave my baby slimyem alone ooo... may God bless you as you do.

Pataki, leave this babe na grin grin grin grin

Ada nna, don't raise your blood pressure over simple matters - take it easy.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 9:15pm On Mar 31, 2013
obowunmi:

Ada, abeg leave my baby slimyem alone ooo... may God bless you as you do.

Ada nna, don't raise your blood pressure over simple matters - take it easy.

A man is your baby
Most of these phonies should thank God that this isnt real life. Those who really think they are internet monsters. I"ll get their shitt chopped of for 50 cents... That"s how thirsty nigazz are out here. Your slimyem seem to be the type that cant fight for himself but would jump into a fight that is like 5 against one. But when you catch him by himself he starts shitting in his pants. THANK GOD SEUN
CREATED NAIRALAND WHAT WOULD THESE MORONS DO WITHOUT HIM??
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 9:56pm On Mar 31, 2013
ifyalways: This thread na real Ojigbijigbi cheesy
Ada,biko its OK.Please,let it go.The thread has served its purpose.

Nne anulam. But ima nda ne we mmadu iwe nno. M just norowem, o nwero onye m nyere mpari. Ndi ofemalu likiri threadia, lekwa ka ha si juru eba. Juo ha gini na fu ha ofu? Owu maka ha ma I dere nwanyi ofu. As in ha ma ihe ilu nwanyi meaniri or the sanctity of marriage. Owu ihe kpatara mpari nda.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 12:14am On Apr 01, 2013
Mayflowa:

Ilikey

lol.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 12:19am On Apr 01, 2013
KenGali:
Nna, asi na a na agba ngada were a pi nri dimkpa!
Keep trying, the chick fine, no be small at all! mana Obasi bi na igwe ga eme ebere ka m nye goal tupu iteta na ula!

i am short of words wink wink
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 12:23am On Apr 01, 2013
KenGali:

Nneoma keduzi kwanu ka i ga esi tuharia from Adabekee jebe I dontgiveafuck.
I mana o bu Najiria ka anyi si, o nwere ndi amachaghi ihe!
Biko mee afa gi Adabekee2 ka ya na mama gi were jikoro aka na eje na udo.

lol ok nnam anulam... nda nwere nsogbu ri ahu. ha na echi echiche mo tu mo tu.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 12:40am On Apr 01, 2013
KenGali: (Clears throat!) back to business!
Ada this thing you said is so true!
The girls get under such pressure that when they are close to thirty their worlds begin to crumble!
I keep wondering if its not better for a lady to stay single than rush into marriage with a dumb ass man that will make the rest of your life miserable.
In Nigeria getting married is one kind big achievement o!

***********************************************************************************
Baby on the other hand smiley
Hope you are not yet married?
Ada nke gi, o bu Adaobi, Adamma, Adanna, Adanne, Adaure ka obu Adaora.
Hope not Adaora, ever since one tried to quench my heart back in school, I swore never to go chasing any Adaora.
So?

ihe ikwuru maka ndi nigeria bu eziokwu. Ilu di na nwanyi buru ihe di mkpa. kama ha ga ne che ihe ha ga me so that ha ga na ga n'ihu, ha na eche marriage. ok marriage oburu nsogbu mana i makie ya to work ka nku. ndi obodo anyi na ga nime marriage unprepared. nna ike gwurum egwu.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Pataki: 12:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
obowunmi:

Babe or you rather meant GOAT? cheesy

Imagine the demented goat saying: 'I don't want you' grin

Arindin ara galatia feeling funky. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 9:57pm On Apr 01, 2013
Pataki:

Babe or you rather meant GOAT? cheesy

Imagine the demented goat saying: 'I don't want you' grin

Arindin ara galatia feeling funky. undecided

you already proved how stupidd you are. look at mr smart azz saying aight... awww you try to be cool with the little chance you get right? I rather be a goat than be the shittt that comes out from peoples' anus. You have proved that you are worthless. And like i said before i do not want you. God forbid bad thing... you are worst than an osu. I see you love coming back to page, please do not get addicted because you make me vomit lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by Mayflowa(m): 11:20pm On Apr 01, 2013
@ Pataki

You should know when to stop. You can't keep attacking someone/woman like that. Ada had even try to hand you an olive branch but you keep dissing her. Not the way to go mannnn! It is not compulsory you must be top-notch(whatever that stand for)educated to create a thread on a public forum.

@ Ada

I understand you. You are a strong woman.I know you are not critique of marriage institution but you wonder why people do the wields for marriage which may not last! And I share your bitterness over it kiss

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by stylesco: 11:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by stylesco: 11:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
@pataki

With your 'top notch' and 'prestine' education you don't know when to stop

It doesn't speak so well of you.
And don't forget she's a woman.
I'm sure you where thought how to respect women.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsess With Marriage Sef? by idontgiveafuck(f): 3:38am On Apr 02, 2013
style$co:
@pataki

With your 'top notch' and 'prestine' education you don't know when to stop

It doesn't speak so well of you.
And don't forget she's a woman.
I'm sure you where thought how to respect women.

I doubt it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19)

Lady Sues Her Father For Delaying Her Marriage To The 'love Of Her Life' / Cussons Baby Moment: Parents Accuse Organisers Of Favouritism And Exploitation / My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.