Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,258 members, 7,849,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:50 AM

Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? (22870 Views)

Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? / Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? / Anointing Oil Used By Some Churches: Wrong Or Right. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by SELFWORTH: 7:06pm On Feb 21, 2013
ceewai lebi: I did pregnancy test a day to my wedding,i was directed to a particular lab-so no fake result;plus i was told that d-test result was to be collected by my Rev's wife.She later called my mum in the evening to tell her congrats.Baptist nor dey take d test play@all.

The only people who would find the request offensive are those who have slept with every man on block.

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by scarred: 8:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
I tell you this and I tell you the truth, all this is ritualistic nonsense and it is unfortunate that dogma and doctrine is often mistaken for truth. We should take care that in seeming wise we do not render the word of God ineffectual. If this practice does indeed happen, then it is an extreme overreaching on the part of that Church and should be denounced.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by lacidi: 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2013
SELFWORTH:

The only people who would find the request offensive are those who have slept with every man on block.
The hypocrisy in your post made you to forget that all you need is to sleep with 1 man and not every man on the block, for you to get pregnant. Can you honestly say you are a virgin? Can you swear you did not have sex with your finacee b4 marriage? Hypocrites.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by Oluwaadajo(m): 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
lacidi:
The hypocrisy in your post made you to forget that all you need is to sleep with 1 man and not every man on the block, for you to get pregnant. Can you honestly say you are a virgin? Can you swear you did not have sex with your finacee b4 marriage? Hypocrites.

Your ignorance seemed to have helped you to miss the point of Chastity.

It’s not about pregnancy but about holiness which I guess is a Greek word to many people like you.

It doesn’t matter how many men you sleep with. It’s about not going to church and trying to deceive the priests that you are holy when you know you are not. You can deceive yourself but not God. Why deceive innocent people too?

Niger people . They love sin soo much.

please what is a "finacee" . Keep sinning and expect the Grace of God to abound in your life. It won’t happen.

There is no controversy with this issue. It’s simple. Take you pregnancy to another place and get married in your "white dress". There are many alternatives if you are turned down by a church that has high moral standards that people like you struggle to cope with.

dammytosh:
The last time i checked marriage in the bible, it is a union between A MAN and A WOMAN.Not a Man , A woman and Her baby.

If you can not abide, look for another church that will allow you marry with 9 months pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by Mutaino7(m): 9:38pm On Feb 21, 2013
some people made mention of mary the mother of Jesus. *knuckle heads* get this in ur skulls mary was visited by the holy spirit and when her spouse Joseph discovered, he had the intention of putting her away quietly until he was told otherwise by God's angel. I think most of this pretenders should study the bible more before opening their canal. Even d old local tradition frowns at pre-intimacy.

2 Likes

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by Oluwaadajo(m): 9:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mutaino7: some people made mention of mary the mother of Jesus. *knuckle heads* get this in ur skulls mary was visited by the holy spirit and when her spouse Joseph discovered, he had the intention of putting her away quietly until he was told otherwise by God's angel. I think most of this pretenders should study the bible more before opening their canal. Even d old local tradition frowns at pre-intimacy.

A lot of them do NOT know God.

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by chiteny(m): 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
SELFWORTH:

Your point?

"Marriage bed" as referred to in that verse is the bed after marriage and not before marriage. It actually exists after marriage is done.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by scarred: 10:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
I can't believe that this is being discussed, the Church should not do it. On whose behalf are they doing it. It can't be God. This practice is so beyond the pale, it hardly merits discourse. Would it not have been interesting if Josephs marriage to Mary was subjected to this...things happen. We are human beings, we are not perfect....
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by SELFWORTH: 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
lacidi:

[size=14pt]You are calling me a hypocrite even though you are the one sleeping around and still want to get married in church . How can anyone respect you when you don't respect yourself enough to keep your body from sin[/size]?

To answer your question, I have not been intimate with a "financee" as I do not know what it is.

You are obviously intellectually and spiritually challenged so what can I say to you except ask you accept salvation FULLY not partially.

There are benefits in this policy:

It will reduce immorality
It will save lives (no more dodgy abortions)
It will reduce sexually transmitted diseases

Of course many ignorant people will not understand this.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
scarred: I can't believe that this is being discussed, the Church should not do it. On whose behalf are they doing it. It can't be God. This practice is so beyond the pale, it hardly merits discourse. Would it not have been interesting if Josephs marriage to Mary was subjected to this...things happen. We are human beings, we are not perfect....
you think so? Look @ what paul the apostle told the church in ephesus "have nothing to do with fruitless works of darkness but rather expose them"(eph 5:11).also read what he told the corinthians church in 1cor 5. Especially 11. "But now i am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a BROTHER but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do NOT EVEN EAT.

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by tete7000(m): 12:10am On Feb 22, 2013
[quote author=SELFWORTH]

I worked it out very quickly that :

1. You cannot be Christian. You are someone who thinks you are a Christian but your ways contradicts the bible.

2. You have engaged in sex before marriage and the way you were treated by the church is causing you to hold a lot of bitterness in your heart.

3. A Christian who makes excuses for sinning and lie to yourself that God is merciful so becos of that you can sin all you like.[quote]
Unfortunately for you, all your three deductions about me are totally false. I don't condole immorality and my standard of life are very high and I m a very good christian whose life bear testimony to it. For all of you shouting here have read where Jesus said this: it was oce said that thou should not commit adultery but I tell you most solemnly anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has committed adultery in his mind. If I may ask how many of you can claim to have at all times fulfil this law? You people just always want to proclaim urself holy without taking note of the story of two men Jesus told entered the temple to pray. One a tax collector, the other a pharisee. While the tax collector admitted to being a sinner, the pharisee in his arrogance look down on tax collector and justified his righteousness before God. Jesus made us understand the pharisee went condemned while the tax collector went home justified. Moral of my story is that all of you laying claim to righteousness to condemn others are like that pharisee. No man, I repeat no man has any right to condemn another for no one can claim he has fulfil all the requirements of the law and whoever breaks one of the law breaks the entire law. If this be the case not only who are pregnant should be excommunicated but even those who lust, those who lied, those who stole, etc. In this era we live by grace and not law. It was becos no man can fulfil the law that Christ came. He came not to condemn any but to forgive those who are willingly to repent. Read ur scripture very well and you ll undrstand that those who judge shall be jugded and the same measure with which a man measures unto others,same it shall be measure unto them. If you don't allow people to wed, is it so that they can continue living in sin forever and die in their sin? What a reprehensible doctrine from the pit of hell!!! Truth stings but liberates. I can never attend a church that seeks to deride others because of their past for only God has the perogative to judge.

2 Likes

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by tete7000(m): 12:25am On Feb 22, 2013
mathewalab:

It appears to me that you dont understand God through His word you seems to quote out of context neither will you understand His (God) act even at reality.

Please I like you to understand detail of the word of God on issues being discuss and connect the the works of salvation that Master Jesus Christ did for mankind.

First of most, No doubt about God wishes that all sinners be repented and save for them to live with Him in peace BUT can we continue in sin and expect grace to be abound - "NO WAY" the standard of the word of God is sure and anybody that come closer will be save.

Let me ask you - do you termed the act of coming before the whole congregation for wedding terms to the public repentance - certainly NOT AT ALL. Please think deeply about the issue on discussion.

Get this properly, we are not talking outside church, the issue affect CHRISTIANS and not any other fellow outside the church - probably you need interpretation of what christain is all about. You either be one or NOT - A marriage programme is not an hour decision; and for you to be a christain - you must have been going to church services regulary: that is even a spirit of God filled church not common one that filled everywhere now, and again marriage is not for baby but ADULT, how then do you say a mature adult christain did not undertand that its unbiblical to engage in sex before marriage? Because they are not strange to the church teaching or even personal Bible study will expose you to the truth of the word of God --- listen carefully, am not God nor an Angel but this is the position of the word of God.

See, God can not lower His standard either you like it or not. Again you made mentioned of Jesus Christ decision about the woman caught in the act of adultereous - listen carefully, whenever you read Bible, dont jump into conclusion on ordinary alphabetical letters expressed BUT ask why this happened like this; and you know what, we have a great teacher (HOLY SPIRIT) to guide. Jesus Christ did not approve the adultreous act but He chooses to condemn hypocritical acts of Pharieses and Temple scribes.

It is my appeal to you to embrace full salvation and live for God, this no be joke ooooooooooooooooo because that is the only condition to make heaven and reign with Him in the kingdom to come.

God bless you in abundance.

And you can't see an analogy/parralel between a law that requires a woman to die because of adultery and one that says people should be denied marriage because of fornication? May God open you spiritually blind eye. Amen.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by tete7000(m): 12:29am On Feb 22, 2013
SELFWORTH:

This is absolute nonsense .

Please what church do you attend?

What bible do you guys study in your church?
fault me with valid argument before I reply you question. Take the point I raise one by one. Your method is nonsensical and arrogant.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by tete7000(m): 12:41am On Feb 22, 2013
Miss Ope:

Yes my friend attends Winners chapel,, last year, her wedding was cancelled after it was discovered that she engaged in premarital sex before the D -Day.... We all proceeded to the reception to celebrate the unjoined couples but together she's blessed wt a baby boy.
And their church is happy now that they live together as couple without legitimately married? They too continue to attend a church that gives no hoot about their spiritual wellbbeing? If any of them should die in their current state, they are in grave danger.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by tete7000(m): 12:51am On Feb 22, 2013
Many people think fornication and adultery is about sleeping together. How wrong they are, anyone who lusts commit immorality in their hearts. Jesus demands purity of heart because every action emanates from the heart. How do you catch someone who fonicates by lusting so as to stop them from wedding?
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 22, 2013
tete7000: Many people think fornication and adultery is about sleeping together. How wrong they are, anyone who lusts commit immorality in their hearts. Jesus demands purity of heart because every action emanates from the heart. How do you catch someone who fonicates by lusting so as to stop them from wedding?
it starts from the heart but you have to carry it out to a logical conclusion in the flesh before you can call it a sin. Look @ this scripture: " but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin when it is full grown, gives birth to death.(james 1:14-15). In other words TEMPTATION IS NOT A SIN.

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by MacDaddy01: 1:27am On Feb 22, 2013
Logicboy03: [size=18pt]To all the fools supporting this;

How does this test catch a man that was cheating on his fiance and impregnated another woman? HMM?

How does this test catch a couple who had se.x minutes before the test?

Fake churches, fake doctrines, fake rules, foolish pregnancy tests[/size]
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by patroccini: 7:24am On Feb 22, 2013
eldoradoxx: As human beings we only punish for known sins by prohibiting then from wedding in church, God punishes the unknown sins like abortion etc . After the lady puts to bed n if they wish, they can come forth and dedicate their home before God after confessing to fornication, but for them to be joined together with ring and all marriage rites, NO way. Infact why do they want to conduct marriage rite over a marriage that has been consummated already? Who says that repentance takes away the consequences of sin? Yes, you have repented and God has forgiven your sins, but the natural order of things must follow, you reap whar you sow. A man gets reckless in early life, drinks and smokes and sleeps around, he later repents but that does not take away the fact that his liver and kidney are packing up, or that he has Aids!!! So allowing people to wed with lady's protruding tummy on the ground of forgiveness by God can only give people more room to engage in it. Like I said earlier even in our core traditions as Africans, pre marital sex or pregnancy outside marriage was/is a taboo let alone christendom.

But is it the function of Man to punish him or God .And remember Mary was pregnant before the marriage rite finished and she was pregnard for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by chiteny(m): 7:57am On Feb 22, 2013
[quote author=MacDaddy01][/quote]
Add this, How does the test catch a couple making love every second with condom one month before the wedding?
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by ijawkid(m): 8:40am On Feb 22, 2013
chiteny:
Add this, How does the test catch a couple making love every second with condom one month before the wedding?

This is exactly what I've been asking..........is pregnancy suppose to be the main focus or fornication...??..........
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by bukatyne(f): 9:05am On Feb 22, 2013
Oluwaadajo:

Your ignorance seemed to have helped you to miss the point of Chastity.

It’s not about pregnancy but about holiness which I guess is a Greek word to many people like you.

It doesn’t matter how many men you sleep with. It’s about not going to church and trying to deceive the priests that you are holy when you know you are not. You can deceive yourself but not God. Why deceive innocent people too?

Niger people . They love sin soo much

please what is a "finacee" . Keep sinning and expect the Grace of God to abound in your life. It won’t happen.

There is no controversy with this issue. It’s simple. Take you pregnancy to another place and get married in your "white dress". There are many alternatives if you are turned down by a church that has high moral standards that people like you struggle to cope with.

I guess a woman pregnants herself. Naija people are filled with sin and Hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by tete7000(m): 9:39am On Feb 22, 2013
Bidam: it starts from the heart but you have to carry it out to a logical conclusion in the flesh before you can call it a sin. Look @ this scripture: " but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin when it is full grown, gives birth to death.(james 1:14-15). In other words TEMPTATION IS NOT A SIN.
read Matthew 5:27 and if you can the entire chapter for further enlightement. For sure you can't know more than Jesus Christ.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by Mutaino7(m): 9:44am On Feb 22, 2013
ijawkid:

This is exactly what I've been asking..........is pregnancy suppose to be the main focus or fornication...??..........
guy you fall my hand. Ok let me ask you some questions from the bible. If you must know a bible believing church do stress on abstinence but in order not to encroach too much into ones private live pregnancy test and medical reports are being required of the couples.
1. Did God not know b4 hand that Cain killed Abel. Y was he asking for abel knowing he was dead already.
2. Jacob deceive Isaac to get his brother blessing. Even though isaac recognized jacob voice he still went aheard to bless him.
Note dat humans can decieve themselves but they cant decieve the holy spirit. We modern day christians are just being saved by grace cos if it were to be in the early years most of us would have been struck dead. Human standard are being placed so as to allow some decency. Finally God standard still stands.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by chiteny(m): 11:04am On Feb 22, 2013
ijawkid:

Fornication is supposed to be the main focus, however pregnancy is presently for reasons best know to the them; misplaced priority by the organized church maybe.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by ijawkid(m): 12:27pm On Feb 22, 2013
Mutaino7:
guy you fall my hand. Ok let me ask you some questions from the bible. If you must know a bible believing church do stress on abstinence but in order not to encroach too much into ones private live pregnancy test and medical reports are being required of the couples.
1. Did God not know b4 hand that Cain killed Abel. Y was he asking for abel knowing he was dead already.
2. Jacob deceive Isaac to get his brother blessing. Even though isaac recognized jacob voice he still went aheard to bless him.
Note dat humans can decieve themselves but they cant decieve the holy spirit. We modern day christians are just being saved by grace cos if it were to be in the early years most of us would have been struck dead. Human standard are being placed so as to allow some decency. Finally God standard still stands.

The pregnancy test been enforced on couples who intend to marry to me sounds more like prying into the private lives of people..........

Like I have said and also many have asked,99 percent of persons would engage in pre-marital sex and still not get pregnant....so this pregnancy test issue is just gibberish...the church should rather keep an eye on its individual members and sanitize the church off those who are immoral.............this is exactly what the early christians did............we have politicians who sit down in the front sits in church and are renowned immoral individuals.....what have the churches done about such ones??.........pregnancy test for couples is just a complete waist of time...........
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
tete7000: read Matthew 5:27 and if you can the entire chapter for further enlightement. For sure you can't know more than Jesus Christ.
did i say Jesus was wrong? I said it starts from the heart. What Jesus meant is that it is better not to entertain evil desire that will make you commit sin than to allow the desire to grow in the first place..just like watching porn movies and reading porn mag will eventually make you to visit a red light district..it is better you don't even read and watch it or avoid it completely..that is wat is meant by cutting of the supply...hope you get my point?

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
ijawkid:

The pregnancy test been enforced on couples who intend to marry to me sounds more like prying into the private lives of people..........

Like I have said and also many have asked,99 percent of persons would engage in pre-marital sex and still not get pregnant....so this pregnancy test issue is just gibberish...the church should rather keep an eye on its individual members and sanitize the church off those who are immoral.............this is exactly what the early christians did............we have politicians who sit down in the front sits in church and are renowned immoral individuals.....what have the churches done about such ones??.........pregnancy test for couples is just a complete waist of time...........
allow the church a benefit of doubt..God sees all and knows all..wateva sins you hide will surely be revealed..preg is the revelation prt..couples lies and get away with it but that part of the reason why the Church is not perfected..judgement should start from the household of God.

2 Likes

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by SELFWORTH: 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
[quote author=MacDaddy01][/quote]

This is the kind of so called NL Christians we are talking about .
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by SELFWORTH: 9:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
bukatyne: I guess a woman pregnants herself. Naija people are filled with sin and Hypocrisy

No one is saying women are to blame. Although I think women are willing participants in getting pregnant unless you are raped.

i think many people just jump and comment without reading and understanding the context of the topic.

They cannot test a man can they ? No. So they have to test the woman. It's meant to be a deterrent to promiscuity .

There are a lot of people on NL with low IQ. I think its a disgrace that prople can not reason and construct valid arguments.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by MissOpe(f): 9:56am On Feb 23, 2013
[quote author=tete7000][/quote

This post deserves a trillion and one likes.... Weldone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atheists Have A Religion / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? / Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.