Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,233 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? (6404 Views)

Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? / Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? / Anointing Oil Used By Some Churches: Wrong Or Right. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:12am On Oct 20, 2013
Why are some churches(christians) praying holyghost fire on their enemies? Is it right? Did Jesus ask us to do so? Did Jesus pray like that? Your view on this pls.
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 20, 2013
just go to church if you don't have better things to discuss
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:44am On Oct 20, 2013
fubara H: just go to church if you don't have better things to discuss
so it is not better thing abi. Anyway, U lacked understanding of it sha.
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
Jesus definitely did nt pray that way
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Ukutsgp(m): 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
Jesus never instruct his disciple to pray that way. He did nt teach them to pray holyghost fire consume my enemies kind of pray.
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
God will always take care of our enemies. U dnt hv to pray holyghost fire to consume them. Allow God to handle ur enemies himself.
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Goshen360(m): 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
You came up with many interesting topics in recent times and this is one of those topics and I will definitely find time to respond to most of your topics, if not all.

I have done a teaching on this very subject but the Spirit just ministered it to me in another deeper dimension. In fact, I was just thinking I will do a thread on this topic come Thursday or Friday, but I just do the teaching here in your thread instead of starting another thread on same topic.

Please, expect my contribution on Thursday or Friday.

You're blessed.
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Ukutsgp(m): 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
Goshen360: You came up with many interesting topics in recent times and this is one of those topics and I will definitely find time to respond to most of your topics, if not all.

I have done a teaching on this very subject but the Spirit just ministered it to me in another deeper dimension. In fact, I was just thinking I will do a thread on this topic come Thursday or Friday, but I just do the teaching here in your thread instead of starting another thread on same topic.

Please, expect my contribution on Thursday or Friday.

You're blessed.
stay blessed till then
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by amaralizzy40y: 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
Pls when Elijah ask God to send down fire 4 him, wht is he using d fire for, bible made us 2 knw dat our God is a merciful God n also a consuming fire.
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
Pls when Elijah ask God to send down fire 4 him, wht is he using d fire for, bible made us 2 knw dat our God is a merciful God n also a consuming fire.
we are not do so in the new testament.
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by lanrexlan(m): 10:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
Pls when Elijah ask God to send down fire 4 him, wht is he using d fire for, bible made us 2 knw dat our God is a merciful God n also a consuming fire
Are you attending Mountains of Fire Ministries?
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by engrtee(f): 10:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:

did fire consume prophet of bar
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Goshen360(m): 10:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:

What exactly is your point?... because I will show you the exact opposite in the new testament as established by Christ and the Apostles carried Christ teachings on into the new testament.
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:09am On Oct 23, 2013
Holyghost doesn't consume people. All those praying holyghost fire are just waisting their time.
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Gombs(m): 9:30am On Oct 23, 2013
Jesus asked us to love and pray for our enemies..he prayed for his enemies and loved them

He never asked us to kill them by fire or such. Infact, he set a table for us in their presence, not their absence, meaning they aint a factor, they don't matter.

Prov 16v7
When a man's ways please the LORD, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Just please the Lord...change your prayer points, rather that sending holyghost fire, worship God, praise him, thank him, do his Word... And he'd take care of your enemies

2 Chronicle 1v11-12

11 And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine
heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
12 Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as
none of the kings have had that have been before thee,
neither shall there any after thee have the like.

Be like Solomon...d man didn't ask for the life of his enemies even though he knew he was an illegitimate Child, he knew David's other sons were against him..but he asked for WISDOM and KNOWLEDGE...go study how all his enemies ended

Praying down holyghost fire is unscriptural and though Elijah called down fire from heaven, it didn't consume his enemies (prophet of Baal).

Same as praying the "I cover myself/family/car/etc with the blood of Jesus" prayer is unscriptural.
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Alwaystrue(f): 10:00am On Oct 23, 2013
Lol. Probably beause they see their enemies as human. Meanwhile we Christians's wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers, rulers of darkness....
Ofcourse these forces may use humans to do their evil work but for those who are God's, the 'used' humans end up pushing the godly to their place of glory.

1. Joseph was sold to His glory
2. The Egyptians were used to display God's glory
3. The Lord prepares a table for us in the presence of our enemies
4. Turned the counsel of Ahitophel to favour the glory of Modecai
5. Even the devil used humans to kill the body of Jesus and had he known ha!, and so many other cases.

Change your perception of who the enemy really is and see yourself progress using the 'supposed enemies' as leverage and stepping stones to your breakthrough.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Gombs(m): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2013
“^^
Spot on!
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Champele(m): 10:56am On Oct 23, 2013
That's why I said that only cowards go to church,too scared to face realities of life.
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:18am On Oct 23, 2013
Gombs: Jesus asked us to love and pray for our enemies..he prayed for his enemies and loved them

He never asked us to kill them by fire or such. Infact, he set a table for us in their presence, not their absence, meaning they aint a factor, they don't matter.

Prov 16v7
When a man's ways please the LORD, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Just please the Lord...change your prayer points, rather that sending holyghost fire, worship God, praise him, thank him, do his Word... And he'd take care of your enemies

2 Chronicle 1v11-12

11 And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine
heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
12 Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as
none of the kings have had that have been before thee,
neither shall there any after thee have the like.

Be like Solomon...d man didn't ask for the life of his enemies even though he knew he was an illegitimate Child, he knew David's other sons were against him..but he asked for WISDOM and KNOWLEDGE...go study how all his enemies ended

Praying down holyghost fire is unscriptural and though Elijah called down fire from heaven, it didn't consume his enemies (prophet of Baal).

Same as praying the "I cover myself/family/car/etc with the blood of Jesus" prayer is unscriptural.
u are on point.
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:19am On Oct 23, 2013
It is a common thing in mountain of fire and miracle centre church.
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:51am On Oct 24, 2013
Champele: That's why I said that only cowards go to church,too scared to face realities of life.
the fact that u ar nt going doesn't make others who are going coward. Be wise.
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
Sincerely this has really opened my eyes especially judging from the scriptures.

Thanks Utuks
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Goshen360(m): 2:12am On Oct 25, 2013
King James Bible
And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem, And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village. Luke 9:51-56

I have always taught being taught by Spirit that the ministry of Jesus is to bring an 'entirely new way of relationship' with God. He came and ministered to people who carry the mindset of the mosaic teachings but one of the ministry of Christ is a change from the mosaic (the servant hood) to relationship (son ship).

In the light of the above, Christ had to choose those he would teach the coming of the new way or new covenant or new agreement so they can carry on his teachings, changing from the old mindset into the new. Unfortunately, many Christians and Christian leaders are way too far from the ministry of Christ and what the new covenant is all about - they still live in the old mindset and practice the old mixed with the new.

In the above scriptures, the disciples with the old mindset just as it is in our days today, wanted to call down fire like Elijah on those who would not receive\welcome Christ but as Christ is projecting and\or teaching the new way, he said, no! It used to be like that at a time but we're having it in a new way. Why? . . . For [because] the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.

Everyone of us at one time had once being an enemy of God. Should God had destroyed us, what would have become of us? It is the goodness of God that leads to repentance and Christ had not come to destroy any man's life. Those who call fire on their enemies are either ignorant or following man's traditional teachings without checking out the truth for themselves. The fire that Elijah called down was literal and since people had been calling fire on their enemies, what literal fire had come down? This should tell people it is just an exercise in futility.

to be continue . . .

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Goshen360(m): 2:13am On Oct 25, 2013
King James Bible
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:43-45

Again, Christ laid the foundation for the Apostles contrasting sharply between what was said in the mosaic law or teachings to what he came to teach as a new way of a new life in the new covenant\agreement - you have heard (of old), but I say unto you (a new saying). Many people are still holding to some or mixture of what what said in the old and selecting some in the new mixed with the old sayings\teachings. That's putting old wine into new wine skin, it doesn't profit the spirit of sonship under the new covenant.

The wisdom of this world is foolishness to God and the ways of God are sometimes foolish to the world. The Apostles carried on the teachings of Christ in a revealed and it was never an Apostolic practice to pray fire down on their enemies even though they had many enemies during the Apostolic era even though they were once carnal wanting to call fire down like Elijah did.

to be continue . . .
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Goshen360(m): 2:13am On Oct 25, 2013
King James Bible
Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:20-21

The 'fire fall on my enemy' prayer is nothing but carnality and exercise in futility. Does doesn't answer such prayers as it is religious exercise void of a Christ-like examples. There's need for every Christian to check again, their church practices and see if it fits into the teachings of Christ and Apostolic practices. God's way of overcoming and defeating your enemies is foolishness to the religious way or traditions of men. It is the way of overcoming evil with good because greater is he that is in us, than he that is in the world and faith (in the finished works) is our victory. We are not fighting for victory, in Christ, we are fighting from victory.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by birdman(m): 2:31am On Oct 25, 2013
Alwaystrue:
1. Joseph was sold to His glory
2. The Egyptians were used to display God's glory
3. The Lord prepares a table for us in the presence of our enemies
4. Turned the counsel of Ahitophel to favour the glory of Modecai
5. Even the devil used humans to kill the body of Jesus and had he known ha!, and so many other cases.

I always find it amazing how these things work out. There is wisdom, and then theres Wisdom
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by made2fit(f): 3:07am On Oct 25, 2013
Gombs:

Really? So this too is unscriptural?
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Goshen360(m): 4:00am On Oct 25, 2013
made2fit: Really? So this too is unscriptural?

^ YES! It is completely UNapostolic. Check this out: https://www.nairaland.com/1132023/end-time-chruches-non-apostolic-practices
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Gombs(m): 6:54am On Oct 25, 2013

1John 1v7 KJV:But if we walk in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Matt 26 v 28 KJV:For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins .

made2fit: Really? So this too is unscriptural?

Very very unscriptural.
As you can see above, the blood was exclusively for remission of sin. It was the sacrifice accepted by God. It has no power to protect, cast out demons, etc as folks use it to pray today. The only powerful 'tools' given to us by God to fight the good fight of faith and live victoriously, are THE NAME OF JESUS AND THE WORD. the blood of Jesus prayer is mistook from
Rev 12 v 11KJV:And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

And the "when I see the blood, I will pass over u".....the story of the israelite in Egypt
Folk over time erroneously interpreted the above verses, (would explain further if u want). There is no single place in the Bible you find folks casting out demons with the blood of Jesus or protecting themselves or family with the blood of Jesus or where they adviced us to use the blood for anything, except that it cleanses us from ALL sin.

When Jesus resurrected, he didn't mention his blood, he Just said in luke 24v40 that a ghost does not have flesh and bone...he didnt mention blood, that is why we say the new creation man does not live of blood, for the Holy Spirit through John declared in John 1v12 and 13 that as many as received Jesus to them gave he power to be called the sons of God, [size=16pt] who were born not of blood [/size] , nor the will of man, nor the will of the flesh, but the will of God.The new creation does not live from blood, he is powered by the HolyGhost, that's why we say Chritians should/cannot not be sick....hallelujah

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Candour(m): 7:03am On Oct 25, 2013
@Gombs

I agree largely with your post and had no choice but to click like. grin

The blood of Christ is powerful but its basically for remmision of sins. Satan has been defeated. We only need to affirm it through the word and renew our minds to line up with the truth that the cross truly and completely emptied Satan of any power over Christians.

May God gives his children the grace to internalise this truth.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 25, 2013
Pleading the Blood has nothing to do with begging or with mechanical repetition of empty words. Plead is legal terminology.

The Hebrew word translated plead is the root word reer. In its verb form, it means strive, contend, to conduct a legal case. In its noun form, it means dispute, controversy, case at law. A few examples:

"The LORD therefore be judge, and judge between me and thee, and see, and plead my cause, and deliver me out of
thing hand." 1 Samuel 24:15

"Hear now my reasoning, and hearken to the pleadings of my lips." Job 13:6

"I plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me." Psalm 35:1

"Plead my cause, and deliver me..." Psalm 119:154

"The LORD standeth up to plead, and standeth to judge the people." Isaiah 3:13

This is the prophetic of Jesus and His triumphant death and subsequent justification. He says, "Who will conduct a legal case or suit with Me? The answer, of course is that no case or adversary can stand against Him. Therefore, our case the Blood of His Cross, is sure.

PLEADING OUR CASE - REDEEMED BY THE BLOOD

A great courtroom procedure has ensued since the fall of man.

God, the Father is God, the Judge of all (Hebrews 12:23).

Jesus Christ, the Righteous, is our advocate (1 John 2:1,2) One that argues for a cause. One that pleads in
another's behalf, an intercessor.

The Bible is the Book of the Law.

Satan is the Prosecuting Attorney - the accuser.

"...for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they
overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the
death." Revelation 12:10,11

The title "the accuser of our brethren" reveals Satan's character and his ongoing activity.

Redemption is the crux of the matter. Adam exercised his free will and fell into the hand of the enemy. The
Blood of the Lamb redeemed (to recover ownership of by paying a specified sum) man from Satan's hold and
unto God and His plan: God redeemed us with "precious" Blood.

For more:http://www.lifeinjesus-ministries.com/THEBLOOD2.html
Re: Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? by Alwaystrue(f): 7:43am On Oct 25, 2013
birdman:

I always find it amazing how these things work out. There is wisdom, and then theres Wisdom
It is because God knows the end from the beginning. He does these things to make us continually trust, love and believe Him more. A problem for some is an avenue to show innovation for others. It is a thing of perception.

On the issue of the pleading the blood. I believe that the blood has been shed for us and our mouths are like the 'hyssop' used to apply it because we overcome the devil by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. This is continuous.
The blood of Jesus speaks better things (mercy) than the blood of Esau (vengeance). So it is possible that when a saint has fallen, he pleads the blood for mercy and seeks grace to help him turn away and continually do right.
The blood of Jesus is the price used to purchase a person from destruction/penalty, we continually confess to salvation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Part Of Your Christian Life Do You Need To Improve This Year? / Look Up To God...not Man! / Mock The Atheist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.