Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? (22835 Views)

Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? / When a government is becoming ungodly: should Christians continue to obey? / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by suxex4ever: 7:11am On Mar 15, 2015
The Ten Commandments, also known as the
Decalogue , are a set of biblical principles
relating to ethics and worship, which play a
fundamental role in Judaism and Christianity.

The 10 Commandments List, Short Form are:
1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make idols.
3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your
God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery/fornication.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your
neighbor.
10. You shall not covet.

So, the question is which among them do you find difficult to obey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by vjsmiles: 7:20am On Mar 15, 2015
suxex4ever:
The Ten Commandments, also known as the
Decalogue , are a set of biblical principles
relating to ethics and worship, which play a
fundamental role in Judaism and Christianity.

The 10 Commandments List, Short Form are:
1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make idols.
3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your
God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.

7.You shall not commit adultery/fornication.

8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your
neighbor.
10. You shall not covet.

So, the question is which among them do you find difficult to obey
on behalf of 98.67% of nairalanders grin

123 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by kestolove95(m): 7:25am On Mar 15, 2015
Non

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by GoodluckJonatan: 7:27am On Mar 15, 2015
u shudn't find any dificult
Jst beware of false teachers eg stealing is not corruption

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by englishmart(m): 7:31am On Mar 15, 2015
all of them
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by suxex4ever: 7:43am On Mar 15, 2015
fraudpolice15:
Most will say adultery but its really idolizing. When ur always on your phone , always drinking ,always eating basically anything that prevents u from praying to god is an idol

Really??

6 Likes

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Idrismusty97(m): 7:48am On Mar 15, 2015
vjsmiles:
on behalf of 80.45% of nairalanders grin
If you find it so difficult to obey why not just take it out of the story book. The person who wrote that is probably impotent. Just find a scripture in the Bible and twist it to mean fornication is good, or perhaps god wasn't talking about fornication in that part it means something else. Just keep twisting and twisting until you capture the minds of your gullible brethren. Hypocrites! cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 15, 2015
The fourth one. I can't imagine myself worshiping on saturdays
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by fraudpolice15: 8:11am On Mar 15, 2015
suxex4ever:

Really??
yes ! Idolizing is a form of worshiping or excessive devotion to something. ( check definition and synonyms if idolizing)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by lalasticlala(m): 8:12am On Mar 15, 2015
suxex4ever, u should have stated urs first naa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Eesha: 8:12am On Mar 15, 2015
None actually. With a lil bit more discipline you'll find none difficult.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by ShakurM(m): 8:13am On Mar 15, 2015
Make I chill first.. lipsrsealed
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Seanixking: 8:17am On Mar 15, 2015
The new commandment jesus christ gave was love thy neighbour as u love thyself....
#Strollout
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by suxex4ever: 8:23am On Mar 15, 2015
lalasticlala:
suxex4ever, u should have stated urs first naa

Alright! Some define COVET as to desire wrongfully, inordinately, or without due regard for the rights of other. But I personally see it as to want something that you do not have, very much (wrongfully or rightfully)

So, I COVET alot of good things which makes 10th commandment soo difficult for me
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 15, 2015
All of them, naturally.

Which is why I am a Christian....ever since I became one I have always been reminded of the fact that I am not a good person....and that I constantly need God's help.

If it sounds like self deprecation....it isn't. Just an honest appraisal of who I am....in the light of God's countenance. As the Bible says....all have sinned. It is by God's mercy that I can come into his Presence covered by His Son's blood.

15 Likes

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by igbsam(m): 8:26am On Mar 15, 2015
I don't comment on sundays

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by SuperModerator: 8:26am On Mar 15, 2015
Number 1 undecided
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by eleojo23: 8:26am On Mar 15, 2015
In myself, I cannot and will never be able to keep any of the commandments. But in Christ I can keep more than the ten commandments. Why? Because the One who gave the commandments is at work in me to keep the commandment that he has given. That is the mystery of the indwelling life of Christ.

I will have to constantly rely on the power of the inner life for me to achieve any success in my christian walk. If I should attempt to depend on my own ability, I will certainly fail.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by missbehave247(m): 8:27am On Mar 15, 2015
None of the above
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by natureblack(m): 8:27am On Mar 15, 2015
If I was a Christian,I can't knuckle under : remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy ....thou shall not commit fornication undecided undecided

No diss against Christians intended,God managed to down an awful lots of commandments to a few very simply rules for living.It's when you go backwards through the 'begats' and the Garden of Eden,and you start thinking,'that's a very big punishment for just eating one lousy apple'......... sad sad sad
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Adyrin(m): 8:27am On Mar 15, 2015
Thou shalt not commit adultery hard sha!

-Another one is "...Thou shalt not name the Name of the Lord in vain"
We do this mostly without even knowing. Eg:
*God punnish you there"
*OoooooooH God!" Ooh Jesus!
*Jesus Christ of Nazareth!"
*God Why?"
Etc.....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by saxwizard(m): 8:27am On Mar 15, 2015
mmmmmmm
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by phenol33(m): 8:28am On Mar 15, 2015
thou shall not funicate!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Adyrin(m): 8:28am On Mar 15, 2015
You just lied.......number W̶̲̥̅̊ђA̶̲̥̅t
missbehave247:
None of the above

2 Likes

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 15, 2015
God's grace covers me cos I'm not perfect wink
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:28am On Mar 15, 2015
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Mikechinos(m): 8:29am On Mar 15, 2015
space booked
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by nwikono(m): 8:29am On Mar 15, 2015
Fornication
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 15, 2015
igbsam:
I don't comment on sundays

grin grin

You just did.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by eldnix: 8:29am On Mar 15, 2015
It all revolves around one n dat is...no1...keep dat one u keep all
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Nutase: 8:30am On Mar 15, 2015
how e take concern u......face ya work..... angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.