Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,194 members, 7,835,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? (22845 Views)

Why Are Some Churches(christians) Praying Holyghost Fire On Their Enemies? / Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? / Anointing Oil Used By Some Churches: Wrong Or Right. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by Yahayamoses(m): 9:24am On Feb 21, 2013
D bible 4bid 4nication. if any church bid d couple 2gada, it means dt dy ar in support of it n dose who ar in support of it, u ar encouragin wat Jesus cald sin wic mean u dt support it n u dt do it ar all cumitin sin. Let us stick 2 our bible word n nt wat pple ar sayin. God wil help us all IJN
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by tete7000(m): 9:25am On Feb 21, 2013
SELFWORTH:

YOU ARE CONTRADICTING yourself. See below .

It is extremely sad that majority of those who have responded on this topic were fake christian who did not understand why they attend church services or being a CHRISTIAN.

A Christian is a little Christ( a follower of Christ, living and abiding with the principles of the word of God -BIBLE)
Please anytime we face with questions as regard our faith, the first question we should ask ourselves is - what is the position of the word of God - Bible?

Now, follow me to read: HEBREWS 13:4 "Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefilled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge"
. Do u think as a human being u have the right to punish for God? Remember all have have sinned and fell short of Gods glory. Can u judge because ur sin are committed hidden while well exposed to God? U people never take a holistic view of the bible u claim u know. U pick one verse and base ur verdict on it. Christ came to set the sinners free. We are all like sheep each have gone his way but God place upon the punishment for our sins. No wonder heavven rejoice for a sinner that repents. Coming forward with pregnancy is a sign of repentance and resolve to live right henceforth. While does ur church stands betwEen people and their desire to reconcile with God. Maybe u ll choose they abort instaed and commit greater sin? Ignoramus.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by oyestephen(m): 9:25am On Feb 21, 2013
ANYONE'S OPINION, VIEW , IDEA IRRESPECTIVE OF WHO YOU ARE IS USELESS, WHEN THE BIBLE SAYS SOMETHING ELSE
1. GOD HONOURS VIRGINS.....E.G MARY, IT SHOULD BE A PRIDE TO YOU THAT YOU KEPT YOURSELVES FOR EACH ODA ONLY
2. GOD IS TOTALLY AGAINST PRE MARITAL SEX....
3. IF PRE MARITAL SEX HAS HAPPENED, THEY CAN'T BE JOINED. INSTEAD THE CHURCH SHOULD DISCIPLINE THEM E.G SUSPEND THEM FROM THEIR GROUP ACTIVITIES. THE PROBLEM OF MOST PEOPLE IS THEY WANT TO DO WHAT THEY LIKE, CHRISTAINS NOT CHURCH GOERS WHO MISTAKENLY FALL INTO SIN WILL BE SOBERRR NOT ARGUING ON GRACE.

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by dlight1(m): 9:28am On Feb 21, 2013
The marriage bed is supposed to b kept undefiled that's what d bible prescribes. So for any christian wedding this is expected to be adhered to.

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by tete7000(m): 9:39am On Feb 21, 2013
mathewalab: It is extremely sad that majority of those who have responded on this topic were fake christian who did not understand why they attend church services or being a CHRISTIAN.

A Christian is a little Christ( a follower of Christ, living and abiding with the principles of the word of God -BIBLE)
Please anytime we face with questions as regard our faith, the first question we should ask ourselves is - what is the position of the word of God - Bible?

Now, follow me to read: HEBREWS 13:4 "Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefilled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge"

So, if God said He condemned a behaviour and He will judge the act; then you agreed with me that pastors and the church are custodian of this Biblical injuction, how then do we blame church for conducting pregnancy test before marriage.

Are you saying the church and pastor should share potion of the punishment for the offenders of the sin? Definitely no truly called man of God will support heresis in the name of civiliazation or whatever you call it.

It is on this note, I am persuading Nairalanders to stop misuse our freedom of expression on topics we know nothing about.Therefore there is no basis to support sex before marriage, it is fornication and our God disapprove it.

The act of a young lady keeping herself till weeding night, apart from Bible is a cultural thing; which I knewn Yoruba and other tribe too practice it. It is civilization that spoil our way of life this day's; And as a matter of fact, the word of God prevail culture and civilization.

To those of you who supported the act of sex before marriage, I by the mercies of God call you to the alter of Jesus Christ now, and obtain true salvation that the king of Glory gives freely. It is well with your souls. (Amen)
. It is sad u don't even know when marriage starts. PremaritaL sex means sex before marriage and cannot defile marriage bed but rather defile the culprit body. What is done after marriage is adultery and that is what defile marriage bed. UnfortunatelY many of u here and ur pastors commit adultry and will still refuse people marriage becos they come open with pregnancy. Fortunately God is always ready to forgive even adultery as Jesus demostrated with that woman in the bible. Finally with ur recommendation had God been like u, u ll stop existng long ago becos u re not rIghteos as u made urself look. Infact ur claim to being so holy is itself pride and a major sin for our righteousness is like filthy rag before God.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by lukaino(m): 9:46am On Feb 21, 2013
Because bible says(Heb 13:4) you must not enter the place before marriage grin
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by rubi96(f): 10:24am On Feb 21, 2013
nikkypearl: Winners chapel do d test a day 2d wedding! but what d result is positive,wil dey cancel d wedding or wat?
yes they cancel.

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by rottennaija(m): 10:38am On Feb 21, 2013
vanstanzy: Pregnancy is a result of premarital s*x, that is, if the couples are not married yet! The Catholic Church frowns at

premarital s*x. But if intending couples can have premarital s*x and escape pregnancy, GOOD FOR THEM. wink wink wink

God frowns at premarital sex or fornication and fornicators will not enter his kingdom. so, we all as ourselves, is it about what we feel should be done or what God want from us? is it about our own feeling and our objectives or that of God? dont forget, we all claim to love and serve him, we love n want to serve in an acceptable way, we love what he loves and hate what he hates.

3 Likes

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by bukatyne(f): 11:05am On Feb 21, 2013
mathewalab: It is extremely sad that majority of those who have responded on this topic were fake christian who did not understand why they attend church services or being a CHRISTIAN.

So, if God said He condemned a behaviour and He will judge the act; then you agreed with me that pastors and the church are custodian of this Biblical injuction, how then do we blame church for conducting pregnancy test before marriage.

Are you saying the church and pastor should share potion of the punishment for the offenders of the sin? Definitely no truly called man of God will support heresis in the name of civiliazation or whatever you call it.

It is on this note, I am persuading Nairalanders to stop misuse our freedom of expression on topics we know nothing about.Therefore there is no basis to support sex before marriage, it is fornication and our God disapprove it.

The act of a young ladyperson keeping himself/herself till weeding night, apart from Bible is a cultural thing; which I knewn Yoruba and other tribe too practice it. It is civilization that spoil our way of life this day's; And as a matter of fact, the word of God prevail culture and civilization.

To those of you who supported the act of sex before marriage, I by the mercies of God call you to the alter of Jesus Christ now, and obtain true salvation that the king of Glory gives freely. It is well with your souls. (Amen)
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 21, 2013
Joagbaje: If the church would not wed couple with 6 months pregnancy ,the should also not wed couple with views days pregnancy because they are supposed to remain till the wedding night . So he test is one off the ways to help people keep their christian testimony

What? If u want to help pple, test both with virginity tests,period.You test someone of no pregnancy and conclude no fuwaduing has happened.So dumb!
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by kosiobabiolorun: 11:25am On Feb 21, 2013
CAC is against pregnancy test before marriage, but the condition is they will tell you that holyspirit is the witness/great judge.

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by Patuwa: 11:57am On Feb 21, 2013
Man-of-God:

God bles u my dear. Many youths ar lookin 4 churches were sin is allowed. Keep urself pure. If u abort coz of weddin, d lord wil visit u wit barrennes.

Good talk there jo!
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by Edithspecials: 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
funmemezy: I tink virginity tests shld b done instead,God xpects d bed undefiled.
Dont 4get some pple lost their virginity b4 they were converted.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by mathewalab: 12:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
tete7000: . It is sad u don't even know when marriage starts. PremaritaL sex means sex before marriage and cannot defile marriage bed but rather defile the culprit body. What is done after marriage is adultery and that is what defile marriage bed. UnfortunatelY many of u here and ur pastors commit adultry and will still refuse people marriage becos they come open with pregnancy. Fortunately God is always ready to forgive even adultery as Jesus demostrated with that woman in the bible. Finally with ur recommendation had God been like u, u ll stop existng long ago becos u re not rIghteos as u made urself look. Infact ur claim to being so holy is itself pride and a major sin for our righteousness is like filthy rag before God.

It appears to me that you dont understand God through His word you seems to quote out of context neither will you understand His (God) act even at reality.

Please I like you to understand detail of the word of God on issues being discuss and connect the the works of salvation that Master Jesus Christ did for mankind.

First of most, No doubt about God wishes that all sinners be repented and save for them to live with Him in peace BUT can we continue in sin and expect grace to be abound - "NO WAY" the standard of the word of God is sure and anybody that come closer will be save.

Let me ask you - do you termed the act of coming before the whole congregation for wedding terms to the public repentance - certainly NOT AT ALL. Please think deeply about the issue on discussion.

Get this properly, we are not talking outside church, the issue affect CHRISTIANS and not any other fellow outside the church - probably you need interpretation of what christain is all about. You either be one or NOT - A marriage programme is not an hour decision; and for you to be a christain - you must have been going to church services regulary: that is even a spirit of God filled church not common one that filled everywhere now, and again marriage is not for baby but ADULT, how then do you say a mature adult christain did not undertand that its unbiblical to engage in sex before marriage? Because they are not strange to the church teaching or even personal Bible study will expose you to the truth of the word of God --- listen carefully, am not God nor an Angel but this is the position of the word of God.

See, God can not lower His standard either you like it or not. Again you made mentioned of Jesus Christ decision about the woman caught in the act of adultereous - listen carefully, whenever you read Bible, dont jump into conclusion on ordinary alphabetical letters expressed BUT ask why this happened like this; and you know what, we have a great teacher (HOLY SPIRIT) to guide. Jesus Christ did not approve the adultreous act but He chooses to condemn hypocritical acts of Pharieses and Temple scribes.

It is my appeal to you to embrace full salvation and live for God, this no be joke ooooooooooooooooo because that is the only condition to make heaven and reign with Him in the kingdom to come.

God bless you in abundance.

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by Yolmite(m): 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
I DON'T KNOW O
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by rezzy: 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
yuzedo: Maybe the Pastor is begging the babe for a punny before and she is refused claiming she is a varchin.. Pregnancing test will reveal if she was sharing the kpekus? Hope this help, thanks. undecided
@ the bolded, i dey sure say na warri maga u be
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by chiteny(m): 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
SELFWORTH:

YOU ARE CONTRADICTING yourself. See below .

Poster @mathewalab said it all;

It is extremely sad that majority of those who have responded on this topic were fake christian who did not understand why they attend church services or being a CHRISTIAN.

PLEASE RE-READ THE SAME PASSAGE USING NIV VERSION AND YOU WIL HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING. THANKS.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by sanatogen: 3:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
Once their life expires, the person answers to their true self (spirit) and perhaps to the creator. All recorded in the book of life.

Logicboy03: To all the fools supporting this;

How does this test catch a man that was cheating on his fiance and impregnated another woman? HMM?

How does this test catch a couple who had se.x minutes before the test?

Fake churches, fake doctrines, fake rules, foolish pregnancy tests

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by chiteny(m): 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2013
d light: The marriage bed is supposed to b kept undefiled that's what d bible prescribes. So for any christian wedding this is expected to be adhered to.

This marriage bed everyone talks about, is it before or after marriage?? And why will there be a marriage bed before marriage?

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by eldoradoxx: 3:49pm On Feb 21, 2013
ijawkid: One thing I do know is that making pregnancy tests mandatory only would make couples who intend to marry resort to abortion(double wahala)...........what the churches should focus on is disciplining those who are caught engaging in pre-marital sex,because that is what leads to pregnancy in the first place.....I'm not saying the churches should go ahead to unite couples who are pregnant....NO.....but I don't encourage this pregnancy test thing...........because many would commit sexual immorality and avoid pregnancy(either kiLl the unborn baby or make use of condoms and other birth control measures) as much as they can............

My point:::...what the church should be more on the look out for are the many who are living amoral lives.................correct the problem when it is at its latent stage so that it doesn't result to pregnancy and all that.....

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by eldoradoxx: 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
[quote author=eldoradoxx][/quote] Churches do not punish for pregnancy alone, they punish you if it is proved that you have been sleeping together!

2 Likes

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by MissOpe(f): 3:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
nikkypearl: Winners chapel do d test a day 2d wedding! but what d result is positive,wil dey cancel d wedding or wat?

Yes my friend attends Winners chapel,, last year, her wedding was cancelled after it was discovered that she engaged in premarital sex before the D -Day.... We all proceeded to the reception to celebrate the unjoined couples but together she's blessed wt a baby boy.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by eldoradoxx: 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
Miss Ope:

Yes my friend attends Winners chapel,, last year, her wedding was cancelled after it was discovered that she engaged in premarital sex before the D -Day.... We all proceeded to the reception to celebrate the unjoined couples but together she's blessed wt a baby boy.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. I said it earlier, these major pentecostal churches don't joke with the issue of chastity before marriage, neither are they begging anyone to come and wed there. But if u must wed theren then u must comply with there strict rules. Every memeber has responsibilty to uncover any immoral activity of another otherwise such memeber shares in your guilt before God. In Older Pentecostal churches almost every sunday, members are stil publicly excommunicated for adultery, fornication, stealing, wife beating just name it. Church ought to exercise some sort of moral discipline over its members. I ve been in church where a sister and brother were invited in front of church and excommunicated for fornicating during courtship and several other instances.

2 Likes

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by SELFWORTH: 4:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
chiteny:

PLEASE RE-READ THE SAME PASSAGE USING NIV VERSION AND YOU WIL HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING. THANKS.

Your point?
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by SELFWORTH: 4:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
rubi96: yes they cancel.

Good for them!

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by SELFWORTH: 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2013
tete7000: . Do u think as a human being u have the right to punish for God? Remember all have have sinned and fell short of Gods glory. Can u judge because ur sin are committed hidden while well exposed to God? U people never take a holistic view of the bible u claim u know. U pick one verse and base ur verdict on it. Christ came to set the sinners free. We are all like sheep each have gone his way but God place upon the punishment for our sins. No wonder heavven rejoice for a sinner that repents. Coming forward with pregnancy is a sign of repentance and resolve to live right henceforth. While does ur church stands betwEen people and their desire to reconcile with God. Maybe u ll choose they abort instaed and commit greater sin? Ignoramus.

I worked it out very quickly that :

1. You cannot be Christian. You are someone who thinks you are a Christian but your ways contradicts the bible.

2. You have engaged in sex before marriage and the way you were treated by the church is causing you to hold a lot of bitterness in your heart.

3. A Christian who makes excuses for sinning and lie to yourself that God is merciful so becos of that you can sin all you like.

Calling some one holier than thou and ignoramus gives you away in a big way. I guess these are words taken from your own version of the 'bible'.

Like poster@ mathewalab said Give your life to God and embrace salvation FULLY not on a part time basis or even as and when it suits you.

Every man is accountable to God and their conscience and I think yours is dealing with you. No one is forcing you to come and wed in their church, so go to your local mosque, registry or even your parlour with your 9 month pregnancy.

I wont bother responding to your insults especially now l know you are NOT a born again Christian. I dismiss your childish comments as being one of those that will perish becos of lack of knowledge or lies that God is merciful so let me continue to sin becos He will forgive me.

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by SELFWORTH: 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2013
d light: The marriage bed is supposed to b kept undefiled that's what d bible prescribes. So for any christian wedding this is expected to be adhered to.

Thank you. Poster @tete7000 please TAKE NOTE.

Please tell all the fake Christians on NL they are only deceiving themselves .

There is no grey area with God. You are either a Christian or you are not. Make up your mind today today to serve God fully and wholeheartedly .

1 Like

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
I did pregnancy test a day to my wedding,i was directed to a particular lab-so no fake result;plus i was told that d-test result was to be collected by my Rev's wife.She later called my mum in the evening to tell her congrats.Baptist nor dey take d test play@all.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by eastermaris(f): 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
tete7000: . Do u think as a human being u have the right to punish for God? Remember all have have sinned and fell short of Gods glory. Can u judge because ur sin are committed hidden while well exposed to God? U people never take a holistic view of the bible u claim u know. U pick one verse and base ur verdict on it. Christ came to set the sinners free. We are all like sheep each have gone his way but God place upon the punishment for our sins. No wonder heavven rejoice for a sinner that repents. Coming forward with pregnancy is a sign of repentance and resolve to live right henceforth. While does ur church stands betwEen people and their desire to reconcile with God. Maybe u ll choose they abort instaed and commit greater sin? Ignoramus.

Ur ignorance speaks in every line.Spare d rod and spoil d child.Are u saying there shld be no rules dat guide d church?. because all have sinned,so everyone shld go on a screwing spree of d opposite without caution? Its either u no christian or u simply a mo.ron!
Every religion kicks against pre-marital sex,wats wrong wit putting measures dat wld discourage it.It dosnt stop people frm getting pregnant b4 marriage,shld d living church(sure some churches re dead) den legalise it so dat people wnt commit abortn? Answer is 'NO'. Dats why some of such churches but measures in place.I wld drop one or two.
The church where my elder sist wedded made it clear to dem during counselling dat dey dnt wed pregnant women,and there was a preg test 3days b4 d wedding.D only option was if u are pregnant,put to bed first dem come to the church for blessing of marriage which automatically replaces a white wedding.A white weddind and dat veil on d woman signifies chastity and purity.If d couples decide to have sex secretly after d councelling b4 marriage thereby building there marriage on deceit,dats left for God to handle,but d church most play its role.
How can u preach against FORNICATION to ur youths in church and wed a 5months pregnant lady in d presence of d same youths?

Stop complicating christianity!
There are many other alternatives...satanism..paganism..hinduism..islam..etc

U cant repaint FORNICATION,pre-marital sex is FORNICATION and pregnancy b4 marriage is FORNICATION...and GOD hates FORNICATION.

2 Likes

Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by sanatogen: 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
Does god Hate?

I would say that God is consciousness/unconditional love.
Re: Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? by SELFWORTH: 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
eastermaris:

Ur ignorance speaks in every line.Spare d rod and spoil d child.Are u saying there shld be no rules dat guide d church?. because all have sinned,so everyone shld go on a screwing spree of d opposite without caution? Its either u no christian or u simply a mo.ron!
Every religion kicks against pre-marital sex,wats wrong wit putting measures dat wld discourage it.It dosnt stop people frm getting pregnant b4 marriage,shld d living church(sure some churches re dead) den legalise it so dat people wnt commit abortn? Answer is 'NO'. Dats why some of such churches but measures in place.I wld drop one or two.
The church where my elder sist wedded made it clear to dem during counselling dat dey dnt wed pregnant women,and there was a preg test 3days b4 d wedding.D only option was if u are pregnant,put to bed first dem come to the church for blessing of marriage which automatically replaces a white wedding.A white weddind and dat veil on d woman signifies chastity and purity.If d couples decide to have sex secretly after d councelling b4 marriage thereby building there marriage on deceit,dats left for God to handle,but d church most play its role.
How can u preach against FORNICATION to ur youths in church and wed a 5months pregnant lady in d presence of d same youths?

Stop complicating christianity!
There are many other alternatives...satanism..paganism..hinduism..islam..etc

U cant repaint FORNICATION,pre-marital sex is FORNICATION and pregnancy b4 marriage is FORNICATION...and GOD hates FORNICATION.

I thank God for u!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? / Masturbation Is An Invitation To Demons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.