Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,294 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? (13285 Views)

Between Saraki And Tinubu: Who Laughs Last?- Daily Trust / Saraki Or Tinubu? Who Rocks It Better? / Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by ZACHIE: 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2013
right question from a son from an unknown origin
So, between your landlord and your papa, who fine pass?>

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by bankylan: 3:41pm On Feb 22, 2013
justmythought: Dont be myopic my friend. Where Lagos has one set of legislative, judiciary and executive arms of government -- Nigeria has thirty six with all sorts of interests along state, regional, national and international lines.

Is there a future for this country where mediocrity is celebrated? Is someone calling Tinubu a leader? Are we less human as blacks?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Tstark(m): 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
Stupid and invalid question.....how can you compare someone who has ruled a country for years to someone who barely managed to govern a state? That's like comparing apples and oranges, knuckleheads beware of jobless OP's

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Quelme: 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
[quote author=SHOLYMENT]When you talk of leaders, there are many forms as political, religious, family and so on. Its so ridiculous to compare a dog and lion as one of the speaker had said, in Nigeria and africa today, OBJ remains second to non in his wealth of experience and love for his fatherland. The return of Nigeria to democratic nation which tinubu is exploiting now is an handwork of OTA man, many of our delapidated public offices during donkey millitary era were almost restored by his administration. I can rememba befor 1999, teachers, traders, farmers, polices, and other hardworking civil servants were so wretched that many of them cant send their ward to higher institution of learning. In area of corruption, OBJ remains one of the most effective leader to wage war on corrupt govt officials, he initiated agencies like EFCC,ICPC and others to fight political oppositions, today we can see the good fruits of this agencies, James Ibori, Bamikole, Otedola vs lawan, tafa balogun, alamaisegah and the likes all convicted by London court. Nobody in life is Mr. Perfect, obj has loopholes but his goodworks will later be cellebrated by generation unborn. As for Tinubu, i commend his role in oppositioning, he has add beauty to our democracy as strong opposition is d wheel for good and competitive govrnance..however, praising him bcuz he ruled lagos state without federal allowance is good. But does dat means he is free frm corruption? Infact, tinubu shld beta be a garrage leader rather than political, he sponsored many thugery acts and up till now he is their father. Do you knw hw ballots boxes are snatched in lagos? Only if Tinubu can rule Nigeria then u will all learn of his incompetence and lack of good vission.where ur point? #makes no sense jawe#

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Jarus(m): 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
Tough one.

I don't trust both with public funds.

Both not too bad in terms of performance, by Nigerian standards (at least they did something - Tinubu started Lagos transformation, Obj, hate him or like him, posted up to average performance).

Both have a way of identifying talents (although Tinubu has an edge, most of Obj boys were sourced from Atiku)

Tinubu's style of politics more manageable, less vindictive, compared to unforgiving Obj

It's 50-50 for me, got to toss a coin.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by deletrue: 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
Gbongbonosi: its only fooled will may answer your question
what have you written? Just go through your grammer again! Only one line sentence. Wonderful! No doubt, you are one of the lowest and worthless individuals in our time.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Memphis357(m): 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2013
Tinubu stole on a larger scale than Obasanjo. Obasanjo ruled a country for 8 years,compare the wealth he amassed with Tinubu that ruled a STATE for 8 years also.....
Better leader these nutzzzzzz,Nigga!!!!!
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by BashMe1(m): 3:45pm On Feb 22, 2013
Na d same Mama born dem. no one apparently tongue
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by 7lives: 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2013
A true leader is the one that is light years ahead of his or her contemporaries in THINKING/VISION, SMARTNESS, PRECISION and RUTHLESSNESS in their pursuance of whatever vision they have for the people they lead. I am talking about the likes of Mao tse Tung, Stalin, Jerry Rawlings and you better believe it Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
After the demise of Bola Ige, the Yoruba nation lost focus and it took the likes of Tinubu to get it back, THIS TO ME IS A REVOLUTION. Stop comparing BAT with OBJ they are not the same, there is big difference between a man loved by his people and a man that means nothing to his people.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by justmythought: 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2013
While I dont quite understand your position, I would restate my view.

the stated quote compared the federal govts achievement with a state's. And thus, my view... of course, never a Tinubu over obasanjo. may God preserve us all. when tinibu gets closer, we shall see the true difference.

bankylan:

Is there a future for this country where mediocrity is celebrated? Is someone calling Tinubu a leader? Are we less human as blacks?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Andyforte: 3:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ah ah is this a trick question? Pls don't put obj on that level Abeg. Even though obj ain't the best we got but, common bro. U can't compare. I can write a whole book on that shittt. Meanwhile tinubu is too tribalistic amongst other things. I like him though. But obj is. Maybe u should compare obj with IBB. Then I'd tell u IBB IS BETTER.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by fbit: 3:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
faporori24:

MY FRIEND CAN YOU SEE BUNCH OF FOOLS HERE DEM DON DEY COMMENT.......LOADING WHO AM I A FOOL ALSO DAMM I COMMENT SHA
Obasanjo is the best anyday.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by chucky234(m): 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2013
peckhamboi:

Tinubu by miles.
Imagine what Obasanjo is saying to the queen that spring up that sweet bold smile,the answer is simple: Obasanjo have a way of making anyone he come across to accept him without hesitating,a charisma Tinubu can only dream of.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Ominiriches(m): 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2013
A niger is always a niga!
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by generaliy07(m): 4:11pm On Feb 22, 2013
[s][/s]
jas_o: When you talk of leader it has to go with quality of the person in the sphere of deliverables.
Tinubu as formal governor of Lagos state introduce most of people benefit project that other states now used to efficiently govern their people.
In Yoruba land what Tinubu is presently doing - is to create an environment where people will be seeing as normal human being.
He introduce BRT to eliminate disconnect between the reach and the poor. This is what good governance is all about, bringing the poor and the rich together, with this; people feel less superior and subsequently reduce the interest to loot.
You can’t point something good to Obj. the only thing that can be attributed to him is corruption, because his regime compliment, institutionalize and bring impunity into corruption menace.
jas_o: When you talk of leader it has to go with quality of the person in the sphere of deliverables.
Tinubu as formal governor of Lagos state introduce most of people benefit project that other states now used to efficiently govern their people.
In Yoruba land what Tinubu is presently doing - is to create an environment where people will be seeing as normal human being.
He introduce BRT to eliminate disconnect between the reach and the poor. This is what good governance is all about, bringing the poor and the rich together, with this; people feel less superior and subsequently reduce the interest to loot.
You can’t point something good to Obj. the only thing that can be attributed to him is corruption, because his regime compliment, institutionalize and bring impunity into corruption menace.

You are as incorrect as your english

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by tomakint: 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
Olugbenger:
answer the OP's question and stop making dumb posts using your silly understanding!
Dumbosco, I don't intend to be rude, but if you look at the post you quoted, you will realize I have already answered the question, I hope you are ok? help me greet Aunty Sally undecided
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
delors: OBASANJO! Dont compare a dead man with a sleeping man...OBJ isnt Tinubu's mate anytime anyday...You better recognize...
some of u are getting it all wrong. D question is who is a beta leader not who is mightier dan who.
@ OP, Am not a Lagosian /Yoruba, so Tinubu has neva led me. But Obj is simply evil, even every little good he did had an evil undertone.
He has strength of xter but lacks good heart n goodwill. Sb like GEJ has goodwill/hrt but lacks strength of xter
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by deletrue: 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2013
First, let us examine how reasonable the two people in question are, since it is only a conscious person that can make a good leader. Obasanjo was a military head of state, a president for eight years and also an aged man. Both, put together is capable of mulding a normal human being having gained such huge experience. But what do one see and hear of this man? Are you crazy? Na your father be nigeria jakajaka. (in response to a musician). To me, he is a premature and unconscious aged man. Therefore, could not have made a good leader.
Tunubu, on the second hand, for now can best be described as one of the greatest corrupt individuals in our time. Therefore, two of them put together, are of no economic, social etc. benefit to nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Venchy: 4:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
What a question, this needs a lot of research because they of different characters. ...get back to later ....lol
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by deb(m): 4:41pm On Feb 22, 2013
tevinsolt: why are you people so obsessed with these guys? they're not leading anyone. damn!

My guy thank you o. May be people should really undergo a study on what leadership truly means because it is
nothing like 'rulership', if there is any word like that. The people mentioned here are no leaders. OBJ a dictator, Tinubu
an impostor

The only true leader I have seen in recent time in Nigeria is Gov. Fashola.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by naptu2: 4:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
justmythought: Dont be myopic my friend. Where Lagos has one set of legislative, judiciary and executive arms of government -- Nigeria has thirty six with all sorts of interests along state, regional, national and international lines.

President Obasanjo was not responsible for the duties of the 36 state governments. He was responsible for the duties of the Federal Government as set out in the constitution. The Federal Government has "one set of legislative, judicial and executive arms of government. For example, President Obasanjo did not have to send bills to state houses of assembly.

(Therefore, you can compare, eg what did Tinubu do with intrastate railways and what did Obasanjo do with interstate railways. No state government is responsible for the activities of the NRC, although they can assist, that's the job of the Feds. Again, what about ambulance services on federal owned interstate expressways?).
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by bong4(m): 4:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
Between the both of them i will say none was ever a leader.....They only occupied leadership positions.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by huptin(m): 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
How can you compare Obasanjo and Tinubu? OBJ rolls with the high and mighty in the world, Tinubu rolls with agberos and psycophants. Please dont compare a lion and a dog. The comparism is repugnant to natural justice.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Hardfact: 4:59pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ans? None of the above.
*I'd rather you presented some better options*
Or did you mean a 'better' looter?
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by kingingkinging: 4:59pm On Feb 22, 2013
Am I missing something? Obasanjo to me is a great and powerful politician but not a good leader, so I will say Tinubu is better for the following reasons:

1. Leadership is about caring for the followers- Tinubu till today is a celebrated leader even among his followers but Obasanjo always have a bad relationship with his follower, ask Atiku, Audu Ogbe,Solomon Lar, Aninhe, Gbenga Daniel, etc;
2. Successor- Tinubu single-handedly picked Fashola and that makes his success story complete but Obasanjo has always been picking weaklings from Shehu Shagari to Yar'adua to Jonathan, etc;
3. Tinubu earns respects from his teeming followers, remember his 60th birthday that rocked Lagos and entire Nigeria, remember it was after leaving office as the state gov, Obasanjo's birthday did not even shake his local govt. He has been losing elections even in his own ward. He does not have the grip of his hood unlike the Jagaban.
4. Obasanjo is vindictive and plays politics of calumny. He punishes anybody that crosses his line-Ladoja, Dariye, Alamashiagha, Tafa Balogun, Tinubu,Atiku,all the senate president in his first term(Enwerem,Chuba,Pius Anyim,etc) and that has affected his followership. Nobody likes him fully but people like Aregbesola can die for Tinubu because he made them.
5. Tinubu is concerned about the long term benefit of things hence the reason for charting a good course and perfect map for Lagos which Fash is following unlike Obasanjo who wants his own benefit alone ( 3rd term project).
6. After Tinubu left power, his wife became senator in Lagos but after Obasanjo left power his daughter could not defeat an unknown person in his senatorial district, too poor.
Pls the list is endless

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Zandarazanzan: 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
U hate him, who made u spokesman for us yorubas? I have d greatest respect and love for d man. If it had not been obj, do u tink we will still have democracy in nigeria? Before he became president, civil servants dont even own motorbikes, private school teachers were better paid than government workers. He singlehandedly brought about the birth of a middleclass in nigeria. Telephony, large infrastructural projects. He has enhanced our international standing, from d days of international isolation prior to his ascension to power. Also remember dat he still holds d record for the FIRST african military leader to voluntarily hand over power to democratically elected government. He is an icon, despite his failings.
eggheaders: tinubu is light years better than obj.just check up the way people view them in their geopolitical zone.we yorubas hate obj with passion.inability to bring any real development to the southwest as the c-in-c.selling us out 2007-2011 to the pdp failure governors.seizing of lagos local government funds. as bad as ibb,jona and other their region still felt their impact as president.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by dlight1(m): 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
Both of them share certain traits but obviously Tinubu is a better leader any day any time. Obasanjo is just too self-centred even though he has all the charisma to rule he rather converted all his leadership quality to enrich himself and selfish politicians like himself. Tinubu's eight years achievement as Lagos state governor far outweighs what Obj was able to do despite the fact that the old ingrate failed to release allocation meant for Lagos state to Tinubu during this periods. Obasanjo was a president in error and he sure transferred the aggression of a prisoner in ruling the country.
even we in the south west here can't point out any tangible thing he did for 8yrs not even the state he came from aside the otta farm which is his personal asset 'what a shame'. Just 2yrs into Jonathan's administration a number of projects has been executed in bayelsa state and more will surely come. I don't think they should be compared the difference is obvious Obj is a shame to the south west and no wonder he had to lose disgracefully in the last election not just in his state but his polling boot too
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Orikinla(m): 5:31pm On Feb 22, 2013
What is the difference between the fox and the wolf?
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by roxell120(m): 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2013
both share much on common. they entrenched and promoted godfatherism in governance.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Bamikay(m): 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
You are olodo by comparing Obj and Tinubu together. Obj is far better than tinubu sir.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Raphtop(m): 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
Same naani

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osoba Group Disowns Falae Over N100m Donation-the Vanguard / Ben Bruce: Peter Obi Deserves National Honour / Court Orders Seizure Of Senator Victor Umeh’s Assets Over N136m Bank Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.