Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? (13292 Views)

Between Saraki And Tinubu: Who Laughs Last?- Daily Trust / Saraki Or Tinubu? Who Rocks It Better? / Dogara Is A Better Leader, More Competent Than Gbajabiamila - Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by malabite3: 5:44pm On Feb 22, 2013
aduboy: Tinubu is a better leader any day. You judge by the person he handed over power to after his reign as governor. Obj is just a strong man but not a good leader. One thing that confirmed that is handing over power to Yardua and the third term agenda. The reason why Orji Uzo Kalu is also a bad leader. Tinubu is a rare gift to a people and am happy that his people recognise that.

I strongly disagree ώį̸̸̨ƭƕ you. Tinubu single handedly hand picked all the contestants ΐϞ the last election.wht kind of signal απϑ message did he send by that singular act? That goes a long way τ̅☺ tell you that if tinubu Iڪ given a presidential power,the whole of Nigeria will be pocketed by him

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by malabite3: 5:48pm On Feb 22, 2013
jas_o:

You are novice and refused to know. Tinubu stand for unity and genuennely working for the progress of the SW in a situation Nigeria fail to work. He had no case of infidelity like Obj (having sex with his son's wife).
Obj blindly looted more than any president in the history of this country, He introduced excess crude oil account with objective of looting in the name of maintaining infrastructure. Hire assassin was legalize during his regime; we are still looking for the killer of genuine Yoruba man (Bola Ige). The money injected as claimed on power sector during obj’s regime is enough to stabilize electricity in Nigeria but what did we get? Obasanjo in his devilish and dastard act can't point out something he did to his region while in government. Some Abiola property was confiscated and diverted by this same obj but some were release by Yaradua. Obj declare do or die of election, what else do you need to attest to the fact that this man is filled up with evil and dangerous? He’s good in painting himself good for illiterate, he claims responsibility for all positive results and denied evils obviosly done by him. Prof. Wole Shoyinka, a respected Yoruba son, will be glad relating with Tinubu than obasanjo because he's knowledgeable about evil obj capable of doing.

Your knowledge Iڪ §ø half baked

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by talktimi(m): 6:17pm On Feb 22, 2013
Someone actually said Tinubu's 60th birthday owambe party shookt the entire country. I no fit laugh abeg grin
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by justmythought: 6:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
Oh! thanks for the lucid contribution. I am indeed encouraged knowing critical minds like yours do exist. Now, back to the debate. If I can attempt to reason your point, you are saying as a political office holder, you manage what you've signed up to and yes this is true. But bear in mind we are talking here of Micro vs Macro management. while the state is responsible for managing a segment of a country(Tinubu here), of what use would this be if at the strategic level (FGN..OBJ) the macro economic indices are weak?

As a manager and leader, Obj through the office of NOI rebased the economy, ending fluctuations in our macroeconomic variables which in turn make it viable for a Tinubu to access developmental funds from international institutions like the IMF etc (Before the IGR drives kicked off).

I would also point to national unity and security. Absent the leadership experience of an OBJ, although with reservations in select decisions, I strongly doubt any person would have achieved same,in this regard he did well and I will like to believe he meant well(personal opinion!).

Going to your statement regarding Obj being responsible for a set of legislators(upper and lower), as a matter of fact they are representatives of their constituents, albeit in Nigeria at the moment they represent governors interests and maybe king makers(SAD). What this simply means is, managing a more diverse set of interests from a wide array of geographies. I doubt Tinubu's leadership skills can pull that off, even as we speak, otherwise the much anticipated merger might not have been necessary.

About state projects vs national projects, please ask yourself, how easy is it to pass a national budget compared to a state budget? these answers might explain the expedient nature of state projects in Nigeria.

The footprint laid by Tinubu is what Fashola(Governor extraordinaire) is implementing to our amazement and joy. they share a common goal with a common "heritage". An Obj had a choice to leave for an IBB to recalibrate or a yaradua to follow through.

So please my brother, If you live in Nigeria's gated community, you would know better that its a bigger task to lead a landlords association than a compound.

Holding forth with my views, OBJ Anyday!!!

naptu2:

President Obasanjo was not responsible for the duties of the 36 state governments. He was responsible for the duties of the Federal Government as set out in the constitution. The Federal Government has "one set of legislative, judicial and executive arms of government. For example, President Obasanjo did not have to send bills to state houses of assembly.

(Therefore, you can compare, eg what did Tinubu do with intrastate railways and what did Obasanjo do with interstate railways. No state government is responsible for the activities of the NRC, although they can assist, that's the job of the Feds. Again, what about ambulance services on federal owned interstate expressways?).

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by naptu2: 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2013
justmythought: Oh! thanks for the lucid contribution. I am indeed encouraged knowing critical minds like yours do exist. Now, back to the debate. If I can attempt to reason your point, you are saying as a political office holder, you manage what you've signed up to and yes this is true. But bear in mind we are talking here of Micro vs Macro management. while the state is responsible for managing a segment of a country(Tinubu here), of what use would this be if at the strategic level (FGN..OBJ) the macro economic indices are weak?

As a manager and leader, Obj through the office of NOI rebased the economy, ending fluctuations in our macroeconomic variables which in turn make it viable for a Tinubu to access developmental funds from international institutions like the IMF etc (Before the IGR drives kicked off).

I would also point to national unity and security. Absent the leadership experience of an OBJ, although with reservations in select decisions, I strongly doubt any person would have achieved same,in this regard he did well and I will like to believe he meant well(personal opinion!).

Going to your statement regarding Obj being responsible for a set of legislators(upper and lower), as a matter of fact they are representatives of their constituents, albeit in Nigeria at the moment they represent governors interests and maybe king makers(SAD). What this simply means is, managing a more diverse set of interests from a wide array of geographies. I doubt Tinubu's leadership skills can pull that off, even as we speak, otherwise the much anticipated merger might not have been necessary.

About state projects vs national projects, please ask yourself, how easy is it to pass a national budget compared to a state budget? these answers might explain the expedient nature of state projects in Nigeria.

The footprint laid by Tinubu is what Fashola(Governor extraordinaire) is implementing to our amazement and joy. they share a common goal with a common "heritage". An Obj had a choice to leave for an IBB to recalibrate or a yaradua to follow through.

So please my brother, If you live in Nigeria's gated community, you would know better that its a bigger task to lead a landlords association than a compound.

Finally, you did what I wanted you to do, which is to complete the table of their achievements.

However, with regard to your analogy, it's much easier to lead an association of landlords, where the members are reasonable and gentlemanly characters, than it is to lead a compound of quarrelsome and disagreeable characters.

I would also encourage you to read the constitution, particularly the exclusive, concurrent and residual lists.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by justmythought: 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
If it were from the constitutions' perspective, we might not need to thread these lines to assess achievements of leaders. you seem to know more about these and thus, should know better.

naptu2:

Finally, you did what I wanted you to do, which is to complete the table of their achievements.

However, with regard to your analogy, it's much easier to lead an association of landlords, where the members are reasonable and gentlemanly characters, than it is to lead a compound of quarrelsome and disagreeable characters.

I would also encourage you to read the constitution, particularly the exclusive, concurrent and residual lists.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by juman(m): 7:45pm On Feb 22, 2013
Asiwaju Tinubu is better leader.

OBJ = power miss road.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Gbawe: 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
justmythought: Oh! thanks for the lucid contribution. I am indeed encouraged knowing critical minds like yours do exist. Now, back to the debate. If I can attempt to reason your point, you are saying as a political office holder, you manage what you've signed up to and yes this is true. But bear in mind we are talking here of Micro vs Macro management. while the state is responsible for managing a segment of a country(Tinubu here), of what use would this be if at the strategic level (FGN..OBJ) the macro economic indices are weak?

The critical flaw in your argument is that you dock scores for Tinubu relating to a non-existent scorecard. Tinubu has never been President of Nigeria and there is no way, if equitable in outlook, you will ever say with certainty that he would not have performed as well as or even far better than OBJ. It is therefore patently unfair to grant OBJ a win because of his leadership using tools of office Tinubu never had.

Likewise, OBJ has not been a Governor so it is pointless maligning him negatively in comparison to Tinubu in that regard.

Vitali Klitscho may have been in a position where he knocked out very big opponents but does that make him a better pugilist, in the purist sense, than Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao?

For the sake of argument using empirically effective judging parameters, why not simply compare their leadership using an area they can both be judged directly alongside each other?

Why not look at them as Party leaders with the duty of positioning their Party as efficiently as possible in the same region? Look at their activities over time in perhaps the only role they can be compared like for like and it will be crystal clear OBJ is not close to Tinubu in terms of leadership skills and natural ability.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2013
OBJ the OGA NLA of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Obstey01: 8:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sapphire86: There is no comparison. Its lyk comparing Harvard n UNILAG; Obama n Jonathan.
OBJ rules anyday anytime anywhere. Even America picks OBJ ova Tinubu.
You've said it all. You guys are just manifesting ur personal hatred 4 OBJ here. haba! OBJ to Tinubu??
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
aduboy: Tinubu is a better leader any day. You judge by the person he handed over power to after his reign as governor.
hmm.so you mean tinubu selected the leader after him.there was no election?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by mkoabiola: 8:47pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ds is d most fookish question of d century.
Ask a primary school pupil,he will spit on ur face.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by mindyourword: 8:47pm On Feb 22, 2013
THEY ARE INCOMPARABLE, LET TINUBU GO TO PRISON AND COME BACK, LET HIM
JOIN NIGERIAN ARMY, LET HIM PLAN COUP AND BE SUCCESSFUL, LET HIM HAND
OVER MILLITARY GOVERNMENT TO THE CIVILIAN, LET HIM GO TO SCHOOL OF JUMATU
AL ISLAM SCHOOL OF MISSIONARY AND LET HIM RULE THIS COUNTRY BEFORE WE START
COMPARISM. TINUBU IS MILLITANT BUT NOT MORE THAN OBJ. LET TINUBU GET TO 80YEARS
OLD BEFORE THE COMPARISM.MY PEOPLE THE ANTECEDENT OF OBJ OVERWHELM TINUBU'S
ANTECEDENT.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by babyphaze07(m): 9:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
Tinubu is a child to Obj now. Tinubu is a regional leader who has lost his ground in Ekiti, Ondo. He does not have a say in north neither in d East. Yoruba dont appreciate Obj but is a respected man here in SE and SS. Obj is a respected man all over the world, Tinubu will never match his status.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by justmythought: 9:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
Gbawe:

The critical flaw in your argument is that you dock scores for Tinubu relating to a non-existent scorecard. Tinubu has never been President of Nigeria and there is no way, if equitable in outlook, you will ever say with certainty that he would not have performed as well as or even far better than OBJ. It is therefore patently unfair to grant OBJ a win because of his leadership using tools of office Tinubu never had.

Likewise, OBJ has not been a Governor so it is pointless maligning him negatively in comparison to Tinubu in that regard.

Vitali Klitscho may have been in a position where he knocked out very big opponents but does that make him a better pugilist, in the purist sense, than Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao?

For the sake of argument using empirically effective judging parameters, why not simply compare their leadership using an area they can both be judged directly alongside each other?

Why not look at them as Party leaders with the duty of positioning their Party as efficiently as possible in the same region? Look at their activities over time in perhaps the only role they can be compared like for like and it will be crystal clear OBJ is not close to Tinubu in terms of leadership skills and natural ability.

Another great view! Am getting increasingly excited about the future of Nigeria. For the record, have maintained my argument or counter within context. It would be a plus if you have followed the trail.

For the sake of argument however, let us first explore the concept of leadership.

Leadership has been described as “a process of social influence in which one person can enlist the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a common task"(Chemers M. 1997). The leader may or may not have any formal authority. Studies of leadership have produced theories involving traits--situational interaction, function, behavior, power, vision and values, charisma, and intelligence, among others. Somebody whom people follow: somebody who guides or directs others. (Locke et al 1991).

In the light of an equitable scorecard, lets isolate the following:

Situational interaction

function

behavior

vision and values

charisma

intelligence

moving on...

Participative or democratic style
The democratic leadership style consists of the leader sharing the decision-making abilities with group members by promoting the interests of the group members and by practicing social equality(wiki)

Autocratic or authoritarian style
Under the autocratic leadership style, all decision-making powers are centralized in the leader, as with dictators.

Engaging style
These initiatives do for the organization is engage both leaders and employees in understanding the existing conditions and how they can collectively assist in addressing them.

Autocratic or authoritarian style
Under the autocratic leadership style, all decision-making powers are centralized in the leader, as with dictators.(wiki)

Transactional and transformational(Eric Berne, ISBN 0-345-28473-9)
The transactional leader is given power to perform certain tasks and reward or punish for the team's performance. It gives the opportunity to the manager to lead the group and the group agrees to follow his lead to accomplish a predetermined goal in exchange for something else.

Mr(s) gbawe have identified these leadership characteristics, let score them on the scale of one to ten. no ambiguity any more. hopefully we can identify the better leader.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by ekwerendi(m): 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2013
Obj ofcourse ....him no get match
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 10:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
Must we all be led by the blindness of the few who had failed to diffrenciate between right and wrong.
Check ur enphyclopedea read something about nigeria,come back and share your experience
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by badassnigga(m): 10:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
Gbongbonosi: its only fooled will may answer your question

dude, am gonna throw a fukin dictionary at ur face
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by honprof1(m): 1:13am On Feb 23, 2013
jas_o: When you talk of leader it has to go with quality of the person in the sphere of deliverables.
Tinubu as formal governor of Lagos state introduce most of people benefit project that other states now used to efficiently govern their people.
In Yoruba land what Tinubu is presently doing - is to create an environment where people will be seeing as normal human being.
He introduce BRT to eliminate disconnect between the reach and the poor. This is what good governance is all about, bringing the poor and the rich together, with this; people feel less superior and subsequently reduce the interest to loot.
You can’t point something good to Obj. the only thing that can be attributed to him is corruption, because his regime compliment, institutionalize and bring impunity into corruption menace.

I hardlty write here cos of my busy time , Sir, u need to look around well to know that Tinubu is the worstin d world...I know him better than how his PA knows so try to know him.... Talking about corruption,is common among them all, Tinubu sources for money at detriment of Lagosian's Life ,
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by honprof1(m): 1:14am On Feb 23, 2013
jas_o: When you talk of leader it has to go with quality of the person in the sphere of deliverables.
Tinubu as formal governor of Lagos state introduce most of people benefit project that other states now used to efficiently govern their people.
In Yoruba land what Tinubu is presently doing - is to create an environment where people will be seeing as normal human being.
He introduce BRT to eliminate disconnect between the reach and the poor. This is what good governance is all about, bringing the poor and the rich together, with this; people feel less superior and subsequently reduce the interest to loot.
You can’t point something good to Obj. the only thing that can be attributed to him is corruption, because his regime compliment, institutionalize and bring impunity into corruption menace.

I hardlty write here cos of my busy time , Sir, u need to look around well to know that Tinubu is the worstin d world...I know him better than how his PA knows so try to know him.... Talking about corruption,is common among them all, Tinubu sources for money at detriment of Lagosian's Life ,
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by frederal(m): 2:17am On Feb 23, 2013
both are thieves, no leadership traits or do u mean leadership in looting-both has shown exemplary leadership.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by EkoIle1: 5:08am On Feb 23, 2013
malabite3:

I strongly disagree ώį̸̸̨ƭƕ you. Tinubu single handedly hand picked all the contestants ΐϞ the last election.wht kind of signal απϑ message did he send by that singular act? That goes a long way τ̅☺ tell you that if tinubu Iڪ given a presidential power,the whole of Nigeria will be pocketed by him

Unfortunately for you, the folks Tinubu picked are the best performing governors in Nigeria and the one he picked to succeed him is the best governor in Nigeria. Nigeria is a very corrupt country so when you open up the primary process, the candidate with the deepest pocket full of money to bribe his way to the top is going to be the winner and not the best man for the job. For now, picking the best candidates within the party remains the best option based on our realities in Nigeria.

What did you get with GEJ and his party with their primary charade? A show of shame and embarrassment with incompetent PDP president and governors all over the country.

Set aside your hatred my friend, Tinubu is a wise man. Producing the best and the most competent civil servant in Nigeria and Liberating the whole of SW and producing competent people to run the SW is not an easy task.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Benjoh(m): 5:25am On Feb 23, 2013
SHOLYMENT: Aahhh, mediocrity at its peak, obj never had respect for thugs...its Tinubus specialization, he embrace thugeries and even fiance them during his tenure as lagos gov...this has bin one reasons he had dispute with fashola...moreover, his political career was even built on political pandemonium. He has enslave part of southwest and only ondo state rejected his stupid offer...do u knw he is now Cahncelor in Lautech? What a mirrage? Am sorry for southwest
Imagine what you are saying that Obasanjo never had respect for thugs but he can go and lie down for Ibadan chief of Thugs,where did u get ur findings self can't see what is happening in the south west? Obasanjo can not win election in his ward not to talk of his constituency,all those Obasanjo followers are now regretting e.g Olagunsoye Oyinlola a just sacked national deputy chairman and also Former Molested Gov.of Ekiti state,Segun Oni also sacked from the PDP national secretary. Had it been Obasanjo is a good leader can these be happening to his followers?he would have been respected by all PDP members but the opposite. Tinubu people floods south west and all are averagely doing well and same time sing praise on Tinubu,Offspring of Tinubu are;Fashola,Ajiomobi,Aregbesola,Oshiomole,e.t.c. Ok tell me people that Obasanjo introduce to us that does well. Tinubu is far better Leader down Obasajo pls.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Yoola2007(m): 7:43am On Feb 23, 2013
naptu2: Complete the following:

Tinubu

1) Lagos State Ambulance Service (Lasambus)

2) Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system.

3) Skills acquisition centre (Tekunle, etc)

4) LASTMA, KAI and other regulatory agencies.

5) Road reconstruction (Awolowo Rd, Akin Adesola, etc)

6) City Bus (failed programme, but good idea).

7) Lagos Rail Transit (LRT) system

Obasanjo:

1) Excess crude account

2) National Integrated Power Project (IPP)

3) GSM license auction.

4) EFCC

You seems to be partial in this your submission .....what about 1) Banking Reforms 2) Payment of outstanding World bank Loan 3) Use of square peg in a square hole for the first time in Nigeria History at the federal executive council level ....it will highly be unfair to compare both leaders even in south west OBASANJO is still more respected and appreciated than TINUBU that has been trying hard to undermine Awolowo dynasty in Yorubaland.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by smemud(m): 7:54am On Feb 23, 2013
chucky234: You cant point something good to OBJ? Did I hear that well,you must be a chronic goon to have said that.
OBJ may not be a perfect leader but he was exceptional for the 8 years he was in goverment,yes he looted public funds but not as much what Tinubu looted in Lagos and he is still looting out Lagos dry. BRT ko BRT ni,beetle-heeded goon.
OBJ was able to polish the country image and re-establish the country to international scene after being battered and stained by the regime of Gen. Abacha.
He succeeded in winning at least some
Western support for strengthening
Nigeria's nascent democracy. Britain
and the United States, in particular,
were glad to have an African ally who
was openly critical of abuses committed
in Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe at a time when many other African nations
(including South Africa) were taking a
softer stance. Obasanjo also won
international praise for Nigeria's role in
crucial regional peacekeeping missions
in Sierra Leone and Liberia. The
international community was guided in
its approach to Obasanjo in part by
Nigeria's status as one of the world's 10 biggest oil exporters as well as by fears that, as the continent's most populous nation, Nigerian internal divisions risked negatively affecting the entire continent.
Before Obasanjo's administration
Nigeria's GDP growth had been
painfully slow since 1987, and only
managed 3% between 1999/2000.
However, under Obasanjo the growth
rate doubled to 6% until he left office,
helped in part by higher oil prices.
Nigeria's foreign reserves rose from $2
billion in 1999 to $43 billion on leaving
office in 2007. He was able to secure
debt pardons from the Paris and London club amounting to some $18 billion and paid another $18 Billion to be debt free.
Most of these loans were secured and
spent by past corrupt officials.
In 2005 the international community
gave Nigeria's government its first pass
mark for its anti-corruption efforts.
However, a growing number of critics
within Nigeria have accused Obasanjo's
government of selectively targeting his
anti-corruption drive against political
opponents and ethnic militants, ignoring growing concerns about wide-scale corruption within his own inner political circle.
Obasanjo is a member of the Africa
Progress Panel (APP), a group of ten
distinguished individuals who advocate
at the highest levels for equitable and
sustainable development in Africa.
Every year, the Panel releases a report,
the Africa Progress Report, that outlines an issue of immediate importance to the continent and suggests a set of associated policies. In 2012, the Africa Progress Report highlighted issues of Jobs, Justice, and Equity.
The 2013 report will outline issues relating to oil, gas, and mining in Africa.
Obasanjo was recently appointed
Special Envoy by UN Secretary General
Ban Ki-Moon to the war-torn Democratic Republic of the Congo. He has held separate meetings with DRC President Joseph Kabila and rebel leader Laurent Nkunda.
In the first place,
Obasanjo harps on his economic
programmes that he never forgets to
proclaim are the only hope for Nigeria’s future. These programmes in one instance have led to the transformation of the banking sector and the consolidation of Nigerian banks. Now there are twenty five banks all with at least a N25 billion liquid asset base.
It was also under his regime that
Nigeria became a beneficiary of the debt relief packages from the Paris and
London clubs. These packages ensure
that the heavy financial burden that the
Nigerian state bears at its yearly
budgets to service debts from past
governments is relieved. For the
payment of $12 billion of the principal,
Nigeria is forgiven its debts totaling $32 billion. This actually translates into a cancellation of the money owed to
governments and agencies in the West.
A plausible stimulant for this
arrangement is the recognition by the
West that if Africa continues to fall
behind in the human development
indices, new ideologies hostile to the
west and even civilization as we know it
could increasingly find breeding ground.
The situation across much of Africa
requires the intervention on multiple
formats by the West if portions of the
globe are not to be left open for
ideologies whose only modern
instruments are modern weapons.
Besides, the impact of the growth in
Asia and Latin America provides
convincing evidence that investment
capital is the seed for economic growth
which in turn goes a long way in
producing stable societies. With debt
relief and economic aid, key ingredients
are released to aid Nigeria as she
strives for economic growth.
mumu
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by Gbawe: 8:23am On Feb 23, 2013
Yoola2007:

You seems to be partial in this your submission .....what about 1) Banking Reforms 2) Payment of outstanding World bank Loan 3) Use of square peg in a square hole for the first time in Nigeria History at the federal executive council level ....it will highly be unfair to compare both leaders even in south west OBASANJO is still more respected and appreciated than TINUBU that has been trying hard to undermine Awolowo dynasty in Yorubaland.

With all due respect, are you talking about the "Yorubaland" geographically located in the South-Western part of Nigeria or the one on Planet Mars? Because only the latter can accommodate the incredibly unbelievable and ludicrously false statement you make below. In your view, a people "appreciate" a leader by booting his daughter out of office and rejecting his 'anointed' everywhere? Na wa sha for the sentimentality of Nigerians.

OBASANJO is still more respected and appreciated than TINUBU that has been trying hard to undermine Awolowo dynasty in Yorubaland.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by dnext1(m): 9:35am On Feb 23, 2013
mindyourword: THEY ARE INCOMPARABLE, LET TINUBU GO TO PRISON AND COME BACK, LET HIM
ANTECEDENT.

Thanks and may God increase u in wisdom and understanding. You just drop it like i should.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by dnext1(m): 9:36am On Feb 23, 2013
mindyourword: THEY ARE INCOMPARABLE, LET TINUBU GO TO PRISON AND COME BACK, LET HIM
ANTECEDENT.
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by lateef4me(m): 11:39am On Feb 23, 2013
We've got to give it to Tinubu though he's more corrupt SYSTEMATICALLY than OBJ...
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by nwabumalyahoo: 11:48am On Feb 23, 2013
is a pity that after 50yrs of independence we are yet to have true Leaders. the 2 are just nothing but corrupt leaders
Re: Obasanjo And Tinubu: Who Is A Better Leader? by segxyrema: 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
If u want to compare leaders not obj with tinubu.
As worst as GEJ is today u can't compare him with tinubu
Pls next time line tinubu with Ngige,dora akiyuli,ayo fayose etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Disagree With Governor Makinde On Calls For Ayu's Removal - Osun State PDP / Wike Gives Commissioner 24 Hours To Start The Road Project Or Risk Being Sacked / Imo Governor, Hope Uzodinma Accussed Of Falsifying His Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.