Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,444 members, 7,826,704 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience (3683 Views)

Signs That You Are In The Friend Zone And You Dont Even Know It! / Escaping The Friend Zone. / Chubby Ladies On Nairaland,pls Share Your Love Life Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience by redcliff: 11:41am On Feb 22, 2013
[img]http://2.bp..com/-8KCFc3x3oBo/UJ_GFi3BM2I/AAAAAAAAAcE/p1-N_LuP-1g/s1600/friend-zone-girl-meme-generator-you-are-so-amazing-i-wish-i-could-find-a-guy-like-you-2c373c.jpg[/img]

I’d been hearing about it since I was a kid. It’s this really incredible place where you’re condemned to hearing about the shenanigans of other guys from this object of your lustful (or maybe not so lustful) affections. And you simply will never hit that. In this life or the next. So you’re there for her. You doo things for her, in the hopes that one day, one day corruption will stop in Nigeria. Wait what? What am I talking about? Sorry! In the hopes that one day a flock of pigs will fly and give you good luck. Ugh sorry again! I got carried away. Well you get the idea.To be really honest, there’s nothing wrong with the friend-zone (I hear 2pac and Biggie live there together). Everybody needs a friend. But nobody wants to be a victim of un-requited lust.

I’ll tell you a small story. There’s no man without at least one of these stories. I don’t care who you are; Casanova or Don Quixote, you’ve taken a left turn and landed in the FZ. Back to the story; so I was this gangly teenager in my freshman year in College. There was this really hot girl in my class that was the end-all, be-all of my fantasies. God was she hot (let’s forget that I saw her recently and she was frumpy as my grandma’s prom dress). She was friends with my cousin who was also in freshman class. So the “in”, was easy. We hit it off immediately. Had her laughing in 10 seconds flat. I’m feeling you, I said. She had a boyfriend, she said. She handed me my tenancy agreement; I like you, I want you around. You know, in my life. She was nice enough to say at least. I signed that tenancy agreement in blood, man.

I won’t go into all my travails in that forbidden forest but I’ll share the event turned around my life as a wussball. It was summer-heatwave hot. We were trying to get off-campus and there was no student transport for some reason and we had quite a distance to trek to get out of the campus and find alternative transport. I wasn’t given to such a torturous walk. Landlady was insistent and so I agreed. I mean who argues with their Landlady. Besides, it meant more time with the object of my affection. We were half-way through this long walk when she got a call. It turned out to be one of ‘toasters’ she rolled her eyes as she picked. I chuckled what a sucker. As they talked he pulled up right next to us. Jump in, he said. And she did, without second thought. She had told me he was a scumbag that only wanted to jump her bones. Sleaze-bag she had called him and such. Who was I to judge? It was respite. Then I tried to open the backseat door. Lol. It was locked. The window came down, and the cold room A/C blew onto my skin. Lord. I’ll see you later, WS, she said. Mwaah.
Yes, mwaah. I was halfway through a one mile walk I didn’t want to take and all I had for a companion was a Mwaah. Unicorns died in my heart, bro.
Hahahaha. In retrospect, it’s funny as hell. And I’m laughing hard as I type this. But lord. Sweat mixed with tears, my brother, so I trudged. Let’s get back to you. You’ve been or are in that forbidden country, let’s help you find your way home.
1. Be honest from the get-go. Yes You want her. Don’t be creepy about it, but be honest. You want to hit that. Simple. As an example, I’ve said these exact words to a young woman before. “Hi, my name is WS, I think you just might be hot enough for me to, against all odds, fornicate with you. Come with me please” let’s forget that she was a total blonde and I had to explain the biblical concept of fornication to her. But oh fornicate, we did. The idea is to lay your cards out from the get-go so there are no misconceptions. True, nobody wants to be the pervert that tells a woman his real intentions (Girls want to have fun, guys want to f–err play scrabble ). But it’s what you want anyway! Why lie about, and hide it?

2. This should actually be rule number one. Establish the framing. In fact in all your dealings with women, this should be your Bible and Torah and Tasbih. Let me explain. We live in a society where the frame is toward the feminine imperative. How? The heroes in most stories are working hard to please/win the affections of some woman some where. Django went through all of that BS, not for a bag of gold but to meet his Brumhilde. Explains why his D is silent, in my quiet opinion. There’s the Prince in Snow White who slayed dragons and shii just to kiss a comatose woman. It goes on and on. Most guys want to get rich so they can get all the beaches they want, really. It’s the sad fact. Back to her. She’s used to guys jumping through hoops to be with her. Some splash money, some splash lyrics. Just so she can choose them. No, break that. You chose/choose/will choose her. In as subtle a manner as possible, you need to reverse the onus of choice to you. So you’re the one who decides whether or not y’all are getting together or not. So if you’re friends, let it be that it so happened because you caused it to be so, not as an incidental occurrence.

3. Kill your scarcity mentality. This ranks right up there with number 2. Most guys act like if they don’t get a particular girl, they will literally drop to the ground and die. She’s hot or worse, she’s a great girl and you fell in love. In the words of the Yoruba people, yeekpa. Big deal. You’ll find another if she doesn’t jell. You meet a girl, you want her, she doesn’t want you. Sorry sah, okay bye. There will be others. If you live to be hundred, you’ll meet hundred women for every year you’ve lived. You’ll score with 20% depending on how persuasive you are. 20 hot women a lifetime is better than dying at the FZ altar. You’re a prize, my man. You need to remember that. There are too many wuss-balls in this life for you not to be the special one. It’s the unfortunate fact but you will always find women that will proverbially jiggle your golf-balls.

READ COMPLETE STORY
Re: The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience by NET1(m): 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2013
you are amazing.

.NET
Re: The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience by tpia5: 7:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
what's the thread supposed to be about?

later now una go dey talk say make una love interests no mention say una toast dem.
Re: The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience by jesusisgood(f): 10:09pm On Feb 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience by jesusisgood(f): 10:10pm On Feb 22, 2013
tpia@:
what's the thread supposed to be about?

later now una go dey talk say make una love interests no mention say una toast dem.

This thread is geared toward men. We understand what the OP said, in its entirety.
Re: The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is exactly what i tell my friends.....

1 Like

Re: The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:42pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hmmm....this is really nice! **smiles**

1 Like

Re: The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience by True2myself24(f): 1:41am On Mar 01, 2013
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 01, 2013
Really works... before i used to make the girls the center of attraction, i got messed, my heart almost broken, the you guys on Nairaland came(God bless Y'all)and saved me, firstly was this guy Taik2 in this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/396243/how-maintain-control-woman#5487636

Just recently a girl i started going out with said to me "Dearie,why is it that you make it seem if i am not with you i am missing the whole world" i pretended i didnt hear what she said and aske her to repeat herself, she did..... THAT WAS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY DATING LIFE.
It meant that i have come of age, and this chick i havent spent a single dime on her,but she has would get me anything i ask her for, but i am not that type, severally when i have gone to visit her in her house,she has pracically begged me to eat, or take something,or just accept something from her,it's always a flat no, i laugh when i remember how happy she was the day i agreed to drink a glass of water, it's just so amazing,we laugh about her suitors who shower her with lots of gifts, we take time to talk them and all of that, and i am like are Men still this dumb?,Total control TINZ my brothers....

PS;"THE SEX IS ALWAYS BREATHTAKING"!!!

1 Like

Re: The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience by tpia5: 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
most of the males complaining about all this friend zone stuff are oversexed imo.

sex addiction or masturbation things.
Re: The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yet another friend zone thread.

I like this writeup though.
Re: The "Friend-zone Of Life" Experience by mencade5(m): 5:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
op nice write up and quite elaborate. There is a biiiiitch in this thread trying to spoil it for you. Dont mind her

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Renowned Singer Is In Sizzling Romance With His Sister / Early Marriage Or Late Marriage Which Is Better? / When A Girl Says "Tell Me A Story.." Anyone Got Good Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.