Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

How A Western Muslim Left Islam - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How A Western Muslim Left Islam (6541 Views)

Liz Anjorin ON Why She Left Christianity For Islam / Ex-muslim Tell Why They Left Islam / Why I Left Islam - By Alaya Mukti Akhtar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 8:41am On Mar 06, 2013
fellis:
Why does it matter?

I am very sure that Mt Babadeen knows it does.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 8:43am On Mar 06, 2013
fellis:
Why does it matter?

I am very sure that Mr Babadeen knows why it does.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by justaqad(m): 8:48am On Mar 06, 2013
hmmmmmmmmm na wa oooooo
logicboi shay u are happy now?
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by LagosShia: 6:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
maclatunji:

@Lagosshia, are you capable of reading people's hearts now for you to say Abu Sufyan's conversion to Islam is not genuine? What is it with you, your crew and ipso facto arguments.

It is very queer that you seek to elaborate on issues that the Prophet (SAW) chose to deemphasize. You cannot love Islam more than its last Prophet (SAW). Hence, I urge you to spare us some of your revisionist ideologies?

@Betathings, just ignore LagosShia and Co. sometimes to avoid derailing threads with unnecessary arguments.

Well,the one you're siding with for no truth,no justice,no reason,and no Islam has been exposed.I'm shocked you're advicing him to ignore me,and not advicing me to ignore him.is this Maclatunji "the mod" or "the user" expressing his views,or both? I contributed in this thread with the aim of clarifying doubts a non-muslim was trying to cast in the minds of Muslims.someone who I don't know what he thinks of himself wants to engage a follower of Muhammad (sa) and his Ahlul-Bayt (as) on Islam,to promote his sectarian views,which are not grounded in Islam but thread on deep historical distortions.that's for another day because I'm done with him in this thread.

My dear brother in Islam (if you're pleased I address you with that title to express my sincere advice to you) it does no one a favor not to read,and worse to conceal the facts and accuse others of a "revisionist history/ideologies".you should find out who are those who have made Abu Talib (as)-the father of Imam Ali and uncle of the Prophet (sa)- a "kafir",and have made Abu Sufya,from Usthman's clan and the father of Muawiya and grandfather of Yazeed,a "mu'meen".then discover the hidden reasons.I have not presented any revised ideology or history,but what is found written in Sunni and Shia books written centuries ago on issues that took place in Islamic history from the time of the Prophet (sa) and his Ahlul-Bayt (as) and sahaba.the problem is in those who conceal the truth like the Ahlul-Kitab, condemned by Allah in the Quran,do.

I do not seek argument or debate;not even discussing what I've said.I don't need to force what is truth on anyone.if you're interested,I can simply direct you to materials you can read,examine and verify on your own,to see what I'm saying.then if at all,you will just know who Abu Sufyan was,the man who wanted to give baya'ah to Imam Ali (as) against Abu Bakr to instigate a bloodshed of muslims over the caliphate,to weaken and destroy,and eventually eliminate Islam from within (the wish the hypocrites held),something Imam Ali (as) saw and refrained from doing to retake (by force) what was rightfully his bestowed by Allah and the Prophet (sa),in the interest of Islam.however today,we as Shia still do have the interest of Islam as Imam Ali (as) did.but that doesn't mean we shouldn't read,talk or preach-something others prefer not to,and to conceal the truth,and shed Shia blood from Pakistan to Iraq and elsewhere.

Salam.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 10:33am On Mar 07, 2013
fellis:
Why does it matter?

BTW. These are addressed to Mr Babadeen

maclatunji:

I have my eyes on you. #Iknow

Paschal007: : Abdulsleek you no dey tire? Lol
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Babadeen(m): 10:38am On Mar 07, 2013
smiley

Clap for yourself, Betathings!
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 11:11am On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen: smiley

Clap for yourself, Betathings!

Thanks. I have done so. BTW is it beta, and not bitter?
But seriously, be true to yourself. You don't need these underhand tactics
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Babadeen(m): 11:13am On Mar 07, 2013
BetaThings:

Thanks. I have done so
But seriously, be true to yourself. You don't need these underhand tactics

smiley

For once, you responded well to a joke.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 11:16am On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:

smiley
For once, you responded well to a joke.

Oh, I do joke and enjoy jokes. But there are some things I am not allowed to joke about.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Babadeen(m): 11:22am On Mar 07, 2013
BetaThings:

Oh, I do joke and enjoy jokes. But there are some things I am not allowed to joke about.

Since we are on our good sides today, please answer this question;

Looking at this thread, how can you have faith in islam, when I, an atheist, can cause so much disruption between muslims- pro-wife beating vs non-wife beating; shia vs sunni etc.?

You could try to do this to atheists by starting up a thread about an ex-atheist leaving for islam but the replies you will get might be from different perspectives never contradictory.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by maclatunji: 11:36am On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:

Looking at this thread, how can you have faith in islam, when I, an atheist, can cause so much disruption between muslims- pro-wife beating vs non-wife beating; shia vs sunni etc.?

You could try to do this to atheists by starting up a thread about an ex-atheist leaving for islam but the replies you will get might be from different perspectives never contradictory.

He who is down fears no fall.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Babadeen(m): 11:58am On Mar 07, 2013
maclatunji:

Abeg, Pete Edochie is an igbo christian man. grin
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 12:12pm On Mar 07, 2013
maclatunji:

Hahahahahaha
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 12:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:

The fundamentals unite us. For instance on wife-beating, there are at least two highly revered scholars who never got married. And since many bachelors/spinsters "teach" the subject of marriage on the net, I don't dabble into it because positions are often unrealistic
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Babadeen(m): 12:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
BetaThings:

The fundamentals unite us. For instance on wife-beating, there are at least two highly revered scholars who never got married. And since many bachelors/spinsters "teach" the subject of marriage on the net, I don't dabble into it because positions are often unrealistic

lol.....and your married clerics on youtube that preach wife beatings vs the ones that preach against it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChnpaMK1oLQ

The fights between Sunni and shia.

You are not united

I give up. This denial is the hallmark of the Nairaland faithful. Even as diverse as atheists are on opinions/principle, we are as no were a fragmented as divided as you lot.

I give up. Even the division on this thread is for all to see.

I like how Maclatunji uses the phrase "he that is down"

Unfortunately, he doesnt realise the one that is truly down and living in an eternal denial

smiley
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:
You are not united
I give up. This denial is the hallmark of the Nairaland faithful. Even as diverse as atheists are on opinions/principle, we are as no were a fragmented as divided as you lot.
I give up. Even the division on this thread is for all to see.

We are not united. I agree.
Thank you for giving up. Peace at last!
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Babadeen(m): 1:45pm On Mar 07, 2013
BetaThings:

We are not united. I agree.
Thank you for giving up. Peace at last!
Which peace? You that came to this thread to fight Lagoshia and his Shia doctrine.

The part that even pissed me off was where maclatunji told you to ignore Lagoshia as if you contributed anything to this thread. At least Lagoshia was here trying to explain wife beating and other issues before you came.

SMH.......I'll leave you to your "peaceful" attacks on the shia and the "moderating" moderate Mod smiley
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:
Which peace? You that came to this thread to fight Lagoshia and his Shia doctrine.

The part that even pissed me off was where maclatunji told you to ignore Lagoshia as if you contributed anything to this thread. At least Lagoshia was here trying to explain wife beating and other issues before you came.

SMH.......I'll leave you to your "peaceful" attacks on the shia and the "moderating" moderate Mod smiley

Thanks for your understanding. I am sorry that I did not further your agenda on this thread. Maybe on another thread, I will allow you to lead me by the nose
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Babadeen(m): 3:23pm On Mar 07, 2013
BetaThings:

Thanks for your understanding. I am sorry that I did not further your agenda on this thread. Maybe on another thread, I will allow you to lead me by the nose

Agenda? Lol.....If I truly had an agenda dont you think it has worked already? grin grin
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 5:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:

Agenda? Lol.....If I truly had an agenda dont you think it has worked already? grin grin

As you wish
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Babadeen(m): 5:28pm On Mar 07, 2013
BetaThings:

As you wish

Dont worry, I know you peeps are afraid of the ominous presence towards religion that atheists represent.

Ever since the Abdulsaleek incident, muslims like you have been checking profiles of all kaffir posters to look for an agenda. There was even one Abdul (a real muslim) that innocently came for help and people were calling him Abdulsleek. grin grin

If my agenda was to cause disharmony on Nairaland muslim section, I must have succeeded. cheesy

Unfortunately, I am not a bigot and that is not my agenda. My presence here is simple; I want people to think hard about their religion. I'm an open book, I dont lie about my views about islam or religion. I praise islam where it is due (eg Zakat, Ramadan food and its early contribution to science in the golden age) and I criticise islam.

Check all my posts and they are consistent- my views on islam and wife beating, slavery, marriage to non muslims, freedom of speech etc.

Not even Tbaba can argue that he has been consistent on this forum. I know, I debunked him long ago. smiley

However, I do wonder if some muslims here really believe that I'm Shaytan or a Jinn is controlling me to do these things- you never know, anything is possible when one has faith. smiley
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 07, 2013
BetaThings:
BTW. These are addressed to Mr Babadeen

What? Logicboy is Babadeen? From Abdulsleek to Saluman to Babadeen? How does he even come up with these names?
Lol. This Logicboy you be real madman grin

2 Likes

Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 6:56pm On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:
Dont worry, I know you peeps are afraid of the ominous presence towards religion that atheists represent.

Ever since the Abdulsaleek incident, muslims like you have been checking profiles of all kaffir posters to look for an agenda. There was even one Abdul (a real muslim) that innocently came for help and people were calling him Abdulsleek. grin grin
If my agenda was to cause disharmony on Nairaland muslim section, I must have succeeded. cheesy

Unfortunately, I am not a bigot and that is not my agenda. My presence here is simple; I want people to think hard about their religion. I'm an open book, I dont lie about my views about islam or religion. I praise islam where it is due (eg Zakat, Ramadan food and its early contribution to science in the golden age) and I criticise islam.
Check all my posts and they are consistent- my views on islam and wife beating, slavery, marriage to non muslims, freedom of speech etc.
Not even Tbaba can argue that he has been consistent on this forum. I know, I debunked him long ago. smiley
However, I do wonder if some muslims here really believe that I'm Shaytan or a Jinn is controlling me to do these things- you never know, anything is possible when one has faith. smiley

I think about my religion - how to know more, be better at the mandatory, interact better with family, muslims, friends, and society at large
But I have no regard for the thinking abilities of atheists. They have missed the basics. (Let us not waste time debating it - that decision is set in stone, although name-calling and abuses will be gladly received). So your wanting me to think about anything actually smacks of excessive indulgence in self adulation
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Babadeen(m): 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2013
fellis:

What? Logicboy is Babadeen? From Abdulsleek to Saluman to Babadeen? How does he even come up with these names?
Lol. This Logicboy you be real madman grin

Omg......lmao......I didnt even think about that.......so funny.

The names are all mixtures of how I feel and islamic names.

Tbaba + Deen = Babadeen

Abdul + Sleeky = Abdulsleek

Suleiman = Saluman

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Babadeen(m): 7:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
BetaThings:

I think about my religion - how to know more, be better at the mandatory, interact better with family, muslims, friends, and society at large
But I have no regard for the thinking abilities of atheists. They have missed the basics. (Let us not waste time debating it - that decision is set in stone, although name-calling and abuses will be gladly received). So your wanting me to think about anything actually smacks of excessive indulgence in self adulation

lol......I'm waiting for Justaqad to come and handle you.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen:
Omg......lmao......I didnt even think about that.......so funny.
The names are all mixtures of how I feel and islamic names.
Tbaba + Deen = Babadeen
Abdul + Sleeky = Abdulsleek
Suleiman = Saluman
grin grin grin grin grin

This boy you no well at all grin

Anyway always announce that you are the same person as Logicboy whenever you come up with a new username so as to avoid looking like a deceitful pretender because once people start seeing you as deceitful they stop taking you seriously.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
BetaThings:

Don't mind him.

He is just doing all this because he is addicted to arguing and debating.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by BetaThings: 7:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
fellis:

Don't mind him.

He is just doing all this because he is addicted to arguing and debating.

Why not go to Sports, Jokes, celebrities etc sections?
He actually has a thing about Islam. The guy would be in the hospital without being able to bash Islam
It actually keeps him alive and functioning.

1 Like

Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Babadeen(m): 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2013
I hardly laugh at the islam section.

Thanks for the laughs and psychoanalysis, Felis and Betathings. smiley
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
BetaThings:

Why not go to Sports, Jokes, celebrities etc sections?
He actually has a thing about Islam. The guy would be in the hospital without being able to bash Islam
It actually keeps him alive and functioning.

LWKMD grin

You really know how addictions are.
Withdrawing is very difficult for the sufferer, it feels as if they are going to die if they stop doing what they are addicted to doing.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
Babadeen: I hardly laugh at the islam section.
Thanks for the laughs and psychoanalysis, Felis and Betathings. smiley

You're welcome.
Re: How A Western Muslim Left Islam by Babadeen(m): 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
fellis:

LWKMD grin

You really know how addictions are.
Withdrawing is very difficult for the sufferer, it feels as if they are going to die if they stop doing what they are addicted to doing.

You must really enjoy feeling better than others and judging them. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Muslims Easily Brainwashed / The Importance Of Reading The Qur'an With Tajweed / Busta Rhymes Talks About His Being Muslim (islam Is Fake Anyone? Pt2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.