Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old (27105 Views)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / Mum Still Thinks I'm A Virgin / She Slaps Me Anytime We Fight —husband Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Fhemmmy: 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
eldoradoxx: Try slapping back, it helps. That was how I stopped mine from hitting me and ever since then she respects me!

You think she respects you? She is crying inside for you and you think it is called respect?

2 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
eldoradoxx: Try slapping back, it helps. That was how I stopped mine from hitting me and ever since then she respects me!
,no hear her oo ,this one na cursed person oooo,Better collect the slap be angry and endure it than slapping back ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by crackhaus: 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
My bro nor be only you reason am oo, I just check poster picture now...that girl there don tear eye wella, the tearing don reach back of her head sef... No offence my fine sexy sweet stacie

KingPradas: Abeg this no be her oo, see her profile picture one fine babe.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by eldoradoxx: 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
oyestephen:
U slapped ur mum back ? D woman who carried u for 9 months ? Who fed u, and took care of u ? U need serious help to avoid your children doing that back to u
the bible says do no despise ur youth. The pride of a young person should not be messed around with. So if u slap ur 23 year old son and he doesn't hit u back, examine him well, something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by princeonx: 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
You called Yourself "stubborn diva" in your profile, could that be reasons for the slap?
But seriously though your mom have no right hitting you at 23!
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by PrebabyG(f): 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
Girl, whenever she slap u dnt be annoyd; cos she believe within her dat she's training u.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
finally I want to say something,The reason for this slapping of a thing is because she has not seen anything from U that can make her stop ,YOUR mum does not hate you but she can be manupulative attimes,For me Talking sense to her is a great option,showing her your physical strenght may not change anything since she has more strenght than you....FOR ME ALL YOU NEED IS TO ENDURE,DISCUSS ADULT MATTERS WITH YOUR MUM AND GIVE HER SOME LITTLE SPACE,DONT BE THAT MUMMY BABY TYPE THAT YOU ARE BEFORE AND BE MORE SERIOUS WITH WHAT EVER YOU ARE DOING.

BE THE BUSY TYPE. WHEN SHE SEE YOU DONT KID ANYMORE SHE WILL PUT MORE RESPECT WITH WHATEVER SHE DOES WITH YOU.And pls dont even shout at her when she is in those manupulative mood,those mode are compilation of what she has gone tru while growing,and dont add your own and if u do she would just have hypertention and that is it...........You cant change her old days but you can assure her a better future,by talking to her like grown up and grown up discussing is better than behaving like a baby to her.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
You are here to pretend like you are obedient....unfortunately someone who knows you is here grin and I have to tell more about you.

1. She has the most amazing childish character at her age.
2. so dull to respond when given a task, she prefers finishing whatever personal thing she is doing before doing her chores
3. way too dependent on mom. How come you tell them here you have a job that earns you peanuts grin...you've got no job yet.
4. lastly you are 23 but act 18. Why must mom remind you of your duties on daily basis grin

When next i see you on the street I will give you some tips on how not to get slapped

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by mhozzis(m): 7:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
Just 23, still living with ur parents and you are complaining ur mum slaps. Its ur type dat their boyfriends will beat mercylessly and u'll still hug and say to him 'i love you'

You're not too big for ur mum to slap as long as u still live and feed under roof.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by wirinet(m): 7:53pm On Feb 25, 2013
Prebaby.G.:
Girl, whenever she slap u dnt be annoyd; cos she believe within her dat she's training u.

train her for what? How to accept being slapped by her husband, boss or even friends without complaint? Any training done after 18 is no more training but psychological exploitation
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
Hahahah.
Ur own was just slap. My mum will flog me, if the cain breaks completely,the beating will start. When she is satisfied, she will push me out and lock me out of d house for days with no food even at 20.she will instruct my siblings to make sure I get no food. I will sleep under d staircase for days and be bitten by mosquito. The worst is dt it was just me dt she treats like dt. At a time, I went to report her to her parents. When she was called, I don't know what she told them, dt they all turned against me. She came back and told me to go and report again. I got tired of sleeping in d staircase dt each time she did dt, I will look for a relationship and visit and at the end, they will beg her to accept me back.
How did it stop? Shortly b4 my Nysc, I can't remember exactly what happened. She beat me and I pushed her down. She came back wit more fury and I made sure I beat her back. She started shouting. All my siblings except my immediate younger joined her in beating me.
After dt, respect came back.
Currently, no one likes her. She noticed it and started apologising. She was actually frustrated and being d 1st, she let out her frustration on me. She was a young widow with 5 children struggling to survive. She had a high class she was b4, and was trying to cope wit d new status. At times they culd be owed months salary, and all dt made her more frustrated.
I know sum won't believe this, but d beating starts at d slightest opportunity. I remember this particular one- I was switching on the bulb and d bulb could not come on. She said I've spoilt d bulb. She beat me and made me replace the bulb. I remember a guy dt used to be my nephew's friend gave me d money. On several occasions, it could be dt she gave me our feeding money for the week and while doing account for her, the money doesn't balance, maybe by N5. Growing up without my father was tough, but dt was when I made up my mind I would try my best to be independent in life.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by juleze(f): 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
pastor mmadu: I guess she doesn't slap yσυ wen yσυ do tђє right thing. Its quite appaling τ̣ђǎ̜τ̲̣ yσυ still do wat will warrant yøúř mum to slap yσυ at tђιƨ age. Yσυ a̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ε̲̣ suppose to be a helper to her in training tђє young ones nw, instead of being tђє one trained.

I couldn't help commenting on this thoughtless comment of yours.
Don't you offend your wife if you're married or offend your friends and colleagues? so you never make mistakes?
How can you spew out words without thinking about how it would affect †ђξ one you're referring to?

Those who say she should never offend her mother don't know that what they're asking is tough. You can never go on without offending people but you can minimize †ђξ number of times you do.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by avalontony(m): 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
stop doing what earns you a slap, i know your mum cant just wake up and give u a dirty slap. pls examine yourself!!!!!!!
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
Hahahah.
Ur own was just slap. My mum will flog me, if the cain breaks completely,the beating will start. When she is satisfied, she will push me out and lock me out of d house for days with no food even at 20.she will instruct my siblings to make sure I get no food. I will sleep under d staircase for days and be bitten by mosquito. The worst is dt it was just me dt she treats like dt. At a time, I went to report her to her parents. When she was called, I don't know what she told them, dt they all turned against me. She came back and told me to go and report again. I got tired of sleeping in d staircase dt each time she did dt, I will look for a relation and visit and at the end, they will beg her to accept me back.
How did it stop? Shortly b4 my Nysc, I can't remember exactly what happened. She beat me and I pushed her down. She came back wit more fury and I made sure I beat her back. She started shouting. All my siblings except my immediate younger joined her in beating me.
Currently, no one likes her. She noticed it and started apologising. She was actually frustrated and being d 1st, she let out her frustration on me. She was a young widow with 5 children struggling to survive. She had a high class she was b4, and was trying to cope wit d new status. At times they culd be owed months salary, and all dt made her more frustrated.
I know sum won't believe this, but d beating starts at d slightest opportunity. I remember this particular one- I was switching on the bulb and d bulb could not come on. She said I've spoilt d bulb. She beat me and made me replace the bulb. I remember a guy dt used to be my nephew's friend gave me d money. On several occasions, it could be dt she gave me our feeding money for the week and while doing account for her, the money doesn't balance, maybe by N5. Growing up without my father was tough, but dt was when I made up my mind I would try my best to be independent in life.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 25, 2013
991: next time, as she lifts her palms to slap you, hold her hand, look directly into her eyes and say, 'Don't You Dare!!' believe me fear go catch her. grin
LOOOOOL....this is so bad advice
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by InvertedHammer: 8:02pm On Feb 25, 2013
Slaps could be therapeutic...I guess
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Osuman(m): 8:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
As a boy of 24yrs old my mother still slaps me, because of picking quarrels with my younger ones but am her first child as a male although i did not leave with her until when i was 20yrs old. That really embarrassed me a lot but i try to stop her at times by holding her hands in the air that never really stopped her, but some how it shock her, until i reported her to our uncle her elder brother, that way she stopped slapping me, before that i started shifting away from her in a mature way that really hurt her i knew it. These days she only make a whole threat to do one thing or the other but she never execute it, she loves me, am the next of kin to all her property as a civil servant, i personally run all her accounts in fact even though am working, is what i told her is in her account she believes. Try to report her to her friends or close relatives, and behave new to her, pls never u try to fight her.

3 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by vicope: 8:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
colly227: You are here to pretend like you are obedient....unfortunately someone who knows you is here grin and I have to tell more about you.

1. She has the most amazing childish character at her age.
2. so dull to respond when given a task, she prefers finishing whatever personal thing she is doing before doing her chores
3. way too dependent on mom. How come you tell them here you have a job that earns you peanuts grin...you've got no job yet.
4. lastly you are 23 but act 18. Why must mom remind you of your duties on daily basis grin

When next i see you on the street I will give you some tips on how not to get slapped
Hmmm......are u for real?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by eldoradoxx: 8:12pm On Feb 25, 2013
mercylicious: Hahahah.
Ur own was just slap. My mum will flog me, if the cain breaks completely,the beating will start. When she is satisfied, she will push me out and lock me out of d house for days with no food even at 20.she will instruct my siblings to make sure I get no food. I will sleep under d staircase for days and be bitten by mosquito. The worst is dt it was just me dt she treats like dt. At a time, I went to report her to her parents. When she was called, I don't know what she told them, dt they all turned against me. She came back and told me to go and report again. I got tired of sleeping in d staircase dt each time she did dt, I will look for a relationship and visit and at the end, they will beg her to accept me back.
Pls pardon me everyone for quoting this rather long post, I love this and it made my day. This goes to confirm my advise to Staicey for which some people have called me all sorts of names. At times fighting back is only alternative u ve to assert ur self from any form of abuse from ur parents. Am glad it worked for this lady and hope Staicy should learn from her as well.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by eldoradoxx: 8:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
. She beat me and I pushed her down.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by vicope: 8:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ur own was just slap. My mum will flog me, if the cain breaks completely,the beating will start. When she is satisfied, she will push me out and lock me out of d house for days with no food even at 20.she will instruct my siblings to make sure I get no food. I will sleep under d staircase for days and be bitten by mosquito. The worst is dt it was just me dt she treats like dt. At a time, I went to report her to her parents. When she was called, I don't know what she told them, dt they all turned against me. She came back and told me to go and report again. I got tired of sleeping in d staircase dt each time she did dt, I will look for a relation and visit and at the end, they will beg her to accept me back.
WoW! U really have gone through a lot. Wish you better dayz ahead!
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by eldoradoxx: 8:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
Pls pardon me everyone for quoting this rather long post, I love this and it made my day. This goes to confirm my advise to Staicey for which some people have called me all sorts of names. At times fighting back is only alternative u ve to assert ur self from any form of abuse from ur parents. Am glad it worked for this lady and hope Staicy should learn from her as well.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by sweetgala(m): 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2013
While it's not odd in a Nigerian setting to have that form of physical discipline dispensed , such is not ideal and could be avoided. Best just to have a deep 1-to-1 with your mum and bring her to see you are an adult and any of your less than perfect actions can be corrected verbally.

You need to stop any annoying behaviours that displeases her as well.
Good luck
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
Trust me you are not living a good life afterward.Your kids will double what you did to your parent.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by MrPaul2: 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2013
just slap you are sad. if my was just a slapwhen i was 25 it will have be better. @ 25 My Dad still naked me and flog me. you are here compaining for just a slap

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by softangel(m): 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2013
991: next time, as she lifts her palms to slap you, hold her hand, look directly into her eyes and say, 'Don't You Dare!!' believe me fear go catch her. grin

Idiot!!!
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Juliusakorede(m): 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
U just ave 2 b patient cos a day will come dat u wil seperate nt by death buh by sumfin great
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by obitrac: 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2013
ihedioramma: YES. SHE WANT THE BEST FOR U AND THAT IS WHY. IF U WANT TO ENJOY THIS WORLD DONT GO FOR BOY FRD, KEEP UR SEX FOR UR HUSBAND AND GOD WILL BLESS U FOR DAT. WERE IS UR DADDY?
why u dey spoil our show now with dis kind of ur silly advice.if she no get BF how she wan take marry or how we too go marry
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by xtr0v3rt(m): 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2013
Saving my comment.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Adamsdelrio(m): 8:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
@o.p, have you tried telling her close friend about it? Her friend might talk her out of such attitude... Just suggesting ni o!
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 25, 2013
Hahahah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Who Owns Me? / I Become Broke, Frustrated Whenever I Have Sex With My Wife / Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.