Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old (27115 Views)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / Mum Still Thinks I'm A Virgin / She Slaps Me Anytime We Fight —husband Tells Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by icekenkey(m): 5:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
suggary: @ poster I think u have to look for a way to stop it if not it would end up like my gist.I am 31 and stay with my parents .I make my own money and not a liabilty in any way cos I make my own money and even train my younger one in school..on vals day I was locked outside the house cos I came 10 o clock.I just blanked and didn't complain.the next day I came home 9 and my mum was angry calling me names like LovePeddler and stuff like that. I got angry and told her not to call me names but correct me as her child cos I deserve some respect too.the next tin was dat my dad brought out a belt and was flogging me all over cos I replied my mum. I was too hurt to cry.he even threw my bag out and told me to return from were I was coming from dat night.
I felt really heartbroken cos I have never given them headache or stress of any sort.I stayed in a hotel for a week,later got my own apartment and moved.
Now they have been sending poeple,apologising on phone and even blaming the devil for what happened happened.
Sorry for the long gist but don't want u to go thru what I went thru,NIP IT AT THE BUD NOW before it becomes too bad like mine was.

Looool. I'm reading this at work and I'm unable to keep my laughter in check. You must be an interesting folk, because this is way too funny. Lol. Interesting topic and positive feedback thus far.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by vicope: 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2013
greatgod2012: @ op im a mother, and i cant think of d last time i slapped my kids, not to talk of an adult, i guess your mum is naturally aggresive, what i will advise you is that, when you are both in good mood, walk up to her and tell her you have something that is really bothering you, and since you claim she loves you, she will want to give you attention, go to her, kneel down and tell her your mind, that you dont like d way she slaps or shout on you, let her know what you will likely do if such repeat itself, say whatever you want to say with all humility as well as with all seriousness, remind her that some of your mates are already mothers, and you dont believe somebody of your age should always be slapped like that.
Ask her if shes transfering d anger she has towards your dad to you, ask her if she will be happy if her own mother treat her like that at that age, ask her so many thought provoking questions, that she will know that she has actually gone beyond normal, let her know this is not d best way to correct you, even, if you err.
And one more thing, make sure you always behave well.
I wish you all d best.
U truly are an example of a good mum. +10000000000 likes
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by sammmiey1: 5:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
ba7man: When next your mum slaps you, retaliate with this "special move".....
SOME PEOPLE DON MADT 4DIS NAIRALAND SHA!NAH SO U DO 2UR PAPA 4VILLAGE B4 E FREE U ABY?NO WONDER U STIL DEY ONE PLACE.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Fhemmmy: 5:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
staicey: I no longer find this funny whenever it happens.

Hello? I just clocked 23 some weeks back and only for mum to slap me 2days back because i didnt make her coffee hot enough to her satisfaction. Wtf? angry
My mum loves slapping me around and this annoys me. Not that she doesnt love me because she still buys me stuffs and takes me out and for the fact that am the only issue, well...you know the rest wink but this case of slappings, i dont like. I've told her several times and after moments of apologies tendered from her, she's doing it the next minute sad sad

please, y'all whether singles or married, tell me if this sh-it is normal because am already loosing a hold of myself. I dont like this one bit angry

I might just move in with my dad or sue her!! angry

At the age of 23, She is still buying you stuff and you still probably feeding on her paycheque . . . Thus some of this.
However, it is wrong for her to be slapping you and serious talking to her might be the only way out, and u too might have to pay better attention to details with her, cos she probably expects more from you at your age than you are delivering . . . tongue
The fact that your Dad is not under same roof with her might be an issue too, MAYBE each time you do wrong, you remind her of your Dad and she gets angry and taking it out on you . . . She might need counselling too

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2013
chei, some parents are too much
u go stand in front of her to get slapped or what grin
u must seriously talk to her, next time she tries don't allow her
since u r the only child she sees u as her baby and it will never change, however the slappin must stop
about getting a full time job, be careful though, u said u r still a student, so your studies should be the most important
focus on finishing school before to move out on your own
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by pomporiking: 5:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
Don't listen to all this crap talk.the solution is easy find someone extremely close to your mum and share how you feel about being slapped,you can add tears and small drama inside lol.that individual will pass the message across better than you can

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Fhemmmy: 5:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
chiover: . hmmmm, u stayed in a hotel b4 getting ur own huz?? U must hav practiced this style at the hotel

Common, where would you expect her to stay after leaving the house, on the street or with a man? . . Let us learn to appreciate good thing when it is done, Hotel is not only for xes, so many useful things could be done there
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Kaysalas(m): 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
991: next time, as she lifts her palms to slap you, hold her hand, look directly into her eyes and say, 'Don't You Dare!!' believe me fear go catch her. grin
best advice so far. But i dont know why i find this very funny
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Kaysalas(m): 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
991: next time, as she lifts her palms to slap you, hold her hand, look directly into her eyes and say, 'Don't You Dare!!' believe me fear go catch her. grin
best advice so far. But i dont know why i find this very funny.lwkmd 4 hia

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 25, 2013
The answer is simply, she loves you and want the best for you
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by nitlad: 5:59pm On Feb 25, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Common, where would you expect her to stay after leaving the house, on the street or with a man? . . Let us learn to appreciate good thing when it is done, Hotel is not only for xes, so many useful things could be done there
undecided undecided

Are you an hotelier? Abi why you dey advocate for hotel like you've got the country's largest chain of hotels? undecided

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by pastormmadu(m): 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
I guess she doesn't slap yσυ wen yσυ do tђє right thing. Its quite appaling τ̣ђǎ̜τ̲̣ yσυ still do wat will warrant yøúř mum to slap yσυ at tђιƨ age. Yσυ a̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ε̲̣ suppose to be a helper to her in training tђє young ones nw, instead of being tђє one trained.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by phreakabit(m): 6:02pm On Feb 25, 2013
Your Mum has the right to slap you REGARDLESS OF YOUR AGE. Don't let anyone tell otherwise! Its not much of a big deal!
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Feb 25, 2013
nitlad:
undecided undecided

Are you an hotelier? Abi why you dey advocate for hotel like you've got the country's largest chain of hotels? undecided

grin grin grin

Since when it is a crime for someone to just to to an hotel to relax and no string attached . . . For the lady in question, if she had gone to friends or families, they would have known her business but she instead went into an hotel to kool off while making her next move and we yet wanna call her names for that? Not kool, i would say
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by nitlad: 6:03pm On Feb 25, 2013
grin grin grin

Awon igbaju toh badt! cheesy

Why you gotta be that fine? grin

She prolly sees you as competition, hence she's trynna disfigure your face with slaps, thus spoiling your 'market' before you start posing serious threats to hers tongue grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by dare2think: 6:03pm On Feb 25, 2013
yuzedo: FXKing2012 needs to get the F*CK outta this thread.. Actin' all thirsty and concerned. I bet you'd like some of the OP's 23yr old punny innit? undecided
Man, f*ck outta here with yo lame advice, talkin' bout "you need to get a boyfriend, i can help you up yo income, your story is really moving, you sound like a good girl, i'm impressed"... Go and help kids in orphanage first nuqqa!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I just fell off my chair. I thought I was the only one that noticed it.

LOL.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Odunharry(m): 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2013

Hello? I just clocked 23 some weeks back and only for mum to slap me 2days back because i didnt make her coffee hot enough to her satisfaction. Wtf? angry
My mum loves slapping me around and this annoys me. Not that she doesnt love me because she still buys me stuffs and takes me out and for the fact that am the only issue, well...you know the rest wink but this case of slappings, i dont like. I've told her several times and after moments of apologies tendered from her, she's doing it the next minute sad sad

please, y'all whether singles or married, tell me if this sh-it is normal because am already loosing a hold of myself. I dont like this one bit angry

there is a yoruba adage that says "no matter how old a child is,he is still a child in the eyes of the parent especially the mother"..i believe she has her reasons for doing that.what are those things that prompt her to slap u?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
yuzedo: FXKing2012 needs to get the F*CK outta this thread.. Actin' all thirsty and concerned. I bet you'd like some of the OP's 23yr old punny innit? undecided
Man, f*ck outta here with yo lame advice, talkin' bout "you need to get a boyfriend, i can help you up yo income, your story is really moving, you sound like a good girl, i'm impressed"... Go and help kids in orphanage first nuqqa!

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Odunharry(m): 6:05pm On Feb 25, 2013

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by CashVessel(m): 6:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
Just have a matured conversation with her telling her to treat u like an adult n tell u ur faults instead of slapping u and get her to agree on dis with u.If she does it again, remind her of ur conversation n tell her she's pushing u to move out.If she persists, make gud ur threat n move in wif ur dad.Make sure ur not rude to her on any occassion.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by dare2think: 6:07pm On Feb 25, 2013
I bet FXking2012 wont mind accommodating stacy.

Dont worry OP, uncle will take you in. At least he wont slap you with his hands.

lol.

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by nitlad: 6:07pm On Feb 25, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Since when it is a crime for someone to just to to an hotel to relax and no string attached . . . For the lady in question, if she had gone to friends or families, they would have known her business but she instead went into an hotel to kool off while making her next move and we yet [s]wanna call her names for that? Not kool, i would say[/s]
I am not calling her names! angry

I just find your impassioned 'Uses of Hotel 101' funny that's all. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by john6006: 6:09pm On Feb 25, 2013
My advcice is hard but may be it could help....
Invite you mum out for a walk or try and make her happy,Then ask her this simply question of her feelings when someone slap her thesame way she does to you,what then will be her reaction or how will she feel.
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by nitlad: 6:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ayaff daeed! grin grin grin
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Ademolag(m): 6:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
u must be crazy 4 even posting dat. Is ur mum ur mate....or u think at 23 u are some big gal? If u want to know why she slaps u, try living independent..

1 Like

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by DrRaley: 6:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
If you ask me, your mum can slap you at any time. Dont be deceived, your parents will always be superior to you. Even in marriage, if you misbehave, your mum will still slap you. Just be sure that you are well behaved, because your post here shows you are not. . . . . . .
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Nkembenard(m): 6:14pm On Feb 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
If you are earning peanuts then you need to up your pay in order to depend less on her. You say she buys you things and I'm sure she also picks all the bills, that might actually cause her not to respect you as much as you'd have wanted even though she loves you.

As for the boyfriend, you need to be extra careful because most of them boys are only after one thing.

Well...might be able to help you out as regards upping your income.

Choi cheesy cheesy so wachu saying is that you are dat one different guy that doesn't want that which other guys want undecided

Well...might be able to help you out as regards upping your income.
dis sounds like gold digging.undecided undecided

@OP..yea Nairaland maybe a good place to seek opinion but here's a word of advice..take the advice u get on matters like this with a pinch of salt

Your text has a butter-ish appeal..and you've only succeeded in making yourself vulnerable. Howbeit! Be wise #NuFSaId. undecided undecided
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by DWJOBScom(m): 6:20pm On Feb 25, 2013
staicey:

Yes!! Yes!! Its just me.
Forgot to add that part. Well, am the only child so i guess there none other to slap. But i know she's this mild person in her office and people around her seem to love her alot but me, sometimes i just hate her. I've threatened her with moving in with dad but each time i do that, she's always remorseful. I might just do it without her knowing, thats all.

For the other part, I have a job already but not too a strong one that keeps me away from home always (a part-time one) plus i earn peanuts for now and that still makes me rely on mum, plus am still a student and she does all the fees, have got no option. As for the boyfriend issue, do you really think having a boyfriend will make her stop slapping me?? Do you? If yeah, how?
U don't need a boyfriend to be strong or a challenge to stop the slapping. I think u need to give her a break and move in with Dad for a WHILE with a promise to come back later while at Dad's place try to always call and keep up friendly chat....it will do ur relationship with her a lot of good as respect will grow. A boyfriend can still hurt u or better still kill. Grab the break I think and don't stop praying about it - there's nothing God can't handle or do
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Amya(f): 6:21pm On Feb 25, 2013
Your mum is grand manipulator. Not a bad person, just a pro manipulator. Just like my mum *sighs*

3 Likes

Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by crackhaus: 6:21pm On Feb 25, 2013
Did you miss the part where she said she has a father and she would want to move there for a while?

Yoruba_Omoge:

Move out to where?

Will you offer her shelter?
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by Fhemmmy: 6:23pm On Feb 25, 2013
nitlad:
I am not calling her names! angry

I just find your impassioned 'Uses of Hotel 101' funny that's all. grin grin grin

Lol . . If i was an hotelier, i will be jumping up and give you a nite for 2 free . . .
Re: Mum Still Slaps Me At 23 Years Old by bbobuyi: 6:23pm On Feb 25, 2013
You need to think abouut this issue very well, I mean really sit down and think very well. What are the things that usually lead to ur mum slapping you ?? Right now you can't move out of the house becos you are still a student and your parents are obliged to send you to school. After graduation you can get a better Job and move out of your mum's apartment. 'Too much familiarity breeds contempt. In d meantime, going to your Dad's place is not a good option since you don't even know what his wife will do to you. Keep calm at your mum's place, try to avoid all 'slapable situations'. Confront her if need be , but don't retaliate.
Lastly, go to the Lord in prayers. Cheers girl. I feel you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Who Owns Me? / I Become Broke, Frustrated Whenever I Have Sex With My Wife / Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.