Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,626 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Marriage Proposal On Phone? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal On Phone? (12257 Views)

Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Eby22: 11:48am On Mar 17, 2008
please, I want to ask.

Is it wrong for a guy to propose to a lady on phone?

My friend had this experience and from the way she reacted,
I believe the guy regretted ever knowing her.

What is your own view about that?
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by micklplus(m): 11:58am On Mar 17, 2008
Personally and most sincerely, i dont think theres nothing wrong in proposing to a girl on the phone but, the mood and "lyrics has to be right ! If the proposal is done at a wrong time, ofcourse, it cud make the girl go "kind of, whats wrong with this guy" ! Marriage proposal could come in any format or stlye but ofcourse, the setting, lyrics, mood and time has to be right ! i think physical proposal is most ideal LOLThats my personal opinion.
Cheers
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by tngtech(m): 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2008
Proposing on phone is not bad, but i would say her that i depends on the mood of the lady.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by darlingD(m): 12:11pm On Mar 17, 2008
Is the dude cripple to walk or sick in hospital? May be it's a new style sha. But if i am a lady, i wld not like it.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by iice(f): 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2008
Not for me grin grin With him planning all his lyrics to say over the phone i might not even answer the bloody phone grin grin So that would just ruin his plans cheesy cheesy
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by micklplus(m): 12:58pm On Mar 17, 2008
iice, i am going to propose to u on the phone and u wont be able to help but say YES !!!! LOL cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by iice(f): 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2008
Which phone? grin grin The one i don't bother answering? grin
The only answer you will get from me is me breaking into laughter frenzy grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by jkpretty(f): 1:17pm On Mar 17, 2008
I don't get the reason why a proposal shld be on phone. Is he sooo excited he can't wait till they see. Phone talk, phone toasting, phone fight, phone kiss, phone Duh! Phone proposal again? Soon enough we'll have phone marriage. shocked
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Busta(f): 1:24pm On Mar 17, 2008
It really depends but every/ most women would love to see a man go down on one knee and propose to them and yeah . . . . with a ring!

no ring . . .no proposal grin
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by jkpretty(f): 1:35pm On Mar 17, 2008
Busta:

It really depends but every/ most women would love to see a man go down on one knee and propose to them and yeah . . . . with a ring!

Nooo, the knees doesn't even have to go bending. The question is why shld the proposal be on phone. Why not face to face. Maybe those doing overseas love don't mind sha tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Scopium: 1:38pm On Mar 17, 2008
Busta:

[size=13pt]If he doesn't go down on one knee, it's not a proposal?
I think it's best done in person unless there's an understandable reason why you can't be physically present. For instance the guy/girl may be in Nigeria while the other person is in Iraq grin[/size]
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Busta(f): 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2008
jkpretty:

Nooo, the knees doesn't even have to go bending. The question is why shld the proposal be on phone. Why not face to face. Maybe those doing overseas love don't mind sha tongue
Those doing overseas love are the ones that carry to the extreme oh.

funny enuff . . . a collegue of mine got proposed to this weekend . . . 18,000ft above the ground.
She is so excited, it was taped and that is what we've been hearing all day at work  grin  grin

imagine what if, after all that wahala she said no to the guy? embarassed
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by jkpretty(f): 1:49pm On Mar 17, 2008
Busta:

funny enough . . . a collegue of mine got proposed to this weekend . . . 18,000ft above the ground.
She is so excited, it was taped and that is what we've been hearing all day at work grin grin

ROFLMFAO yyyyeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will she be able to play the tape if the guy calls back to break the engagement. undecided Hmmmn this phone thingy sef.

Physical talk is more serious to me. tongue All this phone confession of love get as e be o.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Scopium: 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2008
Busta:

funny enough . . . a collegue of mine got proposed to this weekend . . . 18,000ft above the ground.
She is so excited, it was taped and that is what we've been hearing all day at work  grin  grin

[size=13pt]You can imagine, now will that sci-fi proposal be fasinating to a chick whose hypsiphobia/acrophobia[/size]
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 17, 2008
jkpretty:

I don't get the reason why a proposal shld be on phone. Is he sooo excited he can't wait till they see. Phone talk, phone toasting, phone fight, phone kiss, phone Duh! Phone proposal again? Soon enough we'll have phone marriage. shocked

i have a friend who got married on the phone, more than 10 years ago sef. even the proposal was on phone (BTW, she proposed grin grin cheesy cheesy)
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by mekk(m): 2:44pm On Mar 17, 2008
Hell no! it doesn't go down with me at all.I'm sure the guy in question must freaking out at the time.be that as it may,I just think serious issues like marriage proposal should be done in the most romantic and respectful way.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by onyekang1(f): 2:57pm On Mar 17, 2008
phone proposal ke? mmbanu!!! i no gree o!e get as e be   grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by jkpretty(f): 4:25pm On Mar 17, 2008
iceblue:

i have a friend who got married on the phone, more than 10 years ago sef. even the proposal was on phone (BTW, she proposed grin grin cheesy cheesy)

Interesting, I hope they lived on the phone too. tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Macgreat(m): 4:55pm On Mar 17, 2008
It's a new world we are living in people. . .

Everything is growing in techinology. . .The guy should get reward for inventing this way of proposing to a woman. .
some people do have what is called phone intimacy right? . . why not phone proposal. . . please the this world advance in everything people and lets appreciate new ideas wink wink wink

The girls shouldn't have over reacted to this lovely proposal. . .to me it's the most romantic thing ever shocked . . .the guy try for even picking the phone to say to her "honey will you marry me" i think that is very brave grin

LORD HAVE MERCY. . . wink
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by earthrealm(m): 5:05pm On Mar 17, 2008
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw
proposing on the phone aint tite,

is the bobo afraid of proposing in person?,

meeeeeen if i be girl, i wont accept it, [abi im dey shy?], if so he aint ready 4 marriage oh, simple proposal, he is shy, what wud he do when he gets married n enters the nitty gritty of marrige!!!

if the dude is serious about marrying the lady, he shud get his ass on the next plane/bus/okada/wheel barrow, n do the right thing haba!!!
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by covie(f): 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2008
that is wack.if u want to propose 2 me i want to see the xpression on your face and not have you make faces while on fone.marriage is a very impotant thing and not a joke.pls dont spoil the moment
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by yomicious2(f): 1:21pm On Mar 19, 2008
I have neva read it anywhere dat there is a laid down rule for proposing.It could be through any medium.The bottomline is dat Love exist between d two of them.Ur Friend would not have reacted in that manner.abi she nor know say husbands scarce grin
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 19, 2008
dat one na proposal for mouth,wey d ring?i believe d right way for a guy to propose to a girl,is by coming to her one on one,cos d girl has to look into his eyes to find out if he is for real,or if he is a player,we(girls) need to see the love poking out from his face nose mouth ear, and so on
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Scopium: 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2008
jennykadry:

that one na proposal for mouth,wey d ring?i believe d right way for a guy to propose to a girl,is by coming to her one on one,because d girl has to look into his eyes to find out if he is for real,or if he is a player,we(girls) need to see the love poking out from his face nose mouth ear, and so on

[size=13pt]Does the typical African marriage proposal require any ring?[/size]
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by dellynash(f): 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2008
@jkpretty "[b]I don't get the reason why a proposal shld be on phone. Is he sooo excited he can't wait till they see. Phone talk, phone toasting, phone fight, phone kiss, phone Duh! Phone proposal again? Soon enough we'll have phone marriage. Shocked" [/b]hahahahahhahahahahahaaha this is really interesting, i won't accept any proposal over the phone.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by MsLurker(f): 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2008
A school friend accepted a proposal from her husband on the phone.
I think he was at basic training though. So it works for some.

I think I would appreciate it more in person. I would be okay with it ONLY if we weren't able to see each other in person.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by ty4real(m): 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2008
The issue is that most ladies have a programmed mind about the way they want to be proposed to and to be sincere with you ,marriage proposal on the phone is the least on their list ooo! grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2008
@scorpium

a guy can only zell a girl he loves her and wants to marry her while they are dating,it is normal,but african or no african it is only made official wen the guy comes wt a ring to propose to her,proposal for mouth does not go and she is still available to accept any ring from any guy as far as im concerned
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Scopium: 3:26pm On Mar 19, 2008
jennykadry:

@scorpium

a guy can only zell a girl he loves her and wants to marry her while they are dating,it is normal,but african or no african it is only made official when the guy comes wt a ring to propose to her,proposal for mouth does not go and she is still available to accept any ring from any guy as far as im concerned

[size=13pt]The TRUTH is typical African marriage proposal DON'T require any RING officially or unofficially. Just say it to the girl which she may accept or reject, meet her parents and folks if they accept, you get married or otherwise. NO RING INTENDED [/size]
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2008
change is the only constant thing in life.My Grandpa proposed to Grandma 2ru an intermediary.Things must change, we cant remain in the normal way,proposal can be in any form, the only clause is IS THE GUY REALLY SERIOUS? My fiancee proposed 2 me on phone. he was on an official trip to russia, and he was scheduled to stay there for 2 years, he cant fly home to proposed, so he did it on phone.

Many face to face proposals end up in shambles, so it depends on the lovers in question.Ladies have that notion that a guy must propose to them face to face, its good but remember , things are changing.TECH DAYS
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by romsky: 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2008
diffrent stroke 4 diffrent folks. 4 me d answer would av bin hell no . but den it cld be that d guy wasn't courageous enough to bear d turn down or was very emotional & eager to propose at that particular time
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by favcom(m): 3:52pm On Mar 19, 2008
Hey, Nairalanders!
Why remain in the past ages for goodness' sake? Life and technology has made it possible for us to experience new possibilities. This shouldn't be different. I know a guy that's been following a lady for over three years on the phone, and is currently thinking of proposing. They love each other now, nothing is wrong with that. Is there?  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mention Three Females On The Forum You Think Would Make Good Wives / Why Do Indian Ladies Have Loose Pussies? / Why Do Married Women Dress Like This To Sweep Compound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.