Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season - Sports (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season (24486 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 / Super Eagles Match Statistics For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by pickabeau1: 11:07am On Oct 08, 2013
baby-boy:

Its 91 wins in 15 years not 7 (its more like 91 wins in 21 years)

7 titles

91 wins...

The point is that it was rolling in my head and i wrote 71
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by omodapson(m): 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
There is no excitement left in this year's championship race. It's all about one master genius. I just hope next year will be more competitive.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
omodapson: There is no excitement left in this year's championship race. It's all about one master genius. I just hope next year will be more competitive.
For the non-Vettel fans you mean? We at Team Vettel are buzzing with excitement

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by pickabeau1: 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
A-40:

For the non-Vettel fans you mean? We at Team Vettel are buzzing with excitement

Im a fan of SV but even me... ive sort of lost interest

The fun is in qualifying

Once he starts well on race day... its over
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
pickabeau1:

Im a fan of SV but even me... ive sort of lost interest

The fun is in qualifying

Once he starts well on race day... its over
Well its up to the rest of the field to try and stop him! Every Vettel win is cheered with glee by me regardless of the circumstances

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by pickabeau1: 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
A-40:

Well its up to the rest of the field to try and stop him! Every Vettel win is cheered with glee by me regardless of the circumstances

im happy hes a pace setter but he is crushing the opposition
Its more or less a donr deal

if not for the DNF in silverstone, this year would have been over already

It made it sweet again

Last year was sweet because it came down to the wire
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by omodapson(m): 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
pickabeau1:

im happy hes a pace setter but he is crushing the opposition
Its more or less a donr deal

if not for the DNF in silverstone, this year would have been over already

It made it sweet again

Last year was sweet because it came down to the wire

Exactly my point. A victory for SV after Japan, and there will be nothing more to watch. Let it go down to the wire please... Can anyone hear me?
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
RIP Maria De Villota

Pretty sad story! From the crash that took out her right eye barely a year ago to passing on today

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/motorsports/2013/10/11/formula-one-maria-de-villota/2964675/

omodapson:

Exactly my point. A victory for SV after Japan, and there will be nothing more to watch. Let it go down to the wire please... Can anyone hear me?
Loool down to which wire? You mean the series? I told you guys that Seb just made things interesting last year and that this year he was going to crush all opposition where is MrBrownJay he can testify

Seb dominant in practice and so are the RBR. Alonso way down in 10th it would be interesting to see if the rest of the field can launch some sort of a fight tomorrow
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by omodapson(m): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
A-40:
RIP Maria De Villota

Pretty sad story! From the crash that took out her right eye barely a year ago to passing on today

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/motorsports/2013/10/11/formula-one-maria-de-villota/2964675/

Loool down to which wire? You mean the series? I told you guys that Seb just made things interesting last year and that this year he was going to crush all opposition where is MrBrownJay he can testify

Seb dominant in practice and so are the RBR. Alonso way down in 10th it would be interesting to see if the rest of the field can launch some sort of a fight tomorrow

Wow, the lady finally died. Death has a way of coming back... May her soul rest in peace.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 9:11am On Oct 12, 2013
Webber on pole at Suzuka.

Vettel 2nd

Hamilton 3rd

Grosjean 4th

Massa 5th

Rosberg 6th

Alonso 8th
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 12, 2013
dear F1 Aficionados, MBJ doesnt watch F1 any longer as it has become very boring to watch...... and if any of you were watching F1 for the same reasons as i did, then you would feel the same. Last yr was a great season and i enjoyed it fully (even though Alonso didn't win) because we witnessed some superb racing, but now it can't even be called "RACING", to me.

Sadly yes, Vettel will probably win this one again (all hail the RBR car) and the yr after and after and after.......but that in no way will make him (imho) a great driver.....even if he wins the next 100 championship.

i have been away from NL for a while, and wouldnt want to come back with arguing on the subject of Vettel being a great driver or not (to each their own opinion), so i hope you guys "enjoy" the chase tomorrow.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 9:37pm On Oct 12, 2013
MRbrownJAY: dear F1 Aficionados, MBJ doesnt watch F1 any longer as it has become very boring to watch...... and if any of you were watching F1 for the same reasons as i did, then you would feel the same. Last yr was a great season and i enjoyed it fully (even though Alonso didn't win) because we witnessed some superb racing, but now it can't even be called "RACING", to me.

Sadly yes, Vettel will probably win this one again (all hail the RBR car) and the yr after and after and after.......but that in no way will make him (imho) a great driver.....even if he wins the next 100 championship.

i have been away from NL for a while, and wouldnt want to come back with arguing on the subject of Vettel being a great driver or not (to each their own opinion), so i hope you guys "enjoy" the chase tomorrow.
Awww man! I'm not happy seeing you sounding so defeatist! It was much more fun when you were so buoyant last year but I did tell you the Vettelmeister made things more interesting last year this year he would be back to beastmode

Vettel is a great already! I'm waiting for you to show me that champion that won without a great car. Prost,Senna,Schumacher,Villeneuve,Hill,Hakkinen,Alonso,Hamilton,Button I'll wait
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
^^^bro, we all have to be realistic here..... last year was great, there was a fight, there was some excitement about F1, there were skills, you looked forward to the next race knowing that "anything" could happen on the day.......now what you have is this (obviously) faster car being in front, and just going, without being challenged by anyone.
whats the bloody point!

i have accepted defeat, i have accepted that the RBR car is the best out there by a LONG shot, i have accepted that Alonso may not win another WDC (unless he moves to RBR), i have accepted that Vettel may win the next 5yrs in a row, i have even accepted that many believe that this is F1 racing while i believe that this is NOT......but i will never accept that Vettel is the greatest driver out there, N E V E R!

as to the champion who won without the greatest car, i have already shown you....just go back and re read my answer!
if a team wins 10races in a championship, while another is only winning 8, there is NO WAY you can tell me that the one who only won 8 was better, had any advantages or better car than the field (it is not mathematically possible).
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 11:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
MRbrownJAY: ^^^bro, we all have to be realistic here..... last year was great, there was a fight, there was some excitement about F1, there were skills, you looked forward to the next race knowing that "anything" could happen on the day.......now what you have is this (obviously) faster car being in front, and just going, without being challenged by anyone.
whats the bloody point!
Fight! Excitement! Lool maybe for you guys sha! Last season was agony this season is more like it for me. Absolute crushing dominance is what I expect from Vettel! The rest of the field has not been good or consistent enough and this is the simple truth

MRbrownJAY:
i have accepted defeat, i have accepted that the RBR car is the best out there by a LONG shot, i have accepted that Alonso may not win another WDC (unless he moves to RBR), i have accepted that Vettel may win the next 5yrs in a row, i have even accepted that many believe that this is F1 racing while i believe that this is NOT......but i will never accept that Vettel is the greatest driver out there, N E V E R!
You don't need to accept anything really the beauty of sport is the fact that opinion is usually not unanimous. Some people would still argue that Ali was not the greatest,MJ was not the best baller and so on and so forth
There is no guarantee that a poor qualifier like Alonso would win anything with an RBR by the way

MRbrownJAY:
as to the champion who won without the greatest car, i have already shown you....just go back and re read my answer!
if a team wins 10races in a championship, while another is only winning 8, there is NO WAY you can tell me that the one who only won 8 was better, had any advantages or better car than the field (it is not mathematically possible).
I'm waiting for you to show me that champion without one of the best two cars on the grid! We argued this ad nauseaum and you failed to show me proof of anyone who accomplished this feat not even your darling Alonso did that
Your example is an awful one as everyone knows Juan Pablo Montoya was a faaaaar better driver than Giancarlo Fisichella its not a coincidence that the only legit GP's he ever won was with that Renault car that Alonso succeeded with. This should tell any neutral observer that the Renault of 05/06 was arguably the best on the grid
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 13, 2013
A-40:

Fight! Excitement! Lool maybe for you guys sha! Last season was agony this season is more like it for me. Absolute crushing dominance is what I expect from Vettel! The rest of the field has not been good or consistent enough and this is the simple truth

bro, last yr was a truly wonderful yr and, as much as it was everything i said earlier, it was also agony for us....but at least there was a bit of both. there is nothing like being good or consistent today. the RBR is simply ABOVE the field, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

You don't need to accept anything really the beauty of sport is the fact that opinion is usually not unanimous. Some people would still argue that Ali was not the greatest,MJ was not the best baller and so on and so forth
There is no guarantee that a poor qualifier like Alonso would win anything with an RBR by the way

the only way Alonso can win the WDC again, is if he drives a competitive car. we all know that you have been saying that the Ferrari is competitive this yr (i still wonder how you can say such stuff), simply because they are the second best in the field, but the fact on paper remains that the RBR is in another league of its own. so, yes ferrari has the best car out of the rest, but CANNOT/SHOULDNT be compare to the supremacy of the RBR. that car is just too fast, and that has very little to do with the driver

I'm waiting for you to show me that champion without one of the best two cars on the grid! We argued this ad nauseaum and you failed to show me proof of anyone who accomplished this feat not even your darling Alonso did that
Your example is an awful one as everyone knows Juan Pablo Montoya was a faaaaar better driver than Giancarlo Fisichella its not a coincidence that the only legit GP's he ever won was with that Renault car that Alonso succeeded with. This should tell any neutral observer that the Renault of 05/06 was arguably the best on the grid

bro, i will copy and paste what i wrote earlier:
you say that the Renault car was better than the rest in 05/06 yet in 2005, Renault won 8races only, while Mc Laren won 10races, Renault finished 1st and 5th respectively in the championship, while Mc Laren finished 2nd and 4th.....and you dare say that Renault car was better? NONSENSE!!!!

in 2006, Renault won 8 races while Ferrari won 9 races, Renault finished 1st and 4th respectively in the championship, while Ferrari finished 2nd and 3rd........and you have the audacity to say that the Renault car was better? NONSENSE!!!!

in my world, when a car is above the field, they win ALL (if not MOST) races, like RBR does.

and you have the audacity to say that the Renault car was above the field in 05/06? under what criteria do you base your claim, if i may ask?!
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 1:01am On Oct 13, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

bro, last yr was a truly wonderful yr and, as much as it was everything i said earlier, it was also agony for us....but at least there was a bit of both. there is nothing like being good or consistent today. the RBR is simply ABOVE the field, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
If Alonso was consistent he would qualify better and odds are the gap would not be as wide as it is right now. Consistency is the reason why Vettel is ahead of the rest of the field or else why isn't Webber winning races or in the title hunt if it was down to the car alone?

MRbrownJAY:
the only way Alonso can win the WDC again, is if he drives a competitive car. we all know that you have been saying that the Ferrari is competitive this yr (i still wonder how you can say such stuff), simply because they are the second best in the field,
That car was competitive this year,last year and the year before! He also drove a competitive car at McLaren and yet he failed woefully! If he could not win a WDC then he would not win it now! Competitive car or not

MRbrownJAY:
but the fact on paper remains that the RBR is in another league of its own. so, yes ferrari has the best car out of the rest, but CANNOT/SHOULDNT be compare to the supremacy of the RBR. that car is just too fast, and that has very little to do with the driver
So why is Webber not directly behind Vettel? Since the supremacy is so vast how are Alonso,Kimi and Louis ahead of Webber

MRbrownJAY:
bro, i will copy and paste what i wrote earlier:
you say that the Renault car was better than the rest in 05/06 yet in 2005, Renault won 8races only, while Mc Laren won 10races, Renault finished 1st and 5th respectively in the championship, while Mc Laren finished 2nd and 4th.....and you dare say that Renault car was better? NONSENSE!!!!

in 2006, Renault won 8 races while Ferrari won 9 races, Renault finished 1st and 4th respectively in the championship, while Ferrari finished 2nd and 3rd........and you have the audacity to say that the Renault car was better? NONSENSE!!!!

The Renault car was faster than every other car on the grid!! Only an Alonso fanboy like you would argue otherwise! Put a solid driver as Alonso's running mate and let's see if they would not have swept the other races! That car had more pole positions than all the other cars out there!
If that car was not the best on the grid then tell us how Alonso was able to be on pole for 5 straight races at a point! That the Renault didn't win more races is purely an indictment on Giancarlo Fisichella's motor skills

He had 12 poles within that timeframe! How many has he had since? You are free to argue till you are blue in the face but the facts are there and irrefutable! A Raikkonnen or Schumacher would have won more races for Renault

MRbrownJAY:
in my world, when a car is above the field, they win ALL (if not MOST) races, like RBR does.
Bullshit!! Why isn't Webber winning races then? He's won squat all season long

MRbrownJAY:
and you have the audacity to say that the Renault car was above the field in 05/06? under what criteria do you base your claim, if i may ask?!
The criteria that had Alonso amassing over half his total number of poles despite being notoriously poor at qualifying!
The criteria that has Fisichella winning his only pair of GP's within that timeframe
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by pickabeau1: 7:11am On Oct 13, 2013
SV poor start....

Should be interesting

Let me go n watch
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by pickabeau1: 7:29am On Oct 13, 2013
Alonso n vettel stay out... Webber vs grosjean
vettel pits in 3
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 7:32am On Oct 13, 2013
So much for being far and beyond the fastest car

Hamilton OUT!

Lool looks like Massa isn't obeying team orders hehehehe
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by pickabeau1: 7:41am On Oct 13, 2013
Massa vexing... Gutierrez gat skills
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by justwise(m): 7:47am On Oct 13, 2013
Have to agree with MRbrownJAY, this season has brought my interest in F1 to zero, since 2008 when i started watching F1 this is the only season i felt pretty uninterested and i think many F1 fans feel the same.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 8:08am On Oct 13, 2013
justwise: Have to agree with MRbrownJAY, this season has brought my interest in F1 to zero, since 2008 when i started watching F1 this is the only season i felt pretty uninterested and i think many F1 fans feel the same.
Its a good thing you didn't watch F1 circa 2000 then cos I'm sure Schumacher's dominance would have also killed your interest
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 8:22am On Oct 13, 2013
Sublime pitting strategy from the Vettelmeister, this race is almost certainly in the bag now
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 8:32am On Oct 13, 2013
Super driving from Grosjean today! He's been the driver of the race in my eyes

Sebastian Vettel wins at SUZUKA

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 8:52am On Oct 13, 2013
90pts ahead! 4 races to go
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by babyboy3(m): 9:06am On Oct 13, 2013
This is getting really boring, but I do enjoy the scrap in the middle of the pack, no wonder Motogp and indy car is becoming more popular. I hate it when Vettel makes it a clean sweep, but I will hate it more if "crybaby" Alonso wins it, I did love the Schumacher era because he hardly starts from pole. Cant wait for for next season to start because I think Vettel might be going for Nigel Mansell's record which means bad news for the rest of the non "The Finger's" fan
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by justwise(m): 9:13am On Oct 13, 2013
A-40:

Its a good thing you didn't watch F1 circa 2000 then cos I'm sure Schumacher's dominance would have also killed your interest

He is a much better driver than Vettel 4sure
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by skyfall: 9:16am On Oct 13, 2013
I'm frigging tired of this "F1 is getting boring" whine. The guy works his butt out to win everytime and people talk as if he's being given any advantage.

Before, his crime was qualifying 1st, now that he's won from 2nd I wonder what they'll say again.

Abeg give credit to whom it's due.

Meanwhile Grosjean is doing a very good job. People were mocking when he was crashing last year but now he's come of age.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by babyboy3(m): 12:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
A-40:

It wasn't that bad compared to the 2011
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by babyboy3(m): 12:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
I honestly can't believe he was surprised! RedBull had that lined up long before they told Mark - the call to Vettel that he was now racing Grosjean and not Webber.

He had 15 or so seconds over Vettel with 10 laps to go and they were lapping more or less on the same pace. They should have left him out till the end.

It would have been a gamble but at the very least he would have come 3rd, but pitting Webber Guaranteed that he'd be behind Vettel.

I'm not huge on conspiracy, but RedBull royally screwed Webber on that one!
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 1:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
baby-boy:

It wasn't that bad compared to the 2011
Are you talking of an era were Schumacher was winning more than half the races each season? I can remember back in 02 when Schumacher won 11 races out of 17 it was equally as bad if not worse

justwise:
He is a much better driver than Vettel 4sure
Well he was not as good as Vettel at 26 that I can boldly say! He does have a much better mastery of wet conditions which certainly gives him the edge. I don't think anyone would argue that Schumacher is the G.O.A.T at the moment but there is ample time for Vettel to rewrite history! And I'm a massive Schumacher fan btw
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
skyfall: I'm frigging tired of this "F1 is getting boring" whine. The guy works his butt out to win everytime and people talk as if he's being given any advantage.

Before, his crime was qualifying 1st, now that he's won from 2nd I wonder what they'll say again.

Abeg give credit to whom it's due.

Meanwhile Grosjean is doing a very good job. People were mocking when he was crashing last year but now he's come of age.
Its a load of BS if you ask me! Is he supposed to not win just to make F1 competitive? Its high time people started respecting consistency and greatness!

Its about time Grosjean matured he's been in F1 for a minute now
baby-boy:
I honestly can't believe he was surprised! RedBull had that lined up long before they told Mark - the call to Vettel that he was now racing Grosjean and not Webber.

He had 15 or so seconds over Vettel with 10 laps to go and they were lapping more or less on the same pace. They should have left him out till the end.

It would have been a gamble but at the very least he would have come 3rd, but pitting Webber Guaranteed that he'd be behind Vettel.

I'm not huge on conspiracy, but RedBull royally screwed Webber on that one!
I'm sure you would have preferred Webber not finishing that race grin the difference was in tire strategy. Webber had to pit as early as the 26th lap! There is no way he woulda lasted till the end infact Webber only has himself to blame for staring at Grosjean's exhaust for that long! Vettel woulda passed him in a New York minute

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup / Asisat Oshoala Defends Falz For Blasting Yahoo Boys And Their Praise Singers / Real Madrid Suffer Shock Away Defeat To Hand Title Advantage To Barca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.