Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season (24498 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 / Super Eagles Match Statistics For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 9:27am On Mar 24, 2013
omodapson: I can't help but laugh at Hamilton. grin He still sees himself as a Mclaren driver. lol! He just Pit at his old team for tyre change... shocked
Hehehe that was hilarious!

Tyre management would be huge today! This race no sure for anybody! Pole position means nothing really
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Areaboy2(m): 9:28am On Mar 24, 2013
Cars to look out!

Mercedes
lotus.

In that order
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 10:30am On Mar 24, 2013
Gotta love Red Bull! Not even Vettel's wishes are bowed to!

These guys really went at each other! Vettel holds the edge tho
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 10:30am On Mar 24, 2013
wats wrong with SV,hear he nearly crashed with MW like turkey two yrs ago

modified

* turkey..
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 10:37am On Mar 24, 2013
biolabee: wats wrong with SV,hear he nearly crashed with MW like canada two yrs ago
I have to admit I have not seen Vettel this antsy before! He and Webber might fight after this race grin grin

Why wouldn't they let Rosberg pass Hamilton?
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 10:38am On Mar 24, 2013
LH is senior but orry i am not watching.. noi signal heavy rain
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 10:44am On Mar 24, 2013
Just a rhetorical question actually the team must have their reasons I'm sure

Vettel Wins the Malaysian Grand Prix
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 10:45am On Mar 24, 2013
Good one SV though his hot head could have cost the team greatly
Loss of both cars and constructor points

We have not yet seen the last of this rivalry
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 10:46am On Mar 24, 2013
A-40:
Just a rhetorical question actually the team must have their reasons I'm sure

Vettel Wins the Malaysian Grand Prix

I think it had to do with the engines and fuel management
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 10:48am On Mar 24, 2013
Sebastian Vettel's race engineer Rocky: "Good job Sebastian, looks like you wanted that bad enough. Still, there will be some explaining to do."

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner over team radio to Sebastian Vettel: "This is silly, Seb, come on."

Agressive Seb!
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by justwise(m): 10:53am On Mar 24, 2013
Mixed feeling race...SV may pay the price of his hot-headed attitude next time, Mercedes managed to control their two drivers....though not nice to watch when faster driver is asked not to race...even as i'm a massive LH's fan
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 10:54am On Mar 24, 2013
I agree .... this rivalry is not over, it will blow up again.. somewhere else

1049:
Very muted pre-podium room. There's definitely an air of tension in there. Adrian Newey and Sebastian Vettel make small talk, but there's no real celebration.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Areaboy2(m): 11:00am On Mar 24, 2013
Vettel won the race, no doubt his team is pleased. However, he could have caused them both the race so like his team engineer said "you have a lot of explaining to do". Basically, you can only be so lucky. Teams don't need their drivers racing themselves in that way. Hope we don't see that nonsese again from vettel. I hate him anyway, so didn't change much.

As per Mercedes; the team cocked up and gave Hamilton less fuel. If they then let rosberg pass him, it wouldn't be fair for Hamilton seeing how he had been faster than rosberg until they asked him to save fuel.

Webber isn't pleased at all. Rightly so.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 11:29am On Mar 24, 2013
Red Bull team boss Christian Horner tells Sky Sports: "They took it into their own hands, which was uncomfortable for us - we gave them instructions to hold station but Sebastian took it into his own hands to win the race - he wanted to win.

"They've raced each other hard before - they're very good drivers. There are points at stake and they both want to win. For the team it's hugely uncomfortable.

"It's difficult when you have two competitive drivers like ours. It's difficult to watch because you could end up giving up 43 points. You have to remember there's two elements to F1 - there's a drivers' championship and a constructors' championship."
Mark Webber, who finished second: "The first part of the grand prix went very well for us. In the end we got the right strategy and after the last stop the team told me to turn the engine down. Seb made his own decisions and will have protection as usual. I turned my engine down and as we know he's a quick pedaller."

Allan Webber [Mark's father on Sky Sports: "I am disappointed. We're with Red Bull and Red Bull is a European company and they probably wanted a European driver to win but Seb is a great driver.

"He's not a happy camper how he deals with it down the line we'll have to see, I think he'll be throwing a few toys around later. It was a frustrating day but I think he deserved better.

"Today we didn't think we'd be on the podium, so a one-two is a great day. I am just disappointed it's not my boy who is number one."
Sebastian Vettel issues an apology to Mark Webber: "I want to say sorry to Mark. He was trying to save the car and tyres, but I took a lot of risk in passing him when he was trying. I didn't ignore that, but I shouldn't have done it."

Driver Standings updated https://www.nairaland.com/1205552/formula-one-f1-2013-official/2#14795228
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 11:40am On Mar 24, 2013
Mark Webber is such a diva! He should chill with the pity party already! Not condoning Vettel's behavior but for all his agidi the race was still Webber's to lose!! Vettel just wanted it more and I can understand why! 2 pole positions with no wins woulda been bad for his psyche

Note to Alonso: Know when to be aggressive and wait your turn! Dude overtook Massa at the start and got greedy! His reward is 22pts behind Vettel already puts him under pressure to perform in China
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 12:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
@A-40, I will send your post to the scudereria team tongue cheesy grin
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by aieromon(m): 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2013
I really don't blame Vettel for his hunger to finish first. They did great(both drivers) and should sort themselves out before the next race.

I hope this stunt doesn't backfire.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by aieromon(m): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2013
A-40:

Note to Alonso: Know when to be aggressive and wait your turn! Dude overtook Massa at the start and got greedy! His reward is 22pts behind Vettel already puts him under pressure to perform in China

Lesson well learnt. Its back to the drawing board.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2013
biolabee: @A-40, I will send your post to the scudereria team tongue cheesy grin
Hehehehe my belle just dey sweet anyhow as Alonso crash for lap 2! Dude went kamikaze needlessly it was his gra gra that made him crash into the back of Vettel and break his wing! Had he stayed 2nd he woulda been in a much better position now
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by montelik(m): 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2013
I like Vettel, but my affinity for him doesn't mean I will try to excuse his actions. This was needless and senseless competitiveness in just the 2nd race of the season. Even noted "win at all cost" Schumacher saved his gamesmanship for when it was really necessary. As regards Webber being a diva for his blunt but truthful reaction. News flash, every F1 driver has made similar complaints when they have been on the receiving of bad luck. They are all ego filled, Lewis, Felipe, Fernando, Kimi, Jenson e.t.c. In fact Sebastien is an even bigger diva than most when shit hits him.

It was so hilarious to see Lewis pull in the Mclaren pit lane, guess his heart is still there. Just like when Button pulled into the Red Bull pit lane in 2011 grin

Alonso wins the dunce hat for the day. What a Maldonado/Grosjean 2012 type decision to stay out and not fix his wing immediately. He could easily have taken out others and caused serious carnage.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2013
A-40:

Hehehehe my belle just dey sweet anyhow as Alonso crash for lap 2! Dude went kamikaze needlessly it was his gra gra that made him crash into the back of Vettel and break his wing! Had he stayed 2nd he woulda been in a much better position now

Was happy a little when i saw it on bbc.. too but other drivers will suffer crashes
#PartofTheGame

aieromon: I really don't blame Vettel for his hunger to finish first. They did great(both drivers) and should sort themselves out before the next race.

I bet you it will

montelik: I like Vettel, but my affinity for him doesn't mean I will try to excuse his actions. This was needless and senseless competitiveness in just the 2nd race of the season. Even noted "win at all cost" Schumacher saved his gamesmanship for when it was really necessary. As regards Webber being a diva for his blunt but truthful reaction. News flash, every F1 driver has made similar complaints when they have been on the receiving of bad luck. They are all ego filled, Lewis, Felipe, Fernando, Kimi, Jenson e.t.c. In fact Sebastien is an even bigger diva than most when shit hits him.

It was so hilarious to see Lewis pull in the Mclaren pit lane, guess his heart is still there. Just like when Button pulled into the Red Bull pit lane in 2011 grin

Alonso wins the dunce hat for the day. What a Maldonado/Grosjean 2012 type decision to stay out and not fix his wing immediately. He could easily have taken out others and caused serious carnage.

The one still pales to his comments in 2010 when he said nothing can stop him winning then; focussing on Webber he forgot about SV who stole it from two of them
E dey happen grin grin
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by montelik(m): 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2013

McLaren ‏@TheFifthDriver; Feel free to pop in and say "hi" any time, @LewisHamilton!

grin

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by iykmora(m): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2013
lolz @ HAMILTON .....choi i would have helped him remove his tires and if possible suck out most of his fuel b4 giving him d ticket for illegal pitting. Itz still early days for f1 competition, though they shouldn't give Vettel space to dictate cos they knw what he's capabl of!
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Delafruita(m): 8:30pm On Mar 24, 2013
A-40:
Mark Webber is such a diva! He should chill with the pity party already! Not condoning Vettel's behavior but for all his agidi the race was still Webber's to lose!! Vettel just wanted it more and I can understand why! 2 pole positions with no wins woulda been bad for his psyche

ignorance.webber was asked to turn his engine down because the principal wanted both cars to finish in good condition.vettel was specifically asked to maintain the current position but he decided to disobey and put 46points and the constructor's championship at risk all because he wanted more points for himself.thats selfishness.

rosberg was in a similar situation.hamilton was asked to slow down so as to conserve fuel.rosberg wanted to overtake as he felt he was going faster to which the principal responded "lewis can go faster as well".and what happened?rosberg obeyed

2 Likes

Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Delafruita(m): 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2013
aieromon: I really don't blame Vettel for his hunger to finish first. They did great(both drivers) and should sort themselves out before the next race.

the stunt will surely backfire because i dont see webber obeying any future instructions.now its going to be more of every man for himself.there's just 26points between them and their closest rivals in the constructors championship.i doubt they'd win that this year.it was apparent webber didnt accept vettel's apology and he was certain vettel will not face any discipline from the team managers.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 8:43pm On Mar 24, 2013
Delafruita:
the stunt will surely backfire because i dont see webber obeying any future instructions.now its going to be more of every man for himself.there's just 26points between them and their closest rivals in the constructors championship.i doubt they'd win that this year.it was apparent webber didnt accept vettel's apology and he was certain vettel will not face any discipline from the team managers.

True.. its early days and he would still be ahead anyway
He did not see the big picture and nearly jeopardised 43 constructor points
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 12:18am On Mar 25, 2013
Delafruita:
ignorance.webber was asked to turn his engine down because the principal wanted both cars to finish in good condition.vettel was specifically asked to maintain the current position but he decided to disobey and put 46points and the constructor's championship at risk all because he wanted more points for himself.thats selfishness.

rosberg was in a similar situation.hamilton was asked to slow down so as to conserve fuel.rosberg wanted to overtake as he felt he was going faster to which the principal responded "lewis can go faster as well".and what happened?rosberg obeyed
Abeg shut up! Webber did not exactly give up his spot meekly if not there wouldn't have been such a fierce battle for positions in the end Vettel was wrong but Webber's whining and sulking was just as annoying to watch

montelik: I like Vettel, but my affinity for him doesn't mean I will try to excuse his actions. This was needless and senseless competitiveness in just the 2nd race of the season. Even noted "win at all cost" Schumacher saved his gamesmanship for when it was really necessary. As regards Webber being a diva for his blunt but truthful reaction. News flash, every F1 driver has made similar complaints when they have been on the receiving of bad luck. They are all ego filled, Lewis, Felipe, Fernando, Kimi, Jenson e.t.c. In fact Sebastien is an even bigger diva than most when shit hits him.
I don't feel bad for Webber if it where down to him alone RBR wouldn't be 3 times WC! He coulda still won that race if he tried hard enough
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Venchy: 1:31am On Mar 25, 2013
It can only get better for my man Hamilton, right decision to leave McLaren, they are flop as usual, i feel for Button.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2013
A-40:
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
ALONSO OUT!
Overskill don kill d ninja again

pls let me just forget about this useless race. i came home, waited 2 hrs for the race while drinking Red Bull (ouch!!!) and within the second corner of the race, it was all over. as for Vettel move, oh well, i guess the gloves are off now at RBR, lol!

Ham tried sha, right now he is showing the whole world that he made the right choices.........hopefully it will last the whole season.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by omar22(m): 9:06am On Apr 11, 2013
Alonso is experience to know that he would lose downforce but doesnt want to end up at the back of the pack, Ferrari are experince enough to know that they would get flagged.

Another brain fart by Ferrari but Alonso thought the WDC is at the end of the Malaysian GP.... its a marathon not a sprint.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by omodapson(m): 8:05am On Apr 13, 2013
Impressive from Hamilton. His first pole for Mercedes, hope he records many more. He's just been fantastic this race week.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 6:58pm On Apr 13, 2013
^^ Hamilton & Mercedes own that track really! They have massively improved and they look like they could push the Bulls and Raris and be competitive

Horrible weekend for Red Bull I don't remember ever seeing them so clueless! Vettel could only make 9th and Webber is last on the grid

If Alonso like make he do aseju again! This race would still be about who manages their tires better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo And Teammates Celebrate Nations League Win With Fans(Photos) / AFCON: We’ll Lift Trophy For Those Who Died Watching Us, Nigeria — Super Eagles / John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.