Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season (24494 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 / Super Eagles Match Statistics For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2013
alonso fully in the points #greatdriver
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
A-40:
Perez and Button all out war! That Perez dude is an average/poor racer in my eyes if not for the financial backing he has that dude shouldn't be in F1

David Coulthard, BBC F1 co-commentator
"You have to give Perez credit where it's due. That was fantastic, aggressive driving and Jenson Button just had no answer."
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 2:41pm On Apr 21, 2013
SV!!!

sad for webber who even lost to perez and lewis
i dont blame the RBR team for pushing through SV ahead of MW

whoo hoo!!
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
Good job by Lewis and suprise suprise Alonso also made the points. Rosberg must be kicking himself from pole to 9th!!

@biolabee
Perez could have cost them both the race! Strategy worked today I'd give him that.
Webber is a wasteman just look at how he was passed at the end? This is not the ninja you want leading your title charge
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2013
A-40:
Good job by Lewis and suprise suprise Alonso also made the points. Rosberg must be kicking himself from pole to 9th!!

@biolabee
Perez could have cost them both the race! Strategy worked today I'd give him that.
Webber is a wasteman just look at how he was passed at the end? This is not the ninja you want leading your title charge

Also the Lotus cars were excellent
I guess you have to go give it to SV, his wheel to wheel with Alonso and his pass on NR shows he is a fighter

Mark gave up to Lewis and Perez

Perez is one mad chico LOL
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by montelik(m): 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2013
Wonder what the stewards will decide for the incidents under investigation. There was some really aggressive and robust defensive driving today. Thankfully there were no major accidents.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by babyboy3(m): 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
Drivers of the Day: Vettel, Lewis and Kimi

Loonies of the DAY: Rosberg, Perez and Button
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 3:00pm On Apr 21, 2013
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by babyboy3(m): 3:08pm On Apr 21, 2013
Fantastic race by the Lotus duo and Vettel. Great fun watching Perez today. Im not an Alono fan, but he was very unfortunate today. Kinda weird where Massa shredded two sets of tires. Fantastic drive by Hamilton, and good fighting with Webber, speaking of which, the Malaysia situation looks like the right one now, as Webber is nowhere near Vettel, and that hit on Rosberg was pure arrogance. He completely ignored Rosberg's existence there.
And by the way, where is the guy who prophesized ROSBERG BEATING HAMILTON? Please come on now and speak what you were thinking when making that statement.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by montelik(m): 3:09pm On Apr 21, 2013
Driver of the day:- Di Resta and Force India for a brilliant race, barely missing out on a podium. It was also fun to see Alonso moving through the field the old fashioned way (No DRS).
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 4:17pm On Apr 21, 2013
baby-boy:
Drivers of the Day: Vettel, Lewis and Kimi, Roman, Di Resta

Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2013
Di Resta and the Force India are much improved this year! Nobody is slacking compared to previous years really so if Alonso thinks the title fight is between him and Vettel he would be dead wrong!

Button was awful today man! One woulda thought Hamilton's exit would catapult him to contention doesn't seem to be the case
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by babyboy3(m): 6:01am On Apr 22, 2013
A-40:
Di Resta and the Force India are much improved this year! Nobody is slacking compared to previous years really so if Alonso thinks the title fight is between him and Vettel he would be dead wrong!

Button was awful today man! One woulda thought Hamilton's exit would catapult him to contention doesn't seem to be the case

Button... on the radio... Let Charlie Whiting know, i was pushed off the track... blah blah blah he needs to grow some balls ... He drives his team mate off the track
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by montelik(m): 6:48am On Apr 22, 2013
^^ Perez was asking for it.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 22, 2013
bro A-40
there was only one person who could have challenged the top spot yesterday against Vettel (there was only one person who had the car for it) and that was Alonso. unless they get their act together and quickly fit upgrade, this part of the season is between Alonso and Vettel, and who will make the less mistake (and at the moment thats Vettel)

they said Perez sponsors were there, so he had to show that he is doing the biz.......the way Button was laughing on the radio while talking to his eng. was priceless though.

baby-boy:
Drivers of the Day: Vettel, Lewis and Kimi

biolabee: Drivers of the Day: Vettel, Lewis and Kimi, Roman, Di Resta

see this enemies of the truth!!!! Alonso got 1 more schedule stop than anybody out there, had a car that was CLEARLY slower than pack, yet made brilliant overtake moves on Mc Larens etc, and still managed to finish 8th......and you guys have the audacity to not put him at the top of your "driver of the day" list? obviously, your support for other teams/drivers does not make you see clearly. abeg guys, open your eyes, lol!
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by omar22(m): 10:40am On Apr 22, 2013
MRbrownJAY: bro A-40
see this enemies of the truth!!!! Alonso got 1 more schedule stop than anybody out there, had a car that was CLEARLY slower than pack, yet made brilliant overtake moves on Mc Larens etc, and still managed to finish 8th......and you guys have the audacity to not put him at the top of your "driver of the day" list? obviously, your support for other teams/drivers does not make you see clearly. abeg guys, open your eyes, lol!

And how did you work that out... he drove the fastest car on track without the DRS!!!Apart from that he did nothing special! He blasted past Webber twice last season when he drove with a failed KERS in India and Austin (US)

But Perez forcing Button to call for team order was classic
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 10:44am On Apr 22, 2013
there was only one person who could have challenged the top spot yesterday against Vettel (there was only one person who had the car for it) and that was Alonso. unless they get their act together and quickly fit upgrade, this part of the season is between Alonso and Vettel, and who will make the less mistake (and at the moment thats Vettel)

they said Perez sponsors were there, so he had to show that he is doing the biz.......the way Button was laughing on the radio while talking to his eng. was priceless though.

Alonso did well but the same way SV's drive last race of the last season for 21dt to 7th was discounted by his beefers that his car is better than half the field

Ok.. FA shd be there
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by omar22(m): 10:48am On Apr 22, 2013
biolabee:

Alonso did well but the same way SV's drive last race of the last season for 21dt to 7th was discounted by his beefers that his car is better than half the field

Ok.. FA shd be there

Actually it was from the pit lane to 3rd
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2013
Alonso has made two mistakes already! Whose to say he wouldn't make more? He doesn't have the luxury of the good start he had last season. Do not overlook the threat of Kimi Raikonnen the iceman
The Ferrari is arguably the fastest car on the grid and he is already 30pts behind Vettel what happens when the other teams improve

MRbrownJAY:

Vettel went from pit-lane to 3rd, 21st to 6th but Alonso fanboys said he had a quick car like Alonso's car is slow

omar22:

Actually it was from the pit lane to 3rd
Je ki won gbo
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 22, 2013
see as they get mouth now to say that Alonso's drive wasnt the shiit, while last yr all of you hailed Vettel the greatest after he did exactly the same, IN A PERFECTLY WORKING RBR CAR..........haba!!!!!

if what Vettel did last yr was the shiiit (as you guys like to claim), then how dare you people not calling Alonso's drive just the same?! i am smelling a whiff of hypocrisy here, lol!

bro A-40 abeg show me what were the "2 mistakes" that Alonso did? yesterday was all about car troubles and not human error. car trouble can always be fixed for the next race, lack of driving skills cannot.....this is why people like Alonso remain in the point whether he drives in a perfect car or one that is average/damaged. it is called TALENT/SKILLS
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
MRbrownJAY: see as they get mouth now to say that Alonso's drive wasnt the shiit, while last yr all of you hailed Vettel the greatest after he did exactly the same, IN A PERFECTLY WORKING RBR CAR..........haba!!!!!
Vettel came to a complete stop and was facing the wrong way turning his car and getting back on track must have cost him at least 10 seconds. Alonso finished 8th not 6th nor 3rd so I don't think they deserve equal credit

MRbrownJAY:
if what Vettel did last yr was the shiiit (as you guys like to claim), then how dare you people not calling Alonso's drive just the same?! i am smelling a whiff of hypocrisy here, lol!

bro A-40 abeg show me what were the "2 mistakes" that Alonso did? yesterday was all about car troubles and not human error. car trouble can always be fixed for the next race, lack of driving skills cannot.....this is why people like Alonso remain in the point whether he drives in a perfect car or one that is average/damaged. it is called TALENT/SKILLS

The Ferrari is arguably the fastest car on race day I have been saying this since last season but Alonso fanboys always have an excuse for him when he comes up short! "Give him a faster car he would win" and all that megedefegede I'm happy people like you are admitting he has a great car this year so if or when he falls short we wouldn't hear any excuses
Alonso's over enthusiasm at the jump was what got him in trouble in Malaysia (mistake number 1) he made another one over the weekend whether you want to admit it or not!
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
A-40:

Vettel came to a complete stop and was facing the wrong way turning his car and getting back on track must have cost him at least 10 seconds. Alonso finished 8th not 6th nor 3rd so I don't think they deserve equal credit

lol, 10 tiny seconds when Alonso had to pit twice because of some bloody DRS failure...... that is much more than 10 seconds lost. the reason i believe they deserve equal credit is because Vettel did it with a perfect car while Alonso had to do it raw. if you think that Vettel's drive is any better than what Alonso did yesterday then fair enough, thats your opinion.

The Ferrari is arguably the fastest car on race day I have been saying this since last season but Alonso fanboys always have an excuse for him when he comes up short! "Give him a faster car he would win" and all that megedefegede I'm happy people like you are admitting he has a great car this year so if or when he falls short we wouldn't hear any excuses
Alonso's over enthusiasm at the jump was what got him in trouble in Malaysia (mistake number 1) he made another one over the weekend whether you want to admit it or not!

come bro, you are better than this, all these words but no concrete answer?! what mistake did Alonso make this weekend? or do you want to blame him for opening his DRS while in the proper zone? there is no excuse for Alonso/ Ferraris when they fukc up. last race he made a mistake and paid for it, nobody tried to find excuses.
so as the president of the Fernando Alonso fan of NL (lol), let me just say this:" the championship will be long, one DNF is nothing, so get a hold of yourself!"
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 11:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

lol, 10 tiny seconds when Alonso had to pit twice because of some bloody DRS failure...... that is much more than 10 seconds lost. the reason i believe they deserve equal credit is because Vettel did it with a perfect car while Alonso had to do it raw. if you think that Vettel's drive is any better than what Alonso did yesterday then fair enough, thats your opinion.
You are forgetting one teensy weensy little detail! Vettel had to creep up the field not once but twice!!!
DRS is only an aid stop making it sound like its impossible to race without it

MRbrownJAY:
come bro, you are better than this, all these words but no concrete answer?! what mistake did Alonso make this weekend? or do you want to blame him for opening his DRS while in the proper zone? there is no excuse for Alonso/ Ferraris when they fukc up. last race he made a mistake and paid for it, nobody tried to find excuses.
so as the president of the Fernando Alonso fan of NL (lol), let me just say this:" the championship will be long, one DNF is nothing, so get a hold of yourself!"
Loool you said this DNF shyte last season bruh I don't see how a DNF for Vettel favors Alonso unless he wins the race in question! And u know how immaculate Seb can be at times
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by babyboy3(m): 6:23am On Apr 23, 2013
MRbrownJAY: see as they get mouth now to say that Alonso's drive wasnt the shiit, while last yr all of you hailed Vettel the greatest after he did exactly the same, IN A PERFECTLY WORKING RBR CAR..........haba!!!!!

Vettel was 29 points behind Alonso after the Singapore GP last year... are you sure he had a perfect car Alonso's Ferrari was faster than the RB8 in Monza a high speed track Even Massi was Faster...

Alonso is driving the fastest car so HE HAS NO EXCUSE THIS SEASON
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2013
baby-boy:

Vettel was 29 points behind Alonso after the Singapore GP last year... are you sure he had a perfect car Alonso's Ferrari was faster than the RB8 in Monza a high speed track Even Massi was Faster...

Alonso is driving the fastest car so HE HAS NO EXCUSE THIS SEASON

Yes he has one of the fastest car out there at the moment and the championship should truly be his at the end of the season, but Baba Ijebu told me that some forces of darkness are hard at work against him at the moment (even a blind man could see that..... 2 failures in 4 races, haba!!!)
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
More to come from checo

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh reckons driver Sergio Perez will face the remainder of the season with renewed confidence following his sixth-place in Bahrain, despite his on-track clash with team-mate Jenson Button.

The 23-year-old Perez was described by team-mate Jenson Button as "dangerous" and "dirty" following the race in which they banged wheels and with the Mexican losing part of his front wing after running into the Briton.

"He demonstrated the passion, the spark that people expect to see from him," added Whitmarsh.

"I don't suppose Mr [Fernando] Alonso was ultra happy afterwards, nor [Mark] Webber, nor others, and that is what we expect and want from him, and that is what he delivered.

"That's what other people expect from him - that fire, that spark."

Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2013
^^^^ well said! he drove like he meant business......and it was entertaining to watch.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by omar22(m): 11:32am On Apr 24, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

Yes he has one of the fastest car out there at the moment and the championship should truly be his at the end of the season, but Baba Ijebu told me that some forces of darkness are hard at work against him at the moment (even a blind man could see that..... 2 failures in 4 races, haba!!!)

2 failures REALLY!!!! if am correct Alonso did hit Vettel's car (or should I say ran into Vettel's car)in Seipang...

In Malaysia Alonso had the 3rd fastest time w/o 2 DRS....
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by omar22(m): 11:35am On Apr 24, 2013
biolabee: More to come from checo

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh reckons driver Sergio Perez will face the remainder of the season with renewed confidence following his sixth-place in Bahrain, despite his on-track clash with team-mate Jenson Button.

The 23-year-old Perez was described by team-mate Jenson Button as "dangerous" and "dirty" following the race in which they banged wheels and with the Mexican losing part of his front wing after running into the Briton.

"He demonstrated the passion, the spark that people expect to see from him," added Whitmarsh.

"I don't suppose Mr [Fernando] Alonso was ultra happy afterwards, nor [Mark] Webber, nor others, and that is what we expect and want from him, and that is what he delivered.

"That's what other people expect from him - that fire, that spark."

More like driving like a mad man when he knows that Carlos Slims and his brother were present
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 11:40am On Apr 24, 2013
omar22:

More like driving like a mad man when he knows that Carlos Slims and his brother were present

LOL

Mad checo
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 11:42am On Apr 24, 2013
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ well said! he drove like he meant business......and it was entertaining to watch.

True he did well coming from second ten to end 5th but he almost jeopardised his teams constructor challenge

Reminded me of vettel and webber
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 24, 2013
omar22: 2 failures REALLY!!!! if am correct Alonso did hit Vettel's car (or should I say ran into Vettel's car)in Seipang...

running into someone at the start of a race is pretty common when you are behind, thats when most bumping around happens.

In Malaysia Alonso had the 3rd fastest time w/o 2 DRS....

that should tell you about the skills of this driver, duh!

omar22: More like driving like a mad man when he knows that Carlos Slims and his brother were present

driving like a mad man is what Ham was also good at, but sometimes he does some pretty fantastic moves......thats the difference between greats and not so greats.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo And Teammates Celebrate Nations League Win With Fans(Photos) / John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today / AFCON: We’ll Lift Trophy For Those Who Died Watching Us, Nigeria — Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.