Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,258 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season (24495 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 / Super Eagles Match Statistics For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 13, 2013
bro, you are still doubting the strength of the Ferraris this yr?! as you can see, Alonso is always there when its needed of him.

tyre management is the deal these days.......and its going to remain like this the whole season.

as for Hamilton, we all saw how they faded during the last race....tyre management is not up to scratch with the Merc team.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 8:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
MRbrownJAY: bro, you are still doubting the strength of the Ferraris this yr?! as you can see, Alonso is always there when its needed of him.

tyre management is the deal these days.......and its going to remain like this the whole season.

as for Hamilton, we all saw how they faded during the last race....tyre management is not up to scratch with the Merc team.
I'm not doubting their strength I never did! Alonso supporters always argued that his car was the slowest and he is doing the impossible by competing for the title I always opined that the Raris are not as bad as advertised
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by montelik(m): 7:56am On Apr 14, 2013
I smell an Alonso victory. Some how I suspect Lewis whether will manage his tyres well enough.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by montelik(m): 8:39am On Apr 14, 2013
This has been an incident packed race and I can see more coming.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 8:46am On Apr 14, 2013
Well Hamilton couldn't hang on to his lead for long! The question really is how did Kimi start so slow?

Webber out by the way
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 8:54am On Apr 14, 2013
Rosberg out! I would whoze the next person that tells me the Raris are not one of the fastest if not the fastest car on the grid
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by montelik(m): 9:06am On Apr 14, 2013
Don't you know the Ferrari is a donkey, not a prancing horse. When Alonso is fast, its testament to his heroic ability, when Vettel does its because of Newey, Luck, superior car e.t.c.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by omodapson(m): 9:06am On Apr 14, 2013
Ferrari are really proving their worth and Alonso is a master racer.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 9:16am On Apr 14, 2013
Vettel due another stop because he must get on the softs! A podium place is iffy right now

montelik: Don't you know the Ferrari is a donkey, not a prancing horse. When Alonso is fast, its testament to his heroic ability, when Vettel does its because of Newey, Luck, superior car e.t.c.
I'm happy some of them have finally admitted they have a car this year so if they don't win we don't expect any excuses
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by omodapson(m): 9:26am On Apr 14, 2013
Alonso's performance is 'man and machine coming together in perfect harmony' emphasis mine. ..
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 9:40am On Apr 14, 2013
Just like I suspected! Vettel would not make the podium! I think he coulda managed his tires better lost a lot of time at crucial parts of the race although its not so bad as he started 9th on the grid
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 9:43am On Apr 14, 2013
Alonso wins!!! Super stuff from Vettel and Hamilton at the death
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 14, 2013
aaaaAAAAAAAA[size=14pt]AAAALONSO!!!!![/size]
yep, Alonso was just on fire today.... as for Vettel, he really came back strong on Ham, it was real close.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by montelik(m): 9:59am On Apr 14, 2013
Always felt this was Alonso race, right from qualifying and he duly delivered. Seb got over excited in the final 2 turns, and just missed out on the podium. But my is Kimi driving the wheels of that Lotus.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by babyboy3(m): 10:25am On Apr 14, 2013
Great race really enjoyed it.....

Mercedes not there yet...... (poor race pace)

Lotus..... havent got the full package but Kimi did a good job

McLaren ?? Nuff said

Ferrari did great.....

RBR.... Vettel is turning into a Nob
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 11:37am On Apr 14, 2013
I hope yall can now see why Vettel didn't wait for any team orders at Malay he woulda been sitting on 45pts now! While the sitting duck that is Webber retires again
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by montelik(m): 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2013
^^ Bulls*it. There will be GPs where he will need Webber to provide the assist (as Webber has done in previous years) and he can be damn sure no such thing will happen now. Horner is already claiming he will just let both guys do their own thing, which is an indirect way of him saying team spirit is done. If the WDC is tight this season like last year, he will need consideration and then he will be screwed.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by iykmora(m): 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2013
1. Fernando Alonso-Ferrari-1:36:26.945
2. Kimi Raikkonen-Lotus-1:36:37.113
3. Lewis Hamilton-Mercedes-1:36:39.267
4. Sebastian Vettel-Red Bull-1:36:39.470
5. Jenson Button-McLaren-1:37:02.230
6. Felipe Massa-Ferrari-1:37:07.772
7. Daniel Ricciardo-Toro Rosso-1:37:09.636
8. Paul di Resta-Force India-1:37:18.029
9. Romain Grosjean-Lotus-1:37:20.368
10. Nico Hulkenberg-Sauber-1:37:23.543
11. Sergio Perez-McLaren-1:37:30.805
12. Jean-Eric Vergne-Toro Rosso-1:37:39.549
13. Valtteri Bottas-Williams-1:38:00.806
14. Pastor Maldonado-Williams-1:38:02.398
15. Jules Bianchi-Marussia-1:41.537
lapped
16. Charles Pic-Caterham-1:41.997
lapped
17. Max Chilton-Marussia-1:41.978 lapped
18. Giedo van der Garde-Caterham lapped
19. Nico Rosberg - Mercedes - retired, 21 laps
20. Mark Webber - Red Bull - retired, 15 laps
21. Adrian Sutil - Force India - retired, 5 laps
22. Esteban Gutierrez - Sauber - retired, 4 laps
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 2:03pm On Apr 14, 2013
montelik: ^^ Bulls*it. There will be GPs where he will need Webber to provide the assist (as Webber has done in previous years) and he can be damn sure no such thing will happen now. Horner is already claiming he will just let both guys do their own thing, which is an indirect way of him saying team spirit is done. If the WDC is tight this season like last year, he will need consideration and then he will be screwed.
Where was Webber to provide the assist at Interlagos when he refused to yield for Vettel to pass him? It took Schumacher's symbolic gesture to secure Seb the title! Go and look at last year's run-in and show me where Webber handed Vettel any assists. There's never been any love lost between them anyway and should Webber directly cost Vettel the title you can be sure he would be tossed at the end of the season
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by iykmora(m): 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2013
1 S Vettel Red Bull 52
2 K Raikkonen Lotus 49
3 F Alonso Ferrari 43
4 L Hamilton Mercedes 40
5 F Massa Ferrari 30
6 M Webber Red Bull 26
7 N Rosberg Mercedes 12
8 J Button McLaren 12
9 R Grosjean Lotus 11
10 P di Resta Force India 8
11 D Ricciardo Toro Rosso 6
12 A Sutil Force India 6
13 N Hulkenberg Sauber 5
14 S Perez McLaren 2
15 J Vergne Toro Rosso 1
16 V Bottas Williams 0
17 E Gutierrez Sauber 0
18 J Bianchi Marussia 0
19 C Pic Caterham 0
20 P Maldonado Williams 0
21 G van der Garde Caterham 0
22 M Chilton Marussia 0
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by montelik(m): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
Bull, Webber was running interference for Vettel at Interlagos. They pitted him unexpectedly and ended up putting him behind Webber who was running his own race strategy but he then changed tactics, to clear the way for him, before he pitted and let Vettel past. Its not just about allowing your teammate past. Its stuff like your team mate sharing performance information on a different set of tyres so as help your decision making e.t.c.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 5:53pm On Apr 14, 2013
montelik: Bull, Webber was running interference for Vettel at Interlagos. They pitted him unexpectedly and ended up putting him behind Webber who was running his own race strategy but he then changed tactics, to clear the way for him, before he pitted and let Vettel past. Its not just about allowing your teammate past. Its stuff like your team mate sharing performance information on a different set of tyres so as help your decision making e.t.c.
What interference megedefegede are you talking about? He was no help to Vettel on the day and when they where head to head he refused to yield! Its what we saw and I'm sure Vettel held that incident to heart which was what unfolded in Malaysia
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
I don't think Webber has openly helped Vettel secure any race win. Maybe he has but I seriously doubt it.
I think this championship would be equally exciting as last year's. I expect a lot of different winners in each race.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 4:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
Darthmaul: I don't think Webber has openly helped Vettel secure any race win. Maybe he has but I seriously doubt it.
I think this championship would be equally exciting as last year's. I expect a lot of different winners in each race.
He damn near cost him the championship at Interlagos! Infact had Vettel relied on Webber for favors last year he woulda been screwed judging by how poorly he drove in the penultimate races
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by babyboy3(m): 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
If Redbull had put their weight behind webber in 2010 he would have won the title but RBR used Webber as a pawn to trick Ferrari and they fell for it... In Brazil they could have asked Vettel to let Webber win but no, in Japan the same but no.... Webber led Vettel on points into the last race at Abu-Dhabi but RBR used Webber as dummy and Ferrari / Alonso fell for it, because Alonso only had to finish in front of Webber to win the WDC but they forgot that they needed 4th place as well instead of Ferrari concentrating on their own race they were so wrapped up with what was happening to Webber, that when they called Webber in for a dummy pit stop, Alonso followed Webber in and came out behind Petrov, Kubica and Rosberg who Alonso had to pass to win the tittle.... They practically handed the title to Vettel but my argument were that Vettel/RBR had chance to hand Webber his first title but did nothing.....
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 3:54am On Apr 18, 2013
baby-boy:
If Redbull had put their weight behind webber in 2010 he would have won the title but RBR used Webber as a pawn to trick Ferrari and they fell for it... In Brazil they could have asked Vettel to let Webber win but no, in Japan the same but no.... Webber led Vettel on points into the last race at Abu-Dhabi but RBR used Webber as dummy and Ferrari / Alonso fell for it, because Alonso only had to finish in front of Webber to win the WDC but they forgot that they needed 4th place as well instead of Ferrari concentrating on their own race they were so wrapped up with what was happening to Webber, that when they called Webber in for a dummy pit stop, Alonso followed Webber in and came out behind Petrov, Kubica and Rosberg who Alonso had to pass to win the tittle.... They practically handed the title to Vettel but my argument were that Vettel/RBR had chance to hand Webber his first title but did nothing.....
Webber was never going to be the main guy at RBR! Prior to joining them he had always been a journeyman and an also-ran! Vettel had more upside and had always been the faster driver
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by omar22(m): 9:28am On Apr 18, 2013
A-40:

Webber was never going to be the main guy at RBR! Prior to joining them he had always been a journeyman and an also-ran! Vettel had more upside and had always been the faster driver

Yeah but Webber was the Main man before David Coultard retired but the moment Vettel tried out as a reserve driver at BMW, they realised that they have a gem on their hand and also winning a race with Torro Rosso got Dr Marko to conclude that Vettel would be their new number 1 driver, but I agree with Baby Boy, no other would risk loosing everything and not back the leading driver. Ferrari acted like a desperate monkey, RBR saw it, and decided to threw them a banana, which they jumped at and fell short.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 11:32am On Apr 18, 2013
omar22:

Yeah but Webber was the Main man before David Coultard retired but the moment Vettel tried out as a reserve driver at BMW, they realised that they have a gem on their hand and also winning a race with Torro Rosso got Dr Marko to conclude that Vettel would be their new number 1 driver, but I agree with Baby Boy, no other would risk loosing everything and not back the leading driver. Ferrari acted like a desperate monkey, RBR saw it, and decided to threw them a banana, which they jumped at and fell short.
Bad strategy by Ferrari they where clearly outsmarted but you have to wonder if Webber knew about the whole plan I'm not sure he willingly ceded the Championship to Vettel
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by babyboy3(m): 7:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
omar22:

Yeah but Webber was the Main man before David Coultard retired but the moment Vettel tried out as a reserve driver at BMW, they realised that they have a gem on their hand and also winning a race with Torro Rosso got Dr Marko to conclude that Vettel would be their new number 1 driver, but I agree with Baby Boy, no other team would risk loosing everything and not back the leading driver. Ferrari acted like a desperate monkey, RBR saw it, and decided to threw them a banana, which they jumped at and fell short.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 20, 2013
Bahrein qualifying is not even on the way and Ham already got himself a 5 place grid penalty..... coupled with their tyre
degradation issues, it doesnt look like it is going to be a great weekend for the Hamster.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 12:02pm On Apr 20, 2013
MRbrownJAY: Bahrein qualifying is not even on the way and Ham already got himself a 5 place grid penalty..... coupled with their tyre
degradation issues, it doesnt look like it is going to be a great weekend for the Hamster.
Lol at the Hamster! Dude stays making errors!

Still don't think Vettel has managed his tyre selection well this season but with that being said Alonso has been a beast so far! And he keeps saying his car is not as quick as the RBR's and Lotus! What a whiner
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by montelik(m): 12:03pm On Apr 20, 2013
Webber and Guiterrez get 3 and 5 place grid penalties for causing accidents. Why should a driver get a lesser penalty for causing an accident than a fairly harmless gear box change. Even though I understand the arguments why this is so, it doesn't sit well with me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo And Teammates Celebrate Nations League Win With Fans(Photos) / John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today / AFCON: We’ll Lift Trophy For Those Who Died Watching Us, Nigeria — Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.