Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Advice Atheists Thread - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advice Atheists Thread (4214 Views)

Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit / Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up / Dawkins Tells Atheists To "Mock Religion With Contempt," And Ravi's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Atheists Thread by ijawkid(m): 5:40pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy, in an ideal situation your plans won't work here in nigeria............I heard ooman saying a good step is to remove God from schools...........that's complete rubbish if you ask me...schools is rarely a place that makes one religious......the best way you can do this that's if you're fire resistant(incase you are burnt up..lol) and can ofcus endure immense torture is by going from house to house to proselytize individuals into atheism..because its not actually our schools that has made us religious or come to have an indepth knowledge and love of God,rather its the scriptures and also our parents who have inculcated in us such LOVE.............

My advice:::.....stay away from a country like nigeria with this your plans,because you won't survive a day with it..............evangelist LOGICBOY.......grin....if you're coming to 9ja let it be you're coming to find a job in the oil and gas industries here in the niger delta(your place)...............I don tell you ooooooo........because I know when you come you and your ilks will also press for the legalization of gay marraige like never before....that too would get you into kirikiri.........I don tell you my own finish..........
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by mazaje(m): 5:41pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Why not pray for me? angry

I am not going for a suicide mission now cry

Okay, if you dont believe in me or any of my ideas, so what are you going to do? Just enjoy your atheism in peace? Eh, the easy life?

I don't believe in universal atheism. . .Nigerians need enlightenment and education, the same type that made me become an atheist on MY OWN. I was exposed to many things. . .Had access to many things. . .That made me understand how religion and gods came about. . .How religious books were written, who wrote them, the period they were written, why they were written, and how they were complied etc. . .The average Nigerian just believes the bible or the koran just fell from heaven. . .Education is it. . .

That is what Nigeria needs not the in your face approach that will only get you in trouble in a society that is completely backward, mostly unexposed and under educated or uneducated. . .
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 24, 2013
ijawkid: Logicboy, in an ideal situation your plans won't work here in nigeria............I heard ooman saying a good step is to remove God from schools...........that's complete rubbish if you ask me...schools is rarely a place that makes one religious......the best way you can do this that's if you're fire resistant(incase you are burnt up..lol) and can ofcus endure immense torture is by going from house to house to proselytize individuals into atheism..because its not actually our schools that has made us religious or come to have an indepth knowledge and love of God,rather its the scriptures and also our parents who have inculcated in us such LOVE.............

My advice:::.....stay away from a country like nigeria with this your plans,because you won't survive a day with it..............evangelist LOGICBOY.......grin....if you're coming to 9ja let it be you're coming to find a job in the oil and gas industries here in the niger delta(your place)...............I don tell you ooooooo........because I know when you come you and your ilks will also press for the legalization of gay marraige like never before....that too would get you into kirikiri.........I don tell you my own finish..........

Calm down. I understand what you are saying! Gay marriage is not on my agenda smiley That is for gay people to start.

I also am not just going to shout "there is no God" on the street.

I'm just an Anonymous logicboy wink
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2013
mazaje:

I don't believe in universal atheism. . .Nigerians need enlightenment and education, the same type that made me become an atheist on MY OWN. I was exposed to many things. . .Had access to many things. . .That made me understand how religion and gods came about. . .How religious books were written, who wrote them, the period they were written, why they were written, and how they were complied etc. . .The average Nigerian just believes the bible or the koran just fell from heaven. . .Education is it. . .

That is what Nigeria needs not the in your face approach that will only get you in trouble in a society that is completely backward, mostly unexposed and under educated or uneducated. . .

But but but... I never said that I am going to do "in your face" approach! You missed where I said "anonymous" or that I am cool with secular christians?

I am also targeting educated christians and not the "frosbel type" that managed to get visa to london and wastes it on tithe churches.
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by mazaje(m): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

But but but... I never said that I am going to do "in your face" approach! You missed where I said "anonymous" or that I am cool with secular christians?

I am also targeting educated christians and not the "frosbel type" that managed to get visa to london and wastes it on tithe churches.

Roger. . .
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 24, 2013
mazaje:

Roger. . .

You have zero faith in me cry

Dont worry, give me this summer! I will prove myself. cheesy

BTW, you promised to help as a tour guide if i ever visit copenhagen!
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by mazaje(m): 6:13pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

You have zero faith in me cry

Dont worry, give me this summer! I will prove myself. cheesy

BTW, you promised to help as a tour guide if i ever visit copenhagen!

Sure. .But I will be moving back to Naija on the 6th of March. . .I will be there till September if all goes as planned, sometimes I get tired and run back grin grin. . .But this time i will be in naija for quite sometime. . .When are you planning to head to naija?. . .
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
I have a contact in Lagos. Don't know if she ever visits these boards. I could link you guys up .. PM me.. Lost your contact...

I agree with wirinet that education's the key.. I've been thinking a lot lately too. PM me asap.
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 24, 2013
mazaje:

Sure. .But I will be moving back to Naija on the 6th of March. . .I will be there till September if all goes as planned, sometimes I get tired and run back grin grin. . .But this time i will be in naija for quite sometime. . .When are you planning to head to naija?. . .

Around the same march/April. I'm a lagos boy cool
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2013
musKeeto: I have a contact in Lagos. Don't know if she ever visits these boards. I could link you guys up .. PM me.. Lost your contact...

I agree with wirinet that education's the key.. I've been thinking a lot lately too. PM me asap.

will email you!

emailed!
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by mazaje(m): 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Around the same march/April. I'm a lagos boy cool

We dey. . .Once you touch down just halla. . .I will come and meet you where ever you as as long as am in naija. . .
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
mazaje:

We dey. . .Once you touch down just halla. . .I will come and meet you where ever you as as long as am in naija. . .

Yes!!!

My email is
please, quickly note it down because I will remove it cos of spammers
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by mazaje(m): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2013
plaetton: @writing.
He he he. I am not surprised about this GO. If if had believed in god, after preaching for some time, he would have realized that it was all smokes and mirrors.
I believe that all pastors,priests and popes are atheists in secret.

A lot of catholic priest are atheist. . .I meet an American preacher in Ohio back in 2011 that was an atheist. . .He openly told me he was a preacher in Arkansas but to him the bible is a book of fables, preaching gives him money so that is why he will continue to engage in it, people need some form of solace and he will continue to offer it to them he told me, a lot of the cardinals I STRONGLY believe are closet atheist. The catholic priest that was interviewed in religilous is an atheist as far as am concerned . .A former pope was on record to have said that Jesus is a fable. . .
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
mazaje:

A lot of catholic priest are atheist. . .I meet an American preacher in Ohio back in 2011 that was an atheist. . .He openly told me he was a preacher in Arkansas but to him the bible is a book of fables, preaching gives him money so that is why he will continue to engage in it, people need some form of solace and he will continue to offer it to them he told me, a lot of the cardinals I STRONGLY believe are closet atheist. The catholic priest that was interviewed in religilous is an atheist as far as am concerned . .A former pope was on record to have said that Jesus is a fable. . .

I also believe most pastors are closet atheists, but they still preach the gospel because of the monetary benefits.
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Bella3(f): 8:15pm On Feb 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

See this one! Na to follow men and money! I'm sure that is why you went to church today1
lai lai. Wani irin hulacanci ne wannan?? What kinda insult is this?
Bia this boy!:@
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
Bélla3: lai lai. Wani irin hulacanci ne wannan?? What kinda insult is this?
Bia this boy!:@

Ehem...err....what kind of language are you speaking? Is this speaking in tongues?
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by jayriginal: 8:53pm On Feb 24, 2013
You know, religion isnt always such a bad thing.

For instance, Anony needs religion to refrain from killing stealing and r.aping. Now would you want an "atheist" Anony on the loose ?

I know I wouldnt.

Another fellow says that " . . . immorality is a natural and logical corrolary of atheism "
https://www.nairaland.com/1198534/cowardice-atheism/10#14364222

Now, we wouldnt want these type of people without religion since that is apparently all that holds them in check.

EDITED:
I put in the correct link

1 Like

Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
jayriginal: You know, religion isnt always such a bad thing.

For instance, Anony needs religion to refrain from killing stealing and r.aping. Now would you want an "atheist" Anony on the loose ?

I know I wouldnt.

Another fellow says that " . . . immorality is a natural and logical corrolary of atheism "
https://www.nairaland.com/1198534/cowardice-atheism/33#14412566

Now, we wouldnt want these type of people without religion since that is apparently all that holds them in check.

lmao.

Anony is a rapetheist
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
[size=18pt]Okay, what do you guys think of having debates in schools like UNILAG? [/size]

It would be a great way to get many rich young minds to reason. We could even call ourselves "christians for rationalism" and argue on the topic of "religion is not always good for Nigeria".

Crazy, I know........your thoughts?
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Bella3(f): 7:27am On Feb 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ehem...err....what kind of language are you speaking? Is this speaking in tongues?
nt funny.....
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 25, 2013
Bélla3: nt funny.....

sorry grin
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Bella3(f): 11:54am On Feb 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

sorry grin
the day wey i go dash you slap....
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 25, 2013
Bélla3: the day wey i go dash you slap....

that would be the same day that I will squeeze milk commot your bbs
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
Let me say this: I don't think religion is necessarily a bad thing. People need it as a form of solace and comfort in this our difficult country. Most people need it as a sort of moral compass in their life. These people don't need to be told that their life is false, it will kill them.

On the other hand, some people need to be aware that their problems are not as a result of witchcraft, ancestral curses, devil or what not. Education is key.

@logicboy, what you are doing is commendable but you have to take it slowly and not get ahead of yourself. You don't need to tell people that there's not god. I still believe that there's a god until I'm proven wrong.
What I think you need to do is to make people know of the importance of thinking for themselves. They need to learn how not to follow public opinion and to be able to stand for themselves and take personal responsibility for their life. It will be difficult but education is key!
Thanks...
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
brokoto: Let me say this: I don't think religion is necessarily a bad thing. People need it as a form of solace and comfort in this our difficult country. Most people need it as a sort of moral compass in their life. These people don't need to be told that their life is false, it will kill them.

On the other hand, some people need to be aware that their problems are not as a result of witchcraft, ancestral curses, devil or what not. Education is key.

@logicboy, what you are doing is commendable but you have to take it slowly and not get ahead of yourself. You don't need to tell people that there's not god. I still believe that there's a god until I'm proven wrong.
What I think you need to do is to make people know of the importance of thinking for themselves. They need to learn how not to follow public opinion and to be able to stand for themselves and take personal responsibility for their life. It will be difficult but education is key!
Thanks...

Agreed and that is why my message is humanism- love for humans before any other duty
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Agreed and that is why my message is humanism- love for humans before any other duty
you know some people think that its because they're religious that's why they have to love their fellow humans? They see it as a sort of religious obligation. How do you educate such folks?
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
brokoto: you know some people think that its because they're religious that's why they have to love their fellow humans? They see it as a sort of religious obligation. How do you educate such folks?

You show them that atheists can be good without religion.

Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

You show them that atheists can be good without religion.

good luck!
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
Hmmmm...
Re: Advice Atheists Thread by Olugbenger(m): 9:05pm On Feb 25, 2013
Africans and their problems...
Some claim religion is imposed by foreigners...
Now this makes me wonder if the first atheist was a black man...
Yet logicboy and his kind claim they are trying to save us....
Who is fooling who?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Musician 9ice Changed His Religion / Back To The Illusion: How Can We Know Our Reality Is An Illusion? / The War In Syria And End Time Prophecy: Any Correlation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.