Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,317 members, 7,867,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 05:07 AM

Is It Okay For A Man To Marry His Wife's Sister When She's Dead? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay For A Man To Marry His Wife's Sister When She's Dead? (689 Views)

What Will You Do If You Meet Your Wife’s Sister Like This In [photo] / Is It Okay For Married Couples To Make Love Before Going To Church? / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay For A Man To Marry His Wife's Sister When She's Dead? by LailasBlogcom(f): 12:06am On Feb 25, 2013
I was discussing this with my mum yesterday. She actually knows men who did that. Good Lord, I was just screaming.

Take for instance Mr. Collins weds Mrs Agnes, and they have two kids together - Peter and Paul. Then when Mrs Agnes suddenly dies, Mr Collins marries her younger sister, Aunty Ego and he also has kids by her.
•What this means is: automatically Aunty Ego is now stepmum to her sister's kids to whom she's also an aunty.
•Her kids become half brothers, half sisters to her elder sister's children who are also their cousins.
•Mr Collins himself becomes uncle and father to his own kids because to Mrs Agnes kids, he's their father and uncle as he is husband to their mum's sister.
•And so on, and so on and so on.

Isn't this messed up, please?
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry His Wife's Sister When She's Dead? by Osama10(m): 12:33am On Feb 25, 2013
Really Really messed up.
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry His Wife's Sister When She's Dead? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:56am On Feb 25, 2013
I think some Indians do this thing. Marry the younger sister if the wife dies.
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry His Wife's Sister When She's Dead? by xynerise: 12:59am On Feb 25, 2013
Later the dead wife's ghost will start chasing her sister right? E be like say I don watch the film undecided
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry His Wife's Sister When She's Dead? by Odunharry(m): 1:22am On Feb 25, 2013
xynerise u r funi...it does happen in some society...lyk our society embraces monogamy and polygamy...
In some society they practice group marriage and so on.
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry His Wife's Sister When She's Dead? by greatgod2012(f): 4:18am On Feb 25, 2013
Yes, pple practise it, but i think its not really a good idea.
May God help us all.
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry His Wife's Sister When She's Dead? by djeezy(m): 5:07am On Feb 25, 2013
What a barbaric/defunct culture. It is not absolute though, as the demised wife may have no other sister or perhaps got one that's also married. That culture works when marriage is not founded on love. In other words it'll cause hardship.
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Marry His Wife's Sister When She's Dead? by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 25, 2013
Osama10: Really Really messed up.

Its wrong on so many levels. angry

(1) (Reply)

Ur Last Cash / Dating And Relationship Rules You Should Never Follow / If He Loves You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.