Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... (25971 Views)

Anxiety, Tears, As Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by chuckdee4(m): 9:44am On Feb 26, 2013
hrmkz: Really, FASHOLA has "GUTS"

Cleanse Oshodi,Mushin,Lagos island and obalende to the disbelieve of all.

Sent Okada riders packing from the Highway when we thought its impossible.

We need more of him to change Nigeria.

Clearing of area boys should be next on his list

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Agrika: 9:46am On Feb 26, 2013
This man unknowingly has done a great thing for the Igbos, if only they could relocate thier bussinesses to the east, lets show them how it is done.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by naptu2: 9:51am On Feb 26, 2013
1) This action is not targeted at Igbos or at Ladipo Market (on the other thread I posted articles that showed that many other markets across Lagos have been closed for similar reasons).

2) It is not a permanent closure. Once the executives sign an undertaking that they will comply with environmental laws and demonstrate that they will abide by that undertaking, the market will be opened.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:57am On Feb 26, 2013
Its funny how you can just pick up 5 young men and tag them "Bakassi boys" , I've seen the REAL BAKASSI BOYS and trust me these guys can't scrap the dirt off the shoes of the REAL boys . If you see the REAL BAKASSI BOYS you would be scared to death . Those clowns are ordinary traders , The security operatives want to give us the impression that they are working . LOL at BAKASSI BOYS IN LAGOS .I've seen the real deal Trust me grin, back when there was this OPC VS ALABA boys squabble in Lagos (2000/2001)when the REAL Bakassi boys came in , the OPC guys and the ALABA boys immediately became best of friends.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by guvna(m): 9:59am On Feb 26, 2013
chuckdee4:

Fashola dey try, No be small. But for Lagos to really be a Mega City as they keep saying, looks like he's going to try harder and keep trying, hence we'll be seeing more of these things in Lagos...
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 26, 2013
Mr.chippychappy:
Its funny how you can just pick up 5 young men and tag them "Bakassi boys" , I've seen the REAL BAKASSI BOYS and trust me this guys are not worth cleaning the shoes of the REAL boys . If you see the REAL BAKASSI BOYS you would be scared to death . Those clowns are ordinary traders , The security operatives want to give us the impression that they are working . LOL at BAKASSI BOYS IN LAGOS .I've seen the real deal Trust me grin, back when there was this OPC VS ALABA boys squabble in Lagos (2000/2001)when the REAL Bakassi boys came in , the OPC guys and the ALABA boys immediately became best of friends.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by seanet01: 10:02am On Feb 26, 2013
Mr.chippychappy:
Its funny how you can just pick up 5 young men and tag them "Bakassi boys" , I've seen the REAL BAKASSI BOYS and trust me these guys can't scrap the dirt off the shoes of the REAL boys . If you see the REAL BAKASSI BOYS you would be scared to death . Those clowns are ordinary traders , The security operatives want to give us the impression that they are working . LOL at BAKASSI BOYS IN LAGOS .I've seen the real deal Trust me grin, back when there was this OPC VS ALABA boys squabble in Lagos (2000/2001)when the REAL Bakassi boys came in , the OPC guys and the ALABA boys immediately became best of friends.
Shut up your stinking dirty mouth
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by DuduNegro: 10:03am On Feb 26, 2013
Mr.chippychappy:

oh yeah, here we go......chest beating. how the real bakassi boys look now, post their picture make we see.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by ifyalways(f): 10:03am On Feb 26, 2013
Where do they intend relocating the current occupants of katangowa market to?

I hope we'll see a massive road construction and proper repairs before this relocation because that road is a death trap.

Lagos state is "arranging" their land, anyone who feels witch hunted or unjustly treated should do the right thing; go and arrange your own place. Shikena!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 26, 2013
berem: So what if bakassi boys are in Lagos? were they causing any nuisance? there are southeast security personnels attached to almost all the markets owned by igbos in Lagos. So why should this be a problem? Am not against Fashola closing the market. If the ministry of Environment gave genuine reasons for closing the market based on sanitation, it is left for the igbo traders to adhere to the laws. you can't trade in a dirty environment despite the nature of the business. moreover, the local government where the market is located has a bigger role to play. why would they not provide basic amenities like water and toilet facilities after the traders pay heavy tax to them? that is very unfair!

If that in bold is true..then the LASG need to do more to rid the markets of such unlawful personnel....non-state actors should not be providing armed security activity under any guise.

You have unknowingly opened a can of worms that will be passed to the relevant state authority to investigate cool
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by DuduNegro: 10:05am On Feb 26, 2013
kmcutez:

No be the real BAKASSI boys them kill like fowl throway for river for east. What are you yapping about?

no mind the rhesus......
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by naptu2: 10:07am On Feb 26, 2013
I listened to the interview on the radio this morning. They interviewed

1) Supol Bayo Suleiman: He said they had warned the traders to improve environmental sanitation several times, but nothing was done. He said he cannot say when the market will be reopened (that's above his authority), but that the traders know what to do.

2) The arrested youths: they said that they are not thugs or armed robbers, but that they are Bakassi Boys, hired by the market executive to provide security at the market. They said that there have been cases of goods being stolen at the market and they were hired to prevent that from happening again.

3) The local government chairman: He complained about hooliganism and thuggery at the market. He said it's been difficult for his men to go in there and provide facilities because of the thugs. He also said that there are people who extort money from motorists and members of the public and issue local government tickets to them. He said that those people are not from his office and that his council does not get any revenue from the market because of the activities of thugs.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by DuduNegro: 10:12am On Feb 26, 2013
kalunomics: those guys really need serious medical attention. Maybe their derailed brains sees it like they are fighting triba war(who knows?)
Especially, that one called Eko ile, i don't knw what makes him more and more stùpid everyday but it just works.
KEEP IT UP BOYS (TRIBAL WAR LORDS)

its not about tribe. ibo people dey idumota. why fashola no kick em out, why nobody speak against them? because those ones came to lagos back when igbo was igbo. the monkeys shipping to lagos nowadays are not igbos......they are animals, pigs and nobody want pigs in his backyard.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:14am On Feb 26, 2013
kmcutez:

No be the real BAKASSI boys them kill like fowl throway for river for east. What are you yapping about?

Ape ! since wen Massob boys turn BAKASSI boys . I bet you were still in your diapers back in the late 90's /early 2000's . Go and ask your OPC Agberos what happened in the OPC vs Alaba boys incident . Trust me when you see REAL bakassi boys you go piss for pant cool

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by seanet01: 10:15am On Feb 26, 2013
ifyalways: Where do they intend relocating the current occupants of katangowa market to?

I hope we'll see a massive road construction and proper repairs before this relocation because that road is a death trap.

Lagos state is "arranging" their land, anyone who feels witch hunted or unjustly treated should do the right thing; go and arrange your own place. Shikena!
GBAM!!
Go back to your village
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by DuduNegro: 10:16am On Feb 26, 2013
ilugunboy:

If that in bold is true..then the LASG need to do more to rid the markets of such unlawful personnel....non-state actors should not be providing armed security activity under any guise.

You have unknowingly opened a can of worms that will be passed to the relevant state authority to investigate cool

under DAWN agenda, OPC is the only sanctioned and certified vigilante authorized to monitor and keep security in Yorubaland. Bakassi boys should not operate openly, the bullet of OPC is the biginning of wisdom.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by DWJOBScom(m): 10:17am On Feb 26, 2013
chuckdee4:

if he can achieve this......! i will finance his campaign as the president of Nigeria after GEJ
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by RedLight1: 10:18am On Feb 26, 2013
hrmkz: Really, FASHOLA has "GUTS"

Cleanse Oshodi,Mushin,Lagos island and obalende to the disbelieve of all.

Sent Okada riders packing from the Highway when we thought its impossible.

We need more of him to change Nigeria.
seriously .... that the kinda guy nigeria needs rightnow .... he has gut and very disciplined and brave... not fearing anyone and do the right thing at the right time and very great knowledge of administration ... unlike someone that wants to proof he his bravery by forcing subsidy down our throat, hide thieves and give carrots to boko haram .... i wish fashola can be president ...he will be the best thing that has happened to this country

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by donsax: 10:18am On Feb 26, 2013
Mr.chippychappy:

Are bakassi boiz not human being? Do they have 4 hands and four legs? Or they came from mars? Bu.l shi.t and over exaggerating!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 26, 2013
Mr.chippychappy:

Ape ! since wen Massob boys turn BAKASSI boys . I bet you were still in your diapers back in the late 90's /early 2000's . Go and ask your OPC Agberos what happened in the OPC vs Alaba boys incident . Trust me when you see REAL bakassi boys you go piss for pant cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by abbeybanks(m): 10:18am On Feb 26, 2013
Umna give me money for these containers...
My brother don't worry, one week after you give me these containers you will get your money in full...

The next day...

Umna, the govt is at it again oh....
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by MadCow1: 10:19am On Feb 26, 2013
Fashola is busy antagonizing Hard Working Ndi Igbos, meanwhile NURTW, OPC, AFENIFERE and co are killing people everyday in the state.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 26, 2013
Red-Light:
seriously .... that the kinda guy nigeria needs rightnow .... he has gut and very disciplined and brave... not fearing anyone and do the right thing at the right time and very great knowledge of administration ... unlike someone that wants to proof he his bravery by forcing subsidy down our throat, hide thieves and give carrots to boko haram .... i wish fashola can be president ...he will be the best thing that has happened to this country
wait until the okada men he has rendered jobless turn τ̲̅ȍ robbers and start harrassing ‎u,only then will ‎u know wetin d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥!Anu mpam!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

We Know Your Hideouts, Surrender Now, Army Tells B’haram / Abdulrahman Abba Jimeta Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / "It Was By Chance" APC Makes Clarification On Tinubu And Atiku's Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.