Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,027 members, 7,956,806 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:32 PM

Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... (26247 Views)

Anxiety, Tears, As Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Odinaka00(m): 10:27am On Feb 26, 2013
I don't encourage tribal war like you do, I think you re d one dat should stop acting lyk a 5yr old girl here....what's dz insults on igbos all about? Must yu guys turn every thread into tribal war? We should learn hw to start seeing Nigeria as one. Its nt as if I'm against governor Fashola shutting ladipo down, he did d right thing since d traders can't keep their trading ground clean.
Pls d whole world is reading everything we write here, we should deliberate on d topic we have on d ground nt throwing unnecessary insults to other tribes....peace!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by RedLight1: 10:28am On Feb 26, 2013
ifyalways: Where do they intend relocating the current occupants of katangowa market to?

I hope we'll see a massive road construction and proper repairs before this relocation because that road is a death trap.

Lagos state is "arranging" their land, anyone who feels witch hunted or unjustly treated should do the right thing; go and arrange your own place. Shikena!
cool cool cool cool
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by DuduNegro: 10:29am On Feb 26, 2013
nony30: wait until the okada men he has rendered jobless turn τ̲̅ȍ robbers and start harrassing ‎u,only then will ‎u know wetin d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥!Anu mpam!!

in sw there is nothing called amnesty. you do crime you serve time, assuming police rescue you before street justice is passed.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 26, 2013
Odinaka00:

I don't encourage tribal war like you do, I think you re d one dat should stop acting lyk a 5yr old girl here....what's dz insults on igbos all about? Must yu guys turn every thread into tribal war? We should learn hw to start seeing Nigeria as one. Its nt as if I'm against governor Fashola shutting ladipo down, he did d right thing since d traders can't keep their trading ground clean.
Pls d whole world is reading everything we write here, we should deliberate on d topic we have on d ground nt throwing unnecessary insults to other tribes....peace!

Did you read all of my posts on this thread? You just read one post and came to this r.etarded conclusion abi?

You are also one of the problems of this country. It is called the shortcut syndrome.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 26, 2013
very Bad of OurCountry not able to ensure truthfullness,Ladipo where i always go to,is the only market i know that is free from thugs as you think,Lagos state has been finding a way to push thier Alaye programm there but it has not been working....Have u lately carried any Luggage from or to Alaba international,the last i carried a Welding machine there,first at Voghts we met policemen that forcingly entered our hiab,,And before we could eneter the alaba express,we met alaye boys that gave us a reciept,we payed 500,and a cansul we payed 2000,this policemen directed us and when we stopped and thier Oga came out and after negotiating from 5000 we payed 2500,and when we enterd the market we where asked to pay 1500 and 500 nd tell me how much is this engine going to be sold,But come to Ladipo ,,u cannever see thugs activities,only United recongnized union activities is what u see,,

Truly the market is dirty and Notwithstanding it has bad roads and covered gutters,,so there are swamps every where,

But i understand the state goverment wants the market to move out from there to Bariga or so but thats not the way to pass this kind of information,.i tell you,
If they pay 15 million which they requested everthing will come back to Normall....But for me those Allegation is not Normal,is not good atalll.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by RedLight1: 10:35am On Feb 26, 2013
nony30: wait until the okada men he has rendered jobless turn τ̲̅ȍ robbers and start harrassing ‎u,only then will ‎u know wetin d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥!Anu mpam!!
for almost how many months now? they are yet to become armed robbers (are they still planning?) grin... do u know there is nothing like okada in the outskirt of abuja since elrufais days? how many of those that were taken off then has become an armed robbers? before okada started gaining ground in nigeria, people still have decent lives eat and drink and after okada people will continues to live .... dey there they deceive urself or if u like become an arm robber and get ur head lynched simple grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 26, 2013
Truth is that the yoruba man is so scared and intimidated by d average Ibo man.D industrious nature of the Ibo man always makes him stand out,tall and proud.According τ̲̅ȍ d yoruba man d Ibos come with nylon bags from d village but returns With Hummer jeep.So I guess Į̸̸̨ƭ only right for the yorubas τ̲̅ȍ fear who they can't conquer,hate who they can't understand but we constantly tell them τ̲̅ȍ blame God who made us great!Thank ‎u God for d Ibos!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by RedLight1: 10:38am On Feb 26, 2013
Odinaka00: I don't encourage tribal war like you do, I think you re d one dat should stop acting lyk a 5yr old girl here....what's dz insults on igbos all about? Must yu guys turn every thread into tribal war? We should learn hw to start seeing Nigeria as one. Its nt as if I'm against governor Fashola shutting ladipo down, he did d right thing since d traders can't keep their trading ground clean.
thanks for the bolded part
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by iwanchop(m): 10:42am On Feb 26, 2013
Mad Cow: Fashola is busy antagonizing Hard Working Ndi Igbos, meanwhile NURTW, OPC, AFENIFERE and co are killing people everyday in the state.

Your nickname says it all
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 26, 2013

They will be given the Azu river treatment...but this time around, it wont be a media event. wink cheesy tongue

OPC knows how to bury such elements alive standing upright in the grave.. cool
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 26, 2013
nony30: Hey Slow poke,don't forget that d average yoruba is a Dirtypig!how dirty is ur house where ‎u wipe ur hands on the curtain,Ur girls ,yikes!!!a nightmare τ̲̅ȍ date!!So watch ur mouth Dude!

o'boy your BIS would soon expire..you better go hustle tongue
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 26, 2013
9ja is so lawless that nothing human can be done abt it
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by RedLight1: 10:48am On Feb 26, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

i want people reading the post to visit where we talking about and then come and write their own comment. it is detestable and cruel that people will turn environment into what these baboons have made it. they need to be described worse.

i grew up in lagos and know the nooks and corners, island and mainland. i have no other land but lagos. these monkeys have somewhere to go back to . let them go turn their land to this. yorubas live in east, is this how they treat your land?

these are pigs, not humans.
there are some markets in lagos dominated by yorubas that are dirty too like some part of idumota etc ....and yes am among those that complained about the bad state of ladipo market ... lets commend fashola for doing the right thing and please stop insulting the entire tribe for just a market somewhere ...by the way its not only igbos that run things at the market.. every tribe in nigeria are there .... and using animals, baboons and so on to describe ur fellow nigerian is totally bad .... what will u do if a foreigner comes to nairaland and starts using such languages against ur felow nigerian when u urself haS killed him with such language?

ATLEAST WE ARE STILL ONE NO MATTER OUR DIFFERENCES ...UNTIL WE BREAK UP...LETS KEEP LOOKING OUT FOR EACH OTHER

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by DuduNegro: 10:48am On Feb 26, 2013
Odinaka00:

i call people like you "enablers". in the need to be politically correct you have failed to denounce social ills. little wonder that crimes and vices are sporadic in east, the voice of reason is afraid to act.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by gerald09(m): 10:49am On Feb 26, 2013
berem: So what if bakassi boys are in Lagos? were they causing any nuisance? there are southeast security personnels attached to almost all the markets owned by igbos in Lagos. So why should this be a problem? Am not against Fashola closing the market. If the ministry of Environment gave genuine reasons for closing the market based on sanitation, it is left for the igbo traders to adhere to the laws. you can't trade in a dirty environment despite the nature of the business. moreover, the local government where the market is located has a bigger role to play. why would they not provide basic amenities like water and toilet facilities after the traders pay heavy tax to them? that is very unfair!

Good point dude, I really don't get how d arrest of bakassi boys and the closing of the market have in common, very soon some1 will say the igbo's are being all tribal. Closing the market due to its pollution is a perfect tin to do, any1 would hav don it, of course dey did pay tax for dem amenities but after payin dis tax y didn't dey ask for these amenities, where are the document to prove dat dey all paid tax and demanded for these amenities. the truth is dat Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ nigerians only react when Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ ® treated with force and like animals, nw arresting these bakassi boiz is an indirect way of sayin (hey Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ f**king u igbos what u wanna do) agreed dat bakassi is d worst tin to ever happen to d igbo society after d civil war
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Ngwakwe: 10:49am On Feb 26, 2013
This actions of Fashola and his cronies are perfect case of witch-haunting and outright jealousy coupled with inbreed tribalistic hooliganism which have been burning in the minds of most South Westerners for time immemorial.

Why do you think they always have the phrase "GO BACK TO YOUR VILLAGE" constantly while they debate with Igbos. A situation were they have sold most of inheritance to settlers and misused the money for useless ceremonies and banquets.

See Fashola who left his duty of sending Sanitary Officers to coordinate the cleanliness of a market since 2007 is now blaming the fallout and his irresponsibility on the traders that he has been putting the burden of unfair levies and duties upon.

By the way, if the traders desire to practice traditional religion in their quest to expand and protect their businesses, it is legitimate under the constitution of Nigeria and should never be embarrassed as I can't see any Govt Official intimidating any trader having bible or Koran.

Bunch of Hypocrites, after you come to sell us your story of how wonderful Fashola is.

No wonder Amnesty International is accusing Fashola and Lagos State Govt of Crime Against Humanity.

ilugunboy:

They will be given the Azu river treatment...but this time around, it wont be a media event. wink cheesy tongue

OPC knows how to bury such elements alive standing upright in the grave..

See them, Jealousy

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by DuduNegro: 10:51am On Feb 26, 2013
Red-Light:
there are some markets in lagos dominated by yorubas that are dirty too like some part of idumota etc ....and yes am among those that complained about the bad state of ladipo market ... lets commend fashola for doing the right thing and please stop insulting the entire tribe for just a market somewhere ...by the way its not only igbos that run things at the market.. every tribe in nigeria are there .... and using animals, baboons and so on to describe ur fellow nigerian is totally bad .... what will u do if a foreigner comes to nairaland and starts using such languages against ur felow nigerian when u urself haS killed him with such language?

ATLEAST WE ARE STILL ONE NO MATTER OUR DIFFERENCES ...UNTIL WE BREAK UP...LETS KEEP LOOKING OUT FOR EACH OTHER

....and fashola shut them down, and yorubas supported tge governor for doing the right thing. just as we support him here and now.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 26, 2013
ilugunboy:

o'boy your BIS would soon expire..you better go hustle tongue
Ur cafe time is remaining 5 minutes better beg d Ibo guy beside ‎u for money τ̲̅ȍ buy extra time!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by naptu2: 10:52am On Feb 26, 2013
[size=14pt]THUGGERY: Lagos Police Boss Summons Ladipo Market Leader[/size]

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko, has summoned leaders of Ladipo Market traders at Mushin to the police headquarters, Ikeja, Lagos State, Southwest Nigeria, over threat to life and insecurity in the market and its environs.

The leaders were summoned to appear before Manko on Friday to explain the various reports about thuggery and threat to the lives of some traders and residents.

P.M.NEWS gathered that an invitation letter was delivered at the office of the central body called Ladipo Auto Central Executive Committee, LACEC.

The invitation has to do with the total break down of law and order in the market due to thuggery.

P.M.NEWS gathered that the market has been turned into a jungle where all sorts of crimes such as thuggery and drug dealings are allegedly committed.

Armed thugs have taken over the market and customers who go to the market are robbed of their possessions, yet the leaders are not doing anything about it.

Mushin Local Government Chairman, Mr. Babatunde Adepitan, noted in the presence of protesting traders over armed thugs in the market earlier this week that he was aware that armed thugs are in the market and he was doing everything possible to clean up the place.

The invitation also followed complaints by the residents in Papa Ajao area of Mushin who claimed that there are security challenges in the area and in the market both in the day and at night.

P.M.NEWS investigation revealed that there are about 36 unions that make up LACEC, and those unions have deployed their thugs called task force that unleash terror on both customers, traders and residents.

A trader told P.M.NEWS to come to Ladipo market around 7 pm and see how the market has been taken over by miscrants.

When P.M.NEWS contacted the market president, Mr Ikechukwu Animalu, he comfirmed the police boss’ invitation and noted that there are miscreants in the market but added that market leaders are battling to get rid of them.

The market has been facing crises over leadership tussle.The tussle led to the hiring of thugs who have compromised the security of the market.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=65158
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by lightheart(m): 10:56am On Feb 26, 2013
kettykings: if this is not a declaration of Economic war on Igbos then what is it,Useless Igbos will keep taking this insult living low and pretending that their exist one Nigeria.
What stops igbos from mustering their financial strength and do a 3 to 5 year plan of Divesting their Businesses from Lagos state.

Let's reason logically...
WHAT STOPPED THE LADIPO TRADERS FROM TAKING UP THE TASK ON THEIR OWN ALL THIS WHILE?
DON'T THEY SEE THE FILTH? DOES IT MEAN ARE THEY COMFORTABLE IN IT? THE WHOLE LADIPO REEKS!!!
I SERIOUSLY PITY THE RESIDENTS. HOW PEOPLE WILL NOW TRIBALIZE THIS ISSUE IS WORRISOME

Isn't it ironical that its hellish to drive thru there? U even pray the road doesn't mess ur car up sef!! Abeg tackle issues jor!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by DuduNegro: 10:58am On Feb 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: This actions of Fashola and his cronies are perfect case of witch-haunting and outright jealousy coupled with inbreed tribalistic hooliganism which have been burning in the minds of most South Westerners for time immemorial.

Why do you think they always have the phrase "GO BACK TO YOUR VILLAGE" constantly while they debate with Igbos. A situation were they have sold most of inheritance to settlers and misused the money for useless ceremonies and banquets.

See Fashola who left his duty of sending Sanitary Officers to coordinate the cleanliness of a market since 2007 is now blaming the fallout and his irresponsibility on the traders that he has been putting the burden of unfair levies and duties upon.

By the way, if the traders desire to practice traditional religion in their quest to expand and protect their businesses, it is legitimate under the constitution of Nigeria and should never be embarrassed as I can't see any Govt Official intimidating any trader having bible or Koran.

Bunch of Hypocrites, after you come to sell us your story of how wonderful Fashola is.

No wonder Amnesty International is accusing Fashola and Lagos State Govt of Crime Against Humanity.

See them, Jealousy

if by shutting down shops for environmental sanitation fashola is a demon and violated human rights, then i wonder what we should call the acts in North when the governors fail to restrain bloodghirsty animals that slaughter igbos up there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

There Is Neither President Nor Acting President At The Moment- Lawyers / Obiano's Light Up Projects Across Onitsha Mega City- Pics / Open And Dirty Drainage System: Will Babajide Sanwo-olu Rescue Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.