Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,332 members, 7,957,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:54 PM

Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... (26252 Views)

Anxiety, Tears, As Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by Ngwakwe: 11:09am On Feb 26, 2013
I don't want to know what it is called.

What I want from South Westerners is to condemn the outright closure the market with few number of days notice.

I want you to feel the pains of those traders as if they were your father and siblings

Dudu_Negro:

if by shutting down shops for environmental sanitation fashola is a demon and violated human rights, then i wonder what we should call the acts in North when the governors fail to restrain bloodghirsty animals that slaughter igbos up there.

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by kalunomics(m): 11:14am On Feb 26, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

little wonder that crimes and vices are sporadic in east,
common man, i know u don't mean that. Do u? I'm not trying to be tribalistic here but Lagos of all state? Where you visit for the first time and don't ask for directions so as not to be spotted as a newbie in lasgidi? It wouldn't hurt to say the truth sometimes, u know?
Little wonder why you guys are always cynical and pessimistic with Jonathan and all his agenda? Now, i see it as a pretext used to obfuscate your futile lewd hatred towards your fellow Countryman because of tribe, not even when his achievements cannot commensurate with those of our past C-in-Cs and heads of states

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by delkuf(m): 11:25am On Feb 26, 2013
This e war between u guys is not d best. D igbos shld knw that fashola is only doing his best to clean lagos state. lagos is d accomodative state in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by DuduNegro: 11:30am On Feb 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: I don't want to know what it is called.

What I want from South Westerners is to condemn the outright closure the market with few number of days notice.

I want you to feel the pains of those traders as if they were your father and siblings

you must be on crack! those thugs are lucky fashola is only shutting them down and giving them opportunity to repent. You see, Lagos used to have what was called Lagos Town Council. They operated just in Island. The mainland like Mushin was under Lagos Municipal Authority. I saw some documents about two years ago that talked about their operations.

If you lived or had business in Lagos in those days you didnt want to be blackbooked by their inspectors. in addition to the fines and penalties you would be on six months probation and if you violate they put a seal on your shop and charge you to court. When you see old pictures of lagos, clean and landscaped... think of those guys that enforced the laws.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by ghostofsparta(m): 11:31am On Feb 26, 2013
Mr.chippychappy:
Its funny how you can just pick up 5 young men and tag them "Bakassi boys" , I've seen the REAL BAKASSI BOYS and trust me these guys can't scrap the dirt off the shoes of the REAL boys . If you see the REAL BAKASSI BOYS you would be scared to death . Those clowns are ordinary traders , The security operatives want to give us the impression that they are working . LOL at BAKASSI BOYS IN LAGOS .I've seen the real deal Trust me grin, back when there was this OPC VS ALABA boys squabble in Lagos (2000/2001)when the REAL Bakassi boys came in , the OPC guys and the ALABA boys immediately became best of friends.

That's not true. Thing is would igbos allow OPC to operate in the east in protecting the interest of discriminated Yorubas there?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by ghostofsparta(m): 11:33am On Feb 26, 2013
Mad Cow: HUH!!!??

Bakassi Boys in Lagos?!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

LASG should shoot them dead.

I see you've being playing too many shoot 'em ups
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by aurenflani: 11:35am On Feb 26, 2013
FreeGlobe: Fashola has long abandoned governance to chase insects. Must you close down the market before starting renovation or enforcing Sanitation laws?

No big mouth, he should have commenced renovation on top the bakassi boys heard and their tokunbo wares.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by hotwax: 11:39am On Feb 26, 2013
if this is not a declaration of Economic war on Igbos then what is it,Useless Igbos will keep taking this insult living low and pretending that their exist one Nigeria.
What stops igbos from mustering their financial strength and do a 3 to 5 year plan of Divesting their Businesses from Lagos state.

The Importation Business would take place from Ibaka port and the new port in Bayelsa.
The Telecommunication Businesses will be Divested and new Companies founded in the East with New transatlantic optic fiber laid.
Banks owned and affiliated to igbos Relocate/move their Headquarters to the east.
The Real Estate owned by Igbos and Niger Deltans should be put up for sale and better structures put up in the East
All Oil and Gas Drilling Business and oil servicing Businesses owned by SE/SS should relocate within the 5 year plan to the East.
While the one not owned by Easterner would be made to pay very heavy Annual registration fees.
The Oil Companies not owned by SE/SS would also be made to pay very heavy fines to sort out Environmental Degradation and at the slight of any Oil Spillage the companies should be closed down and until the owners pay a heavy fine of $16B.
All fights to and fro the Major Destinations in the World will originate and terminate from any of the international Airports in the east
3 Likes

The last time I checked, Igbos are different from Ijaw/Niger delta. How come Igbos owns our oil?
And what makes you think Yorubas dont have oil?
what makes you think Igbos are the richest in Nigeria? Because they sell spare part? or fake jeans?

SMH

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by vambi: 11:41am On Feb 26, 2013
Why not face d facts as it is if d market is dirty and need to be cleaned up so be it but for pple being anti-igbo or pro-igbo is all rubbish.what happened to all d tax and levies paid to d local government.lagos state govt is quilty of no amenities in d market so don't make d traders look like they are d cause of all d problem.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by naptu2: 11:41am On Feb 26, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

you must be on crack! those thugs are lucky fashola is only shutting them down and giving them opportunity to repent. You see, Lagos used to have what was called Lagos Town Council. They operated just in Island. The mainland like Mushin was under Lagos Municipal Authority. I saw some documents about two years ago that talked about their operations.

If you lived or had business in Lagos in those days you didnt want to be blackbooked by their inspectors. in addition to the fines and penalties you would be on six months probation and if you violate they put a seal on your shop and charge you to court. When you see old pictures of lagos, clean and landscaped... think of those guys that enforced the laws.

"Wole wole"! Feared even more than the tax man.
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by TableLeg(m): 11:42am On Feb 26, 2013
cheesy
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by hotwax: 11:42am On Feb 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: I don't want to know what it is called.

Guy, you make sense die.
Igbo dare not complain when Fulanis/Hausas butcher them in the north. But, when an Igbo shop is closed here in Lagos, you see them expanding their muscle, flegding cutlass to fight.

SMH for this race called Igbo
Re: Lagos Shuts Ladipo Market, Arrests Bakassi Boys.... by guvnor83: 11:43am On Feb 26, 2013
kettykings: if this is not a declaration of Economic war on Igbos then what is it,Useless Igbos will keep taking this insult living low and pretending that their exist one Nigeria.
What stops igbos from mustering their financial strength and do a 3 to 5 year plan of Divesting their Businesses from Lagos state.

The Importation Business would take place from Ibaka port and the new port in Bayelsa.
The Telecommunication Businesses will be Divested and new Companies founded in the East with New transatlantic optic fiber laid.
Banks owned and affiliated to igbos Relocate/move their Headquarters to the east.
The Real Estate owned by Igbos and Niger Deltans should be put up for sale and better structures put up in the East
All Oil and Gas Drilling Business and oil servicing Businesses owned by SE/SS should relocate within the 5 year plan to the East.
While the one not owned by Easterner would be made to pay very heavy Annual registration fees.
The Oil Companies not owned by SE/SS would also be made to pay very heavy fines to sort out Environmental Degradation and at the slight of any Oil Spillage the companies should be closed down and until the owners pay a heavy fine of $16B.
All fights to and fro the Major Destinations in the World will originate and terminate from any of the international Airports in the east
no no no pls mr man leave nijerdelta out of ths, i beg face ur tribe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Jinxes Broken By The Muhammadu Buhari Administration—Presidency / My Report Was Downloaded Online: LP Witness Insists No Glitch On 25/2/23 / Betta Edu: Suspension Of A Minister Is A Rare Occurrence In Nigeria - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.