Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Idols Is Back! (East Africa) - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Idols Is Back! (East Africa) (17683 Views)

Mercy Emerges Winner Of Nigerian Idols 2012 / Celebrities At Nigerian Idols Premiere Episode Screening / Is Anyone Watching Nigerian Idols? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by JUNIT1(m): 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2008
that's the spirit, since noone is gonna buy the cd anyway, why is anyone caring
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by mukina2: 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2008
Ericcccccccccccccccc grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Aziza(f): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2008
Lawyerchap, where art thou? I put my money right, did I?
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Modups1(f): 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2008
Eric won, y am i not surprised?
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Emad(f): 8:42am On Jul 30, 2008
I used to be in love with Faycal

But ever since Eric Won i cant get that dude out of my Head Gosh what is happening to me?

hey by the way are you sure Jennifer Hudson won Amaerican Idol?
because from whhat she said herself she came in 8th position
and her winning the Oscar was a sign that the industry does give people second chances
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by lawyerchap(m): 11:38am On Jul 30, 2008
Aziza:

Lawyerchap, where art thou? I put my money right, did I?

@Aziza

Hey you, yeah you called it right and Eric won. Congratulations on your second Idol success. But the singles they performed were such a dead giveaway. Nicolette's song was "Goodbye Baby" while Eric's was "This is my Everything." Come on, i saw through that at once and knew who would be saying goodbye to the idols title. Would have preferred Nicolette though, for her technique.

But the highpoint for me was my Idol's performance of her own song "In the Music." She showed East Africa some South African music from a west african Idol. However, i didn't like Timi's performance of "Spectacular Absence." What happened to Timi? If anyone would know, it would be you. Please fill me in.

Lots of people were surprised when Trinah left. They should listen to me more often. I had said she was going to leave at Top3 and she did.

Well, that wraps up another season of African Idols. I hope it comes back to West Africa next year.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by Aziza(f): 12:33pm On Jul 30, 2008
@Lawyerchap: Yeah ,  wink grin, I got it right. Funny, it's actually my fifth Idols victory, I was on Taylor Hicks, Karen of SA Idols, and David Cook. cheesy wink
If you've been reading through the lines, the supposed Sony BMG people are simply full of shit. They wanted him to be in the finals, remember that Lebo once announced that they may have "a surprise" guest artiste in the finals. They even got him a visa. His lawyers and managers eventually weighed the situation and asked him to stay away from anything that has to do with that gang of "Sony BMG". That's when they came up with the cheesy, "Eric should be on the show with Omawumi", That was weird. I think Omawumi would have done spectcularly alone on BOTH songs. That one trick pony Eric only served as a distraction to Omawumi, I did not like that. I also noticed that our people have to polish their skills when it comes to doing duets. Remember the awful rendition by Jodie and Uche of You are Everythingshocked. Then Eric and Nicholette did the most unsynchronised duet I have seen in a long time. When they do duets, they don't flow naturally.

I liked Omawumi's performance of In the Music. I like the song too. I think she is taking her music seriously and the sky is her limit. It's funny how I once told her I was her fan and that I like what she is doing with her career. She told me and I quote, "me and you know that you were never my fan." I was like, "take it easy babe." Being Timi's fan doesn't mean that I have exhausted my fan-ability on him. It's like love - you love your mother doesn't mean that you don't have any love left for other people in the world. I'm a fan of Lionel Richie, Seal, and Lemar - I buy all their records and attend their concerts. You get the drift?
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by twinstaiye(m): 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2008
Aziza and Lawyerchap, there is something I didnt quite get well because I missed the finale, Did our own West African Idol Timi performed at the finale? I read it in hottestgossip south africa that "West African Idol, Eric performed" and I was like the name of West African Idol wasnt Eric, but, Timi. Was there another Eric that won the West African Idol or a membe rof West African Idol.?
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by lawyerlady: 6:47am On Oct 24, 2008
Lawyerchap you are hilarious!
those judges are just fine. why should everything be of american standards. Its African idol,
I missed most of idols, and caught up mainly online, but it was entertaining for the most part.
Re: Idols Is Back! (East Africa) by washnju: 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2008
when is the auditioning for Idols 2009 starting,will this show be taking place every year?It was so cool i am anxiously looking forward to the next one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DKB And Zainab Disqualified From BBA Stargame / Please Help! What Websites Can I Download Movies? / Best Couple in the Nigerian Movie World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.