Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,131 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) (167490 Views)

My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / Building My Three (3) Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by remcoface: 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
Welcome back!
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
remcoface: Welcome back!

Thanks my brother smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by remcoface: 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
Muyesky:

Thanks my brother smiley

You are welcome.
Could you please include prices of the tiles.
Thanks as you do so!
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 11:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
Yeah! Welcome back Muyesky. Nice purchase. Nice to see yiu are back to work again. Please give us more details in picture about the tiles and their prices. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:38am On Jul 05, 2013
remcoface:

You are welcome.
Could you please include prices of the tiles.
Thanks as you do so!

1. Parlor, dinning and entrance tile (30 x 60) @ #2000/m
2. All rooms and passage tiles (40 x 40) @ #1000/m
3. Kitchen wall tiles (25 x 40) @ #900/m
4. Bathroom wall tiles (25 x 40) @ #900/m
5. Kitchen and Bathroom floor tiles (30 x 30) @ #900/m

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by remcoface: 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2013
Muyesky:

Thank you!
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
Muyesky:

I seconded "Oga remcoface". Thanks for the explanation and details on the tiles. This will help some of us.

Three more questions and requests below, please:

1. We need to see the pictures of those tiles, I need to see the color combinations for each area, please.

2. I will assume the sizes for those tiles in bracket are in cm e.g. (30cm x 60cm), right?

3. What is the prices for W/C's and washing hand basins?

I will shoot you an email later, I need info about a place to get a good bargain tiles.. I know you like bargain too. smiley

Hajji Mufutau

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:47am On Jul 06, 2013
mufutau55:

I seconded "Oga remcoface". Thanks for the explanation and details on the tiles. This will help some of us.

Three more questions and requests below, please:

1. We need to see the pictures of those tiles, I need to see the color combinations for each area, please.

2. I will assume the sizes for those tiles in bracket are in cm e.g. (30cm x 60cm), right?

3. What is the prices for W/C's and washing hand basins?

The sizes for the tiles is in square meters and that what tiles are measured in smiley. Work starts fully on site today and i will definitely upload pix as we proceed. Will be expecting ur email den we can discuss further about any other thing u want to know, and YES.............i like good bargaining too grin

I will shoot you an email later, I need info about a place to get a good bargain tiles.. I know you like bargain too. smiley

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:13pm On Jul 06, 2013
Work on site started today smiley. In all, 60 bags of cement, two trips of a six tire sharp sand and 4 bags of 5kg white cement will be required. Water.............enough water will ofcourse be needed too. smiley

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2013
We are starting with the wall tiles for all bathrooms, kitchen and store. The tiles had to be soaked in water first. This enables it absorb water or moisture so that it can hold on to the raw mixture of pure cement and water to produce a very strong and rigid finishing. smiley

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2013
Clearing of the floor and tiling begins in earnest.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2013

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2013
wink

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
smiley..i left the site today at this stage cos i hd to attend to other things. More pix to come 2moro.

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by remcoface: 5:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
Looking nice already!!!
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
remcoface: Looking nice already!!!

Thanks wink
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Hawkeye(m): 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
impressive. no worries. you wont run again, this time you are back to finish the house.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
Hawkeye: impressive. no worries. you wont run again, this time you are back to finish the house.

Yes o! My brother......I say amen to that. Thanks a lot
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 7:25pm On Jul 06, 2013
Muyesky:

Yes o! My brother......I say amen to that. Thanks a lot

Thank you Muyesky for the updates on this work. The work is really looking nice already. God will help you finish it.
And Yes, more update pictures is surely helping me especially.. I am at the same stage for my MQ.
By the time I am ready I will absolve more knowledge and color combination from your work.

Are this Spain or Italy tiles? Ceramic or Porcelain, etc?

My email will still come after I see more update pictures, because some of my questions are being cleared already.

Hajji Mufutau

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:25pm On Jul 06, 2013
mufutau55:

Thank you Muyesky for the updates on this work. The work is really looking nice already. God will help you finish it.
And Yes, more update pictures is surely helping me especially.. I am at the same stage for my MQ.
By the time I am ready I will absolve more knowledge and color combination from your work.

Are this Spain or Italy tiles? Ceramic or Porcelain, etc?

My email will still come after I see more update pictures, because some of my questions are being cleared already.

Hajji Mufutau

Thanks Hajji Mufutau, the wall tiles are ceramic cos u really dont need porcelain for them and thats the essence of using only raw cement and water to paste them. However, it is highly recommended that the floor tiles be more of porcelain cos it is more stronger and does not fade as compared to ceramics. The wall tiles are from China and in like two months from now, theey are starting production in Nigeria in a mega factory they are putting up in Chinese village (free trade zone) Agbara. then, we expect it to be more cheaper. The sitting room tiles are however from United Arab Emirate. smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 9:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
Muyesky:

Thanks Hajji Mufutau, the wall tiles are ceramic cos u really dont need porcelain for them and thats the essence of using only raw cement and water to paste them. However, it is highly recommended that the floor tiles be more of porcelain cos it is more stronger and does not fade as compared to ceramics. The wall tiles are from China and in like two months from now, theey are starting production in Nigeria in a mega factory they are putting up in Chinese village (free trade zone) Agbara. then, we expect it to be more cheaper. The sitting room tiles are however from United Arab Emirate. smiley

Thanks for the detailed info. I surely like the color and size of the one they are putting up in the pictures above,
I believe those are 25x40cm sizes. Very good and color is nice too.. Thank you and keep the pictures and details coming.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by arcis: 12:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
@Op, I hav bin following ur project frm d first day. I must say u hav done a good job. May God complete this project of urs in notime. U hav really inspire me and I hope to start my own project soon usin some of advise and recommendation frm u.

God bless u.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2013
arcis: @Op, I hav bin following ur project frm d first day. I must say u hav done a good job. May God complete this project of urs in notime. U hav really inspire me and I hope to start my own project soon usin some of advise and recommendation frm u.

God bless u.

Thanks brother, God will surely provide you with the resources, will, strength and inspiration to start and complete yours. smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pix from site today, today being sunday .......not much was done today. Here are the pix for the day. Much emphasis was on the kitchen smiley

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
Also bought kitchen skating to divide the wall tiles in the middle, also gives a kitchen presence. smiley

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
dont mind cement stains.............they were eventually cleaned smiley

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
After cleaning the stains

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
This is coming on very nicely. And thanks for the details too.. Keep up the good work. The tiles and tiler
are good too.

Hajji Mufutau

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 7:59pm On Jul 07, 2013
sorry duplicate posting.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by arcis: 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
U hav done a great job here. God will see u tru. Pls kip us updated.

Thank u
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mexxy1(m): 10:06am On Jul 08, 2013
Really beautiful. Keep it up!
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Hope1: 11:16am On Jul 08, 2013
Highly inspiring! I can't resist it anymore, I need to say something right now. Keep it coming. The LORD is your strength. Shalom!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Building House In This Recession! / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs)