Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) (167576 Views)

My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / Building My Three (3) Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by missemotan: 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
:wow congrats I believe this is a dream come true for you, may God continue to bless you.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
mexxy1: Really beautiful. Keep it up!

God bless u my brother........really appreciate it
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
missemotan: :wow congrats I believe this is a dream come true for you, may God continue to bless you.

You can say that again.........its more than a dream come thru.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hope1: Highly inspiring! I can't resist it anymore, I need to say something right now. Keep it coming. The LORD is your strength. Shalom!

Amen.....it is well with u nd ur household.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by lollyefisi: 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2013
Weldone and Congratulations. Please can you give us a break down of how much you have spent till date?

Regards,
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Reference(m): 5:06pm On Jul 08, 2013
Why are bathroom and kitchen windows in Nigeria always microscopic in size (as small as two feet square) when this is the tropics - serious heat and humidity, irregular electricity - often dark (not good for effective cleaning) and poor ventilation to rid them of sewage odours or kitchen fumes.

Pally widen your window wall to wall or raise the apex to the ceiling and get rid of that ugly burglar proofing and get perspex so that the light can come through and with it the beauty of your tiles.

Nigerians and dark house 'cave' architecture sef.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:18pm On Jul 08, 2013
Reference: Why are bathroom and kitchen windows in Nigeria always microscopic in size (as small as two feet square) when this is the tropics - serious heat and humidity, irregular electricity - often dark (not good for effective cleaning) and poor ventilation to rid them of sewage odours or kitchen fumes.

Pally widen your window wall to wall or raise the apex to the ceiling and get rid of that ugly burglar proofing and get perspex so that the light can come through and with it the beauty of your tiles.

Thanks for ur observation, duly noted. Whatever appears ugly to u might not to others. Remember, there are two sides to a sword. Despite ur rigid comment, I was still able to pick something from it. If u av built or intend to build one, I'll sure like to see how it looks like maybe I can introduce it into my next project. A word of advise too......learn to appreciate hard work before u discriminate. Afterall, we are all on this forum to learn more. Remain blessed smiley
Reference: Why are bathroom and kitchen windows in Nigeria always microscopic in size (as small as two feet square) when this is the tropics - serious heat and humidity, irregular electricity - often dark (not good for effective cleaning) and poor ventilation to rid them of sewage odours or kitchen fumes.

Thanks for ur observation, duly noted. Whatever appears ugly to u might not to others. Remember, there are two sides to a sword. Despite ur rigid comment, I was still able to pick something from it. If u av built or intend to build one, I'll sure like to see how it looks like maybe I can introduce it into my next project. A word of advise too......learn to appreciate hard work before u discriminate. Afterall, we are all on this forum to learn more. Remain blessed

4 Likes

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2013

I agree with you that windows in the bathroom and kitchen should be big for air circulations..
Advising people is betteer than criticizing their design.. we all have different taste.

But do you really want to get rid of the "ugly burglar proofing". No sir, the burglary proof is made for security.
If you live in nigeria, you will know they are needed.

Muyesky, this is your house and you will live in it, and do design it the best way you like.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:09pm On Jul 08, 2013
mufutau55:

I agree with you that windows in the bathroom and kitchen should be big for air circulations..
Advising people is betteer than criticizing their design.. we all have different taste.

But do you really want to get rid of the "ugly burglar proofing". No sir, the burglary proof is made for security.
If you live in nigeria, you will know they are needed.

Muyesky, this is your house and you will live in it, and do design it the best way you like.

Hajji Mufutau

The maturity and understanding I noticed in u never seizes to amaze me, thank you sir. Besides, the window in the kitchen stands at 4x4ft.

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 7:24pm On Jul 08, 2013
Muyesky:

The maturity and understanding I noticed in u never seizes to amaze me, thank you sir. Besides, the window in the kitchen stands at 4x4ft.

Even that my remarks above for bigger sizes of the kitchen/bathroom windows were not made for your house..
I have seen the design of your house from the begininig and I know you have bigger windows... this remark
is just a general statement. That 4x4ft window of yours is big enough for me as well..

And now, the guy said "get rid of all the burglar proof", what a comment... Does he know anything about Nigeria security?

Once in a while, we just have to ignore some remarks/comments and move-on. Just keep doing what you are
doing and many people are learning from all your posts and pictures.. you may not know it. I am one of them.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2013
more pix from the work done on site today smiley.

kitchen

2 Likes

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
room 1
room 2
master bedroom
skating and white cement yet to be done and applied. that will be done tomorrow smiley

2 Likes

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
bathroom 1
bathroom 2
finishing touches yet to be applied smiley

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
Washing hand basins that will be in all three {3} bathrooms and dinning table. Same tap (SF ENGLAND) will also be used on the kitchen sink smiley

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:54pm On Jul 09, 2013
more to come tomorrow wink
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by remcoface: 9:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
Muyesky: more to come tomorrow wink
Everything is coming up nice and am loving it. Hope to see more of it by tomorrow as you promised.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
remcoface:
Everything is coming up nice and am loving it. Hope to see more of it by tomorrow as you promised.

That's a promise sir, thanks a lot smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by remcoface: 9:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
Muyesky:

You are welcome. THANK YOU!!!
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 9:31pm On Jul 09, 2013
Muyesky:

Thank you Muyesky for providing all these work.. Nicely done.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:36pm On Jul 09, 2013
mufutau55:

Thank you Muyesky for providing all these work.. Nicely done.

Hajji Mufutau

The pleasure is mine sir smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
Muyesky: room 1
room 2
master bedroom
skating and white cement yet to be done and applied. that will be done tomorrow smiley

Can you post the picture of the sample tiles you used in the above rooms? I love it.
Those kitchen and Bathroom combinations is beautiful. Please post more pics as promised.

Where do you use the tile sample #4041 (like gray) you posted above on page 6?

Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:43pm On Jul 09, 2013
mufutau55:

Can you post the picture of the sample tiles you used in the above rooms? I love it.
Where do you use the tile sample #4041 (like gray) you posted above on page 6?

Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau

its the number that is used to identify the particular tile in the warehouse, they are so many so numbers are required to identify them. Here goes the room tile

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 9:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
Muyesky:

its the number that is used to identify the particular tile in the warehouse, they are so many so numbers are required to identify them. Here goes the room tile

Thank you. It looked so different on the when installed on the floor... looks like brownish. But good.

The same colour were used for these three rooms below?:
room 1
room 2
master bedroom

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2013
Beautiful house you have here.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
I am looking forward to this following installations:

1. dinning and entrance tiles
2. passage floor tiles
3. kitchen floor tiles
4. Verandah floor tiles

Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 10:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
mufutau55:

Thank you. It looked so different on the when installed on the floor... looks like brownish. But good.

The same colour were used for these three rooms below?:
room 1
room 2
master bedroom

Hajji Mufutau

yes sir
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 10:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
StainlessH: Beautiful house you have here.

Thank you sir smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 10:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
mufutau55: I am looking forward to this following installations:

1. dinning and entrance tiles
2. passage floor tiles
3. kitchen floor tiles
4. Verandah floor tiles

Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau

Alright sir, coming up soonest wink What do u make of the design of the tap sir smiley

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 11:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Muyesky:
Alright sir, coming up soonest wink What do u make of the design of the tap sir smiley

Beautiful. I love it. I just forgot to comment on it... and the Hand wash basins are good too..
Keep it up, I am watching all the posts to emulate you later when mine commences. That is how good they look.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
mufutau55:

Beautiful. I love it. I just forgot to comment on it... and the Hand wash basins are good too..
Keep it up, I am watching all the posts to emulate you later when mine commences. That is how good they look.

Hajji Mufutau

Alright sir, duly noted.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
more pix from site today smiley

1. sitting room and dinning

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
1. master toilet
2. children's toilet
3. guest toilet

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply)

Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Building House In This Recession! / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.