Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,154 members, 7,852,938 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:45 AM

Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) (167786 Views)

My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / Building My Three (3) Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:44am On Jul 29, 2013
Roserbert: wow! how come I neva see this thread before now? Anyways, thank God now am in. I av a similar project @hand now, and to the fact that am not working in thesame state whr the project is sited is one thing as I can't just monitor it so closely like you are doing. Somtimes I just feels lik questioning sometinz, but then, any attempt to do so might seems lik am doubting the integrity of the person monitoring the project on my behalf. One thing am just happy with, is that the project is progressing. There are few things I might av love to do differently if am there but, that not wit standing, many thanks to the man and all GLORY TO GOD.

Seriously, I must commend, you are doing a great job here.

I'll be back soon as I really need your opinion on some things on my project. Duty calls...

Thanks a lot sir, will be most glad to be of assistance whenever u are ready. Pls, call 08035757416
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by evanstical: 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
Muyesky. God bless you for this wonderful thread.Please sorry to draw you back. Assuming I used solid block of 6" to build , do I still need the German floor?. Although the place is not waterlogged.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
evanstical: Muyesky. God bless you for this wonderful thread.Please sorry to draw you back. Assuming I used solid block of 6" to build , do I still need the German floor?. Although the place is not waterlogged.

Regardless of the size of blocks you use.. it's still a good idea to do a german floor for various reasons.
I will advise you to do a german floor.. if you read all the thread on this forum, everyone advises to do a german floor. If you read some pages back, Muyesky also did a german floor which I and him discussed about it.

Read this link and it should help more on "Advantages of Oversite Concrete or German Floor":

http://buildingcontractorsecrets.com/2010/07/importance-of-german-or-oversite-concrete/

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 3:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
Muyesky:

Thanks a lot sir, will be most glad to be of assistance whenever u are ready. Pls, call 08035757416

Muyesky, any update? God bless.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Babaoloye50: 11:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
This is one of the BEST Tread EVERRRRRRRRRRRR
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by evanstical: 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
@mufutau55 ,thanks a lot.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
evanstical: @mufutau55 ,thanks a lot.

Anytime. And many thanks to Muyesky for his usual help too.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by CEOAyoStones(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
Granite Stones Direct From Quarry No 3rd Party..
-----------------------------------------------------
My name is Ayobami. i am into granite stones business
here at Blackstone Construction company.
we supply any sizes of granite stones

1. 3/4==N2400 per ton

2. 3/8==N2400 per ton

3.1/2==N2400 per ton

4.Stone Dust==N1200
we charge by distance for truck.. we have 30tons truck, 20tons truck and 10tons. we receive payment on delivery..
do not hesitate to contact us for more information through Bbm 21889C23..Tel:08079121097-08136794205.Thanks
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Chekitaut: 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
Buy 120tons of Granite 3/4, 3/4down, 1/2 @N1,980/ton and get 15tons free.
Stone dust @N800/ton
Call: 08055545355, 08032887233, 08025392565
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
mufutau55:

Regardless of the size of blocks you use.. it's still a good idea to do a german floor for various reasons.
I will advise you to do a german floor.. if you read all the thread on this forum, everyone advises to do a
german floor. If you read some pages back, Muyesky also did a german floor which I and him discussed about it.

Read this link and it should help more on "Advantages of Oversite Concrete or German Floor":

http://buildingcontractorsecrets.com/2010/07/importance-of-german-or-oversite-concrete/

Hajji Mufutau

Thanks a lot Hajji Mufutau, you have indeed answered all there is to answer as per his queston, you are blessed smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
mufutau55:

Muyesky, any update? God bless.

Hajji Mufutau

Yes sir, update coming pretty soonest, just waiting for my welder to complete my front arch gate which shld be done by next tomorrow. Just tot it wise together everything together before updating. smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
Babaoloye50: This is one of the BEST Tread EVERRRRRRRRRRRR

A tread actually inspired by this honorable house. Thanks a lot sir smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
Muyesky:

Yes sir, update coming pretty soonest, just waiting for my welder to complete my front arch gate which shld be done by next tomorrow. Just tot it wise together everything together before updating. smiley

Thanks, anxiously waiting for more picture updates too.
And I am sure you did not forget about my request, thru email? Or did you?

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
mufutau55:

Thanks, anxiously waiting for more picture updates too.
And I am sure you did not forget about my request, thru email? Or did you?

Hajji Mufutau

At all sir, just trying to compare prices from various pple to get u the most reasonable sir. In a day or two, i will surely mail you smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 4:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
Muyesky:
At all sir, just trying to compare prices from various pple to get u the most reasonable sir. In a day or two, i will surely mail you smiley

Thank you.. I am sure you did not forget about it. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Roserbert(m): 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
Muyesky:

Am grateful sir,
in the interim, the plumber just gave a bill of 135k for laying of pipes (material + workmanship), is the price reasonable for a 3 Bedroom all ensuite? Let me note that I requested for full conduit.

Thanks a bunch!
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
Roserbert:

Am grateful sir,
in the interim, the plumber just gave a bill of 135k for laying of pipes (material + workmanship), is the price reasonable for a 3 Bedroom all ensuite? Let me note that I requested for full conduit.

Thanks a bunch!

Sounds reasonable enough......that's if he knows what he's doing. Just make sure he gets the original brand for you. God bless u sir
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Roserbert(m): 11:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
Muyesky:

Sounds reasonable enough......that's if he knows what he's doing. Just make sure he gets the original brand for you. God bless u sir
will surely do.
Gratitude
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by abrakhigbe: 9:12am On Jul 31, 2013
Muyesky:

Muyesky you are doing a great job, keep it up....can I see a picture of your bathroom, is it bath or shower? And what advantage does a tilled lounge (sitting room) and bedroom (.floors and walls)have over the non tilled
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Azone: 10:06am On Jul 31, 2013
This is great, I like your attitude towards this and the passion you have.

Many people this days dont see this, they might have spent 3m on what they themselves dont understand.

I would like to know your honest opinion, I know you are building a 3 bedroom, but would 700k build a ROOM & PARLOR SELCONTAIN?

I would just like to have an idea of it, please share your thought.

Thanks
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2013
Azone: This is great, I like your attitude towards this and the passion you have.

Many people this days dont see this, they might have spent 3m on what they themselves dont understand.

I would like to know your honest opinion, I know you are building a 3 bedroom, but would 700k build a ROOM & PARLOR SELCONTAIN?

Thanks

Let's look at it this way, 400 blocks shld do a standard room for u, room and parlor then shld be at least 800 blocks, now include the bathroom and kitchen which shld take abt 250 blocks. Now u av about 1050 blocks minimum. An average 6" block is #120 x 1050 = #126000. Sharp Sand, plaster sand, iron rod and gravel shld set u back by at least #250k, wooding doors (4) like #60k, aluminium window at least #50k, wood work for roofing #150k, aluminium #200k and overall labour i.e for all stages, at least #200k. Already, u av #1036000. This is just for a standard one. Cld be lower or more, depending on u. God bless u sir.

2 Likes

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
[quote author=abrakhigbe][/quote]

Its a shower sir, a mixer shower.
The adv a tiled wall has over non tiled is mainly 'MOISTURE'. That is, where u use more of water, like the bathroom, frequent water on bare wall weakens the brick and also brings about algae on the wall which is not sighty at all. Wall tiles prevents all this and also gives a compact look. Then floor tiles prevent odour or constant change of rug or carpet change due to wear and tear. Its very easy to clean any stain or liquid of tiles but that cannot be said or bare floor. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
Azone: This is great, I like your attitude towards this and the passion you have.

Thanks

I am not sure you can.. Just a room and a parlor and a toilet, and may be a small kithen.
This is without land cost.. Remember, the foundation alone will eat half of that money.
Then setting of blocks, roofing.. that is just the carcas... without the finishing.. No way!
Note: This is based on my own experience.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
Muyesky:

Let's look at it this way, 400 blocks shld do a standard room for u, room and parlor then shld be at least 800 blocks, now include the bathroom and kitchen which shld take abt 250 blocks. Now u av about 1050 blocks minimum. An average 6" block is #120 x 1050 = #126000. Sharp Sand, plaster sand, iron rod and gravel shld set u back by at least #250k, wooding doors (4) like #60k, aluminium window at least #50k, wood work for roofing #150k, aluminium #200k and overall labour i.e for all stages, at least #200k. Already, u av #1036000. This is just for a standard one. Cld be lower or more, depending on u. God bless u sir.

You forgot the important part.. Foundation and with or without German Floor.. that alone will eat up N700k.
But your estimates on the other are also good examples.. With N2m he should be able to complete everything
without fancy finishing.. just essential finishing.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Roserbert(m): 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
Thank you very much sir,

Please I like to know (let's say on a rough estimation) like how many bags of cements will be enough for plastering a 3 bedroom flat in and out and flooring (A sitting room, dinning, 3 rooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, and a store - just of d size of bathroom) + suck-away. Mr. Muyesky, I wouldn't mind if you can tell me howmany you used for yours.

what should be d thickness of the plaster?

Remain blessed!
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Roserbert(m): 3:34pm On Jul 31, 2013

Thanks

Let me just buttress point already established by friends here that, 700k definitely won't be enough! With that noted, let me also say most importantly that 700k is not bad to start with. one thing I personally have come to understand about building is that, you must not have all the required fund before you start, just take the bold step, go ahead and do something with what you are having presently with you. There is this joy seeing something springing up, dream coming through, it motivates you to strive more and in no time you will be suprised what you have been able to achieve.

Shalom!

4 Likes

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Chekitaut: 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
Our record in Quarry as at 31st of July, 2013
CNC, Orile Quarry = 10540tons
S&G, Abeokuta Quarry = 6231.54tons
Aberu Quarry= 5010.66tons
Paramount Quarry=2105.87tons

Our record speak for us...non-stopping still counting.

We will continue to serve you better.
Buy 120tons of Granite @N1,980/ton and get 15tons free.
Call: 08055545355, 08032887233, 08025392565.

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
mufutau55:

You forgot the important part.. Foundation and with or without German Floor.. that alone will eat up N700k.
But your estimates on the other are also good examples.. With N2m he should be able to complete everything
without fancy finishing.. just essential finishing.

Hajji Mufutau

Thanks a lot Hajji Mufutau, was actually typing on my mobile while doing some other things so a bit of distractions here and there made me overlook that. wink
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
Roserbert: Thank you very much sir,

Please I like to know (let's say on a rough estimation) like how many bags of cements will be enough for plastering a 3 bedroom flat in and out and flooring (A sitting room, dinning, 3 rooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, and a store - just of d size of bathroom) + suck-away. Mr. Muyesky, I wouldn't mind if you can tell me howmany you used for yours.

what should be d thickness of the plaster?

Remain blessed!

we dont just guess brother smiley, i think ur plan, size of the building and design says a lot here. i know i used closed to 80 bags in out.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
Roserbert:

Let me just buttress point already established by friends here that, 700k definitely won't be enough! With that noted, let me also say most importantly that 700k is not bad to start with. one thing I personally have come to understand about building is that, you must not have all the required fund before you start, just take the bold step, go ahead and do something with what you are having presently with you. There is this joy seeing something springing up, dream coming through, it motivates you to strive more and in no time you will be suprised what you have been able to achieve.

Shalom!

You can say that again brother, i am a living example. I had only 70k on me when i wanted to buy the land back then, i remember i had to pay thrice to complete payment but thats all history now smiley nothing is too small to start with, the important thing is to get started and things will gradually fall into place. Its a naturall law for those who believe in it.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Roserbert(m): 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
we dont just guess brother smiley, i think ur plan, size of the building and design says a lot here. i know i used closed to 80 bags in out.

I kno for sure size matters sir, but was just surprised when the man asked me τ̲̅ȍ get 150 bags of cement, 7 plastering sand, 2 sharp n 2 stoney.

No problem, I'll kno what τ̲̅ȍ do and get you updated. Thank you very much for your support. Its good having somebody like you τ̲̅ȍ share with.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
Roserbert:
I kno for sure size matters sir, but was just surprised when the man asked me τ̲̅ȍ get 150 bags of cement, 7 plastering sand, 2 sharp n 2 stoney.
No problem, I'll kno what τ̲̅ȍ do and get you updated. Thank you very much for your support. Its good having somebody like you τ̲̅ȍ share with.

Best thing is that if you don't trust them that much.. buy the materials as they go along..
he asks for 150 bags of cement - buy only 80 bags at first and make sure you stay there to monitor them, if it finishes buy some more.. Then buy him 5 plastering sand at first.. what is 2 stoney? Just make sure you buy some and when they are almost finished with that, with your monitoring, then you buy more.. That has worked well for me.

Oga Muyesky, what do you say to that?

Hajji Mufutau

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply)

Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Building House In This Recession! / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.