Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,666 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience (5733 Views)

At Last , Scientists Prove Life After Death / Do You Believe In Life After Death? / The Near Death Experience (light At The End Of The Tunnel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by gbengaijot(m): 3:10pm On May 12, 2006
how do u mean hallucinations?
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by spikedcylinder: 5:14pm On May 12, 2006
Gbenga,i said it happens everytime,with every christian i come in contact with.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by KAG: 11:59pm On May 12, 2006
spikedcylinder:

Take a look at this scenario. . . .
A christian sister is giving out tracts which i politely decline.
She says"why not"?
I say i'm not a christian.
She says (with a shocked look on her face)"Really?are you a muslim?"
And I say,NO,am not a muslim either.
She says,"then what are you?"
I say,I'm not a religious person and then she looks at me,tells me with a loud voice to give my life to christ,rolls her eyes and walks away in a rude manner!

This ind of thing happens EVERY TIME I encounter the christian types.
Now,if thats not offensive,i don't know what else is!

What's also interesting is, it's not just the fundy "Good news" spreaders that are offensive, the tracts they hand out tend to be more offensive than the tract in OP. What's more the original author of the parodied tract, like many Christians, even insults other Christian denominations, so you can imagine his take on "false religions".
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by nferyn(m): 12:39am On May 13, 2006
A few more christians with an unwaranted persecution complex undecided Atheists are not out to get you, as long as you don't proselitise, we (at least I, but I think I speak for most atheists) will gladly tolerate your beliefs.

People, what follows is an honest question, so don't chastise me for it wink

[size=13pt]Why do religions deserve respect?[/size]

@KAG,
You seem to change gender at will, didn't know that was possible amongst mammals grin grin grin
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by KAG: 12:44am On May 13, 2006
nferyn:

@KAG,
You seem to change gender at will, didn't know that was possible amongst mammals grin grin grin

It's an internet thing, it only seems to happen on the interweb.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by mlksbaby(f): 12:57am On May 13, 2006
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by nferyn(m): 12:59am On May 13, 2006
KAG:

It's an internet thing, it only seems to happen on the interweb.
So you're taking on an arachnid persona on the web, more fit to your environment grin
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by nferyn(m): 1:00am On May 13, 2006
mlks_baby,

I will reply in the other thread

thx
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by mlksbaby(f): 1:03am On May 13, 2006
Alrighty, I've been there. Thanx, but I'm not in the least interested in being drawn into an argument for the sake of it. wink
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by nferyn(m): 1:14am On May 13, 2006
mlks_baby:

Alrighty, I've been there. Thanx, but I'm not in the least interested in being drawn into an argument for the sake of it. wink
It was more of a philosophical question anyway, so the argument, or more precisely, the reasoning behind it, is what interests me.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by mlksbaby(f): 1:55am On May 13, 2006
Cool, you just helped round it off smoothly. Much appreciated.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by gidig(m): 7:55pm On May 16, 2006
mlks_Baby

THe hounds are out.They have tasted blood! Maybe you should let this thing go.You are not getting anywhere with these guys!And if I may had,the topi itself is a trap to imvite people of the Christia faith I and see if they can come into an endless argument.

All these guys who are waxing philosophy know like all humans that there are things in life beyond the scope of their understanding and knowledge.

In their heart is that thought 'what if, ? lingers.Daily,they drown it with arguments and presentations that tries to explain away a reality that they fear may exist.Anyone can pretend to have fun saying this but you never know what is in the heart of man.I have been there before and I can tell you the fear of everyone who scorns God!

And I hope that this will be posted!
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by KAG: 9:15pm On May 16, 2006
gidig:

All these guys who are waxing philosophy know like all humans that there are things in life beyond the scope of their understanding and knowledge.

On behalf of all the philosophy waxers (I'm not one of them though), so?

In their heart is that thought 'what if, ? lingers.Daily,they drown it with arguments and presentations that tries to explain away a reality that they fear may exist.

You know, mind reading tends not to pay that well, especially if all you are doing, is projecting. Just a friendly advise.

Anyone can pretend to have fun saying this but you never know what is in the heart of man.I have been there before and I can tell you the fear of everyone who scorns God!

Do you mind if I ask, where you've been before, and why you were afraid?

Okay?

By the way, I was reading what was more or less the original comic, and it's even more offensive (in my opinion) than the parody. See http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0082/0082_01.asp
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by nferyn(m): 9:19pm On May 16, 2006
gidig:

mlks_Baby

THe hounds are out.They have tasted blood! Maybe you should let this thing go.You are not getting anywhere with these guys!And if I may had,the topi itself is a trap to imvite people of the Christia faith I and see if they can come into an endless argument.
If you think it's a trap, go and see yourself. I've had a very relevant and insightful discussion with mlks_Baby.

gidig:

Obviously there's a lot of stuff like that. the question is how do you approach what you don't understand.

gidig:

In their heart is that thought 'what if, ? lingers.Daily,they drown it with arguments and presentations that tries to explain away a reality that they fear may exist.
You assume too much

gidig:

Anyone can pretend to have fun saying this but you never know what is in the heart of man.I have been there before and I can tell you the fear of everyone who scorns God!
Meaning?

gidig:

Your hopes have been fulfiled.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by mlksbaby(f): 5:18am On May 17, 2006
@gidig,
I appreciate your concern (and solidarity). However, I should admit that our discussions have been genial. The surprise may be that: (a) I don't have all the answers to some of the questions, and I've learnt not to pretend I do; (b) the Christian faith is not closed to reason or questioning; rather, we are asked to avoid unnecessary arguments that foment senseless and prolonged debates tending to breed ill-feelings (see II Tim. 2:23); and (c) some of these gentlemen and ladies have been very helpful in providing astute points of reference (at least to me) that we all too often take for granted as believers.

Where ridicule, bigotry and prejudice are the underlying motives and current of any discussion, I pass on quietly without making the brewing war mine. And where my faith is challenged by some of the questions I find interesting, it's often an opportunity for me to go back prayerfully seeking answers. I guarantee you that God hasn't failed me at any one time. Thanks again for your brotherly love. cheesy

@nferyn,
You have my respects for having challenged me severally to think things through rather than take them for granted. You know what? I've had a second look at the issues raised in the other thread, and gained a lot in revisiting what I thought I knew about naturalism, spirit, soul, etc. Although my faith hasn't been rattled by whatever else I chanced upon, but it broadened my scope and appreciation for other people's perceptions about life and experience. No, I don't necessarily consider every thread as a "trap" to lure Christians into needless criss-crossing; although some mischief are unnecessary. The world should be better managed by many of us who want friends and not fiends. wink

@KAG,
Hmmm, you're surprising me these days. I didn't quite take kindly to some of the things you said earlier on this thread (the jokes about making babies); but I've had the good fortune of seeing your objectivity in several other entries. Thanks for your comments in some of the posts, and I trust that we'll all find a balance in our quest for reason. wink

@All,
You've been great guys and gals. I hope I'll make more friends than enemies - what would the world be without smiles (of the non-mischievous sort)? God bless y'all. cheesy
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by ToyM28(f): 11:39pm On May 23, 2006
Seun are u seriosly considering dis? This is not to say that sometimes i dont doubt but one thing i've learnt to have faith in is the fact that the one true God (father of Jesus Christ), does exist and somehow he's dissapointed u'll even think for a sec Zeus exist's and he doesnt. shocked angry
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by Seun(m): 11:51pm On May 23, 2006
"As surely as Zeus lives, rainy season and dry season shall never cease, and doubters shall perish!" lipsrsealed
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by KAG: 12:09am On May 24, 2006
nferyn:

So you're taking on an arachnid persona on the web, more fit to your environment grin

Well, that's certainly on way of putting it.
mlks_baby:

@KAG,
Hmmm, you're surprising me these days. I didn't quite take kindly to some of the things you said earlier on this thread (the jokes about making babies); but I've had the good fortune of seeing your objectivity in several other entries. Thanks for your comments in some of the posts, and I trust that we'll all find a balance in our quest for reason. wink

You didn't like the making babies comment? Why?
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by mlksbaby(f): 12:26am On May 24, 2006
@KAG,

My bad - I'd mistaken spikecylinder's comment to be yours:
Yes!That way we can name them God,Jesus and Holy Spirit!
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by dblock(m): 8:38am On Sep 30, 2006
nahhhhhhhh its all about the cheops theory
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-24526.0.html
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by nonslike: 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2006
Hmmm, A lil bit thought provoking ,
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by Backslider(m): 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2006
@ KaG,

You know My personal experince with religion took along time for to come to know the true mind of The owner of the universe.

I had very little faith in The bible at that time. I did not beleive in hell and i made jest of The Judgement of God and his fairness to humanity that he made in his Image.

I now look at the example of the human race where a man can have a Child and can kill the Child for no cause or a woman can kill her husband or child for non sensical reason.

Those times of my ignorance there was no way I thought there will be a tv screen or memory for any being up or down to know about me to bring into evidence against me.

I now know tha even as humans you can be recorded for days or years on a very small device. I never beleived that we could numbered the whole earth My Ignorance was fed by The fact that some chips had not been invented at the time.

You know of Isreal I have read several WAR books from my Dads Library ( He Was Navy Officer In NIGERIAN NAVY ). I saw the places spoken of in the bible by the War Account books some of the accounts I later understood that Isreal Had ceased to a state before 1947.

I read where the bible said he will Gather his Children from all the corners of the world. I questioned how it was possible that they would be 100% true Jew. I now understood the reason for the Holocaust. The jews had a Tradition they kept for years they hardly mixed and this was one of the things that feed Hitlers hatred.

My brother when I got this revealed to me not by a pastor by my own inquisitveness I was Afraid of God, You wondered why Hitler hated the Jews and Loved his people German.

The Jews have a problem of leadership and this problem is replicated in a particular country. I ask you can you tell me why did the USA attack Iraq. Iraq had no meaniful weapon to fight but the USA Attacked them. The Middle East news is Stale news if you read the Bible with patience and Understanding.

I dicovered so many other things. Please I beg you research and see for yourself with an open mind. you may think I lack logical reason But all what happens in the Middle East beats logic.

Isreal can deal ruthlessly with any army in the world but take a look at their size and where they are . I know because Of my understanding on Wars.

It remain the Appearance of The 10.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by olabowale(m): 12:22pm On Oct 02, 2006
@Backslider: You said God created mankind in His own image. Are you saying to mean that the physiology of man is like that of God; the inside and out? Please tell us what you really mean.

So it was your lack of faith or the little faith that you have at that time that made you convert to Christianity. How come we have Jews who wre Rabbis in the time of muhammad (AS), converting to islam of Muhammad. How come now that you have Jews coming to islam even pre and post 911, in America. I have some as riens in New York City. I also have met some in massachussetts.

Could you tell me, during the time of Muhammad (AS) that in the Arabian penisula, there was a very significant amount of jews in Yathrib, which became madina? Go and ask a knowledgeable Jew about this.

Yes, the Yahud will be gathered to Palestine. There is a reason for it. Your reason that they will be victorious in the long run is false. During the time of muhammad, the Muslims won and lost battles. Yet, muhammad is the prophet and messenger of the Most Powerful.

Look at the birth rate and gender of the birth of the Israeli and the palestinians. The palestinians are larger and males, whereas, the jews are smaller and females.

It may not happen in our lifetime, but it will happen that the palestinians will be able to stand up to the israeli and won over them. Just like Moses defeated Oharaoh, nothing is possible before God.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by olabowale(m): 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2006
@Backslider: Just as Pharaoh was defeated by God through the hand of Moses, while Moses (AS) and his brother Haruun (AS) and those with them were not capable in the least to fight Pharaoh might (but baseless and already doomed) army. All things are possible by Allah. Nothing is impossible with Him. He encompasses everything.

My question to you is this, what is your father's thaought about your abandoning Islam for Christianity?
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by Ndipe(m): 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2007
Seun, remember this.

God cannot be mocked!!! I hope you repent before it is too late. Open your heart to Jesus Christ, before it is too late. Ask yourself this question, "Why is Jesus Christ so popular in today's world of high tech when he lived in this world 2000 years? There is absolutely no figure who has had as much of a vast influence as Jesus Christ of Nazareth. That should explain to you that He is God the Son, the King of Kings and The Lord of Lords. He died to save mankind from the bondage of satan.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by KAG: 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2007
smiley With love.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by Seun(m): 8:56am On Jul 17, 2007
You have been brainwashed, Ndipe. Perhaps it's Zeus who cannot be mocked. wink
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by cgift(m): 10:02am On Sep 26, 2007
You will b shocked that Zeuxs himself will bown down and be humbled in judgement when the Son of Man (Jesus) sits on the throne.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by KAG: 11:58pm On Sep 26, 2007
cgift:

You will b shocked that Zeuxs himself will bown down and be humbled in judgement when the Son of Man (Jesus) sits on the throne.

You blasphemer! It's Zeus, not "Zeuxs". And just so you know the sonof man (Jesus) already bowed to Zeus's awesomeness. Repent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did God Create Money? / Information: Evidence Of A Creator. / Unbelievable Quote From Watchtower Publications!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.