Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,487 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience (5732 Views)

At Last , Scientists Prove Life After Death / Do You Believe In Life After Death? / The Near Death Experience (light At The End Of The Tunnel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by KAG: 7:11pm On May 10, 2006
spikedcylinder:

KAG,I love you!Honestly,i do! grin

I love you too, lets make beautiful babies together - I hope.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by KAG: 7:13pm On May 10, 2006
mlks_baby:

@Nwoke, you really haven't said anything and I respect your opinion simply because that's what you really want to believe. Even the most respected atheists and skeptics are not that brazen - they'll always tell you that the non-existence of God cannot be proven! So, could you break the record and tell us how you came by your omniscient discovery?

The christian God? I've met several who have claimed just that.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by zebudaya(m): 7:15pm On May 10, 2006
If you believe there is no God. good for you. live your life. It's a free world. It's not by force to believe. But please dont disrespect other people's religion, and do not come on message boards and play Devil's advocate. I think it's childish.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by MrBean(m): 7:18pm On May 10, 2006
Now this is a shocking life after death experience

[img][/img]

What a rude awakening.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by Gomer: 7:20pm On May 10, 2006
Nwoke:

He most likely does not exist. If he exists, it cannot be the Christian God. that I am sure of.
would you like to share with us what led you to come to that conclusion?
i feel you nwoke,
years back i almost came to that conclusion but maybe because i've been through real rough times and no- one else could have seen me through but Him- only Him and i look around me and Nwoke you can't deny it, there's a God somewhere, there has to be, see you, see me, see life, look at the ocean, look up to the sky at night, is that not enough proof?
look through your life nwoke, look deep inside, don't you feel so empty sometimes, don't you feel lost.
if you don't, i do so i don't know how you can feel nothing or see nothing.
go into the labor room and watch a baby being born then you'l know there's a God somewhere!
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by spikedcylinder: 7:24pm On May 10, 2006
KAG:

I love you too, lets make beautiful babies together - I hope.
Yes!That way we can name them God,Jesus and Holy Spirit! grin
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by KAG: 7:31pm On May 10, 2006
spikedcylinder:

Yes!That way we can name them God,Jesus and Holy Spirit! grin

Sweet! I didn't think it was possible, but now I've fallen even more in love.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by zebudaya(m): 7:38pm On May 10, 2006
what about Beelzebub, Belial, and Baalshatzar. beautiful names dont you think so?
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by KAG: 7:45pm On May 10, 2006
zebudaya:

what about Beelzebub, Belial, and Baalshatzar. beautiful names don't you think so?

Nah. Beelzebub, and Baalshatzar are too long, and some may find them hard to spell; while Belial has a lie sound at it's end, and sounds like the name of an asylum.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by spikedcylinder: 7:54pm On May 10, 2006
Is it not the parents of the children that get to pick the names abi wetin be your own zebudaya? grin
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by Ndipe(m): 8:14pm On May 10, 2006
@Nwoke

I particularly don't care for your religious beliefs, heck, it is a free world, but Christians, including myself would fervently wish that the Word of God would be supplanted in people's lives. For you to come out and make a mockery of my Christian faith is completely unacceptable, blasphemous and insulting to practising Christians. For once, you would not dare criticise the islamic faith, because of the repercussions that would result. Why would you stoop so low to blaspheme Jesus Christ? Do you know Who He Is? He is God, whether you like it or not. Take a look back and ask yourself about the Message of God. Even in my human state, a sinful state, dominated by selfishness, I can't comprehend why God Almighty would have sent His Only Begotten Son to die for our sins on the Cross. He bled to death, to Atone for our sins and subsequently rose from the dead on the Third day.

Now, why is it that the Holy Bible is the Best Seller of all bestsellers, or why havent they been a conclusive proof to refute the Christian Belief that Jesus Christ rose from the dead? This miraculous event took place about centuries ago, and the truth of Resurrection of Jesus Christ has persisted uptil this present age. In this modern age, where the presence of computers has aided forensic experts in dredging up the past lives of humans, technology would be able to conclusively put an end to this 'cover up' of Christianity. Apparently, they CANT, because the Truth is Jesus Christ is Alive, whether you like it or not.

I have been a member of this board for less than four months and I am quite impressed with the caliber of topics here, Though it does not rival the defunct NRConline message board, still, I decided to join the board to mix up with other Nigerians, presently scattered on the four corners of the earth. Lately, there is another topic about rude customer service in Nigeria, and how it can be eliminated. For an adult, you would be smart enough not to toy with people's feelings.
I feel you owe us an apology, or better still, take off this blasphemous thread/caption. We Christians deserve better than this insulting message. It goes contrary to your earlier pm that "We will also not allow any comments that PROMOTE hatred or discrimination against any race, ethnic or RELIGION GROUP, gender, sexual orientation, et cetera."

Obviously, I was wrong!!!

Shame!!!
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by gbengaijot(m): 7:57am On May 11, 2006
I don't need to appeal to you to stop critiscising, all i will say is that, 'tomorow shall tell' (like the old famous book i read in J.S.S3) and we will see if there is a God or not.

Why don't we wait till then?, it could be in 10 minutes time, or in ten years time, or in a million years to come, i will stand to your face and prove you wrong because i will call the pebble dare by then.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by Seun(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2006
I find your indignation over this tract very amusing. Some people have even threatened violence over it. I thought Christianity was a religion of peace? Can you see what I mean when I say there is nothing like 'religion of peace'?

Religion divides people based on beliefs that cannot be proven. Religion promotes blind acceptance of questionable beliefs and calls it "faith". It sugar-coats intolerance of the views of others and calls it "faithfulness".

The Christian God does not exist. The Christian God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-good. If such a God exists, then evil cannot exist in this world. Since evil exists in this world, then the Christian God does not exist. QED.

I used to be a Christian, but not anymore. Here's why. Religion has failed us.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by mlksbaby(f): 9:32am On May 11, 2006
@Nwoke, people many times hide behind a mix of words in order to point accusing fingers at other people. If someone caricatures your family with vituperations and mindless bigotry, class that as tolerance. If another misrepresents you as a liar with tribalistic prejudices, class it as blind acceptance. A third comes along and wonders why you'd be polarised towards certain trends that clearly show you're so narrow minded and have a penchant for breaking the rules you set: accept it as unity. But of course, maybe those do not apply to you as a person; why would it apply to other people? The point is, you may not believe in the faiths of other people; but that is no licence to help feed the bigotry expressed towards their convictions.

One thing I'd say is: the cartoon was not yours, and even if you didn't post it here on Nairaland, people still would have seen it on the net - I did; and there are several others that are worse. Like syrup laughed it off in recognition that the cartoonist was trying to imitate the Jack Chick publishers, I really don't think some other reactions that have greeted this thread are balanced. So, in my opinion, you have a point in wondering why the vexations. But that should not justify the purposeful and willful attempts of anyone casting aspersions on the faith of any group of people.

I don't know about others, but it was rather a challenge to me to look inward and ask myself pertinent questions: "how do I know that my choice to be a believer in Christ is not mistaken? what if. . . this or that?" However, at the end of the day, my faith became more established in Christ for several reasons (would like to share if you want me to). So, in that sense, I shouldn't feel that you're a mad man simply by posting the cartoon. And I'd appeal to others to just calm down and not be so impassioned. We only wonder if you could find one suitable one for the Muslims as well and see if our beloved Nairaland remains after 48 hours. Of course, don't follow through with that temptation. wink

However, this is what I personally don't find funny: when you over-react to certain stuff that you read and class every Christian as worshipping a non-existent God. I think that is over-stating your claims. I don't believe in Zeus, or Apollo or any other Greek "gods". . . but I can't sufficiently "prove" that they never existed! The question then is: why then did I choose to be a Christian? I just stated it above.

Understandably, most people (Christians in particular) are not happy with the mindless bigotry and slurring that unbelieving folks take the slightest opportunity to display against the Christian faith. Ponder this from the cartoon:

~ Jesus was a human. We killed him so you wouldn't worship him.

~ And while you were worshipping your false god, Jesus, the gods wept for you.

Neatly sums up the agenda of the cartoonist, wouldn't you agree? Someone couldn't hold back his hate against Jesus Christ, and he went this far.

What has this led to on the Forum? I think there's a thick line between freedom of expression and mindless and willful attempts to disrespect the feelings and convictions of others. Those who feel it is okay to promote this seed of misunderstandings between people can well be assured that it doesn't take a belief in God or Christ to be mindless; nor does it take so much as the faith of mustard seed to promote the sort of bigotry and outright hatred we see in "civilized" Europe today.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by Mongue(m): 9:34am On May 11, 2006
Why do people who believe in their "Religions" get so upset when they think that people are insulting their beliefs and being blasphemous etc etc.

They seem to have no qualms in being very rude and and offensive when they tell me that I have to go to Chrurch, if I don't believe in Jesus then I've got my whole life all wrong and I'm going to go and rot and burn in the eternal damnation of hell!!!

Surely if that's what they think about my life then someone llike Nwoke has the right to say what he thinks about theirs!

Stop being so touchy about it, if your belief / religion is really so right then you should invite for it to be questioned, trouble is you just don't have the answers to back it up, it all boils down to your "faith"?!?!
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by mlksbaby(f): 9:44am On May 11, 2006
Dialogue is miles apart from bigotry. If the cartoonist or Nwoke have any proof as to their assertions, they should not be so touchy and should invite them to be questioned. Trouble is, do they have the answers to back them up? It all boils down to what they "think"?!?!

Christians are not mindless people - just as I wouldn't suppose of anyone, until they prove it! People are free and have all the right in the world to express themselves; but when that comes to deliberate prejudice laced with variegated outlandish hypocricy, feelings are bound to criss-cross the post.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by Seun(m): 9:53am On May 11, 2006
What you don't understand is that the very beliefs you hold and are defending are offensive to non-believers.

I find offensive the fact that you believe that George Bush is going to heaven as long as he 'believes' while righteous me is going to hell. I find offensive the fact that fornicating young women think they are too good for me. the bible refers to atheists like me as fools, and I find that offensive. I find it offensive that you give so much money to your pastors and ignore more humanitarian causes. I find it offensive that my folks want me to be a Christian.

Considering all the offensive things you Christians have believed and have done, this little cartoon is nothing.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by mlksbaby(f): 10:15am On May 11, 2006
That you find something offensive justifies why you'd go to any length to demonstrate polarisation to mindless bigotry? I don't have all the answers, but even most of the things you've stated are narrow-minded carping. Why? Do you suppose for one minute that fornicators will inherit God's kingdom even if they make the claim of being 'Christian'? You may have a disaffection for George Bush, but his actions dictate to you the fate of every Christian? And that atheists are fools may be taken as offensive; have you considered what they have said against people of religious persuasions who don't even have a verse like Psa. 14:1 in their holy writs? 'More humanitarian causes' may not be so evident in Nigerian churches - but please look beyond and see the huge causes taken in the name of Christ in far away and difficult-to-reach-regions that the sacrifical giving of Christians have enabled the Church to bring hope and life to those at the brink of death. Question: without rancour, how much of such humanitarian causes have atheists betaken themselves to in the name of godlessness?

If the so-called 'offensive things' you claim were not even evident in Christianity, would that in itself have stopped the cartoonist(s) from carrying out their agendum against Christ? If your intension in posting the cartoon was to fuel bigotry, you persuade me of my earlier assertion that: "Christians are not mindless people - just as I wouldn't suppose of anyone, until they prove it!"
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by Skidoc(m): 10:29am On May 11, 2006
This is the first time I'm seeing Christians fighting for Christ/religion, so to say. They usually don't defend their God. what they do is to even pray for people who openly offends their God/religion that they may see the light. Christians face a lot of persecution, mockery,etc everyday and I believe they should only respond with "father, forgive them for they know not what they do".
To engage in meaningless arguments in the name of defending Christianity is not one of the attributes of a true Christian. Mlks-baby and others, please take note. It is not a new thing to hear that our God does not exist, or Jesus is a human and we christians are all fools, these are just the signs of the time and should not be taken with any offence. We are taught to preach the word only and not fight back unlike some other faiths. So please let them say.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by mlksbaby(f): 10:48am On May 11, 2006
Listen, nobody fights back simply on issues of God's existence (and I'm not fighting back!). The cartoon was not about "God", but a direct attack on Christ - did you read it? Someone is saying that Jesus is a "false god" - and is not asking us to reject "God" or "the gods" but rather to reject Christ! What then do you suppose mlks_baby and others should do? I Pet. 3:15 asks us to present a rational for why we believe; and Jude 3 says almost the same thing as we seek to contend for the faith. Yes, I do pray for many who oppose the Christian faith: "Lord, do not hold this sin against them!" (Acts 7:60). And I've tried to be reasonable in presenting a dialogue; but when the response is leaning towards justifying the cartoon, I don't lose my peace but make more appeal for common sense. It is when we fold our arms and "let them say" that the ridicule against Christ Himself becomes senseless. I hope you'd reconsider and not just suppose this is about a 'meaningless argument.'
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by Seun(m): 10:51am On May 11, 2006
~ Jesus was a human. We killed him so you wouldn't worship him.
How do you think muslims feel when you tell them Muhammad was a false prophet?

And while you were worshipping your false god, Jesus, the gods wept for you.
How do you think muslims feel when you tell them that Muhammad's Allah is a false god and Jesus is the only way?
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by mlksbaby(f): 11:03am On May 11, 2006
Are you defending Islam now or what? You're not a muslim, so running under that cover is not a sure-fire proof for what you're advocating. I was a Muslim and heard many times that "Mohammed was a false prophet" before becoming a Christian. Even now as a Christian, I still hear worse things said about Christ - so how would that make me feel? That the Bible is a book of myth. . . that Islam calls Christians 'polytheistic pagans'. . . how do you suppose it would make me as a former Muslim feel? If you want to know how I've sought to address bigotry in issues of faith, please see an example of my response in this link: charlisco's See How Real Muslim Women Eat.

Seun, what I've been trying to deal with here is to decrying any excuse to fuel bigotry (I've tried to say this umpteen times). That's the crux of the matter. If that is not clear, then please find a cartoon like that about Islam and wait for Muslim reactions.

Peace.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by gbadex1(m): 11:17am On May 11, 2006
Seun:

What you don't understand is that the very beliefs you hold and are defending are offensive to non-believers.

I find offensive the fact that you believe that George Bush is going to heaven as long as he 'believes' while righteous me is going to hell. I find offensive the fact that fornicating young women think they are too good for me. the bible refers to atheists like me as fools, and I find that offensive. I find it offensive that you give so much money to your pastors and ignore more humanitarian causes. I find it offensive that my folks want me to be a Christian.

Considering all the offensive things you Christians have believed and have done, this little cartoon is nothing.

i'll like to ask Seun a question. if you find Christianity offensive and people's views of your ideology offensive, then why in God's name did you create a forum for Christians?
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by Seun(m): 11:29am On May 11, 2006
Nigerians are religious, and so we have to no choice but to discuss the issue of religion on this forum!

What the hell is the "bigotry" that you are fighting against? Define it!
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by pixiraver(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2006
Honestly i have been thinking more about christianity and islam of late and i think there are so many flaws in them.Dont get me wrong i am a christian but i prefer worshipping God almighty instead of any other god at all,i think this thread makes sense,we just donate our monies to the hands of men .One really wonders about d begining of d bible where man was said to have originated from,how come we are Blacks when our Adam and Eve were both claimed to be whites? How did all that change?Or was it because of d sun we turned black?Answer me people,how come the rest day was shifted from the real sabbath day of saturday to sunday?Who made all this changes?Men ! so give me answers people.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by Mongue(m): 1:09pm On May 11, 2006
I think that Seun's description of how he found Christians offensive was a response to the fact that people were attacking him for posting something that questioned THEIR beliefs, he is trying to show that lots and lots and lots of things that Christians say and believe are automatically offensive and condescending to those of us who don't!

All the Christians / Muslims etc are basically telling me that I'm stupid because their way is the ONLY way. If you don't believe it then you are wrong! I find that highly offensive, but unlike all the people who have been complaining I don't care, I'm quite happy for you to state your beliefs as long as you let the rest of us tear it apart!
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by gbengaijot(m): 1:13pm On May 11, 2006
The bible never depicted adam and eve as white, the bible never depicted Jesus as a white man, the bible only said where he was born, and remember when there was trouble in israel, Jesus was taken to Africa(egypt to be precise) and some studies have proven that Jesus is from a lineage of black history. who knows?,

I will still say again and again that the fact that thyere are fake christians doesnt mean that God is fake, the fact that some people believe a particular sect of the bible doesnt mean that the bible is fake.

My conclusion still remains that religion is like a knife, you can use it to cut, use it to kill, and u can use it to destroy,
so it depends on the application and context it is used for.

And because you've seen a knife been used to kill doesnt mean you should condemn the knife that it is bad.

@seun i see you deleted my post. i will  still say that impateince does not work out things. Learn to be patient it will help you when you get married  and raised kids or else they (your kids and your wife) will all hate you.

Thats my 2cent (lik 2 cent will alway say)
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by sanctajoe(m): 2:22pm On May 11, 2006
who said so ?, not worth hearing.
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by gbengaijot(m): 2:30pm On May 11, 2006
thank you, thats my own opinion!,
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by spikedcylinder: 4:02pm On May 11, 2006
Take a look at this scenario. . . .
A christian sister is giving out tracts which i politely decline.
She says"why not"?
I say i'm not a christian.
She says (with a shocked look on her face)"Really?are you a muslim?"
And I say,NO,am not a muslim either.
She says,"then what are you?"
I say,I'm not a religious person and then she looks at me,tells me with a loud voice to give my life to christ,rolls her eyes and walks away in a rude manner!

This ind of thing happens EVERY TIME I encounter the christian types.
Now,if thats not offensive,i dont know what else is!
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by gbengaijot(m): 7:59am On May 12, 2006
Now, does that make christian religion offensive?, her actions makes her offensive not the religion.

As there are rude christians, there are nice ones, and there are rude muslims, there are really nice ones and as there are rude atheist, there are nice ones,

it doesnt make the religion in itself offensive.does it
Re: One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience by beefblaze(m): 2:31pm On May 12, 2006
this is complete hallucinations grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Islamic View On St Paul? / Why Do Christians Underestimate The Power Of Prayer? / Did God Create Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.