Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Despite All Odds - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Despite All Odds (127485 Views)

Despite All Odds - (An Interesting Story) / AGAINST ALL ODDS By Akpem Terese Shadrach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
Pheeeeew! *sigh*

Space booked. cool

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by Opeoluwah01(f): 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2013
Am so happy. smileyI cant wait to read d next episode!
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 7:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
"You should go home now." Jide said slowly, his son'd been staring at Sasha's motionless body for hours without a blink; if his eyes could heal-Sasha should be well.

"which home?" Kenny asked-eyes still fixed on Sasha.

"we should take a cab back to the hotel, you've been here since morning, and its close to 11pm now." Jide replied patting his son- the boy was getting lean by the day, he hardly spoke or smile not to talk of laughing.

"Big daddy isn't here yet." Kenny noted,edging closer to Sasha;like she could stop his father from taking him away.

"He'd be here in a few seconds, Dr Krishna asked to speak with him."

"Dr Krishna.." Kenny echoed. The name reminded him of an Indian movie he and Sasha had seen on cable.
"Lemme say something to her before we leave."

Jide simply sighed, crossing his legs. Watching his son talking to Sasha wasn't a very good sight; as it might force tears down your face.

"Sassy...I believe you can hear me; the 'coma' not withstanding" Kenny began.
"Dr Krishna said; your kidneys are good, but the problem now could be your brain...He said its 'stressed' out. I wish I could share my own brain with you. But still, I believe in God's name, that you'll be fine." he caressed her arm.

"lest I forget, yesterday was my birthday; nobody wished me well...remember our plans? How you promised to buy me something 'special'? Big mummy's been crying, Kola stopped going to school, Big Daddy is so lean...we miss you Sassy. We hope you'll talk to us soon." he concluded steping back.

"she might hear you." Williams said startling him. He had walked into the room to meet Kenny in his 'state'.

"sure" Kenny replied.

"thanks alot...for your support." Williams said to Jide who simply smiled.

"any news?"

"Yea..." Williams avoided their eyes.

"Uhum?"

"he's just saying the chances are getting thinner by the day, he mention something about her nervous system. They might take her off 'life support' soon" Williams said sadly.

"But we aint asking them too." Jide frowned.
"They can't try such! We would hang on for as long as our faith stretches."

"Dad? Did you see that?" Kenny nudged his father bewildered.

"what?" Williams and Jide chorused as Kenny kept pointing at Sasha.

"like... she just tapped her right fingers." Kenny replied with a nod.

"Seriously?" Jided asked with unbelief.

Just then, her eye balls moved though with closed eyelids, she tapped both fingers again.

"Oh my God!" Kenny was gasping.

"Doctor!" the three of them sped to the door.

"Sister, you'll have to wait o! This woman's condition is getting worse o" an elderly nurse told Cassandra who was in a hurry to leave the hospital.

"hmm" Cassandra rolled her eyes, who cares?

"the labour is becoming a prolonged one, she's very weak. We might consider 'operation' o" the nurse continued.

"Okay, thanks." Cassandra made to leave.

"You're living just like that?"

"Am I the one who impregnated her? Whats my own there? Ehn? See leave me alone, else I'll unleash my frustration on you o!" Cassandra replied angrily.

"That witch is responsible for what happened to my sister, she...she...made...now my Sister is..." Cassandra sobbed.

Wiping her tears, she stormed out of the hospital. She fought back tears, -just when her family was coming back to its normal stable state...

"God please..." she muttered.
"send me taxi..." she scanned the tarred road.

"Taxi!" she finally flagged one down.

She got in without a word.

"Sisi, where are you going to?" the driver moved the taxi back on the hot-tarred road.

"my fathers house!" she snapped.

"Your father house no get address ?"

"whats your problem now? Don't I know where i'm going? Move this can you call a car jor!" she retorted angrily.

"abeg o! No just put your own wahala for my head o," the taxi driver replied.

"see I don't wanna talk! Puuullease move this thing" she wiped a tear.

"your person no well abi?"

"what kind of raw trouble is this?" Cassandra hissed, she might be forced to strangle somebody.

The taxi driver miraculously kept quite, as he took directions from her.
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
Thanks alot sweet people, for reading and leaving your comments #so tired sorry for not listing names...xo weak#....I really appreciate. I love you all...muaahcheesy
Re: Despite All Odds by aprilwise(m): 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
Madam bukky u're a superb writer.
Re: Despite All Odds by adisa204(m): 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
God bless the hand that wrote this story...Sasha ma fara le ohhhh...
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
Lord I tank u for Sasha's life.Am so so relieved dat she is okay.Tanks Aunty Bukky.
Re: Despite All Odds by cutieeJ(f): 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
kisses and hugs to u...more knowledge to ur brain aunty bukky...nice story
Re: Despite All Odds by rhazur(m): 11:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
BukkyDan: Thanks alot sweet people, for reading and leaving your comments #so tired sorry for not listing names...xo weak#....I really appreciate. I love you all...muaahcheesy
Ehen....bukky afta u kept us waiting abi? Oti fe ma proud abi,u no won list our names ba?
Jst joking jare,how you dey?
Re: Despite All Odds by Melancholy(m): 1:10am On Sep 05, 2013
For real this gurl is a problem cos i can't understand her saying nobody loves her at a time of which her rudeness in that house results to plight of her sickness.Anyways,i still love u sasha and mommy and daddy loves u from the onset.
Re: Despite All Odds by Petraman(m): 7:56am On Sep 05, 2013
this story is getting too long,
bukkydan ma se bayi na,
come update before i start to break bottles over here
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 05, 2013
Melancholy: For real this gurl is a problem cos i can't understand her saying nobody loves her at a time of which her rudeness in that house results to plight of her sickness.Anyways,i still love u sasha and mommy and daddy loves u from the onset.
guy shey you understand dis story at all? #noharmintended# but you see the chains with her diary na, from, "mommy called me stupid" 2 "am not wearing my new clothe on christmas, nobody cards" to "nobody wished me happy birthday" to "i vomited, they know but still asked me 2 go 2 skul, mum sef no do anything" b4 getting 2 am no more playing all of dem except kenny, kemmy and dammywink
abeg free my wife for me jor.
Re: Despite All Odds by Melancholy(m): 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
Damex333: guy shey you understand dis story at all? #noharmintended# but you see the chains with her diary na, from, "mommy called me stupid" 2 "am not wearing my new clothe on christmas, nobody cards" to "nobody wished me happy birthday" to "i vomited, they know but still asked me 2 go 2 skul, mum sef no do anything" b4 getting 2 am no more playing all of dem except kenny, kemmy and dammywink
abeg free my wife for me jor.
guy this is a rich home nau,are u telling me her parents can just neglect their daughter just like that on those occasions she jotted?ur hindsight should tell u that sasha is such a nutty gurl from the begining of this story.And no one in that house ever complained about lacking parental care as she does.Damexx soji nau! "#noharmintended" which harshtag be that?after u don belittle my stands.lol
Re: Despite All Odds by adisa204(m): 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
Sasha this,sasha that ewo efi sasha sile ohhh.let her wake up from coma first,ill list all ur names to her.So you all should start preparing for a guest at your doorstep,mind you the guest has a DADA
Re: Despite All Odds by Pekkelly(f): 12:28am On Sep 06, 2013
Bukkydan, you are doing a great job. I love your writting style.

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by funnysaint(m): 5:20am On Sep 06, 2013
I loooovvvveeee this. bk my prayers are working. thanks for this. All Fingers In The Air For U
Re: Despite All Odds by 01emek(m): 5:36am On Sep 06, 2013
Long live sasha willians my.......! ;DLong live sasha willians my.......!
Re: Despite All Odds by ninja4life(m): 8:03am On Sep 06, 2013
Hehe sasha get well soon o
Re: Despite All Odds by Opeoluwah01(f): 9:26am On Sep 06, 2013
Yeee! Yippe! Sasha oh! Thank God! NEXT!
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 06, 2013
Melancholy: guy this is a rich home nau,are u telling me her parents can just neglect their daughter just like that on those occasions she jotted?ur hindsight should tell u that sasha is such a nutty gurl from the begining of this story.And no one in that house ever complained about lacking parental care as she does.Damexx soji nau! "#noharmintended" which harshtag be that?after u don belittle my stands.lol
you mean those things doesn't happen in a rich home, i will refer you to read frank3:16 short story named "the lost key" you will see wat i mean. Well wink you know, still #noharmintended# grin
Re: Despite All Odds by Ollyfad(f): 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
D part wia barbara read sashas diary nd wia kenny talkd 2 sasha rili gt me cryin.bukkydan u've gt a way of touchin me wit ur wryt ups.tnx alot nd tnk God sasha is kumin out of ha coma cnt wait 2 av ha bk
Re: Despite All Odds by chessyae: 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
Sasha, my sassy, pls come out of coma quickly cause we still have unfinished business
Re: Despite All Odds by Tovot: 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
Wow, Captivating! Update ASAP ooo!
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2013
Kemi stirred in her sleep, she just wouldn't wake up; the baby in her womb was busy throwing 'tantrums' -kicking and moving leisurely in its own world. She definitely won't give the stubborn baby the joy of giving her sleepless nights, slapping her abdomen softly she settled back to sleep. On a normal night, the child would stop moving, but this time around its momentum soared.

"stubborn thing." she hissed slapping her bulging tummy again.
"Honey?" she searched the bed with her hands.
"your baby is disturbing again o." she complained sleepily.

No reply. She stopped searching with her hands and sat up, her husband was no where around the room.
Where on earth is this man? - she mused getting off bed.

"Tunji!" she called out sharply putting on her bedroom slippers.

"Hey baby, whats up." Tunji walked into the room

"The ceiling! Where did you go to?"

"I was kinda hungry, so I went to the kitchen to grab a bite." Tunji explained.

"grabbing a bite? And the thing you put in my womb is bent on giving me sleepless nights." she continued to rant.

"awww...sorry..." he laughed keeping his phone on the dresser.

"when did you start taking your phone with you to the kitchen? Or it was grabbing a bite too?" Kemi asked with sarcasm.

"Nothing really." a shadow of guilt passed across his face.

Kemi stared at him doubtfully, her hand reached for his phone, but he took it from her.
"Tunji lemme have that phone."

"Its not yours."

"Tunji, I won't repeat myself."

"c'mon, what do you want my phone for?"
"see what you wanna see." he pushed the phone into her hands.

She scrolled through his text messages, then to his call log.

"well so? Did you happen to find anything?" Tunji teased.

"No.." Kemi started to smile but her smile was a shortlived one.

"Cassie? What are you discussing with Cassie by this time of the night?" she asked.
"You guys even talked for almost an hour?" she faced him squarely.

"Nothing really much, just chatting...you know its been long I saw my sister in-law." Tunji winked.

"But its still an ungodly time." Kemi stated-unsatisfied.

"Okay sorry...ema binu."

"which reminds me, its been long I spoke to Sasha, mum didn't mention her when we spoke this morning, did Cassie say anything about her?" Kemi asked walking back to bed.

"Yea, she's very fine. She's still savouring the Port." He smiled, though he knew it was far from the truth.

Kemi cackled "missing her, Can't wait to have her back here."

"Not after I give you some massage." Tunji grinned, pushing her gently to a lying position,his hands proceeded to work on her waist.

Kenny fixed his gaze on the sky from his hotel room; it was beautifully garnished with stars of different sizes, one was bigger than the rest- shining proudly as if to tell the others 'you aint my level'. He pressed his head against the window pane as soft breeze caressed his face- thinking about the events of the day before.

The doctor had said 'its just a reflex action.'

"Reflex action? Now c'mon doc, she tapped her fingers! You call that reflex?" he had cried with unbelief.

"my boy, its reflex okay?" Doctor Krishna patted his head before proceeding to refix some tubes on Sasha.

Kenny sighed heavily, shifting from one feet to the other; he was filled with joy and great expectation, but the doctor soiled it all with the word 'reflex'.
He tapped his own fingers on the window panes.
"Now this aint reflex, I did it intentionally." he mused to himself.

A car zoomed past, catching his attention, some cars too were moving on the tarred road.

"oh my! Don't tell me its day break." he turned to the wall clock.
"my my!" he exclaimed when he saw the wall clock read 4:30am.

"I didn't sleep today again." he hissed, returning his gaze to the sky. The smaller stars had disappeared, only the large one was still blinking dimly.

"Come-in." he muttered as he heard a soft knock on the door.

"Ken, you aren't ready yet?" Jide strolled into the room.
Kenny rolled his eyes.

"Ken, we've got a flight to catch by 5:30, we've got to see Sasha before leaving."

"Daddy, I don't wanna go back home without Sasha, lemme stay till she's fine, please." Kenny tried again, he'd been pleading with his father not to take him back to Nigeria all in vain.

"Kenny! Get ready now."

"But dad..."

"Kenny!"

"Okay then." Kenny frowned pulling himself from the window.

"I wish I have my own money, I won't have you bossing me around cos you paid for my ticket and lodge." Kenny grumbled to the bathroom.

Jide shook his head, he wasn't happy leaving too, but work demands, there are issues he needed to help Williams settle at his company. No choice at all.
Re: Despite All Odds by Luckygurl(f): 1:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
Abeg bukky come back here ooo!! which kain wahala be this.
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
Tnx alot everybody, luv ya loadz, and God bless ya'all, I rilly appreciate you@ April, Nazzy, Melancholy, Adisa#amen#, rhazur #haba nw, mo humble o#, petraman# lol, ema binu#, Damex# wife ke? She's stubborn o#, pekkelly, funny, 01emek; ninja, ope, Ollyfad #where av u been?#, chessy, tovot, Lucky girl.....
Mi love ya'all tnxcheesy
Re: Despite All Odds by babyzai(f): 2:34pm On Sep 07, 2013
Kai see dis babe! After almost thirty years of fasting u cme give us dis tinshini water,u hard o. Anyway thanks,welldone nd Godbless
Re: Despite All Odds by Michelle55: 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bukky, u beta cum back here oh grin, i am not satisfied with this little food u gave me here oh grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Despite All Odds by rapcy(m): 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
Abeeeeeeeeeeggggggggg continue... Nice wrk:-!
Re: Despite All Odds by adisa204(m): 10:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
Nice one,they should not let Aunty kemi know ohhh,so it won't affect her and the baby.Good work aunty Bukky.And I am wishing Aunt kemi safe delivery in advance,guessing her delivery time is close by.Sasha we are all waiting for you ohhh.And this time we don't want REFLEX action ohhh.
Re: Despite All Odds by shugarry(f): 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
I want more cry
Re: Despite All Odds by Petraman(m): 8:00am On Sep 08, 2013
i'm getting tried of this long wait. i can't just imagine what will happen to my sweetie 'Sasha'. pls she must not die cos she is my only hope. well done Sis. Bukky, nice story. pls can i get d contact of Sasha, i wish to talk to her 'personally'

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply)

TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.