Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Despite All Odds - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Despite All Odds (127598 Views)

Despite All Odds - (An Interesting Story) / AGAINST ALL ODDS By Akpem Terese Shadrach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite All Odds by Melancholy(m): 10:27am On Sep 08, 2013
Tunji, my name sake we ain't casanova,why this?...BUKKYDAN MORE UPDATE ABEGII!
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 08, 2013
Petraman: i'm getting tried of this long wait. i can't just imagine what will happen to my sweetie 'Sasha'. pls she must not die cos she is my only hope. well done Sis. Bukky, nice story. pls can i get d contact of Sasha, i wish to talk to her 'personally'
wetin dey do all this people sef? Wetin you wan use my only wife's contact do? Abeg no let me catch you o.
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
" ...Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; ..." Barbra fought back tears as she read her Bible aloud. If only God would look at her trouble and save her and her family.
Kneeling by her bed side, she prayed silently. All she needed from God was forgiveness, if He could forgive her then she was sure her daughter would live.

"...thank you Father, thank you Jesus, and thank you Holy spirit. I believe my prayers are answered. Amen." she sniffed wiping her tears.

Her heart raced as she heard her phone ring, who could it be? Maybe her husband called to tell her Sasha's 'gone'. God forbid- She muttered picking up her phone.
The caller Id only increased her heart beat, Kemi? She mused. Did Tunji make the mistake of telling her about Sasha.

"Hello? Kemi?" she cleared her throat.

"Mummy, ekasan." Kemi greeted.

"Bawo? How's my grandchild?"

"I'm fine, your grandchild is kicking." Kemi cackled.

"That's good."

"your voice is so low, what's wrong?" Kemi noticed

"Nothing at all, I was praying when you called." Barbra cleared her throat once more.

"Okay o, hope its not Sasha o, how is she ma sef? Naughty girl." Kemi laughed.

"Oh Sasha? She's very very fine." Barbra said quickly.

"This one you're saying 'very fine', I just hope she aint dishing out trouble ehn? Meanwhile how's Joyce?"

"Joyce?" Barbra echoed.
"She might undergo a C-section this evening, she've been into labour for days and you know what that means."

"Hmm, what has dad got to say?"

"Your father travelled nao" Barbra replied giving herself away.

"to where?"

"Er...just some business trip...you know." Barbra stammered.

"Okay, mummy its like I'm gonna have twins o, the doctor said so. Mum you won't believe it, Tunji jokingly named them Sasha and Kenny if its a boy and a girl or Sasha and Kemi if they're both girls o. That shows the battalion of troublesome grandkids you should be expecting o." Kemi rattled on.

Barbra felt a lump rise in her throat at the mention of Sasha.

"Mum, are you there?"

"Kemi can we talk later, please, I promise to call you back." Barbra manage to say, ending the call she let the sob escape her throat.

Williams trembled like a dried leaf blown by the harmattan wind, as some nurses wheeled Sasha past him in a stretcher; he was having breakfast at the hotel when he received the call that something went wrong with his daughter, and here he was shaking as his lifeless daughter was wheeled into a room.

"Dr Krishna!" he called out, as he saw Sasha's doctor among a team of doctors hurrying after the nurses.

"Mr Williams, thank God you're here." the doctor wore a grim look .

"I hope all is well?" Williams quivered.

"The oxygen tank fell out of place,.. Her heart's at the point of not pumping out blood atall when the nurses got there this morning, there wasn't enough oxgen in her system...as you can see Mr. Williams...I'm not sure." Doctor Krishna summarized folding up his lab coat.

"so?"

"There are no chances at all, Mr. Williams I would suggest you let go."

"What?!" Williams cried

"we would still try our best." the doctor hurried on.

Williams slumped into the waiting chair beside him, he was too exhausted to speak- all his energy drained by the news.
Why should he go through all that? He'd promised his wife that he'd go back to Nigeria with Sasha- alive, now the news is trying to be different.
This wasn't the kind of life he planned, living a life to bury your own children? Was God punishing him for cheating on his wife and impregnating another woman?
If God wanted to punish him, his kids shouldn't partake in it, they're not present when he went so low to commit adultery.

Sasha was a special kid, different from all her siblings. The only child who would never ask for anything from you, except you give her yourself. The child that started to act independent before she clocked ten...

"Mr Williams please?" A nurse stood before him, peering at a paper she was holding.

"yes?" his voice was just a mere whisper.

"could you please come with me, there are some papers you need to sign, thank you."

"Okay," Williams struggled to his feet, his stomach tied in a knot. Papers? He mused, he prayed its just ordinary papers.
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
Lol @ babyzai and michelle,

tnx rapcy and adisa,

lol, you have more@ shugarry.

@ Petraman, habatically, don't let Damex catch you.

@Melancholy I see ya.

Lol at Damex.

Thanks alot, I luv ya all, meanwhile...HAPPY SUNDAY.
Re: Despite All Odds by adisa204(m): 2:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
Happy sunday Aunty mi(bukky).I could not believe myself when I started praying for sasha in church today.Nothing must sha happen to her ohh.More ba3 to your gadgets
Re: Despite All Odds by shugarry(f): 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
Please don't let sasha die. Please cry
Re: Despite All Odds by FameG(f): 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2013
*activating out of ghost mode*
if sasha die ehn, i go unfollow immediately. u beta dont try me. let there b a miracle o abeg.
Re: Despite All Odds by Laxy009(m): 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nice write up. Sasha must nt die lyk dat o. More into to ur pen.
Re: Despite All Odds by Emerald94(f): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
sassy locks plssssssssssssssssss dnt die...aunty EMERALD is praying for u
Re: Despite All Odds by lirusehn(m): 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2013
I cant jez wait 2 read her dead @Sassy

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
lirusehn: I cant jez wait 2 read her dead @Sassy
i just can't wait to see you banned till year 2099

5 Likes

Re: Despite All Odds by Jumizie13(f): 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sash must not die o
Re: Despite All Odds by Odunmi03: 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sasha must not die ooo, cos I fell in love wit her since d begin of dis story...iku ko si loju sasha omo williams.
Re: Despite All Odds by aweonline(m): 12:51am On Sep 09, 2013
ur story is captivating nd interesting ...I so love it
Re: Despite All Odds by Opeoluwah01(f): 6:00am On Sep 09, 2013
embarassedha! Sasha y?
Re: Despite All Odds by Petraman(m): 8:43am On Sep 09, 2013
Damex333: wetin dey do all this people sef? Wetin you wan use my only wife's contact do? Abeg no let me catch you o.
se d girl wey i don pay her dowry since. i beg don't let me fight u o over this lady. so gboooo...
Re: Despite All Odds by funnysaint(m): 9:41am On Sep 09, 2013
O LORD, please save her.
Bk, well done for this write up. but Let me warn u that she must not die, instead let joyce die. or else i go . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 09, 2013
Petraman:
se d girl wey i don pay her dowry since. i beg don't let me fight u o over this lady. so gboooo...
ha, shey you no see say na part tense bukky dey take write the story, we don pass this stage before the story start sef me and sasha don dey our honeymoon.
Btw, who you pay dowry to? Them don dupe you o, beta go collect ur dowry money back. Cos sasha don get belle for me o. tongue

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by aprilwise(m): 11:43am On Sep 09, 2013
Despite all odds sasha made it. If sasha die d story will come to an end.

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by shugarry(f): 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
cryWhy would sasha die so that aunty kemi baby could bear her name? Sasha must not die please please
Re: Despite All Odds by Petraman(m): 6:17pm On Sep 09, 2013
@ Damex333. Do U remember John in this story? U remember se na him give Joyce d belle wey Williams dey take care? So likewise is Sasha's pregnancy is mine, i'll just leave for u to take of it for me.
Re: Despite All Odds by ceira(f): 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pls am so enjoyin ur story n av bin waitin 4 ur update 4 days nw.....pls update nw.....continue pls
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2013
Petraman: @ Damex333. Do U remember John in this story? U remember se na him give Joyce d belle wey Williams dey take care? So likewise is Sasha's pregnancy is mine, i'll just leave for u to take of it for me.
unlike williams, the preg is mine, for where you see sasha sef? Which country?
Re: Despite All Odds by Petraman(m): 6:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
Damex333: unlike williams, the preg is mine, for where you see sasha sef? Which country?
I'm presently with her in china where she is receiving treatment. i'm sitting near her bed to make sure she doesn't die.
Re: Despite All Odds by Dusha94(f): 7:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
C'mon sasha!!...u cn do this,fight it girl!!!....dnt give up!!!!
Re: Despite All Odds by Melancholy(m): 8:31pm On Sep 09, 2013
Make sasha die jor! I go now see wetin damexx and company go do.Lol BUKKYDAN DON'T DISAPPOINT ME OO

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by adisa204(m): 12:14am On Sep 10, 2013
Ahan make una pray 4 sasha ohhhh.wey my turari isegun calling on al the malaikas to intervene n situation
Re: Despite All Odds by lirusehn(m): 9:22am On Sep 10, 2013
Damex333: i just can't wait to see you banned till year 2099
ban!! Untop wetin? A crime 2 comment or wot? Diazz room for comment(s) regardlez of wot it entailz. Anyway!! D mod can ban me for all i care.den no dey pay me for nairaland

Re: Despite All Odds by Ollyfad(f): 12:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
Bukky! Bukky!! Bukky!!! Ow many tyms i cal u? Sasha mst nt die o!!! My sasha no b wetin u fit joke wit o
Re: Despite All Odds by Rajosh(m): 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2013
God please don't let Sasha die. how will I survive the death of my Sasha?
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2013
@bukkydan, i have been following your stories like twitter. One thing i love about your stories is ur diction.
Proudly Reppin #TeamSashaMustNotDie. Don't disappoint us, oh.
Re: Despite All Odds by patholaw: 10:23am On Sep 11, 2013
shugarry: I want more cry
oliver twist tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply)

TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.