Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (26451 Views)

China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students / Muslim Students Reject Hijab Ban In Lagos Public Schools / Muslim Students`society Of Nigeria Presents Mini -ivc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
ola_pluto: First pix...a typical secondary school in UK...
Second pix: a Jewish kid in primary school
Then read this interesting article: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/common-sense-and-respect-for-children-in-hijabs-please-8437433.html

Nice of you to post those pictures of the UK students.. First of all, did you notice any Uniformity in their outfits?! Did you also notice that the girl standing next to the Muslims student in the Hijab was also wearing a head band?! Did you also notice the variance in colours of their shirts?!! What that should say to you is that they dont have a strict dresscode in terms of uniforms in the UK.

Secondly: THAT IS THE U.K, THIS IS NIGERIA!!!! When you are in Nigeria, Respect our laws!

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
ola_pluto: So how UNIFORM is our UNIFORM in Nigeria? can you trully line 10 students up and see any uniformity in their so called 'uniform'?? In the later stages of my secondary school, the gals went for sexy skirts. They turned school 'uniform' to sexy, tight skirts pouting everything poutable. They were given school official 'beret' (a religious cap for christians), but they mostly wore bandana or scarfs. Wearing ijab is part of being Uniform! Uniformity in colour and style can be achieved by introducing an option of ijab of the school uniform colour for muslim students. Its very simple, but we know those who will oppose it.

Were they not punished for changing their school skirts from A Line to tight skirts? Were they not punished for wearking skirts above their knee lengths? The beret is just a covering for the head ike a cap and that doesn't in any way attribute to a particular religion and please stop pushing what is not because you want to make a point.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
tbaba1234:

Untrue, this is a state school. A state school can not do something that goes against the constitution of the country.

I think we're saying the same thing.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by creativemusic: 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by adexsimply(m): 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
abdulkayus:

hey, if u hate Islam dat so much, go hug BH boss. U need to start thinkin straight. Despite d education many of u still claim to get, is still doesnt reflect in ur life. I xpect some1 who claim to be educative to be sensible is discussin issue, bt nay, many of u hav been program to hate a certain religion. Sorry for u
u are really EDUCATED bro...
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by abdulkayus(m): 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
Eneze1:

what rights, you can make your points without calling people names

i hav to cos dat wat dey are.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by tbaba1234: 4:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

Nice of you to post those pictures of the UK students.. First of all, did you notice any Uniformity in their outfits?! Did you also notice that the girl standing next to the Muslims student in the Hijab was also wearing a head band?! Did you also notice the variance in colours of their shirts?!! What that should say to you is that they dont have a strict dresscode in terms of uniforms in the UK.

Secondly: THAT IS THE U.K, THIS IS NIGERIA!!!! When you are in Nigeria, Respect our laws!

But the laws allow for hijab wearing in state schools, so what are you talking about

1 Like

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by olapluto(m): 4:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
It may be allowed in some schools in the UK but it's not allowed in secular schools in Nigeria. There are schools in Nigeria that accept it and are mostly Islamic schools.
Unfortunately Nigeria is still backward in terms of relating to other people's religion. UK is officially a Christian country, yet it recognises the rights of Muslims in its schools. Nigerian christians have been antagonists on this aspect of religious tolerance for a long time. The principals acted out of order, and against the constitution of Nigeria.
ps: I will not reply those who say there are no uniforms worn in UK. Google and find out for yourself. School uniform is for identity of the student TO the school, not for identity of the student as a person. Intelligent administrators respect every student identity and allow for these in the school uniform. Jewish students wear their religious caps to schools in UK too. That is tolerance, not flogging an innocent girl 46 times for wearing ijab.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by farem: 4:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
THERE ONES DO NOT HAVE JOBS TO DO! WHAT DO THEY EXPECT THOSE PRINCIPALS TO HAVE DONE IN THIS STRANGE SITUATION? THERE IS A CONVENTIONAL DRESS (UNIFORM) IN PLACE, LONG AGO EVEN BEFORE THEIR PARENTS WERE BORN? CAN A POLICE WOMAN TURN UP AT WORK COVERED WITH HIJAB? OR CAN ONE OF THE MUSLIM SOLDIERS IN MALI COVER HIS HEAD WITH ISLAM HEAD GEAR? You can just wake up one day to break long-standing rule. Processes must be followed. This is a lawful society,no anachy!
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Melahou(m): 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
please can i wear my choir uniform 2 school?
or even my regalia

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
ola_pluto: The principals involved acted beyond their jurisdiction. This issue of ijab in schools is a crisis waiting to happen if our authorities do not nip it in the bud. Even in UK, primary school children wear ijabs to schools in public schools. I was at Stratford early this month and opportuned to see a primary school playing ground at lunchtime. I was very impressed with how everyone got along well, with the young gals in ijab playing and doing well.
The pupils do not have any issues with their mate wearing ijab. It is only the overzealous principals and teachers who try to enforce their religion.
Having said that, I think however, that our MSSN could have approached this in a more effective and legal way. They do not need 200 pupils shouting 'Allah Akbar'.. All they need is 2 brothers and 2 sisters who know their worth. There's a tactic to approach every problem
Show us videos and pictures don't just come here and give us some falacious lies...
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
ola_pluto: First pix...a typical secondary school in UK...
Second pix: a Jewish kid in primary school
Then read this interesting article: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/common-sense-and-respect-for-children-in-hijabs-please-8437433.html

You just shot yourself in the leg. In the first one, those girls attend a public school and are not putting on a uniform thus, they can wear whatever they want and the second one is a private jewish school and that is why they have a uniform on.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
adexsimply: u are really EDUCATED bro...

I dont think so!!

He is a casualty of Boko Harams Mantra ..

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by abdulkayus(m): 4:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
i think wat d muslims in Lagos shld do is to meet some high connected lagosians muslims dat can help channel their complain and find solution to dis issue once and for all. Bt for God sake, wat are dos muslims in Fashola cabinet doin abt dis issue? Will dey keep quiet while d right of d muslims is being trample on.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 4:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
tbaba1234:

But the laws allow for hijab wearing in state schools, so what are you talking about

Where is it in the Constitution or even Lagos State laws sir?!
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 4:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
ola_pluto:
Unfortunately Nigeria is still backward in terms of relating to other people's religion. UK is officially a Christian country, yet it recognises the rights of Muslims in its schools. Nigerian christians have been antagonists on this aspect of religious tolerance for a long time. The principals acted out of order, and against the constitution of Nigeria.
ps: I will not reply those who say there are no uniforms worn in UK. Google and find out for yourself. School uniform is for identity of the student TO the school, not for identity of the student as a person. Intelligent administrators respect every student identity and allow for these in the school uniform. Jewish students wear their religious caps to schools in UK too. That is tolerance, not flogging an innocent girl 46 times for wearing ijab.
Backwardness has very little to do with it. It's allowed in the UK but not in some other dveeloped countries. Even Kosovo that's a majority Muslim eastern European country recently banned the wearing of Hijab how much more Nigeria that's a multi-religious country. One thing i want to know is if these people wear Hijab wherever they go to. is it so difficult to sacrifice the hijab during school hours?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by dederocs(m): 4:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
alaoeri:
For your mind u are making sense abi or those any person stop xtians from protesting the murder of their profs. Its only government that can ban hijab in its institutions not some silly principals & govt can't even try such.
u muslims are deluded,look at the world today-who really owns the power?
the world just tolerates your bickerings and when you cross the line,armageddon will befall you and your wives and children,stop talking about your religion like y'al are a bunch of touts or mobs acting in a crazy frenzy...is that what you are being a muslim for-to fight and throw bombs?
what if America and Isreal and other European Nations decide to anihilate Iran and other extremists muslim states,they can if they want to,but as reasonable civilized people we show restraints,and focus our energy on things that develop the world.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by hotwax: 4:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
Cerubim and Ceraphim/Cele should also protest to allow them where their caps to school.

Let everybody go school with religion identity and lets see who is gonna be tired.

To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

Whats the meaning of this?

I thought you said this is a social networking site. Ban me now! This your forum is turning into other things. And you are comparing yourself with facebook.

Is this how facebook started?

African business always get k-leg, thats why Africans are behind.

Let me lecture you.

If I insult islam. Its not a libel case against anybody. islam is not a name of a man. If insult Jesus christ, let him sue me.

And stop being timid in handling social media, else people will move.

If you think nairaland is for muslims,then inform us so we look for another social site.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by abdulkayus(m): 4:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

I dont think so!!

He is a casualty of Boko Harams Mantra ..

eyya, sorry eh, i always thought u are some1 who is intelligent nt knowin dat u are somthing else. Hmmmmm . Orisisi.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by olapluto(m): 4:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
farem: THERE ONES DO NOT HAVE JOBS TO DO! WHAT DO THEY EXPECT THOSE PRINCIPALS TO HAVE DONE IN THIS STRANGE SITUATION? THERE IS A CONVENTIONAL DRESS (UNIFORM) IN PLACE, LONG AGO EVEN BEFORE THEIR PARENTS WERE BORN? CAN A POLICE WOMAN TURN UP AT WORK COVERED WITH HIJAB? OR CAN ONE OF THE MUSLIM SOLDIERS IN MALI COVER HIS HEAD WITH ISLAM HEAD GEAR? You can just wake up one day to break long-standing rule. Processes must be followed. This is a lawful society,no anachy!
farem: THERE ONES DO NOT HAVE JOBS TO DO! WHAT DO THEY EXPECT THOSE PRINCIPALS TO HAVE DONE IN THIS STRANGE SITUATION? THERE IS A CONVENTIONAL DRESS (UNIFORM) IN PLACE, LONG AGO EVEN BEFORE THEIR PARENTS WERE BORN? CAN A POLICE WOMAN TURN UP AT WORK COVERED WITH HIJAB? OR CAN ONE OF THE MUSLIM SOLDIERS IN MALI COVER HIS HEAD WITH ISLAM HEAD GEAR? You can just wake up one day to break long-standing rule. Processes must be followed. This is a lawful society,no anachy!

Yes and Yes. Ideally that is how a sensible society should live. Women police officers in Nigeria who decide to wear Ijab should and would be allowed to wear them. Again, Muslim women police officers in UK wear ijab! fact
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by naptu2: 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
Let's take a look at the laws (hope the anti-spam bot doesn't ban me).
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
abdulkayus:

eyya, sorry eh, i always thought u are some1 who is intelligent nt knowin dat u are somthing else. Hmmmmm . Orisisi.

You sound like an Almajiri school dropout.

You cant even make a simple correct sentence, yet you are talking about intelligence..

Now I have gone beyond pitying you to acutally weeping for you.. May Allah have mercy on your pitiful soul.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by abdulkayus(m): 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
Backwardness has very little to do with it. It's allowed in the UK but not in some other dveeloped countries. Even Kosovo that's a majority Muslim eastern European country recently banned the wearing of Hijab how much more Nigeria that's a multi-religious country. One thing i want to know is if these people wear Hijab wherever they go to. is it so difficult to sacrifice the hijab during school hours?

no, its a religion obligation on every female muslims to wear hijab. Gettit?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by adexsimply(m): 4:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
ola_pluto: [/b]

Yes and Yes. Ideally that is how a sensible society should live. Women police officers in Nigeria who decide to wear Ijab should and would be allowed to wear them. Again, Muslim women police officers in UK wear ijab! fact
[b]back it with videos or images
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by dederocs(m): 4:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
abdulkayus: i think wat d muslims in Lagos shld do is to meet some high connected lagosians muslims dat can help channel their complain and find solution to dis issue once and for all. Bt for God sake, wat are dos muslims in Fashola cabinet doin abt dis issue? Will dey keep quiet while d right of d muslims is being trample on.
They are educated people,not blinded by religion,they know the laws of the land,and Nigeria will remain a circular Nation till the world caves in-Muslims can fight,riot and kill as much as they like-when its time for revenge we will exact it in full.religion is just one aspect of our three dimensional life-i pity people like you that gets brainwashed and used by an illiterate cleric...education is useful to those that seek it.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by shamson: 4:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
darenxy732: day should go and seat down joor. Lagos we not behave like some extremist in osun state.

Monkey they comment ooooo
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by soneyemyahoo: 4:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
abdukayus u dont have to say that since is called gov school not muslim school so they ve to comply with the rules and regulation of the school.who want to go to gov sch should go and want to go to islamic school should go no be by force now.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by olapluto(m): 4:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
The difference between Nigeria and UK is rational thinking and respect of human rights. All these arguments against ijab can be summarised as wanting to oppress the Muslim lady, who feels as though she's nude without wearing ijab. If you do not know, that is how she feels.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 4:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
naptu2: Let's take a look at the laws (hope the anti-spam bot doesn't ban me).

please sir!

I will really love to learn what the Law has to say on this matter.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by abdulkayus(m): 4:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

You sound like an Almajiri school dropout.

You cant even make a simple correct sentence, yet you are talking about intelligence..

Now I have gone beyond pitying you to acutally weeping for you.. May Allah have mercy on your pitiful soul.

hehehehe, i jus struck a nerve. Sorry heh. U will jus die of hatred for notin.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by victorazy(m): 4:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
ola_pluto: The principals involved acted beyond their jurisdiction. This issue of ijab in schools is a crisis waiting to happen if our authorities do not nip it in the bud. Even in UK, primary school children wear ijabs to schools in public schools. I was at Stratford early this month and opportuned to see a primary school playing ground at lunchtime. I was very impressed with how everyone got along well, with the young gals in ijab playing and doing well.
The pupils do not have any issues with their mate wearing ijab. It is only the overzealous principals and teachers who try to enforce their religion.
Having said that, I think however, that our MSSN could have approached this in a more effective and legal way. They do not need 200 pupils shouting 'Allah Akbar'.. All they need is 2 brothers and 2 sisters who know their worth. There's a tactic to approach every problem

What stupid points are u making? Who told you wearing Ijab to school is sin? The problem is that IT MAY NOT BE THEIR DRESS-CODE! Am sure u know what "Dress Code" is? I know how many caps I lost during my Secondary school, is an offence until is put in consideration (u no see last olympic how dey consider it before they ar allowed?) Buff!!!.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by shamson: 4:37pm On Feb 28, 2013
darenxy732: day should go and seat down joor. Lagos we not behave like some extremist in osun state.

Monkey they comment ooooo grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

10 Popular Investments Muslims Should Avoid / What Religion Did The People Of Arabia Practise Before Islam? / Giant Dome Collapses At Indonesian Mosque Due To Fire Outbreak (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.