Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,520 members, 7,954,971 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:26 PM

Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (26466 Views)

China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students / Muslim Students Reject Hijab Ban In Lagos Public Schools / Muslim Students`society Of Nigeria Presents Mini -ivc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Chynx(m): 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
tbaba1234:

i. I am not your dear...

ii. You have lived with muslims in Lagos for many years, including those wearing the Hijab.. How many people have been forced/intimidated into Islam?

iii. How many people can afford private schools? The public school is for everyone not just for you..., If you do not like it, you can go to a private school that would restrict people's rights. You guys accuse muslims of intolerance but the kinds of things you utter reeks of it. I sincerely hope that people start removing the log in their eyes first according to their book.

iv. You can do a proper research on the history of muslim states and christian ruled states and tell me your results. Only one carried out crusades and inquisitions.

1. "My dear" does'nt mean u are dear to me, it is simply a subtle way of drawing ur attention to something u are obviously ignorant of.

2. I dont have that time to waste on reseach about a religion that unleashes violence at every slight misunderstanding in the name of jihad. I am sure u are not ignorant of that too.

3. Sorry, I have never lived with muslims and never will. MUST WE ATTEND THE SAME SCHOOLS

4. We dont operate on the same frequency in EVERYHING. This is very simple and glaring!
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by tbaba1234: 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2013
^
i. You are yet to show me something i am ignorant of, you just exposed your hate.

i. Of course, research is a 'waste' ... I wonder who is ignorant then...

ii. Maybe you need to live with muslims because you obviously have no clue who they are...

iii. You don't have to attend the same school, you can move to private institutions..

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Chynx(m): 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2013
NO LONG TIN:

This means nothing to me, i dont feel threatened at all, i will say whatever i like.
i've never been banned, but i hear people get banned, then open another account. I won't, i promise!!!
The day i get banned will be the day i leave this forum, it will be Niaraland -1

P.S. I vist Nairaland to read News article, i could also download apps or bookmark online News Sites

MY Advise to Islamist, if you don't want to read/see articles/comments offensive to Islam, STAY OFF THE INTERNET

Your Daily visitor,
Nlander tired of seeing that red banner

Spot-on! Afterall, the internet is of western origin!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by youi: 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2013
The principals involved acted beyond their jurisdiction. This issue of ijab in schools is a crisis waiting to happen if our authorities do not nip it in the bud. Even in UK, primary school children wear ijabs to schools in public schools. I was at Stratford early this month and opportuned to see a primary school playing ground at lunchtime. I was very impressed with how everyone got along well, with the young gals in ijab playing and doing well.
The pupils do not have any issues with their mate wearing ijab. It is only the overzealous principals and teachers who try to enforce their religion.
Having said that, I think however, that our MSSN could have approached this in a more effective and legal way. They do not need 200 pupils shouting 'Allah Akbar'.. All they need is 2 brothers and 2 sisters who know their worth. There's a tactic to approach every problem[quote][/quote]

Thank God u cited UK as an example of a country dat allows ijabs to schools in public schools.Even though they a xtian state,d same can’t b said of Islamic state.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Chynx(m): 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2013
tbaba1234: ^
i Of course, research is a 'waste' ... I wonder who is ignorant...

ii. Maybe you need to live with muslims because you obviously have no clue who they are...

iii. You don't have to attend the same school, you can move to private institutions..

I just realsed that I have unproductively wasted 2hrs of my precious Thursday on rubbish! Time to go have some beer!
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by ckkris: 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2013
kunxle: MAY ALLAH STRENTHEN YOU IMAN AND HIKMAH. THIS IS JIHAD IN THE RIGHT CAUSE.

jihad? in Lagos?
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 28, 2013
[quote author=roxell120]
i hope it also applies to gumming of their private part before mariage.we can only decieve man not God. i taught in a secondary school where muslim girls must cover themselves totally with flowing gowns in kaduna during my service year. if i tell u what these girls can do,ull shiver. all these things are hypocritical in every angle.thats y i said u cant fool God.[/quotequote
you guys are funny.. We all know about sexual scandals that's facing the Catholic Church and most especially homosexual scandals.. So when some people like you make some comments, I just laugh!... Those one you talked about are ill trained... I heard of some choir members that can do some stupid things too and those ones too are ill trained...
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
i was never a catholic, and am not planning to be but I went to a strict catholic missionary school if u know one of the schools ran by the marist brothers, since am a student there and to avoid being d odd man out and also to abide to the school rules and regulations, I prayed my chaplets, i held to my prayer books very tight, i had one of the best and expensive chaplets den dat was 350 naira but did it make me a catholic. Religion shouldn't be an element to disobey. Itz very simple, if u can't abide to it, find anoda school.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 28, 2013
Living in bondage .. You called it peace ? Well, for your information muslim people...
God has plan to destroy you people very soon. I mean soon. Always creating problems and using some laws to back it. The Saudi you copy take things cool, islam started there. Imagine, secondary school students' asking government to sack someone old to be their grandmother at home.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by InHim4Him(m): 7:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
LAGOS! LAGOS!! LAGOS!!! How many times did I call you? This ALIBI IS WELL THOUGHT OUT! Ask people in Jos and other parts of the north.
BTW, why come the muslims are the only ones who have rights? Non-muslims have to change their names to get into public schools in the north, yet the constitution is not invoked. Christian churches are refused ROFs and CFOs yet, it is supposed to be ONE NIGERIA! Rebellion against constituted authorities under religious guises of discrimination. LAGOS is not Kano or Maiduguri! I hope the state government can handle what is in the offing? A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 7:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
abdulkayus:

cos Lagos state made d public school for only stains abi? U ppl are nt intelligent at all. Wat are d problems are dey tryin to cause by protestin to demand for their right. U are an hypocrite indeed.

Your case cannot be worse than it is now since you think you are the only intelligent person on here.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Coldfeet(f): 7:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
undecided Nairaland? ***pinching my nose*** this thread OOZE and I can't stand the stench anymore!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by naptu2: 7:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
A school regulation cannot supersede the constitution of Nigeria.

The constitution says:

1. (1) This Constitution is supreme and its provisions shall have binding force on the authorities and persons throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(2) The Federal Republic of Nigeria shall not be governed, nor shall any persons or group of persons take control of the Government of Nigeria or any part thereof, except in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution.

(3) If any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this Constitution, this Constitution shall prevail, and that other law shall, to the extent of the inconsistency, be void.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2013
@ abdulkayus....... You are mumuret .

Please go and brush your mouth, time to smell some dirty ass

If the government allow that dirty smelling thing in school, christians should also dress the way they like, at least , we will know the school has nothing called uniform.

Fashola na Christian, he only converted to get muslim votes.

If you watched the thanksgiving service, you will see that he was touched and remorseful for converting. Fashola wife is a very strong christian woman.

Hijab or Arab in Lagos, na lie from Ikpakodo son..
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by TriggerHappy: 7:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
What kind of thug asss religion is diz.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by naptu2: 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
On the question of whether people of other religions can wear their religious attires to school, I say why not? If your religion obliges you to wear a particular attire and it does not harm others neither is it against natural justice, you can wear it. If anybody prevents you from wearing it, take the person to court!

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by tbaba1234: 7:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
Thank you Naptu!!
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by OCcool: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
chrisxxx: Can white garment, red or others as some Christians denominations attire be worn to schools? Western education is not a religious institution. It does not in any way favour Christianity neither is it an arabic or Islamic entity. My take is that if you must wear hijab to school, Islamic schools abound in town look for one an attend. Public schools are secular in nature especially in secular southern Nigeria.
gbam!!! U re so on point!
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
naptu2: On the question of whether people of other religions can wear their religious attires to school, I say why not? If your religion obliges you to wear a particular attire and it does not harm others neither is it against natural justice, you can wear it. If anybody prevents you from wearing it, take the person to court!
how are u sure itz not harming others, how many times do they wash dat thing in a week?
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by OCcool: 8:14pm On Feb 28, 2013
abdulkayus: d muslims girls hav d right to wear their hijabs anywhere dey are. So u ppl xpect dem to be openin their heads like u ppl abi.
Hypocrites.
Shut ur mouth d hell up!
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
don't public schools have rules and regulations? And is wearing hijab in nigerian constitution or sharia constitution? This is nigeria and not some arabic country like afganistan.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by jadakiss213(m): 8:19pm On Feb 28, 2013
naptu2: On the question of whether people of other religions can wear their religious attires to school, I say why not? If your religion obliges you to wear a particular attire and it does not harm others neither is it against natural justice, you can wear it. If anybody prevents you from wearing it, take the person to court!
dude,u rightly mentioned in ur earlier post that the constitution supercedes any law or regulation.but may i remind u that no right is ABSOLUTE..
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by naptu2: 8:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
jadakiss213: dude,u rightly mentioned in ur earlier post that the constitution supercedes any law or regulation.but may i remind u that no right is ABSOLUTE..

The High Court of Lagos State has affirmed their right to wear hijab in school (see the case I previously cited).
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Saladin1: 8:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
buJu-234:
why is islam always in the news either 4 fight; war or protest. whyyy
[color=#000099][/color]
Yes because our identity as muslim is been denied. Hijab is not a fashion statement but a religious duty of female muslim. Christians in this country should learn to accept us for who we are rather than enforcing their values and dress code on us.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Adex4u4v(m): 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
i strongly oppose d punishment given to dat small gal,its too much,43 strokes of cane?haba dats inhuman,still i blame d gal for going against the rules and regulation of the school,uniform must always be d same,so why did she have to wear hijab to school,if she feels like wearing hijab, she can obtain form at any muslim school,but in a public school! Mba
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by tbaba1234: 8:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
Adex4u4v: i strongly oppose d punishment given to dat small gal,its too much,43 strokes of cane?haba dats inhuman,still i blame d gal for going against the rules and regulation of the school,uniform must always be d same,so why did she have to wear hijab to school,if she feels like wearing hijab, she can obtain form at any muslim school,but in a public school! Mba

There is no law prohibiting her from wearing her hijab in a public school
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
Saladin1: [color=#000099][/color]
Yes because our identity as muslim is been denied. Hijab is not a fashion statement but a religious duty of female muslim. Christians in this country should learn to accept us for who we are rather than enforcing their values and dress code on us.
sharrap you meant the identity of your Arab masters right?
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Are84(m): 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2013
Mr McJay: OK. Why did they not protest when some xtian profs were shot in UNIMAID?
If they want veils, there are now schools for almajiris, they should pick up the forms.

BTW, why is this on the frontpage?

@Mr McJay. U must be insane for ur comment. Try 2 visit a rehab facility.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Sike(m): 8:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: sharrap you meant the identity of your Arab masters right?
No, You Shuttup if you've got thrash to post.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by naptu2: 8:42pm On Feb 28, 2013
Movingcoil: how are u sure itz not harming others, how many times do they wash dat thing in a week?

smiley nice humour, but you can say the same about any piece of clothing, including school uniforms.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by kandiikane(m): 8:47pm On Feb 28, 2013
Okija_juju: I thought Boko Haram said western Education was bad: They should go to Almajiri schools where Hijab is allowed jor!! angry

As a Native doctor we have a dresscode, but I never carried my staff of office or cowry beads to schools.

Religion is not grounds for disobidience. Their is a separation between Religion and state. If you want to wear your religous paraphenelia to school, then go to a religous school.

This kind of thing should not be encouraged in public schools. This is also why I have been against Christian Prayers during assemblies and office meetings.

We Nigerians are very badly behaved, both Christians & Muslims alike.

Please, as a native doctor, I need your help. I want to find out who is behind all my badluck. No joking matter.
Re: Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos by Burger01(m): 8:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
Seun and Co, I suggest you don't put any religion shait on the front page. Whether a muslim was flogged for using hijab when and where not or a xtian was shot somewhere by incorrigible and expectant muslim terrorists.. It's doing our psyche no good having such nonsense on front page.. Just a suggestion..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

10 Popular Investments Muslims Should Avoid / What Religion Did The People Of Arabia Practise Before Islam? / Giant Dome Collapses At Indonesian Mosque Due To Fire Outbreak (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.