Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors (12419 Views)

The 30 Vehicles Donated To Army By Shettima (pics) / Oyo: Folarin, PDP Candidate Removes Transformer Donated To Community / Sophisticated Guns Captured From Boko Haram By Nigerian Soldiers [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by koruji(m): 3:04am On Mar 01, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-govs-donate-n200m-to-boko-haram-victims/
MARCH 1, 2013 BY JOHN ALECHENU, ABUJA LEAVE A COMMENT

Opposition governors in the All Progressives Congress on Thursday held their third meeting in Maiduguri, Borno State, where they donated N200m to victims of Boko Haram atrocities.

The governors also visited a popular market destroyed by members of the sect.

The meeting, which was attended by Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti), Tanko Al-Makura (Nasarwa), Rochas Okorocha (Imo), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), and deputy Governor of Yobe State, was to fine-tune strategies for a national campaign.

Our correspondent gathered, that the governors resolved to begin a national campaign to sensitise the public about the new party.

They also instructed individual parties to begin the process of ratifying the APC pact in line with the requirements of the Independent National Electoral Commission.

After the meeting, which lasted for a few hours, Aregbesola read their communique to reporters.

He said, “Rising from our meeting held in Maiduguri on February 28, 2013 and attended by Governors of Borno, Edo, Ekiti, Imo, Lagos, Nasarawa, Ogun, Osun, and Yobe and apologies from Governors of Zamfara and Oyo states,

“The forum reiterated our irrevocable commitment to the emergence of the new party, All Progressive Congress.

“In solidarity with the Government and people of Borno and Yobe states, we are pleased to witness an upsurge of tranquility and happy that the situation has calmed down considerably in Maiduguri.

“Contrary to the image of rampant violence that has been painted to the world, we have discovered the people going about their businesses without let or hindrance.

“We wish to commend the efforts of our brother-governors in the two states and the security agencies for the restoration of peace and stability.

“We also sympathise with the families of those who lost their lives and properties and wish to donate N200m to the two states for emergency relief and support.

“We wish to commend the Central Merger Committee of the APC on the progress so far made in the formation of the new party, particularly the recent inauguration of three major committees on Constitutions, Manifesto and Legal/INEC Compliance.

“Finally, we wish to inform Nigerians that we shall soon embark on a national outreach and sensitisation activities and we call on all Nigerians to support our effort to rescue our country from a visionless leadership.”

Governors entertained reporters by singing solidarity songs to reaffirm their political struggles.

In a brief remark, Oshiomhole explained that they were making individual contributions to assist the government and people of Borno and Yobe states, who have carried the burden of the devastation of the insurgency.

Aregbesola explained that the governors chose Maiduguri for the meeting because they wanted to share in the pains of the people and prove that leadership was about courage and decisiveness.

He stressed that there shouldn’t be a no-go-area for any leader that meant well for his people.

Aregbesola said Maiduguri was described as a no-go-area but that by their visit, the people outside now know that the situation was not as bad as people had painted it.

- See more at: http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-govs-donate-n200m-to-boko-haram-victims/#sthash.s8Lxa3DS.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by koruji(m): 3:08am On Mar 01, 2013

18 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by peckhamboi: 3:17am On Mar 01, 2013
While Goodluck Jonathan is busy giving billions to and negotiating with Boko Haram members.

I'm beginning to Jonathan and PDP know more than they are telling on Boko.

2 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by seanet01: 3:56am On Mar 01, 2013
koruji: Yes, they walked the streets of Maiduguri.

[img]http://thenationonlineng.net/new/wp-content/themes/sahifa/timthumb.php?src=/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Lagos-Press-1.jpg&h=330&w=660&a=c[/img]
those are men with balls not Jonathan.

12 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by mike404(m): 4:07am On Mar 01, 2013
Dem wan compensate dem after dem don bomb them finish... This yahoo FORMAT no go work oh

6 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by Akshow: 5:24am On Mar 01, 2013
Hmmmm na wa o! And to think our president has no balls to go to maiduguri. 2015 come quick Lets kick pdp and its inefficiency out

3 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by Omen100(m): 6:27am On Mar 01, 2013
mike404: Dem wan compensate dem after dem don bomb them finish... This yahoo FORMAT no go work oh

Aren't u tired of being a $tupid I'D.I.O.T? And by the way, how old are u Silly goat?

The picture below portray's pdp & her apologists accusing others of her wrong deeds even though the handwriting is boldly written on the wall for the world to see..

11 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by ziccoit: 7:14am On Mar 01, 2013
koruji: Aregbesola explained that the governors chose Maiduguri for the meeting because they wanted to share in the pains of the people and prove that leadership was about courage and decisiveness.
Words.

4 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 01, 2013
I almost gave a damn about this APC of a party, until they started showing signs of hypocrisy. Bomb blasted the same town in which they held their 1st meeting & now donating money to victims of bomb blasts... Where were they these whiles? Once upon a time, almost all Nigerians were very gullible & susceptible to mind traps, but that's in the past now. They should be very transparent, if they must conquer.

19 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by ziccoit: 7:23am On Mar 01, 2013
emmysenior: I almost gave a damn about this APC of a party, until they started showing signs of hypocrisy. Bomb blasted the same town in which they held their 1st meeting & now donating money to victims of bomb blasts... Where were they these whiles? Once upon a time, almost all Nigerians were very gullible & susceptible to mind traps, but that's in the past now. They should be very transparent, if they must conquer.

When did bomb blasts begin? When was APC created?

21 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by Demdem(m): 7:51am On Mar 01, 2013
koruji: Yes, they walked the streets of Maiduguri.

[img]http://thenationonlineng.net/new/wp-content/themes/sahifa/timthumb.php?src=/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Lagos-Press-1.jpg&h=330&w=660&a=c[/img]

Brave men giving hope to the people. Not the kai-kai infected brain of ours that prefers to sit tight in Aso-Rock consuming billions worth of food.

9 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by gramci: 7:54am On Mar 01, 2013
See stunt cheesy, so na money APC go share for Borno cheesy
Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by confusion247(m): 8:05am On Mar 01, 2013
Boko haram members receives billions while victims receive millions. Interesting.
Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by takedat(m): 8:06am On Mar 01, 2013
ziccoit:

When did bomb blasts begin? When was APC created?
Thank you! Let him gladly advertise his ignorance. Those who earmarked over N1trillion for security and with a bevy of security agents at his disposal haven't thought it wise to visit the affected state, but when some dared to visit where the C-in-C feared to tread, those emotionally attached to their vicitmizers will defend them! Now i know the proponents of there is a PDP in all of us dictum are right, considering the depth of illogical emotions on display!

9 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by kokoA(m): 8:17am On Mar 01, 2013
emmysenior: I almost gave a damn about this APC of a party, until they started showing signs of hypocrisy. Bomb blasted the same town in which they held their 1st meeting & now donating money to victims of bomb blasts... Where were they these whiles? Once upon a time, almost all Nigerians were very gullible & susceptible to mind traps, but that's in the past now. They should be very transparent, if they must conquer.
and your point is? By asking "where were they these while" are you talking about the APC that was formed some few weeks back? I think the right question should be "where is the presidency and his PDP gang?" What has PDP done to show the people of maiduguri that they part of Nigeria? PDP plays politics with the lives of Nigerians. Simply because Borno is an opposition state, they have refused to offer any form af assistance to the people of that state. I don't care if this is hypocricy on the part of APC, all I can see is APC leaders working on the streets of maiduguri, the most dreaded city in Nigeria, all I can see is leaders of a country waving to their people who have lost all hope because a man who they chose to protect them have lost hope in them and left them for terrorists to feast on. This is good 'hypocricy'!. PDP prove yourself!

32 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by thelastPope(m): 8:26am On Mar 01, 2013
Politics of desperation! LOL! Who do they want to deceive with this? Very funny.

3 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 01, 2013
a bold step from the party what have the pdp governors done for these people did they evn go thr at all APC all the way

8 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by theripper: 8:38am On Mar 01, 2013
I dey feel their Notice me charade. The money go still enter Buhari account codedly.

7 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by Goddex: 8:40am On Mar 01, 2013
Bunch of thieves (except Oshiomole).
How did they raise that amount of money?
under which subhead?

It is obvious Oshiomole is merely forced by party politics to mingle with
this unholy alliance. He doesn't belong there. You can see he is not
even excited about it one bit.

3 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by jmaine: 9:03am On Mar 01, 2013
Nice political intent on appeal wink . . . .Na today wey nyash dey for back cheesy

Btw, Good philanthropy grin

1 Like

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 01, 2013
2015 is still far. One wonders why serving Governors leave their jobs to gallivant around the county just in the name of launching a new Party. Is it now a job of Governors to campaign and publicize the APC ? I think something is wrong somewhere, a party is supposed to have a working committee that goes on publicity and not pulling the Governors from their jobs, it goes a long way to show how unorganized this APC is, I cant trust my one vote in the hands of these people. 100% of them decamped from other parties cos of selfish interests, so I cant deal with people who are not predictable. Changing Parties like boxers, means changing manifestos like pants, it therefore means they dont stand for something, so whoever doesnt stand for something can fall for anything ? Should I trust my country in the hands of a people who fall for anything....Whhhhoooooosaaaaii.....Mbanu! This country belongs to Nigerians and we will always know that we will vote for the best candidate without sentiments. No one with Boko Haram lineage and sympathy should be voted for, no one with questionable source of wealth should be voted for. Your vote, is your choice. Use it wisely.

13 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by takedat(m): 9:05am On Mar 01, 2013
Goddex: Bunch of thieves (except Oshiomole).
How did they raise that amount of money?
under which subhead?

It is obvious Oshiomole is merely forced by party politics to mingle with
this unholy alliance. He doesn't belong there. You can see he is not
even excited about it one bit.
Since your sense of judgement is not universal, your sense of reasoning is sure to be narrow! You are in Oshiomhole's mind to know that he is being forced into the alliance, and that he is the only upright governor amongst them? Clannish reasoning weaken one's analytic ability!

12 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by takedat(m): 9:17am On Mar 01, 2013
Billyonaire: This country belongs to Nigerians and we will always know that we will vote for the best candidate without sentiments. No one with Boko Haram lineage and sympathy should be voted for, no one with questionable source of wealth should be voted for. Your vote, is your choice. Use it wisely.
Just to add to your epistle; those who feed on N1billion shouldn't be voted for. those who freely gave out N150million of poverty alleviation fund to Jay and Bey, shouldn't be voted for. Those who mismanaged N2trillion in the guise of fuel subsidy shouldn't be voted for and those who plan to build a mission house for N4billion at the expense of Nigerians shouldn't be voted for! Your vote is your choice, Use it wisely!

37 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by Yeeyo: 9:18am On Mar 01, 2013
God save us frm the handz of APC coz thy startd reinforcin dia membaz boko haram

1 Like

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by oddy4real(m): 9:21am On Mar 01, 2013
Scammers on the prowl. Do they think we are all daft?

1 Like

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by lateef4me(m): 9:21am On Mar 01, 2013
Are they just waking up from their stumber ? Abeg all na wash cos it's all about politics of their pocket......
Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by RedLight1: 9:24am On Mar 01, 2013
gramci: See stunt cheesy, so na money APC go share for Borno cheesy
does it look like money sharing to u? ooops i forgot obasanjo donated 100million to the family of boko haram leader when the victims didnt get a dime ...same with all pdp governors in north ....if there is no justice no peace ... if the victims gets nothing while attackers kept getting millions to attack more victims.. what do u think will happen eventually?

10 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by KGB2008: 9:24am On Mar 01, 2013
200 million for the boys.O think their next visit should be Mali and Afghanistan grin.
Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by RedLight1: 9:25am On Mar 01, 2013
confusion247: Boko haram members receives billions while victims receive millions. Interesting.
all thanks to pdp
Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 01, 2013
All these things are not necessary__its too late
Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by Delafruita(m): 9:25am On Mar 01, 2013
Billyonaire: 2015 is still far. One wonders why serving Governors leave their jobs to gallivant around the county just in the name of launching a new Party. Is it now a job of Governors to campaign and publicize the APC ? I think something is wrong somewhere, a party is supposed to have a working committee that goes on publicity and not pulling the Governors from their jobs, it goes a long way to show how unorganized this APC is, I cant trust my one vote in the hands of these people. 100% of them decamped from other parties cos of selfish interests, so I cant deal with people who are not predictable. Changing Parties like boxers, means changing manifestos like pants, it therefore means they dont stand for something, so whoever doesnt stand for something can fall for anything ? Should I trust my country in the hands of a people who fall for anything....Whhhhoooooosaaaaii.....Mbanu! This country belongs to Nigerians and we will always know that we will vote for the best candidate without sentiments. No one with Boko Haram lineage and sympathy should be voted for, no one with questionable source of wealth should be voted for. Your vote, is your choice. Use it wisely.
sometimes i marvel at your ability to be slimy.so when jonathan goes about the nation campaigning,its his job as the "party leader" but when APC governors hold a meeting as APC GOVERNORS,they're gallavanting.when jonathan converts aso rock to the center where peedeepee holds its BOT elections,its alright but when APC governors converge in maiduguri,a place jonathan hasnt visited,they're gallavanting.personally,i have issues with some members of the APC.however,without politics,men like fashola,oshiomole,aregbesola et al will not be in office.it takes the politicians to put the technocrats in power.if what it will take to wrest power from peedeepee and place men like fashola in aso rock is for a party to consist men like udenwa,ogbeh and ikimi,then so be it.the reality is the peedeepee has nothing to offer except excuses.we need a change if for nothing else but for change sake.

21 Likes

Re: N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors by RedLight1: 9:27am On Mar 01, 2013
the_ripper: I dey feel their Notice me charade. The money go still enter Buhari account codedly.
buhari what billions...not his apologist but i dont think 200million naria will be his problem

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Nairaland Inciting Nigerians Against The Apc? / PDP National Convention And The Future Of Nigeria Youths / Okorocha: I Have Retired Old Politicians In Imo So Young People Can Take Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.