Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? (12944 Views)

How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? / My Ex Insisted To Attend My Wedding / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Anabib(f): 3:00pm On May 05, 2006
There's this guy i dated , we loved each other and wanted to get married but he travelled to UK and then two months later he broke up with me on the excuse that the "Holy Spirit" says other wise, through an e- mail
Though we still maintained communication because i believed that he may come back (How naive i was anyway).

Now he told me that he is getting married ( to a lady i have seen with his sisters in his picture when we were dating, i asked him on who she was then, and he said a friend).
Though being a born again christian, he swore that he has nothing to do with the lady. And i believed him (Love is blind cry)
Apparently he had both of us and was trying out his luck!

He still wants to talk to me and always like to know what am up to etc.
But i made a resolve never to speak with him for now. Since he did not appreciate the three years we spent together. The way and manner he even broke the relationship is most annoying - With email angry .

Now he wants me to attend his wedding?
Should I?

people in the house what do u think?
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Busta(f): 3:22pm On May 05, 2006
personally, I think u shld go for the wedding

Dress ur best and buy them a nice wedding gift (no go buy knife or gun oh)
Just let him know that u can do better without him and life goes on.  smiley

Saw ur pic, u're a very pretty gurl! wink
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Anabib(f): 3:29pm On May 05, 2006
Thanks Busta!!!
But He is a proud person and i have the feeling that he may want me to see that he has ''Arrived'' Lol

1 Like

Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by glodave(f): 3:34pm On May 05, 2006
My dear try ur best to 4get the fool and move on ok. Attend the wedding and get asweet gift  4 them and wish them happy marriage life.
jt take as u'r nt made to be 2gether grin   "dat's why i hate men" anyway is well smiley
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by glodave(f): 3:35pm On May 05, 2006
My dear try ur best to 4get the fool and move on ok. Attend the wedding and get asweet gift  4 them and wish them happy marriage life.
jt take as u'r nt made to be 2gether grin   "dat's why i hate men" anyway is well smiley
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by queen2(f): 3:43pm On May 05, 2006
He's such an hopeless man  angry shocked

You said he's proud, so you should attend the wedding to show him that your not a proud type, as others said, attend the wedding and buy them a good gift.
Let him know life still goes on without him joor.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Hotstepper(f): 4:57pm On May 05, 2006
attend the wedding sweetie and buy them the gift you can afford with no hard feeling. He would understand that you can do without him and that the holy ghost that told him otherwise would surely give you someone better,  Take heart and see it as the way God wanted it.

Although am not a lesbian but as someone said, you are pretty so the physical appearance ain't a problem.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Anabib(f): 5:33pm On May 05, 2006
My dear try your best to 4get the fool and move on ok

yeah, i guess am trying to move on

queen
Let him know life still goes on without him joor.

Thanks! but how

hotstepper
He would understand that you can do without him and that the holy ghost that told him otherwide would surely give you someone better, Take heart and see it as the way God wanted it.

LOL. thanks Hotstepper, i have always enjoyed your posts and replies.

yeah! i have moved on but i still have this tiny winy feeling for him, thats why i have stopped communicating wt him, so i dont want that to affect my next relationship ( shocked i will sure shine my eye)

how come the guys are not replying or is it that they have this ego and loves to see their 'Ex' at their wedding.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by rubby(f): 7:21pm On May 05, 2006
you should attend the wedding and let him know you are doing fine, way fine without him
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by dominobaby(f): 9:08pm On May 05, 2006
U can attend d wedding, no probs, after all he invited u and nt like u gatecrashed. Better still, u could ask a friend to accompany u. Get him a gift too. Though its hard, d sweetest revenge is forgiveness, that'll show u can do well widout him.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by curiousNja(f): 10:05pm On May 05, 2006
Personally. I would not go. It doesn't mean you are bitter or anything, I just don't see any need or place there for you at his wedding. Decline the invite and wish them well "through e-mail" (he he) and move on. Is there really any fun for you to be at the wedding?

1 Like

Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by baby4u2(f): 11:10pm On May 05, 2006
anabib girls can advice u better on this than the guys, they'll reply soon but u dont have to worry now that they are not replying. anyway i personally think that it will take alot to wish that union well. stayyyyyyyy far away from that wedding ground. you dont need that in your life. wish them well in ur house, if its food at the wedding i'am sure u have a lot. that guy did u wrong, in order for u to sometimes forgive people fully its better you stay away. sometime we think we can handle issues by facing them. yes thats true but not all the time, in this case keep to urself, u dont want to see someone that you loved with someone else, its a sick site (and no for all y'all thinking i've gone thru this before, i've never and never will AMEN). It wont remove and ounce of blood from your system if u sit in your house and do other important things which i believe you have to do rather than go for a wedding. they are many more to come, pluz ur own soon.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by pearl2(m): 1:52am On May 06, 2006
It's a touching one.U will obviously get 2 clear responses on what to do;attend the wedding,don't attend the wedding and both with reasons.U can attend the wedding(but just wondering what will be going on in your mind,would u really be there,while bodily present?) Or choose not to.I think it depends on the state of your mind and how strong u are or will be.It's up to u to eventually decide.But either way,let go; don't  cling to the hurt and animosity,it will not in the least be of help.This is one of the things that happens everyday,people have had worst experiences,and over time,they are still still thankful about the turn of events.(actually had a chat with an aunty  who had a similar story line similar to your own ,only the courtship was longer than 3 years.She later got married to a successful man in Nigeria,the London guy too got married to another person,she told me today she has no regrets). If u're truly His child hold on to Him,even in the time of disappointment.
God bless.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by bluenubian(f): 8:25am On May 06, 2006
that was jus wrong for him to even invite u, if u were married then that would have been different, then u could go, but now he want u to come watch him promise eternity to another woman, while u waste ur money or a gift, transportation, a dress.
its ok to be happy for him but he has defintely moved on and u shud too, send him a congratulatory card and tell him u r going to be waxxing ur bikini line on the day of his wedding for ur vacation with ur new hunk in hawaii
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by eveseh(f): 9:19am On May 06, 2006
go if u want to
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by curiousNja(f): 10:13am On May 06, 2006
Yeah, agree with bluenubian. Also, why waste money, a gift, transportation, a dress., YOUR TIME etc. Hunny, spend that time and money on yourself. There is really no reason to go. Send him a card.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by bluenubian(f): 11:57am On May 06, 2006
thats right
even better send him an e-card that expires after 60days grin grin
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:20pm On May 06, 2006
i heard your story and its really pathetic,how guys can be such ungrateful swines angry.anyway i suggest you go to the wedding.also get a wedding gift for them and which them a happy married life,you can go with a friend also.Also try see your present situation as a blessing in disguise,cause he left you for the right guy to come in.i know its going to be hard but you have got to try and forget him.and i suggest you dispose all things that would remind you of him,you could try hanging out with your friends more. smiley
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by legs(f): 4:31pm On May 06, 2006
if its too much troublr dont bother
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Dojo(m): 5:10pm On May 06, 2006
Don't attend the wedding. Anything can happen there that'll embarass or humilate you. What you don't see or hear can never be of concern to you. Take care and I wish you good luck.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by papermoon(f): 5:16pm On May 06, 2006
cry
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Dojo(m): 5:18pm On May 06, 2006
the number of people whose dirty yanshes GOD will bulala on judgement day just amazes me.
@Ironmoon,
May I not be among them grin grin grin
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by papermoon(f): 5:19pm On May 06, 2006
cry
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by chinani(f): 7:49pm On May 07, 2006
My dear, you deserved much better than this man gave you. Do not go to his wedding. He has not earned the privilege of your presence. Weddings are for family and friends. What kind of friend has he been to you? I think it will be better for you in the long run that you do not have to see him swear to love another. And what are his motives? You know him best and you have said he is a "proud person" so which stripes will he show now. Has this dog man learned new tricks. I think he wants to show you off as a pretty girl at his nuptials. He wants to be able to gesture at you and say, "Before I married I had girls like her he he he." Not on my watch!

Many people have adviced you to go. They are being genuine and diplomatic. Are you a diplomat darling? When you loved him, was it as a diplomat or a lady? Yes, a lady. So spare yourself as a lady and spend the day w/ family (favorites only wink) or treating yourself.

Dear, I have also been treated badly and have gotten over it for the most part. So, from experience, please stay away.

As for a gift? For what? Na wa @ the very thought of opening your wallet for a vagabond! It sounds as though you (or others) want to prove how mature you are or how much you've moved on. You don't have to prove anything. You can be an immature leper stuck in the past. Does it concern him? No, so use your money wisely and his gift isn't wise. This man wanted to eat his cake and have it to. Salvation can be his gift. Pray for GOD to forgive his greed, lies, and arrogance. Pray for him to be blessed in marriage. Pray for him to be a better man. What greater gift is this. I am serious O!! If anything, you can mail him a card of congratulates that states "Dear ---, you and you're noble wife are in my prayers". This is gift enough! Do not drop a dime on this man! Not a kobo either!
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Oyin100(f): 9:29am On May 08, 2006
It's very obvious he doesn't deserve you, or your presence at his wedding. Don't give him that chance to hurt you again since you admit you still feel for him a bit. There are better men out there, and more interesting weddings to attend!
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by uunnbb(m): 9:31am On May 08, 2006
smiley well i think u have to attend it, hahahahahah!!!!!!
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Anabib(f): 9:40am On May 08, 2006
Posted by: papermoon
SWEETY, did u leave something with him that you need to go and collect ON HIS WEDDING DAY?

[/b] LOL, thats was a nice one papremoon!

Posted by: Dojo
Insert Quote
Don't attend the wedding. Anything can happen there that'll embarass or humilate you

Posted by: Oyin100
Insert Quote
It's very obvious he doesn't deserve you, or your presence at his wedding. Don't give him that chance to hurt you again since you admit you still feel for him a bit. There are better men out there, and more interesting weddings to attend!

[b]
THATS WHAT MY INTUITION HAS BEEN TELLING ME. DONT KNOW WHAT HE HAS IN STOCK FOR ME

Posted by: chinani
Insert Quote
My dear, you deserved much better than this man gave you. Do not go to his wedding. He has not earned the privilege of your presence. Weddings are for family and friends. What kind of friend has he been to you? I think it will be better for you in the long run that you do not have to see him swear to love another. And what are his motives? You know him best and you have said he is a "proud person" so which stripes will he show now. Has this dog man learned new tricks. I think he wants to show you off as a pretty girl at his nuptials. He wants to be able to gesture at you and say, "Before I married I had girls like her he he he." Not on my watch!

THANKS, U REALLY DESCRIBED WHAT I FEEL HE CAN DO.

AND FOR THE OTHER HOUSE MEMBERS, I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR REPLIES, THOSE ASKING ME TO ATTEND AND THOSE FOR OTHERWISE, THANKS A BUNCH!!
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by babymine(f): 11:01am On May 08, 2006
Attend the wedding if you can.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by kimba(m): 1:53pm On May 08, 2006
@Anabib

Its like this: when he arrived in the U.K, that was when the holy spirit took over. The holy spirit had nothing to do with the relationship before that time. Usually, when our boys get to yankee, some other spirit takes over and they they begin to toy with people's hearts.

Anyway, if I were you, let them be!!!! On the day of your wedding, go out, have fun, leave them alone. Your Romeo will soon find you out.
goodluck!!!!! cheesy
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Anabib(f): 3:56pm On May 08, 2006
@Kimba

Laughs!!!!!!!!!
Its as if you got the point.
thats what my pals said too when it happened.
Because he changed his mind soon after he got to the country.

laughs! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by chy(f): 4:06pm On May 08, 2006
i think you should try and go for the wedding
to show ur maturity.
Is nice of him to have invited u since u didnt have any issue
with him before the separation
Goodluck
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Roscodaddy(m): 7:57pm On May 11, 2006
Dear,I just saw your post and was very sad about the way things are,I beg of you,please stay away from that wedding cos you are not needed he just wants you to cry and feel more pain,you can send your gift or whatever,atteneding that wedding is only going to hurt you because it will be ringing in your head on the wedding day that you were supposed to be the one,and you could do anything on that day,please stay away and get going with your own life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Beat Your Husband Or Man Without Touching Him: / Top 10 Prettiest Women On Nairaland (2022) / Why Are Nairaland Romance Section Girls Almost Ugly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.