Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,520 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? (13185 Views)

How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? / My Ex Insisted To Attend My Wedding / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by katherinae(f): 6:16am On Aug 19, 2006
Go and dress to freaking kill, hell even tell the girl the duration when u too were dating just so she gets pissed off at him. Or u can ask God to give u the strenght to forgive him, go to the wedding adn u migh t meet someone amazing there, or just dont go at all. u choose
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by babe1(f): 6:52am On Aug 27, 2006
I know that there is no way in hell, i would attend an ex's wedding but on my wedding day two of mine were there. I for one didn't invite them. My family did because we all are family friends. It is really up to you what you wanna do but if you do decide to go, girlfriend, make sure you are looking good aiight? Cool!
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2007
i think you should go and i think you shouldn't go alone. i will suggest that you go and hire a drop dead gorgeous looking sexy, 12 packs, skinny tall, young baby face, unresistable d*ck that girls will see and get wet on the spot. that his wife will even see and trip.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by anabell(f): 1:40am On Mar 16, 2007
i dont tink u should go,cos i bet u by d time u get back from d weddin u will be so pissed{oh it should have been me}move on girl and 4get bout him,tell him to stop callin, u dont need his type and by d time u no it u will meet another guy who will love u very much.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by ijayc(f): 8:32am On Mar 16, 2007
my dear it all depends on you make up your mind on what you want. left to me i will not attend the wedding i will try and get too busy that wedding day
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 16, 2007
one more thing before i shut up. if she goes or not, the wedding is still gonna take place. if u go, u are passing a message across but if you do not go, (even though it hurt you and its hard to let go) you still have to show them that you are still standing. i dont know how financial okay you are, but if i was in ur shoes,i wont go to church but i will go to the reception when the dance dance dance is going on. and u know they call friends to come dance with the couple. i will go with about 10 thousand naira with 100 naira note and i will spray him as if i plock the money on a tree. immediately after that, tell him you have an appointment you got to catch up with in about 30 minutes time. give his wife a huge hug and roll out with the sexy man you came with.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 17, 2007
my two cents

anabib, you have nothing to prove to anyone.
you don't have to attend so as to show u have moved on, neither does not attending mean you are still pining over him.

I spose what hurts is the childish manner he broke up with you. But that's over.

Personally I feel he liked both of you but he didn't know how to break up with you so he figured when he travels is a good opportunity. Then when his liver fail he come send you email and use God name justify himself since you know fit vex with God abi? Coward!
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Ndipe(m): 10:58am On Mar 19, 2007
Attend the wedding for what? Forgive him, wish him a happy married life and move on with your life.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by carliecode(m): 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2007
my lady, i must tell you that you sound very hurt. from your notes, should i conclude that u r born again xtian? if so then you may read further. ", let no man deceive you, God cannot be mocked, " this is scriptural. it is a cunny thing for a guy to break a relatnshp basing it on the instructns of the Holy Ghost. its a point for u to be careful as a xtian. if he lied abt it God is aware but what if it is the truth?

did u pple involve in sex during the courtship? you need to break all soul ties and deliver ur spirit from the anger. let God heal ur emotions. ITS A PITY, U HAVE TO 4GIVE THIS GUY TO BE HEALED. my fiancee was in ur situatn. her's was six yrs, i didnt go out with her until i was sure she had 4given the guy. now she happy and we r believing God for a marriage.

as 4 attending the wedding. if you can handle it go but if iadvise u i will say dont go. he wants to be sure you have forgiven him. give him a call, tell him you have forgiven him. do it in tears, release him frm ur spirit. bless him and his marriage. this is
the only way you can be healed. set ur mind on God for a better oppourtunity cos its smwhere waiting for u.

u could mail me here : callcarliecode@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Bolarge(m): 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2007
Psychologists will tell u about the importance of the bereaved's presence at the graveside during interment.
It sounds the note of finality.It is finally etched in your subconscious that all is severed with the deceased.He/she is gone. The same holds true for this wedding. Go.
 The mere fact that u're even considering this (to go/not to go) reveals a degree of healing has already taken place.If the wounds were still fresh n'bleeding you'd still be cussing,wailing and hating. So go.
Dress your best (as befits any wedding).
Like some others have said (and it's most appropriate) get them a nice affordable gift.
Be all smiles(genuinely) at the occasion.It may be difficult initially but it has a way of making u feel good and therefore  becomes self-perpetuating.
If you happen to get close enough,have a pleasant word for the bride;som'n like"Hey your gown is so pretty!Just what I had in mind for my wedding.You sure exhibit good taste. . " You wld have made her day and believe me funny as it may sound even you will feel good afterwards.This sure beats sulking at home.

In summary;Be strong.
Life is replete with let-downs and believe me u can't just shrink into oblivion anytime these unsavoury phases of life come to the fore.
There's no revenge as forgiveness.
You can do it through Christ who strengthens you.
Forgive and move on.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by lezly(m): 1:33pm On Mar 19, 2007
angry He broke up a relationship of 3 years by e-mail? that's really wicked. I don’t think you should attend his wedding. He moved on. you should do the same and forget about him totally. He can’t offer you anything again.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by tunmininu(f): 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2007
sweetie,i don't see any sense in attending the wedding.Like someone said,it dosen't mean u dont wish them but ur going there is no good for u.What if u go there and all u begin to think of is the bitterness and pains he's caused u.
You have already broken the chains of love between u and him,so don't revert.Move on,girl. cheesy
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by omoge(f): 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2007
if you have a male friend, (not bf oh) go with him.
if none, just use his wedding Saturday to do Pedicure and Manicure, rent a good movie with your girlfriends and watch. Or with a friend, try out a new recipe. You have better things to do than go to a playa's wedding alone.

to know you wish him well, send him an e-card  grin
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by bunmi1215(f): 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2007
[color=#000099][/color]  undecided yeah you should go and make sure you dress ur finest, make him know whaat he is missing!! and yeah make sure to bring a gift since you was with him for that long you should know what he likes, get him that. and since he still wants to be cool, go to the weeding, i would just that.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by gee2(m): 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2007
Hi, I understand your plight but I will like you to attend his wedding, though he did something stupid but just put that aside 'cos someone out there is gonn find and get wedded to you as well.
Shame him by going to his wedding.
Goodluck!!!
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by trendy(f): 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2007
Dont go! incase he calls and ask you why u did not show up
tell him*o sorry i forgot, i thought it was next week and besides i went to the cinema's or shopping. wink
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by FireGirl1(f): 3:35pm On Mar 19, 2007
life's tooooo short.move on with it.y bother to go?
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Greycells(m): 3:37pm On Mar 19, 2007
please ask yourself his motive for inviting u to his wedding after breaking your heart? simply cruel intentions, u don't need friends like him, so why waste time and money on a cruel mongrel?

Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by boluwa: 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2007
As for me personally, i would not go attend the wedding programe ,[color=#006600][/color]since he has neglect me without my wish .
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by ebos(m): 3:42pm On Mar 19, 2007
The story can be either way.  Probably, if the guy had married her (I mean the poster), his present wife to be whom the poster said she used to see her pics with the guy when he was at home would have posted that the guy dumped her for another babe. Then, what would you say? You will still blame him. So, I believe the guy was keeping two or more girls when he was at home, and all of them were hoping to be the lucky one.  The guy finally picked one of the girls which is normal hence he did not chose a wife outside her babes.  In this case, I would not blame the guy.  So, attending the wedding is a personal choice.  Just wish them well. You can honour invitation if you so wish.

But did the guy promise to marry you when he was at home?  You only said the guy you was planning to get married with.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by richo(m): 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2007
just praise God! i dont think the fucker really likes u.hey its not all guys dat are demons; av known the girl i luv for only 1yr 6mnths, we are in different places now and i cant still think of even touchin sum1 else.so cheer up cus the guy who likes u is out there sumwer. if i wer u i'll make him want me back, i mean he'l beg to hav me back then i'll tell him ok.after he dumps the other gal i'll tell him off! thats how to ruin his little ass
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by laudate: 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2007
chinani:
My dear, you deserved much better than this man gave you. Do not go to his wedding. He has not earned the privilege of your presence. Weddings are for family and friends. What kind of friend has he been to you? I think it will be better for you in the long run that you do not have to see him swear to love another. And what are his motives? You know him best and you have said he is a "proud person" so which stripes will he show now. Has this dog man learned new tricks. I think he wants to show you off as a pretty girl at his nuptials. He wants to be able to gesture at you and say, "Before I married I had girls like her he he he." Not on my watch!

Well said, Chinani! I agree with you 100 and 10% per cent!

Did the guy value you enough to apologise in person for the way things ended between both of you? Did he wish you well? Or did he feel you were something he could use & discard at will? My dear, kindly do NOT go. You have nothing to gain if you go & nothing to lose, if you don't. He doesn't sound like someone who deserves your respect or best wishes.

chinani:
As for a gift? For what? Na wa @ the very thought of opening your wallet for a vagabond! It sounds as though you (or others) want to prove how mature you are or how much you've moved on. You don't have to prove anything. You can be an immature leper stuck in the past. Does it concern him? No, so use your money wisely and his gift isn't wise. This man wanted to eat his cake and have it to.

Do not drop a dime on this man! Not a kobo either!

Again I agree whole-heartedly. The guy does not deserve an ounce of the time, money or effort that would go into getting that gift. First impressions matter, but then, so do last impressions too. If he had left a positive impression on your mind, when you parted ways, then it would be a different story. But he didn't. Like someone said, he would probably use you to show off, feeling he has scored some cheap point, by getting married before you.

Secondly, the bride or her friends might even know you & those friends may set out to embarrass you right there. Don't give them a chance to make a fool of you. Spend that day praying for yourself & loved ones. Or take out that time to expend some TLC on yourself. You need it.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by juw0n(m): 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2007
pls pls dont go to the wedding,the guy never really likes ,he just has as a spare and may be he was gaining something from then and going to the wedding the guy and his friend can make you a topic of you
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by gmcln(m): 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2007
Don't hate, but please don't go. When God deliver us from evil, we don't tempt Him.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by uzomaeze(m): 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2007
if u like attend if u know like no attend its painful what people go through when in a relationship i just pray mine will work and God should lead the way , just remember God dey ur side cheesy
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Sonye(f): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2007
Please DO NOT GO. Why should you think of it?A born again xtian lied to you.He was with her all the while and the family joined him. Leave it to God. God will definitely do it to his sisters as well if they decieved you. Thats why i love to see people that cheat.Cos u cant trust what is on a guy's mind.
Do you want to go and watch a girl walk beside the person u hoped ur whole life for?wearing what you would have worn, kiss the lips that you thought u will have for a whole life time, say I DO to someone u said YES to 3 years ago, dance with the so called "born again man" u believed and trusted in?If your answer is yes to all these, then i wish u safe journey. kiss
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by ebos(m): 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2007
If the guy marry the poster (of this topic) this lucky girl will still complain and people will blast him too because the cheating was there before he traveled out and they could not find out – he was secretly keeping two or more girls.  Maybe he was just trying to know the better one to propose.  So, take heart, as he did say the Holy Spirit revealed to him the right girl for his wife.  This could be true.  Who knows?  Lets we be angry at the will of God.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by evicious: 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2007
MY DEAR, THE TRUTH IS DONT LET IT BOTHER U 4 A SECOND. I HAD SAME EXPERIENCE. HE TOO INVITED ME FOR HIS WEDDING AND I ATTENDED. U NO WHAT? DRESS YOUR BEST, GO THERE ON A CLEAN RIDE WITH A SWEET GUY BY YOUR SIDE IF U CAN LAY HOLD ON ONE AND WALK INTO THE CHURCH OR COURT WHEREVER , WHEN U NO U CAN ATTRACT ATTENTOIN. AFTER THE EXCHANGE OF VOWS, GO TO THEM AND TELL THEM CONGRATS. MIND U DO NOT HUG HIM OR ALLOW HIM HUG U. DONT Bleep UP DEAR HE INVITED U. HONOR THE INVITATION.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by segedoo(m): 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2007
@poster

are you emotionally strong enough to see him exchange vows to another woman forever?

the koko is u'll feel the wave of rejection all over again and if u don't handle if well, you might feel inferior to the other gal briefly. that's just the way we humans are.

besides do you know what opinion this loser might have given her of you?

if you really wanna go, make sure you do with a guy. believe me the dude will turn green and purple - jealousy & guilt combined.

meanwhile why did u remove ur picture naw cutie? make we see u and celebrate ur looks
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by AlphaDuo: 9:37pm On Mar 19, 2007
@ poster

I don't know you, but after reading the touching story for you to even consider going, you must be a kind and caring person. Guess you should just follow your heart, attending the wedding will probably not do any harm to you as a person. But it may be difficult for you to deal with the pain emotionally so you might want to just steer clear in that case. It might not be worth the time infact.

All the same, forgiveness is an important part of the healing and moving on.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by Ferlie(m): 9:38pm On Mar 19, 2007
how is that our business?

The time wey una dey fok we no dey for there, he come be now, u come dey ask we question - abeg, come here joo.
Re: Should I Attend My Ex-boyfriend's Wedding? by pati(f): 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2007
Its obvious ur hurt from ur tone, therefore i would suggest u don't attend the wedding cos it would hurt u much more to see him marrying someone else .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Date My Friend's Ex-boyfriend? / Money & Age, Which Should Be Considered First Before Marriage? / What's Your Plan For 2022 Valentine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.