Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,956 members, 7,835,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. (3583 Views)

Tambuwal Probes The “Abduction” Of Patience Paul In Sokoto / Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters / French Boko-Haram Hostage Escapes In Zaria On Okada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 4:40am On Mar 02, 2013
After the abduction of the French: Boko Haram threatens Cameroonian students Nigerian-nationality and Hausa as safe shields

Many have had to abandon their studies while the more adventurous stayed in Nigeria are exposed every day strikes of Boko Haram and security forces abuses. Speak the local language or take the Nigerian nationality are the only ways to avoid being killed. Reporting to Mubi and Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria

At Maiduguri: Nationality as Lifeline

Insecurity, the fear of death is at the origin of the mass flight of students. Searches saving person. Boko Haram strikes without warning. Security forces kill without cause or trial... (Hausa) and Nigerian nationality to save.

A few years ago, three journalists wanted to investigate the abuses of the army, two were killed, one abducted. NGOs and the media regularly denounce the abuses of the security forces. The federal Government remains unmoved. To fend off the walls of suspicion, Moustapha, the native of Foumban, went to Hausa, main language of exchange of the city. "When you do not speak Hausa, people are starting to ask questions about your identity. It is not a good sign. The intelligence services monitor your movements. Speaking like everyone else, you fund you in the crowd. It takes just precautions. Tips to the Cameroonian students do not stop learning Hausa. Some have acquired the Nigerian nationality without renouncing their nation of origin. Very erased, they refuse even to stand with their compatriots. This is the case of Amadou, 19 years. Registered in the preparatory year in an Institute in the city, it enjoys the advantages of dual citizenship. Instructions for use. ' I frequent as nigerian, it is less expensive when you register as a student overseas. ''
When I travel, I present my Nigerian identity card, the police do not bother me. As soon as I crossed the border, I runs with my Cameroonian papers to avoid the hassle. Nigerian nationality in less than two months. How it arrived there so easily? "Why requests me you this? '' I can tell you, he is my elder brother who did everything. He said no more.
As Mustapha and Emmanuel, Amadou is fluent in Hausa, like to add a more Nigerian nationality. Despite these precautions, no one can predict the duration of the time of grace, because, in the Boko Haram, everything can happen to anyone at anytime
[url]http://www.cameroon-info.net/stories/0,42224,@,apres-le-rapt-des-francais-boko-haram-menace-les-etudiants-camerounais-au-nigeri.html[/url]
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 4:50am On Mar 02, 2013
Soldiers extort

This deployment away nor the racket of uniformed men. «You've passed yesterday without providing the money, then you will pay the double, so 100 naira, told our driver that runs without flinching a military. And it will be so in several positions. Where some law enforcement in Cameroon, sometimes observe of modesty, their Nigerian counterparts use brutality. "My friend, are discussed here. You are a foreigner. It's only 500 naira or I temperature your visa with a pen, coldly launches me a young soldier to face covered front passengers and colleagues of marble. In Nigeria, corruption is a way of life. It goes without saying. The driver intervenes. A few words in Hausa language calm the enthusiasm of the man in uniform.

Four hours later. I read 'welcome to Maiduguri' on the pediment of the town. And memories of a warm city that hosted the young student that I was back on the surface. Ten years have passed. A few exceptions, the metropolis keeps her promiscuity, her intense air pollution, its beggars without forgetting its age-old blackouts. Increasingly now, abductions, bombings, assassinations, are grafted to the bleak picture. 'Found agents of information among students, drivers of tricycles, onlookers, in short everywhere. As soon as you stop, you have a slim chance to live. Even the comments between buddies are brief and precise. Everyone is suspect. Outside races and classes, I me lock my free hours", said Moustapha, studying human medicine in the University of Maiduguri. Upon his arrival in 2004, about 80 Cameroonian students were here. In 2011, they were less than a dozen. Today, Moustapha remains the only one. Even the leader of the community passing houses houses to mobilize the adventurous fell. In a house next door to his room, Islamists have killed the parents and left the children to their own devices. Mathias hosted these children while awaiting the reaction of the families. The Islamists returned to shoot him in the arm and the left foot. His son led him emergency in Jos in promising that his father will more foot here", remembers Moustapha.
[url]http://www.cameroon-info.net/stories/0,42224,@,apres-le-rapt-des-francais-boko-haram-menace-les-etudiants-camerounais-au-nigeri.html[/url]
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 4:58am On Mar 02, 2013
Being a Cameroonian is now a crime , Cameroonians can't stay together anymore ,thy must avoid each other?
shame Nigeria , i say shame on you, Nigeria has failed the region . How can you take +2years to tackle a small terrorist organization? angry angry angry
Cameroonians forced to become Nigerians angry angry
Cameroonian extorted angry angry
Let's close the border angry
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 02, 2013
+4millions Naijans-(naijan in Bakassi) are living in peace in Cameroon,when 80 Cameroonian can't even walk freely,they can't live without being harassed. angry angry
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by onila(f): 5:36am On Mar 02, 2013
grin

you need to tolerate big brother Nigeria

its not easy being the smaller and younger brother tongue

take heart cheesy
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Blyss: 5:43am On Mar 02, 2013
onila: grin

take heart cheesy

Humm, and you think that's funny? Humm, and you people actually expect us to want to live that mess as opposed to having our own nation without all that hassle and backwardness? Yeah, right. Thankfully Gabon has come through.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by onila(f): 5:44am On Mar 02, 2013
Blyss:

Humm, and you think that's funny? Humm, and you people actually expect us to want to live that mess as opposed to having our own nation without all that hassle and backwardness? Yeah, right. Thankfully Gabon has come through.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 02, 2013
Blyss:

bug off for once

1 Like

Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 02, 2013

take heart cheesy
it won't end this, since you have failed to provide the minimum (security and peace) in this part of the region. We will heavily clean all your lawless northern states. What kind of BS b this.
It's high time to teach u how to fight terrorism and cool cool maintain peace in your country. cool cool
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 5:53am On Mar 02, 2013

take heart cheesy

Yes Camroon is the younger brother that went to unvirsty. Nigeria is the old brother who flucked school and joinded a street gang and got hooked on drugs.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 5:55am On Mar 02, 2013
Blyss:

You know you all ready got a county. It called meriaca home of the opressed and land of the obease.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by onila(f): 5:56am On Mar 02, 2013
andrewza:

Yes Camroon is the younger brother that went to unvirsty. Nigeria is the old brother who flucked school and joinded a street gang and got hooked on drugs.
most of the African intellects in SA are Nigerians

the few bad ones don't represent the majority
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by onila(f): 6:00am On Mar 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: it won't end this, since you have failed to provide the minimum (security and peace) in this part of the region. We will heavily clean all your lawless northern states. What kind of BS b this.
It's high time to teach u how to fight terrorism and cool cool maintain peace in your country. cool cool

hmmm lets see what the Cameroonian gerdamanes can do
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 6:02am On Mar 02, 2013
onila: most of the African intellects in SA are Nigerians

the few bad ones don't represent the majority

No that is a not true. There are 500 000 nigerians in SA and about 10% are bad if the remianing 90% are all intelects (they not) it would not dent our higher educated population doing reshearch.

Any case I was talking about the country not the people.

Nigeria has terroist up north, pirats down south and coruption all over.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 02, 2013
onila:

hmmm lets see what the Cameroonian gerdamanes can do
we have our senatorial(election) soon, they are in defense mode now. Besides gendarmes are for internal problems. Fix your mess , what a shame tongue tongue we gon make u beg for our help tongue
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by onila(f): 6:05am On Mar 02, 2013
andrewza:

No that is a not true. There are 500 000 nigerians in SA and about 10% are bad if the remianing 90% are all intelects (they not) it would not dent our higher educated population doing reshearch.

we have the highest percentage of graduates in Africa.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 6:07am On Mar 02, 2013
onila:

due to your big population. And they are not even well formed, most of them have to retake some courses and exams when they go abroad. Anyway leave Cameroonian alone
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by onila(f): 6:09am On Mar 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: due to your big population. And they are not even well formed, most of them have to retake some courses and exams when they go abroad. Anyway leave Cameroonian alone

Nigerians are the most educated immigrants in America. .http://www.bet.com/news/national/2012/03/20/survey-nigerians-most-educated-in-the-u-s.html

what u talking about tongue
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 6:11am On Mar 02, 2013
onila:

Has was pointed out. Big popultion it all so why you so rich. Big tax base.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by onila(f): 6:11am On Mar 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: due to your big population. And they are not even well formed, most of them have to retake some courses and exams when they go abroad. Anyway leave Cameroonian alone
grin nop
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 02, 2013
onila:

Nigerians are the most educated immigrants in America. .

how come these graduates and intellectual can't fix this mess? You mean they are clueless? grin grin shocked shocked shocked so many brains an no one came up with a solution, you should hide your face in shame
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by onila(f): 6:12am On Mar 02, 2013
andrewza:

Has was pointed out. Big popultion it all so why you so rich. Big tax base.
the giant of africa cool
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by onila(f): 6:14am On Mar 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: how come these graduates and intellectual can't fix this mess? You mean they are clueless? grin grin shocked shocked shocked so many brains an no one came up with a solution, you should hide your face in shame

the same as every african country "the brain drain"

the educated n smart africans leave and help build europe and leaving their country to continue 2 rot
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 6:16am On Mar 02, 2013
onila:

Nigerians are the most educated immigrants in America. .http://www.bet.com/news/national/2012/03/20/survey-nigerians-most-educated-in-the-u-s.html

I have problems with this report

Is it not because they can not get jobs in Nigeria they forced to leave to amrica to find work. The poor or unskilled for most part can get jobs or can not get over seas.

It dose not mention in what field these degreas are in.

And the fact your educted people are leaving nigeria is not somthing to brag about. In SA we don't want them to leave.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 02, 2013
onila:

the same as every african country "the brain drain"

the educated n smart africans leave and help build europe and leaving their country to continue 2 rot
Cameroon is stable enough. Same with Ghana etc brain drain has nothing to do with that. They are not supposed to fight bokoharamists . Where is your military, oops I forgot they are extorting Cameroonian, innocent and lovable Cameroonian. Shame on Nigeria.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by onila(f): 6:19am On Mar 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Cameroon is stable enough. Same with Ghana etc brain drain has nothing to do with that. They are not supposed to fight bokoharamists . Where is your military, oops I forgot they are extorting Cameroonian, innocent and lovable Cameroonian. Shame on Nigeria.

cameroon and ghana are still freaking poor countries, nothing to be proud off

peaceful but still poor

a poor man wants food and not just peace

go back home and help yr pple
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 6:20am On Mar 02, 2013
onila: the giant of africa cool
The fast majorty are either unemployed or in low scale farming. And the poor less educted are the ones who are making the most kids. Soon Nigeria will be over flowing with uneducted unemployed youths and that will cause big problems down the line. I would not be happy about it.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by onila(f): 6:21am On Mar 02, 2013
andrewza:

I have problems with this report

Is it not because they can not get jobs in Nigeria they forced to leave to amrica to find work. The poor or unskilled for most part can get jobs or can not get over seas.

It dose not mention in what field these degreas are in.

And the fact your educted people are leaving nigeria is not somthing to brag about. In SA we don't want them to leave.
most are science students
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by free2ryhme: 6:21am On Mar 02, 2013
abeg translate well abi the translation tool wey u use no dey make sense
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by onila(f): 6:23am On Mar 02, 2013
free2ryhme: abeg translate well abi the translation tool wey u use no dey make sense
grin grin
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 6:27am On Mar 02, 2013
onila: most are science students

In what field though. The report is just to bare. I don't think it is wrong I mean most mercians a not that smart. There greatist minds through out there history have not been born or even educted in amrica. So it not that big of accomplishment. Now if you siad the same thing for certain eurpean countries. Like the home of amricas greatist minds aka germany I would then be impressed.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Blyss: 6:28am On Mar 02, 2013
andrewza:

LOL. That last statement was classic. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of "KWARA" From Kwara State? / The Sorry State Of Owerri/ph Road (Imo state Axis) Ohaji to be precise / Nigerian Skin-bleaching Expert Shares Pictures Of His Transformation (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.