Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,177 members, 7,860,230 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:02 AM

After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. (3589 Views)

Tambuwal Probes The “Abduction” Of Patience Paul In Sokoto / Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters / French Boko-Haram Hostage Escapes In Zaria On Okada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 02, 2013
The Boko Haram menace skyrocketed my country's homicide rate.. but yours *SA* is something else, y'all need prayers ... The bad nigerians would rather 419 to murder and theft.. Not that I support 419 though.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 9:07am On Mar 02, 2013
solomon111: so how do you get near-accurate report,if not through the govt?

You don't. There are oginastions that can give estimation but they need data. And governments are the one with the data for crime. Other things like the economy is easier
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 9:11am On Mar 02, 2013
sheyie2007: The Boko Haram menace skyrocketed my country's homicide rate.. but yours *SA* is something else, y'all need prayers ... The bad nigerians would rather 419 to murder and theft.. Not that I support 419 though.

your source was incomplete for Nigeria embarassed
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 02, 2013
andrewza:

your source was incomplete for Nigeria embarassed
It seems you know too much ne?... smh
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 9:29am On Mar 02, 2013
sheyie2007:
It seems you know too much ne?... smh

it did not show all crimes.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by StevenJay01(m): 9:34am On Mar 02, 2013
Y in d world wud u engage ursef wit an intellectually bereft individual frm a poverty infested country which more dan abundantly blessed wit irrelevant leadership.Ovapopulated with idiots,Zombies and intellectual liliputans.U don't want to knw ur mates again abiU camer...don't even knw hw to spell d damn country
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by solomon111(m): 9:40am On Mar 02, 2013
andrewza:

it did not show all crimes.
pls can i ask you a question.
1)How many units of the swedish saab gripens do you have?
2)I was told the SU-25 will destroy both the F-16 and saab gripens.
How true is it?
3)does SA have any other fighter jets we don't know about?
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by solomon111(m): 9:55am On Mar 02, 2013
This question is for everybody.
Is the SU-25 better than the F-16 and saab gripeens.?
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 10:10am On Mar 02, 2013
solomon111: pls can i ask you a question.
1)How many units of the swedish saab gripens do you have?
2)I was told the SU-25 will destroy both the F-16 and saab gripens.
How true is it?
3)does SA have any other fighter jets we don't know about?

do you mean SU-35
if the pilots and similar training and on a level playing field. f16 loose to both and the SU 35 will have a strong edge on the gripen. The gripen is smaller and a harder target to hit and lock on to but that is it. For the rest the SU-35 is faster, better climb rate, has monverbil, carry more weapons, got has good a radar basically it is better. It all so cost a lot more and maintenance is a lot more.

note that is for the SU-35 russian spec not the older model SU 27 witch though on paper is good has not got has good avionics and ECW/ECM. It would still kill a F16 but a grippen may give it a hard time. Could still win though. The SU 27 also cost more and is heavy on maintenance

The gripen is our main fighter air craft with Hawks providing light ground attack. The hawks do have AAMs and can deffend them selfs

there may be a few cheats, mirage F1 and 3s but all out of serves and up for sale.

Now when you go specific air craft from each county it changes. SAAF gripines use better ECW/ECM systems than any sub ahara African air force and uses 5gen AAMs gives them a edge.

looking at the African countries that operate SU27 the total number of SU27 in Africa is only 24

7 for Angola
8 for Eritrea
11 for Ethiopia

so the gripen is a good choice since Angola is a ally and the others are far away and more liky to shoot each than any thing else
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 02, 2013
solomon111: This question is for everybody.
Is the SU-25 better than the F-16 and saab gripeens.?
The f16 is better in speed, weapons and radar
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 10:17am On Mar 02, 2013
sheyie2007:
The f16 is better in speed, weapons and radar

f16
speed 2410kmph(with no weapons), 11 hard points

SU35
speed 2390kmph 14 hard points

Has for radar the SU 35s is a lot better.

has for the missiles there is no difference, Actually Russia has a lot more options
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 10:20am On Mar 02, 2013
to fully under stand why the SU 37 is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w64XFQlZi0
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 02, 2013
@cameroon pride, the report about nigerian military personnel extorting money from individuals is categorically false and a baseless lie. However I do have to admit, that the nigerian police over the past years has shown un professionalism in their work. True. I'm sorry to hear about the plight of your fellow country men in nigeria, however, this nation is not under governed or under-policed. Like we have seen many times boko-haram or ansaru cannot hold territory, not even in their wildest dreams, they engage in drive by shooting and then disappear into the population or over the border and into the mountains of southern Cameroon.

How then do we solve the problem.

The military in nigeria has in most parts been highly successful in weakening the group, many operations carried out have been really successes, however the border nations have to come on board. Paul biya and your cameroun have gross negligence and down right mistrust, and have been unwilling to come on board, cameroun considers nigeria to be imperalistic nation and would rather watch and be glad that the problem consumes nigeria, but this has proven to be "a shot in the foot" of cameroun as the militants who are escaping the heat in nigeria flee across our porous borders and into cameroun/ chad/ niger. "Mamman nur", who was responsible for the UN bombing is infact camerounian.

It is in camerouns best interest to join the fight and cease to play 'lip service' and stop her 'cat and mouse' game. As at the end of the day, these terrorists would always flee across the border to either niger, chad or cameroun.

Ps, nigerians in bakassi are not upto 500,000, so stop your over exaggerated figure of 4 million.

@andrewza, it is true that nigeria has pirate problems in the south and terrorists in 3 states in the north, but let's look at south africa, filled with paedophiles *fu*ck*ng and ra**p-ng 10 years old girls to their death, millions of murderers who do not only want to rob you, but rob you and also kill you, corruption and a white population, trigger happy and ready to send their girlfriends to the other side. Like "oscar pistol pistorious", and then come out with the "lamest" excuse of, " I thought she was a cat".

1 Like

Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 10:28am On Mar 02, 2013
Henry120: @cameroon pride, the report about nigerian military personnel extorting money from individuals is categorically false and a baseless lie. However I do have to admit, that the nigerian police over the past years has shown un professionalism in their work. True. I'm sorry to hear about the plight of your fellow country men in nigeria, however, this nation is not under governed or under-policed. Like we have seen many times boko-haram or ansaru cannot hold territory, not even in their wildest dreams, they engage in drive by shooting and then disappear into the population or over the border and into the mountains of southern Cameroon.

The military in nigeria has in most parts been highly successful in weakening the group, many operations carried out have been really successes, however the border nations have to come on board. Paul biya and your cameroun have gross negligence and down right mistrust, and have been unwilling to come on board, cameroun considers nigeria to be imperalistic nation and would rather watch and be glad that the problem consumes nigeria, but this has proven to be "a shot in the foot" of cameroun as the militants who are escaping the heat in nigeria flee across our porous borders and into cameroun/ chad/ niger. "Mamman nur", who was responsible for the UN bombing is infact camerounian.

It is in camerouns best interest to join the fight and cease to play 'lip service' and stop her 'cat and mouse' game. As at the end of the day, these terrorists would always flee across the border to either niger, chad or cameroun.

Ps, nigerians in bakassi are not upto 500,000, so stop your over exaggerated figure of 4 million.

@andrewza, it is true that nigeria has pirate problems in the south and terrorists in 3 states in the north, but let's look at south africa, filled with paedophiles *fu*ck*ng and ra**p-ng 10 years old girls to their death, millions of murderers who do not only want to rob you, but rob you and also kill you, corruption and a white population, trigger happy and ready to send their girlfriends to the other side. Like "oscar pistol pistorious", and then come out with the "lamest" excuse of, " I thought she was a cat".

many of whom are Nigerian. Millions really, it not even 1 million, most murders are between peole who know each other not strangers, Corruption really you should not bother to talk about other countries corruption ever, your point, your point, your point, when did he say that.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Dibiachukwu: 11:33am On Mar 02, 2013
andrewza:

No that is a not true. There are 500 000 nigerians in SA and about 10% are bad if the remianing 90% are all intelects (they not) it would not dent our higher educated population doing reshearch.

Any case I was talking about the country not the people.

Nigeria has terroist up north, pirats down south and coruption all over.
This dude has a masterS degree in Naija affairs. Congratulation dude! LOL such a decent coverage.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by blesszzy(m): 11:53am On Mar 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: there are thousand in Nigeria so? We saw how it prevents the bombings so far? Never heard about CDs and DVD?,na nigga we ain't complaining ....stop killing your brain with Hollywood-Jewish propaganda.
Having said that we have cultural center. You can check what is "Ecrant noir" we ain't Yankee wannabe yo
We rep Cameroon and Africa first no no not those rituals oriented nollywood movies

atleast u do watch them tongue
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 02, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
This dude has a masterS degree in Naija affairs. Congratulation dude! LOL such a decent coverage.
Lol
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by solomon111(m): 12:10pm On Mar 02, 2013
andrewza:

do you mean SU-35
if the pilots and similar training and on a level playing field. f16 loose to both and the SU 35 will have a strong edge on the gripen. The gripen is smaller and a harder target to hit and lock on to but that is it. For the rest the SU-35 is faster, better climb rate, has monverbil, carry more weapons, got has good a radar basically it is better. It all so cost a lot more and maintenance is a lot more.

note that is for the SU-35 russian spec not the older model SU 27 witch though on paper is good has not got has good avionics and ECW/ECM. It would still kill a F16 but a grippen may give it a hard time. Could still win though. The SU 27 also cost more and is heavy on maintenance

The gripen is our main fighter air craft with Hawks providing light ground attack. The hawks do have AAMs and can deffend them selfs

there may be a few cheats, mirage F1 and 3s but all out of serves and up for sale.

Now when you go specific air craft from each county it changes. SAAF gripines use better ECW/ECM systems than any sub ahara African air force and uses 5gen AAMs gives them a edge.

looking at the African countries that operate SU27 the total number of SU27 in Africa is only 24

7 for Angola
8 for Eritrea
11 for Ethiopia

so the gripen is a good choice since Angola is a ally and the others are far away and more liky to shoot each than any thing else

andrewza: to fully under stand why the SU 37 is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w64XFQlZi0
I heard a rumour from a fairly authoritative source that Nigeria is about to purchase 18 units of 97%brand-new SU-27 from russia at a price of $180million.
What a bargain that will be.
With our F-7 jets and hopefully SU-27 jets,we will rule the african air-space.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by solomon111(m): 12:15pm On Mar 02, 2013
@andrewza
who do you think will buy the f-3 in this day and age?.
Even the f-7 is archaic.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 12:16pm On Mar 02, 2013
solomon111: I heard a rumour from a fairly authoritative source that Nigeria is about to purchase 18 units of 97%brand-new SU-27 from russia at a price of $180million.
What a bargain that will be.
With our F-7 jets and hopefully SU-27 jets,we will rule the african air-space.

18 su 27 will be a big boost to your air force. i wont say rule but be a big force.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
solomon111: @andrewza
who do you think will buy the f-3 in this day and age?.
Even the f-7 is archaic.

For real That would be a major boost for our airforce oh. ***dancing alingo***

How certain are you? How authoritative is your source? I only know we showed interest in the sino-pak multi-role JF-17thunder fighter. Infact the pak's brought in a couple for evaluation during last year airforce air expo.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 02, 2013
Definitely, if we can get 18units of SU-27, another 12units of JF-17 thunder, our 13units of F-7 and our upgraded alpha jets, we would definitely rule african skies. The SU-30mki would not have been a bad choice though. All in all great news, if it's true. We have already placed orders for 9 MI-171sh terminator attack helos from russia, we have another 6 of a different variant on order. Our 3 up graded C-130's H stretch variant would come in later this month. 3 c-130's of which 2 are in mali and one is on permanent presidential duties ( flying the president's car and other logistics) are in service. So in total 6 C-130's in service by the end of this month.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
Henry120: Definitely, if we can get 18units of SU-27, another 12units of JF-17 thunder, our 13units of F-7 and our upgraded alpha jets, we would definitely rule african skies. The SU-30mki would not have been a bad choice though. All in all great news, if it's true. We have already placed orders for 9 MI-171sh terminator attack helos from russia, we have another 6 of a different variant on order. Our 3 up graded C-130's H stretch variant would come in later this month. 3 c-130's of which 2 are in mali and one is on permanent presidential duties ( flying the president's car and other logistics) are in service. So in total 6 C-130's in service by the end of this month.

why would you get both SU27 and JF17 they in the same role. Is your deffense budget going to be increased because both the SU and JF are heavy on maintenance.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2013
andrewza:

why would you get both SU27 and JF17 they in the same role. Is your deffense budget going to be increased because both the SU and JF are heavy on maintenance.

Even if we get 1 of the two, say, 24 SU-27's, that would be a massive boost for the airforce. Then throw in 12 YAK-130 light attack. Damn, we would surely be good to go.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 1:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
Henry120:

Even if we get 1 of the two, say, 24 SU-27's, that would be a massive boost for the airforce. Then throw in 12 YAK-130 light attack. Damn, we would surely be good to go.

that would be a good buy. The yak 130 would be a good alpha jet replacement.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by solomon111(m): 2:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
Henry120:

For real That would be a major boost for our airforce oh. ***dancing alingo***

How certain are you? How authoritative is your source? I only know we showed interest in the sino-pak multi-role JF-17thunder fighter. Infact the pak's brought in a couple for evaluation during last year airforce air expo.
I heard it from a friend in the air-force.
He said that though Nigeria were still interested in the jf-17 thunder,they are thinking of buying the SU-27 instead.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 02, 2013
solomon111: I heard it from a friend in the air-force.
He said that though Nigeria were still interested in the jf-17 thunder,they are thinking of buying the SU-27 instead.

Screw the thunder, it's a good multi-role jet though, but if we can get 24 SU-27's instead, then, this would be the best news I've heard all year.

The first thing, would be for us to invade south africa with all 24 jets, bomb @andrewZA, syndergp, dictatorzar and the rest of their south african crew.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
Henry120:

Screw the thunder, it's a good multi-role jet though, but if we can get 24 SU-27's instead, then, this would be the best news I've heard all year.

The first thing, would be for us to invade south africa with all 24 jets, bomb @andrewZA, syndergp, dictatorzar and the rest of their south african crew.

You can try
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
oo gawd they brought there military talk here shocked shocked
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
Henry120: @cameroon pride, the report about nigerian military personnel extorting money from individuals is categorically false and a baseless lie. However I do have to admit, that the nigerian police over the past years has shown un professionalism in their work. True. I'm sorry to hear about the plight of your fellow country men in nigeria, however, this nation is not under governed or under-policed. Like we have seen many times boko-haram or ansaru cannot hold territory, not even in their wildest dreams, they engage in drive by shooting and then disappear into the population or over the border and into the mountains of southern Cameroon.

you talked sense but get you aCT straight.there are 4millions Nigerians in Cameroon and this is your biggest Diaspora. you can check before calling me a liar.thank u
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by andrewza: 4:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: oo gawd they brought there military talk here shocked shocked

Yes we have.
Re: After The Abduction Of The French: Boko Haram Threatens Cameroonian Students. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 02, 2013
Steven Jay01: Y in d world wud u engage ursef wit an intellectually bereft individual frm a poverty infested country which more dan abundantly blessed wit irrelevant leadership.Ovapopulated with idiots,Zombies and intellectual liliputans.U don't want to knw ur mates again abiU camer...don't even knw hw to spell d damn country
damn nigga that looks like naija grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OMG! Funny Stuff: PDP In Anambra- Umbrella And Floods / 'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? / Woman Dies In Governor’s Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.