Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,570 members, 7,812,842 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome (15824 Views)

Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals / DIVINE PROPHECIES AT GOD CARDINALS MINISTRY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by drchingy: 10:06am On Mar 03, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][left][/left][s][/s]
thelastPope: Neither Peter nor any of the apostles were catholic. They were actually hunted and killed by the catholics/romans. Emperor Nero was the first pope. He merged the church and state to destroy christianity. The catholics only claim peter was the first pope to try and give it legitimacy. During the early reign of the catholic church, it was a crime punishable by death to read the scriptures. You were only permitted to read the cathecism. Martin luther was the first to translate the scriptures for public consumtion. The disciples and apostles were hounded for centuries by the catholic church. The history is there in the open.

Source plz?or are u just confabulating
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 03, 2013
I so much love the Catholic Church. They are full of history and traditions, handed down over 2000 years ago. Catholic Church is the strongest institution ever existed. You just have to admire the way they organise things. It is just awe - inspiring !

They have endured alot of controversy and still does, but they have consistently emerged stronger each time. Any institution build on falsehoods is bound to collapse and this why the Holy Mother Church have continued to wax stronger from glory to glory and from strength to strength.

May God and the Holy Spirit continue to protect His church and make her to overcome all her adversities as before and grant the College of The Cardinals the supreme ability to elect the Supreme Pontiff, the Successor Of Peter, the Bishop of Rome and the Servant of the Servants of the Lord to continue to lead the Church and her faithful in the Supreme target of salvation .Amen!

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 10:13am On Mar 03, 2013
ijawkid:

Did I just see you post peter as the first pope??...permit me to ask which peter.....was it the peter that was with Jesus and the other apostles or some other anonymous peter??............did the apostles or the scriptures mention any fellow like LINUS the purported successor of peter??....abeg make ona help me o........
yes u saw peter, and yes linus is mentioned in the bible.
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 03, 2013
It's just so hard for me to believe what i just read and what i just saw in profile...

Unbelievable
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 10:15am On Mar 03, 2013
metti:

Why do you ask Mary to pray and hear your prayers? The Bible says there is only one mediator between man and God, Jesus Christ.
pls who ask mary to hear his prayers??
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Fantacy1(m): 10:17am On Mar 03, 2013
free2ryhme: Jesus I know .. please who is the pope again
Jesus I know, Peter I knw...who ar u? Peter is recognized (by Devil) next 2 Christ and hapen 2 be d 1st Pope wit oda Popes as his successor. Hope I asnwered ur question?
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by metti(m): 10:19am On Mar 03, 2013
Ubenedictus: pls who ask mary to hear his prayers??
Ask your church!
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 10:22am On Mar 03, 2013
okpara ugo:

And they havent shown me a verse of the bible which supports honouring mary.

Jesus told peter to feed his sheep b4 goin to heaven but never called him pope so i dont have any problem with that.

For me, the most important thing is to make heaven and hear Christ say to me ''well done thou good and faithful servant'' and not all these religiousity.
luke says: "from henceforth all generation shall call me blessed". that verse support honoring mary.
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by hurricaneChris: 10:25am On Mar 03, 2013
Benedictio Domine tibi mater ecclessia.... God's blessings be with mother of the church
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 10:26am On Mar 03, 2013
okpara ugo:

This linus, was he the bishop at Rome, because at this time paul wrote 2nd timothy, timothy was Bishop of the Ephesians.

Why was it rome that killed Paul? Was the church in Rome under persecution from Nero or they supported Paul's death?
rome also killed peter, that doesnt mean d xtian supported his death. the church was under persecution.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 03, 2013
heisenberg33:

Honor to Mary
Mary n nt Jesus? Smh.
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by SmarisAjur(f): 10:31am On Mar 03, 2013
I cant wait to see three popes in my life time. Let the conclave begin. catholic till i die. even if i marry a non catholic it will make no difference. I'M STILL A ROMAN CATHOLIC.

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 03, 2013
Fantacy1:
Jesus I know, Peter I knw...who ar u? Peter is recognized (by Devil) next 2 Christ and hapen 2 be d 1st Pope wit oda Popes as his successor. Hope I asnwered ur question?
where in d bible did satan recognize peter as sucessor 2 Christ?
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by thelastPope(m): 10:33am On Mar 03, 2013
anoliefo2: Please if you dont understand something, ask for clarification and pray for understanding.
1. The catholics DO NOT worship Mary, they give her honour because even if God would have selected any other woman,but He chose her. God has a reason for doing that. The virgin Mary intercedes on their behalf. They dont pray through her, they ask her to intercede, which means in lay man words means 'abeg join me in asking'
2. some ask, why do they bow down to a statue of Jesus, well Why do legislators bow down to the mace, or why do you bow down when u greet an elder, you do that out of reverence and respect for what the symbol stands for.
3. why do they pray through Mary? Catholics can pray to Jesus directly if they want to do that, its between you and God. but why do you go and ask a mother for favour from her son, because you know a son would not deny his mother a request. you can go directly to the son and ask if you so choose. I repeat, 'they dont pray through Mary', they ask her to intercede in their prayer.
4. the catholic church is not the oldest church, but its the oldest order that believes in the supremacy of Jesus Christ.
5. And yes, St peter was the first Head (not Pope) of the church that later evolved to the catholic church.

so please try not to criticize what you dont really understand

The bible right from the old testament was very explicit on bowing down to graven images. It is not negotiable. It is an abomination. God specificaly warned the Jews not to use any form of physical image to represent him. Any image used as a representation of God is an idol. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship him in spirit and in truth John 4.

Mary is not mother of God. She was mother of the man Jesus Christ on earth. There is nothing like mother of God in heaven. That is why Jesus refered to her as woman on the cross. the term mother of God is from the babylonian worship of nimrod and Semiramis also refered to as Baal and Ashteroth. Nimrod married his mother semiramis and proclaimed himself God. Semiramis proclaimed herself queen of heaven and mother of God. A title she was always refered to throughout history. The name changed as kingdoms overthrew kingdoms but the concept didn't change. During the roman empire's transformation to christianity, they introduced the same thing and made Jesus nimrod and Mary became semiramis. That is why they always use pictures of baby Jesus being cuddled by his mother mary. Jesus is not a little kid any more. He is king of kings and Lord of Lords.

Peter was never the bishop of rome. Peter never visited rome. Peter never preached to the gentiles. He was an apostle to the jews. Paul had to rebuke him once because he refused to eat with the gentiles. Paul was the apostle to the gentiles and was the one that took the gospel to rome and establish it there. Peter was the head of the believers in Jerusalem, not rome. So he could neither have been the bishop of rome or the first pope.

This is not a critisicm. It is simply putting the records straight.

5 Likes

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 10:34am On Mar 03, 2013
thelastPope: Neither Peter nor any of the apostles were catholic. They were actually hunted and killed by the catholics/romans. Emperor Nero was the first pope. He merged the church and state to destroy christianity. The catholics only claim peter was the first pope to try and give it legitimacy. During the early reign of the catholic church, it was a crime punishable by death to read the scriptures. You were only permitted to read the cathecism. Martin luther was the first to translate the scriptures for public consumtion. The disciples and apostles were hounded for centuries by the catholic church. The history is there in the open.
were u blind when chukwudi gave a document dating 175ad showing d names of pope till then? yet u claim nero was a pope. secondly no one prohibited anyone from reading the bible that is a myth.
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Chimacks(f): 10:37am On Mar 03, 2013
[quote
author=blocker] Thank you for your concern we venerate Mary just like
you call your vicar venerable, we honour her just as your refer to your
politicians as honourables but we worship God the father, God the Son
and God the holy Spirit. We have been doing that for over 2000 years so
your hatred for it or your lack of understanding can never prevail
against the Church till the ends of time because of Christ's commission
to Peter "Upon this rock I will build my Church and the gates of hell
will not prevail against it". [/quote] God bless u!
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 10:38am On Mar 03, 2013
thelastPope:

The pope is he emperor of the roman empire who woke up one day and claimed he is now the head of the church. Jesus nor his disciples never created such a position. No one can take the place of Christ. He is the head and everyone else who have received him as Lord and savior is a member of the body. You are free to believe what you believe but it is not from Jesus or Peter or any of the apostles. Nero was the first pope.
why not provide historical proof? if ur claim has any sense then u shuld provide proof.
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by metti(m): 10:39am On Mar 03, 2013
Ubenedictus: my bible says give honor to whom honor is due.

Does giving honor involves asking Mary to pray for u? Does it involves going about with the image of Mary? A clear case of idolatry!!!!
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by thelastPope(m): 10:42am On Mar 03, 2013
dr chingy: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][left][/left][s][/s]

Source plz?or are u just confabulating

Where do you want me to start from?

Moreover if you read the books of acts and the whole of the new testament, the facts are clear. For example, Peter never lived in rome nor did he preside over the church in rome. He was not bishop of rome and therefore not the first pope. Peter only preached to the jews. Gal 2:7-8
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 10:43am On Mar 03, 2013
metti:

Where is it in the Bible that Mary should pray for you?
The Bible say if you are sick or in need of prayers you can seek the help of Prophets. Where is yours written?
By the way how can a dead person pray for you??
prophets?? where did u get that from??
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by metti(m): 10:51am On Mar 03, 2013
Ubenedictus: prophets?? where did u get that from??

Prophets or pastors whatever! Answer my question, can a dead person pray for you shocked
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 10:52am On Mar 03, 2013
everyone be warned, this thread concerns pope and conclave, it has no business with accusation of mary, defence of mary or the accusation on idolatry. those who wish to discuss idolatry should open a thread of their own. i do not take derailing my thread lightly.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by blocker: 10:53am On Mar 03, 2013
ijawkid:

Did I just see you post peter as the first pope??...permit me to ask which peter.....was it the peter that was with Jesus and the other apostles or some other anonymous peter??............did the apostles or the scriptures mention any fellow like LINUS the purported successor of peter??....abeg make ona help me o........
. It is one and the same Peter there is no dispute to that fact both by Catholic and Protestant historians. The only dispute btw Catholics and Protestants is doctrinal not the history.Even ST. John the last apostle to die was the Bishop of Ephesus at the time of Pope Anacletus, and recognised his position as the successor of St.Peter.Even in the bible you do not find instructions on Christmas, 25th December, Easter and many other things christians hold dear. Jesus never implied that all he stood for can be learnt from the bible (compiled over 300 years after his death)if not why did he establish a Church to to teach it while promising that the gates of hell will not prevail against it?

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by thelastPope(m): 10:54am On Mar 03, 2013
Ubenedictus: were u blind when chukwudi gave a document dating 175ad showing d names of pope till then? yet u claim nero was a pope. secondly no one prohibited anyone from reading the bible that is a myth.

You mean a list from the roman catholic? Is the list from the bible? Was there any such reference from the bible? Were christians ever leaders in society or people hunted because of their beliefs?

The dark ages ended with the renaisance which was heavily triggered by martin luther's translation of portions of the bible to the german language. That isn't myth. It is fact. It was a crime to read the scriptures during those dark ages of history. It was a sin against the roman catholic institution to print the bible. King james printed the bible in total defiance to the roman catholic with the help of the puritans. These are historical facts you can't fault no matter how much you try. Martin luther was dealt with for writing his 99 thesis and standing against rome which caused a big riot in germany that spread accross Europe. That was the begining of the renaisance. Christians were murdered and hunted for centuries by rome. The spanish inquisition and many other crusades litter history. You want me to go on?

I am not necessarily against you practising your roman catholic religion but you equate it to the same thing handed over by the Lord Jesus when it is not. Most of what you practise is direct opposite of scriptures. But you are free to do your thing.

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 10:56am On Mar 03, 2013
metti:

Prophets or pastors whatever! Answer my question, can a dead person pray for you shocked
if u noticed i just prohibited the above topic on my thread and incase u are bible deficient, in God there is no dead.
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by SmarisAjur(f): 10:58am On Mar 03, 2013
Amen.
[color=#006600][/color]
Johnpaul88: I so much love the Catholic Church. They are full of history and traditions, handed down over 2000 years ago. Catholic Church is the strongest institution ever existed. You just have to admire the way they organise things. It is just awe - inspiring !

They have endured alot of controversy and still does, but they have consistently emerged stronger each time. Any institution build on falsehoods is bound to collapse and this why the Holy Mother Church have continued to wax stronger from glory to glory and from strength to strength.

May God and the Holy Spirit continue to protect His church and make her to overcome all her adversities as before and grant the College of The Cardinals the supreme ability to elect the Supreme Pontiff, the Successor Of Peter, the Bishop of Rome and the Servant of the Servants of the Lord to continue to lead the Church and her faithful in the Supreme target of salvation .Amen!
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by IKO1(m): 11:02am On Mar 03, 2013
2sa2: The problem i have with catholic church is that they make a statute of Mary and worship it, when the bible is clearly against that. They tell mary to pray for them, pure idolatory. May God open their eyes.
but you protestant make the statue of your G. O and worship why?
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 11:03am On Mar 03, 2013
thelastPope:

You mean a list from the roman catholic? Is the list from the bible? Was there any such reference from the bible? Were christians ever leaders in society or people hunted because of their beliefs?

The dark ages ended with the renaisance which was heavily triggered by martin luther's translation of portions of the bible to the german language. That isn't myth. It is fact. It was a crime to read the scriptures during those dark ages of history. It was a sin against the roman catholic institution to print the bible. King james printed the bible in total defiance to the roman catholic with the help of the puritans. These are historical facts you can't fault no matter how much you try. Martin luther was dealt with for writing his 99 thesis and standing against rome which caused a big riot in germany that spread accross Europe. That was the begining of the renaisance. Christians were murdered and hunted for centuries by rome. The spanish inquisition and many other crusades litter history. You want me to go on?

I am not necessarily against you practising your roman catholic religion but you equate it to the same thing handed over by the Lord Jesus when it is not. Most of what you practise is direct opposite of scriptures. But you are free to do your thing.
u havent provided a single proof. u are just making niose. nero was never a xtian talkless of pope.
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by thelastPope(m): 11:04am On Mar 03, 2013
Ubenedictus: everyone be warned, this thread concerns pope and conclave, it has no business with accusation of mary, defence of mary or the accusation on idolatry. those who wish to discuss idolatry should open a thread of their own. i do not take derailing my thread lightly.

I will leave you to enjoy your thread, not because of your empty threats since this is a public forum, but so you can enjoy your euphoria. lol. Just try and read your bible to find out the truth for yourself, not something you are told.
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 03, 2013
blocker: Thank you for your concern we venerate Mary just like you call your vicar venerable, we honour her just as your refer to your politicians as honourables but we worship God the father, God the Son and God the holy Spirit. We have been doing that for over 2000 years so your hatred for it or your lack of understanding can never prevail against the Church till the ends of time because of Christ's commission to Peter "Upon this rock I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it".
I think it is high time we stopped arguing with these Pentecostal people. Let them continue wallowing in their lack of knowledge and gullibility.
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 03, 2013
[quote author=omowolewa][/quote]

I think the new Pope shall be Pope John Paul III

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4 Things A Christian Should Never Do / Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? / What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.