Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (48306 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2013
Goshen360:

First, correct yourself. It is NOT 'abolish', it is 'destroy'

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. - Mat 5:17 (KJV)

Many people hang on this verse taking the words of Jesus out of context and applying it that the law of Moses continues or we, Christians are still living under the dispensation of Moses. The whole context of Matthew contradict such interpretations.

The word 'destroy' is the Greek word katalyō or Kataluo that means to dissolve, disunite what has been joined together. Hence, what that context means is this,

Think not that I am come to DISSOLVE\DISUNITE the law, or the prophets: I am not come to DISSOLVE\DISUNITE, but to FULFILL. The word 'fulfill' is the Greek word plēroō and it means,

1) to make full, to fill up, i.e. to fill to the full
a) to cause to abound, to furnish or supply liberally
1) I abound, I am liberally supplied
2) to render full, i.e. to complete
a) to fill to the top: so that nothing shall be wanting to full measure, fill to the brim
b) to consummate: a number
1) to make complete in every particular, to render perfect
2) to carry through to the end, to accomplish, carry out, (some undertaking)
c) to carry into effect, bring to realisation, realise
1) of matters of duty: to perform, execute
2) of sayings, promises, prophecies, to bring to pass, ratify, accomplish
3) to fulfill, i.e. to cause God's will (as made known in the law) to be obeyed as it should be, and God's promises (given through the prophets) to receive fulfillment

Hence, we understand that without Christ, the law of Moses is NOT complete or perfect for the purpose of the law was to bring the Jews to Christ. Now, that Christ has come, the law is fulfilled, perfected and completed. Therefore, it is consistent with other scriptures such as,

New International Version (©1984)
Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
New Living Translation (©2007)
For Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God.
English Standard Version (©2001)
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. - Romans 10:4

You can only pull wool over your blind followers. Why didn't you quote the whole context before running away with your private interpretation?

Here is the context in which our Lord Jesus was speaking and you will do well to read it.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven"
(Matthew 5:17-19).

The underlined verses are what you deliberately left out so as to bamboozle folks who would not or cannot read it for themselves. Would you care to elucidate on these?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by esere826: 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2013
grin

Let me join in the folly/wisdom/market/argument/whatever. My body dey scratch me

Two tithe 'categories' are presented in the bible
One was before the law, and the other was in the law

One was given by man, the other was requested by God
The law ran its course in some of our lives, and is therefore swept away, together with the tithing requested by God. They are FINISHED

One type of tithe therefore remains.
It is not requested by God, but has been offered by man to man like Abraham did
This tithe does not follow any rules of say pay every month, etc or that you are robbing God and so not being blessed

It is what we have chosen to give out of what he gives to us. This has no rules, its between you and your God
wink

5 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

I know that you don't believe in the Holy Trinity just as you don't believe in tithes and offerings. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are the Personalities in the godhead.

(John 16:13-15).

Can you see members of the Godhead bolded in the verses quoted up there? Do you see that the Holy Spirit is a Person just as our Lord Jesus Christ and the Father are? These three are One God.

Do you know what it means to be the only begotten Son of God? I know you erroneously believe that Jesus Christ is only human like you and me but read the verses I quoted above to correct your heretical beliefs.

Only God can help you, call on Him before it's too late.
wetin this one get to do with tithe scamming?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
"Team tithe'' substitute Bidam for OLAADEGBU due to exhaustion.

"anti-tithe team" still waxing strong due to well quoted verses and support from the holy spirit.

-COMMENTATOR

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by esere826: 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2013
ahahahaahahah

and for those that want to divide God into 3 persons by force
or the others that want to force him by fire by fire to be one

It means nothing to him, only to you
We speak with words and imagery of men, which are not yet perfected
(For example is God a man with a pipi? shocked)

Common guys, just relax and have a glass of SPIRIT cheesy
We've got a long journey ahead of us

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2013
frosbel:

The Babylon Catholic Church initiated the Trinity which is nowhere found in scripture , and your cult teaches the same heresy.

Because of your trinity idol, thousands of Christians have lost their lives to the sword.

God is ONE.

I know that you are paranoid about the RCC and you cannot think outside the box. Should I be led to believe that all your followers here share your beliefs with you?

frosbel:

Engage your brain and think, stop quoting man made traditions back to me. You think God is some hydra-headed being , I say Nay , he ONE, Yahweh is not a MAN, cannot DIE and cannot be tempted.

Even the demons know more than you on this matter, what a shame.

So you are having problems with me quoting Scriptures abi? The moment you allow the Holy Spirit to santify your physical senses is the time you will be able to use your spiritual eyes to see what is written in the Scriptures, so that you can see with the eyes of eternity.

frosbel:

Jesus Christ is the Son of God , he never called himself GOD, that's a figment of your warped imagination.

Let's hear Peter :

"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ." - Mark 8:29

Peter called Jesus the Son of GOD , Christ and Messiah, don't you think this was a good time to call him GOD.

You still haven't answered my question. I asked: Do you know what it means to be the only begotten Son of God? and Do you think He is only human like you and me?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You can only pull wool over your blind followers. Why didn't you quote the whole context before running away with your private interpretation?

Here is the context in which our Lord Jesus was speaking and you will do well to read it.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven"

The underlined verses are what you deliberately left out so as to bamboozle folks who would not or cannot read it for themselves. Would you care to elucidate on these?

@OLADEEGBU, since you brought this up it will be righteous of you to tell us if you keep 4,only 4 out of the 613 commadments contained in the old testament.when you tell us maybe we can proceed from there.the commandments are

1.SABBATH Ex 20:8-11.see punishment for disobeying in Ex 31:15
2.Bodily discharge e.g seminal fluid Lev 15:16
3.One fruit per farm Deut 22:9
4.One material per garment Deut 22:11

Since you believe we are meant to keep all the 613 laws,do you keep these 4?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by MissOpe(f): 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
Goshen360: @ Miss Ope, I got your email but my reply isn't delivering.

Was wandering wat went wrong... U can email me directly on Lydiabalogun@gmail.com Tanx.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by esere826: 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You still haven't answered my question. I asked: Do you know what it means to be the only begotten Son of God? and Do you think He is only human like you and me?

Make I help answer the kweshion

He is indeed like you and me. That was what it was all about abi?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 3:55pm On Mar 05, 2013
esere826: ahahahaahahah

and for those that want to divide God into 3 persons by force
or the others that want to force him by fire by fire to be one

It means nothing to him, only to you
We speak with words and imagery of men, which are not yet perfected
(For example is God a man with a pipi? shocked)

Common guys, just relax and have a glass of SPIRIT cheesy
We've got a long journey ahead of us

I think i like this brother and his posts grin
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

i know say na only £ €$ ¥ naira u de see for bible, pls look for "TILL ALL BE FULFILLED in that portion u quoted. Thats what the cross achieved..
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
Candour:

@OLADEEGBU, since you brought this up it will be righteous of you to tell us if you keep 4,only 4 out of the 613 commadments contained in the old testament.when you tell us maybe we can proceed from there.the commandments are

1.SABBATH Ex 20:8-11.see punishment for disobeying in Ex 31:15
2.Bodily discharge e.g seminal fluid Lev 15:16
3.One fruit per farm Deut 22:9
4.One material per garment Deut 22:11

Since you believe we are meant to keep all the 613 laws,do you keep these 4?

Before I answer your sanctimonious question can you help your brothers out in answering the kweshun I asked them? The kweshun was:

What laws, commandments and statutes did Abraham keep? cool

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 4:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Before I answer your sanctimonious question can you help your brothers out in answering the kweshun I asked them? The kweshun was:

Non.All his righteousness was based on faith. Gen 15:6

Now will you answer mine?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 05, 2013
JIL:

The other day, he posted Psalm 23 to justify tithing. grin grin grin

Nothing person no go hear from these bible twisters.
LIAR....show me where i did that or forever be silent in this forum.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by esere826: 4:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
OLAADEGBU:
The kweshun was:

The one on
"go into the world and multiply"

After trying hard with Sarah for a baby, he jigiied his houselp and scored
then returened to Sarah to continue from where he stopped
When Madam Sarah died, and he realised that the anointing for multiplication was still on him,
he took another wife and continued to obey God's statutes on multiplication

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
esere826:

Make I help answer the kweshion

He is indeed like you and me. That was what it was all about abi?

Lo ba tan! shocked

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2013
^^^^

There is nobody in HELL !
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2013
Miss Ope:

Shut up ur mouth Bidam... Some people liked Jesus during his Era.... The 11 disciples did.... After all d bible said Many are called but few are chosen... Where are d few to like ur post....? Nobody Whc simply means everything u've being saying are fallacies...btw stop quoting people's text... Olodo.
"wantons of widow hood" i am not suprised you stuck to this thread like a moth to flame..paul already gave timothy an antidote to you and your likes...MISS OPE..what a revelation in that name alone.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

There is nobody in HELL !

Another heresy from the pit of hell.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by 9icetoo(m): 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
buchostags: op u just dnt have a clue wht givin is all bout...thrz d thnksgivn u give to God...tithe u giv for d up keep of d haus...prophetic offrin u giv to me of God...project ofrin for projects...welfare ofrin to less privies...so u cn now sort out ur sef n stop makin a fuul of yasef

WHAT shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin,
Ariel and klin at work here.
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
Miss Ope:

Was wandering wat went wrong... U can email me directly on Lydiabalogun@gmail.com Tanx.
hmmmn..dispensation of grace indeed..notin person no go see for nairaland.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by esere826: 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Another heresy from the pit of hell.
I was enjoying my cool icecream when this topic came up
I'll have to move away. Don't want my icecream melted by the 'heat' of the argument

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 4:23pm On Mar 05, 2013
@OLADEEGBU, I answered your question which was a response to my own question 4 mins after you posted.

I still await your answer my Brother
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

trust goshen that's his minstry.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 05, 2013
Segeggs: "Team tithe'' substitute Bidam for OLAADEGBU due to exhaustion.

"anti-tithe team" still waxing strong due to well quoted verses and support from the holy spirit.

-COMMENTATOR
far from it, i can do ALL THINGS through Christ who gives me STRENGTH."We demolish arguments and every pretension
that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to
make it obedient to Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:5).
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by esere826: 4:32pm On Mar 05, 2013
Sweet jeez
Now we know what happened to the disciples/apostles etc
how they must have argued and argued about what they think they read, saw, heard and received
and wait a minute, yes.... wait a minute

after they must have argued, they took their pens and wrote down what we now know as the gospel
Chei!!!
And ensured we carried on with their arguments

mmmmhhhhh
the Paul's, Peter's, John's, Judasses and Martha's replicating themselves till these days
Jesus must have felt really drained by the bickering sometimes
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brainpulse: 4:38pm On Mar 05, 2013
Candour:

Non.All his righteousness was based on faith. Gen 15:6

Now will you answer mine?

How did He know He had to pay One tenth of the spoils, and what law was He obeying, since you guys called it Law?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 4:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
brainpulse:

How did He know He had to pay One tenth of the spoils, and what law was He obeying, since you guys called it Law?

my dear Brother,read all my posts.I'm not in the tithe business camp grin
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 4:41pm On Mar 05, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Why then are you making Abraham tithe A LAW FOR CHRISTIANS IF HE DIDN'T KEEP ANY grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brainpulse: 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
Candour:

my dear Brother,read all my posts.I'm not in the tithe business camp grin
Sorry bro I PAY MY TITHE..... just a question driving somewhere
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
brainpulse:

We NEVER called it a law - we said it was a free will giving not commanded neither based on obeying any law of God because the law was not in effect then. The law was binding, free will is not binding on all.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 4:46pm On Mar 05, 2013
brainpulse:

Abraham was obeying a custom of the middle east.my brother,read up wikipedia article on tithe and you'll understand.however pls don't derail the flow here.OLADEEGBU asked me a question which i replied.i'm still waiting for a reply over 40 mins after.

Kindly let him reply pls.If you want a discourse with me,let me know so we can arrange it

thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply)

Pastors Riot Against Anglican Bishop, Close Down Church In Sapele (Video) / Spell To Become A Mermaid When You Touch Water / Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.