Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (48307 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 07, 2013
alexleo:

You people have your reasons for being against tithe and as far as am concerned it remains your personal opinion and understanding. You dont have any right to claim that it is God-approved because we too have our own biblical quotes to support our stand. If you dont want to give tithe thats your own business but we will continue to give ours. You believe your stand is right and i believe mine is right. While you claim that tithe preachers Lord it over their members by repeatedly preaching it, you also are trying to Lord people into non-tithing. The issue of tithing is quite controversial and when and issue becomes this controversial i resort to the Holy Spirit for guidance. I refuse to be guided by whatever argument that is going on here and choose to be guided by the Holy Spirit.

Don't drag the holy spirit into this filthy lucre tithe gospel.

You cannot please God or buy him with money.

Only a clean heart and humility can please GOD.

God does not bless us because of anything we have done but out of love and his will.

Many of his children who do not believe in this doctrine of demons are prospering on all fronts.

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brilapluz(m): 8:48am On Mar 07, 2013
frosbel:

Don't drag the holy spirit into this filthy lucre tithe gospel.

You cannot please God or buy him with money.

Only a clean heart and humility can please GOD.

God does not bless us because of anything we have done but out of love and his will.

Many of his children who do not believe in this doctrine of demons are prospering on all fronts.
exactly my point!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 8:52am On Mar 07, 2013
alexleo:

You people have your reasons for being against tithe and as far as am concerned it remains your personal opinion and understanding. You dont have any right to claim that it is God-approved because we too have our own biblical quotes to support our stand. If you dont want to give tithe thats your own business but we will continue to give ours. You believe your stand is right and i believe mine is right. While you claim that tithe preachers Lord it over their members by repeatedly preaching it, you also are trying to Lord people into non-tithing. The issue of tithing is quite controversial and when and issue becomes this controversial i resort to the Holy Spirit for guidance. I refuse to be guided by whatever argument that is going on here and choose to be guided by the Holy Spirit.

It would have really been nice if you had been this courteous before.we could disagree without being disagreeable.

No one is trying to lord it over you but it becomes a problem when you quote Mal 3:8-10 to tell me devourers will deal with my finances and forgetting Ex 31:15 that instructs me to stone you to death for not keeping the sabbath.

Tithe was not explained in Mal 3:8-10.The details are in Deut 14:22-29 and the question has always been ''do you practice it as detailed as it's spelt out there? considering the admonition in Deut 27:26 about not missing a step in keeping of the law.

The holy spirit guides me but he doesn't threaten me with failure,death or doom for not keeping a law of Moses.

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by kramer: 9:12am On Mar 07, 2013
alexleo:

You people have your reasons for being against tithe and as far as am concerned it remains your personal opinion and understanding. You dont have any right to claim that it is God-approved because we too have our own biblical quotes to support our stand. If you dont want to give tithe thats your own business but we will continue to give ours. You believe your stand is right and i believe mine is right. While you claim that tithe preachers Lord it over their members by repeatedly preaching it, you also are trying to Lord people into non-tithing. The issue of tithing is quite controversial and when and issue becomes this controversial i resort to the Holy Spirit for guidance. I refuse to be guided by whatever argument that is going on here and choose to be guided by the Holy Spirit. Jesus never told us to stop tithing. Where he mentioned about tithe he never condemned it. Nowhere in the New Testament r we advised to stop tithing. You people are just preaching on assumption and am not part of it.

Do you then know why the church didn't take tithes? Because from what I understand it wasnt practiced in earlier churches (and am sure they knew better) before the Catholics brought it back centuries later.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by StOla: 9:13am On Mar 07, 2013
zoelife: @candour: true talk. We are in the hour of grace. But may I ask, grace for merely getting by or grace for reigning and winning? Rom 5:17.
Also, tithing didn't begin with the law, brother. We can trace its principle back from Eden when God gave Adam all trees but one to enjoy. Till the devil came and attacked(and is now also doing). Its an act of circumcision of our resources, a proof of our reverence for the God who has given us all we enjoy. It is the distinguishing mark between the believer's finance and dat of the rest. Dats y he says he wld rebuke the devourer for a tither. And the devil knows dis too well. He don't fight the wrong battles.

Please enough of all these bogus principles. Soon you'll trace tithes to the creation of light and darkness itself. Tithes is of the law, and with the law it's obsolete. Is it so hard to accept that God promised and established a new covenant with his people? His "people" mostly rejected that which, inspite of them, would be fulfilled, yet you a gentile tenaciously hold on to jewish principles.

With all the historical evidences of how tithing penetrated Christianity and the scriptural proof of its non-existence in early Christianity, you still manage to convince yourself that even St.Paul, St.Peter must have been wrong.

Tithing as a religious obligation began with the law and has withered away with it.

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 9:34am On Mar 07, 2013
brilapluz:
*smiles* hmm..i tink 4rm ur statement,its either u cant comprehend my post or u just dont undastand y jesus appreciated d WIDOW more dan d pharisees..whicheva way u c it,u already have an ALREADY MADE MINDSET 2 TITHE..So go ahead and do wat pleases u,and dont also 4get 2 do d oda parts of d law Gal 5:3..lol..4 me,i have been ABUNDANTLY BLESSED BY GOD,not becos i GIVE but because tru jesus christ,I BECAME A PARTAKER OF HIS DIVINE FAVOUR AND LOVE..wit all dese blessings given unto me FREELY..I GIVE FREELY TO EVERYONE EXPECTING NOTHING IN RETURN..@alexleo,DATS GENEROSITY,DATS TRUE LOVE..and DATS D REASON CHRIST CAME,TO MAKE AN IMPERFECT LAW COMPLETE! *winks*

I am not saying that what the widow gave was tithe. I mean, going by how one of your confused and foolish colleague(frosbel) here has been kicking against both tithe and offering, mocking people who give money in the church for the work of God with cartoon and satan-inspired posts as if they are wasting their money is the area am coming from. When someone fails to draw a distinction between freewill offering and pastor-imposed offering(which tithe is not), i consider it as a height of foolishness. What Jesus commended was the freewill spirit of the woman's offering and the humility that accompanied it. But the confused chap here will condemn somebody who does same. Thats why i said that what he displays is foolishness at its peak.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 07, 2013
alexleo:

I am not saying that what the widow gave was tithe. I mean, going by how one of your confused and foolish colleague(frosbel) here has been kicking against both tithe and offering, mocking people who give money in the church for the work of God with cartoon and satan-inspired posts as if they are wasting their money is the area am coming from. When someone fails to draw a distinction between freewill offering and pastor-imposed offering(which tithe is not), i consider it as a height of foolishness. What Jesus commended was the freewill spirit of the woman's offering and the humility that accompanied it. But the confused chap here will condemn somebody who does same. Thats why i said that what he displays is foolishness at its peak.

This , coming from a brother who is advertising his church on Nairaland as a holiness church , one of the best and few standing. SMH.

Your language alone betrays the hypocrisy.

Anyway, I can only repeat what I wrote earlier.

Bible Giving :
"Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need." - Acts 2:45

Matthew 19:21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Acts 4:34 There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales

2 Corinthians 8:14 At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality,

2 Corinthians 9:12 This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.

If you notice , it is always about meeting the needs of God's people which includes those in the office ( not title ) of pastor, teacher, elders, and indeed ALL brethren, for irrespective of our office, we are ALL Brethren.

There was never ever one mention in the new testament of contributions given for the building of church edifices, buying jets, living an exotic life style etc.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by StOla: 9:40am On Mar 07, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay sister, lemme start by stating the basic of our teachings.

We accept the Grace based giving as taught in the New Testament - that is, sharing our income and resources with God's people, the church and the worship places for the advancement of God's kingdom and in keeping up with our other social\family\living responsibilities. This Grace based giving and sharing can be any percentage as a man purpose in his heart to give and we believe therein lies God's blessing because as the earth remains, seed time and harvest shall not cease.

We reject the teachings of 'fixed' or 'legalized' (according to the law of Moses) or 'compulsory' and 'mandatory' of 10% of Christian's monthly income kind of giving called by the name 'tithe'. We believe Hebrews 7 in the entire context ended the Moses law of tithing, that is, tithing according to the law of Moses and tithing before the law of Moses while the teachings of Christ and the Apostles released Christians to free will giving.

This is the simple tenets of our Christian teachings here under Grace and herein we teach the truth of God's word for the Church. The above, if expanded contains bible truth and consistence from Genesis to Revelation. Thank you!

Seconded!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brilapluz(m): 9:45am On Mar 07, 2013
frosbel:

This , coming from a brother who is advertising his church on Nairaland as a holiness church , one of the best and few standing. SMH.

Bible Giving :
"Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need." - Acts 2:45

Matthew 19:21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Acts 4:34 There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales

2 Corinthians 8:14 At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality,

2 Corinthians 9:12 This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.

If you notice , it is always about meeting the needs of God's people which includes those in the office ( not title ) of pastor, teacher, elders, and indeed ALL brethren, for irrespective of our office, we are ALL Brethren.

There was never ever one mention in the new testament of contributions given for the building of church edifices, buying jets, living an exotic life style etc.

YES OH.SECONDED
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 9:51am On Mar 07, 2013
Candour:

It would have really been nice if you had been this courteous before.we could disagree without being disagreeable.

No one is trying to lord it over you but it becomes a problem when you quote Mal 3:8-10 to tell me devourers will deal with my finances and forgetting Ex 31:15 that instructs me to stone you to death for not keeping the sabbath.

Tithe was not explained in Mal 3:8-10.The details are in Deut 14:22-29 and the question has always been ''do you practice it as detailed as it's spelt out there? considering the admonition in Deut 27:26 about not missing a step in keeping of the law.

The holy spirit guides me but he doesn't threaten me with failure,death or doom for not keeping a law of Moses.

Neither did i threaten anybody. what i dont like is people assuming the responsibility of the Holy Spirit by trying to enforce their stand on others like some of you anti-tithers(especially the ones who believe they now know the scriptures more than others) are doing. Also some tithers are displaying such foolishness and am not in support of that too. I only read your anti tithe submissions and decided not to swallow it rather to subject it to the leading of the Holy spirit who has always guided me into all truths. I dont get carried away by wind of doctrines because we are in the last days and the bible already told us that false prophets will arise thats why i resort to the Holy Spirit. Even in my church i dont swallow whatever anybody preaches just like that. At the end of every sermon or teaching i pray God for proper and true guidance and he has never failed me. My dear i ve come a long way in my walk with Christ and i ve seen so many things on this heavenly way so am not a small boy that gets carried away by sweet talks. Am not ready for whatever reason to miss heaven. Whatever that will make me to miss heaven i dont need it. The Holy Spirit remains my best guide and not any nairalander or anybody.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 10:08am On Mar 07, 2013
frosbel:

SHUT UP MY FRIEND! YOU ARE JUST VOMITING TRASH. IF I TALK ABOUT MY CHURCH ON NAIRALAND WHY DOES IT MAKE YOU MAD. YES I OPENED A THREAD ABOUT MY CHURCH AND WHAT ABOUT IT? NOSENSE. AND SINCE THEN U VE BEEN THE ONE WRITING ABOUT MY CHURCH EACH TIME I CONFRONT YOUR FOOLISHNESS AND REBELLION. EVEN WHEN I POST ON ANY TOPIC YOU LL QUICKLY MENTION MY CHURCH. OF COURSE ITS SUCH AGENTS OF SATAN AS YOU WHO THINKS HE KNOWS THE BIBLE MORE THAN OTHERS THAT I LL CONTINUE TO CONFRONT WHEN YOU DISPLAY YOUR BIBLE MISQUOTING AND MISINTERPRETING MADNESS.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 07, 2013
[quote author=alexleo]

SHUT UP MY FRIEND! YOU ARE JUST VOMITING TRASH.

Thank You.

IF I TALK ABOUT MY CHURCH ON NAIRALAND WHY DOES IT MAKE YOU MAD. YES I OPENED A THREAD ABOUT MY CHURCH AND WHAT ABOUT IT? NOSENSE. AND SINCE THEN U VE BEEN THE ONE WRITING ABOUT MY CHURCH

I cannot be Jealous of your organisation and quite glad I left on time. It's all about JESUS not Apostolic Faith.

EACH TIME I CONFRONT YOUR FOOLISHNESS AND REBELLION.

Rebellion against false doctrine , false organisations and false preachers is healthy.

OF COURSE ITS SUCH AGENTS OF SATAN AS YOU WHO THINKS HE KNOWS THE BIBLE MORE THAN OTHERS THAT I LL CONTINUE TO CONFRONT WHEN YOU DISPLAY YOUR BIBLE MISQUOTING AND MISINTERPRETING MADNESS.

You seem enraged that someone has dared to come out and challenge the doctrines you hold dear. Well many of them are false and we reject them.

It's a free world. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 10:17am On Mar 07, 2013
alexleo:

Neither did i threaten anybody. what i dont like is people assuming the responsibility of the Holy Spirit by trying to enforce their stand on others like some of you anti-tithers(especially the ones who believe they now know the scriptures more than others) are doing. Also some tithers are displaying such foolishness and am not in support of that too. I only read your anti tithe submissions and decided not to swallow it rather to subject it to the leading of the Holy spirit who has always guided me into all truths. I dont get carried away by wind of doctrines because we are in the last days and the bible already told us that false prophets will arise thats why i resort to the Holy Spirit. Even in my church i dont swallow whatever anybody preaches just like that. At the end of every sermon or teaching i pray God for proper and true guidance and he has never failed me. My dear i ve come a long way in my walk with Christ and i ve seen so many things on this heavenly way so am not a small boy that gets carried away by sweet talks. Am not ready for whatever reason to miss heaven. Whatever that will make me to miss heaven i dont need it. The Holy Spirit remains my best guide and not any nairalander or anybody.

you have a right to your opinion brother and i respect that fully.When we appear on an anonymous public forum however,it becomes a different matter but i STRONGLY believe decorum should guide each write up or response.I ignore a lot of offensive posts which i feel lack any insight or relevance even on this thread except when it's a response to something i said.I'll advise you do same.

I see this forum as an opportunity to study my bible more and learn even from people opposed to my view but who discuss responsibly and i have really been blessed.

The aim is to be with the Lord at the end as you said not in counting the interest God pays on 'financial investments' we supposedly make to him.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 10:21am On Mar 07, 2013
Candour:

you have a right to your opinion brother and i respect that fully.When we appear on an anonymous public forum however,it becomes a different matter but i STRONGLY believe decorum should guide each write up or response.I ignore a lot of offensive posts which i feel lack any insight or relevance even on this thread except when it's a response to something i said.I'll advise you do same.

I see this forum as an opportunity to study my bible more and learn even from people opposed to my view but who discuss responsibly and i have really been blessed.

The aim is to be with the Lord at the end as you said not in counting the interest God pays on 'financial investments' we supposedly make to him.

Thank you

THANKS MY DEAR. GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 10:22am On Mar 07, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

FOOLISH TALK. PITY.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by StOla: 10:28am On Mar 07, 2013
zoelife: @Goshen: God bless you for making it easier.
I decide, therefore, to give OF MY FREEWILL 10% (tithe, old english for 'tenth part) of every income I receive, to my local assembly, where I worship and am groomed in the Word. As my forefathers Abraham, Jacob (note God is often tagged with these names) did without any direct commandment, but of their freewill and revelation of God and His Eternal will.

@Christembassey: Don't u think u sound a bit mixed up here? Please refer back to @frosbel's post at the beginning of dis topic.

As you have decided of your own freewill, never for once should you condemn a non-tither who also knows it's not his/her Christian obligation to pay tithes.
You should also make this announcement about the freewill of your tithes in your local church, then brace-up to hear your Pastor immediately rebuke you with the Malachi submission - will man rob God.
Then, maybe you'll understand the text below.

Titus 1:10-11
"For there are many unruly and vain-talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision (Hebrew/Jews), whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake."

The above reveals the antagonism that existed between Jewish Christians who just couldn't let go of the law, and gentile Christians who only had knowledge of the useful, the gospel of Christ.
Why latter-day Christians seem to exalt the law that profits nothing, that the apostles rebuked its adherents, that is well documented in the New testament is a question that might never be answered.

I now better understand the reason for the Gideon's international version of bible(New testament only). Many claiming Christianity were schooled in the old testament which belongs to Judaism, therefore lacking the knowledge of the teachings of Christianity itself. Such people would rather be martyred on account of the law, than for the gospel of Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 07, 2013
St.Ola:

As you have decided of your own freewill, never for once should you condemn a non-tither who also knows it's not his/her Christian obligation to pay tithes.
You should also make this announcement about the freewill of your tithes in your local church, then brace-up to hear your Pastor immediately rebuke you with the Malachi submission - will man rob God.
Then, maybe you'll understand the text below.

One of the reasons my wife and I left deeper life was sitting under a 'curse' every Sunday morning when it came to tithe and offering time.

The Pastor's wife will always not forget to make us aware that non-tithers were under a curse. Not until now did we realize how demonic this teaching was , no wonder many churches are void of God's presence with all these doctrine of demons presented as TRUTH.

The moment I began to challenge the pastor meekly on this doctrine among others, my days were numbered in their organisation. You cannot challenge and remain.

No one can buy GOD with money.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 10:36am On Mar 07, 2013
I decide, therefore, to give OF MY FREEWILL 10% (tithe, old english for 'tenth part) of every income I receive, to my local assembly, where I worship and am groomed in the Word. As my forefathers Abraham, Jacob (note God is often tagged with these names) did without any direct commandment, but of their freewill and revelation of God and His Eternal will.

@Christembassey: Don't u think u sound a bit mixed up here? Please refer back to @frosbel's post at the beginning of dis topic. Its because of His emphasis on the tithe dat we have come this far.
my beloved sister, u asked me some questions and i answered them directly expecting ur response to either agree or diagree. Pls if u are confuse we can avail u further explanations. If it is true that u are a tithe payer and not a collector, pls dont follow the collectors to argue blindly for they are protecting their oil wells o. Now in his posts our brother Frosbel is NOT AGAINST giving to pastors, what he is against is SELFISH MOTIVATED HYPOCRITICAL GIVING . A situation where u neglect a needy and give N20k to a billinaire just because u believe doing tha will give YOU husband, job in mobil, baby, double annointing etc. When we give ,we give to the NEEDY. 20k to a billionaire means nothing to the man, u and God, in short, u've given nothing . Our position is well hamonised, Frosbel is not against givig at all, but is against, selfish, hypocritical and wrong giving, ie when u neglect the needy and give to the man who doesnt need it because of what u will get from giving him. Finally, u talked about ur grand parents, ie Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, well me, i dont have grand parents o because my father God never told me that he had parent. But i no say ur grand parents used to sacrifice animals so i believe say as a true daughter of ya fada Abraham, u go continue in the tradition of ya fadas, pls say hi to ur jewish brethren, and best wishes as u celebrate this year's pentecost, passover, unleavened bread, first fruits, trumpets, day of atonement, tabernacles, dedication etc etc etc. Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 11:12am On Mar 07, 2013
alexleo:

you will do well if u discad this deaf and dumb+buhari argument. I've said we are not here to win arguments but to learn bnd become better christians, our bros Frosbel has marshaled his points with facts from the bible and from his posts he is not against giving to genuine ministers but against giving to thieves wolvs and and snakes. if u have superior arguments bring it on for everyone to see, instead of displaying this defeatist unchristian manners all over the thread. We thank God, u are here face to face with truth, may be for the very first time, my advice is, take a brake, go through the thread thoroughly and check out all the bible portions provided here, and come back, if u are sincere, i believe ur emotions will b tamed. Bless u.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 11:23am On Mar 07, 2013
alexleo:

SHUT UP MY FRIEND! YOU ARE JUST VOMITING TRASH. IF I TALK ABOUT MY CHURCH ON NAIRALAND WHY DOES IT MAKE YOU MAD. YES I OPENED A THREAD ABOUT MY CHURCH AND WHAT ABOUT IT? NOSENSE. AND SINCE THEN U VE BEEN THE ONE WRITING ABOUT MY CHURCH EACH TIME I CONFRONT YOUR FOOLISHNESS AND REBELLION. EVEN WHEN I POST ON ANY TOPIC YOU LL QUICKLY MENTION MY CHURCH. OF COURSE ITS SUCH AGENTS OF SATAN AS YOU WHO THINKS HE KNOWS THE BIBLE MORE THAN OTHERS THAT I LL CONTINUE TO CONFRONT WHEN YOU DISPLAY YOUR BIBLE MISQUOTING AND MISINTERPRETING MADNESS.
let this mind be in u as it was in Christ Jesus phi 2:5. ARE U SURE U'R A CHRISTIAN? No offence intended.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by StOla: 11:32am On Mar 07, 2013
christemmbassey: my beloved sister, u asked me some questions and i answered them directly expecting ur response to either agree or diagree. Pls if u are confuse we can avail u further explanations. If it is true that u are a tithe payer and not a collector, pls dont follow the collectors to argue blindly for they are protecting their oil wells o. Now in his posts our brother Frosbel is NOT AGAINST giving to pastors, what he is against is SELFISH MOTIVATED HYPOCRITICAL GIVING . A situation where u neglect a needy and give N20k to a billinaire just because u believe doing tha will give YOU husband, job in mobil, baby, double annointing etc. When we give ,we give to the NEEDY. 20k to a billionaire means nothing to the man, u and God, in short, u've given nothing . Our position is well hamonised, Frosbel is not against givig at all, but is against, selfish, hypocritical and wrong giving, ie when u neglect the needy and give to the man who doesnt need it because of what u will get from giving him. Finally, u talked about ur grand parents, ie Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, well me, i dont have grand parents o because my father God never told me that he had parent. But i no say ur grand parents used to sacrifice animals so i believe say as a true daughter of ya fada Abraham, u go continue in the tradition of ya fadas, pls say hi to ur jewish brethren, and best wishes as u celebrate this year's pentecost, passover, unleavened bread, first fruits, trumpets, day of atonement, tabernacles, dedication etc etc etc. Shalom.

Oops @ penticost. I believe you typed that in error. That's a Christian event.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 11:35am On Mar 07, 2013

@Christembassey: Don't u think u sound a bit mixed up here? Please refer back to @frosbel's post at the beginning of dis topic. Its because of His emphasis on the tithe dat we have come this far.
how did i miss this post since morning?

@the bolded.FREEWILL! FREEWILL!! FREEWILL!!! That's what grace is all about.Nothing dogmatic about it
God bless you dear sister. grin
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 11:39am On Mar 07, 2013
St.Ola:

Oops @ penticost. I believe you typed that in error. That's a Christian event.

Actually St.Ola,Pentecost is a Jewish festival(Lev 23:15-20).It's also known as the feast of weeks and celebrated 50 days after the feast of first fruits.The disciples only met on the particular day when the jews were celebrating Pentecost or feast of weeks hence the appellation

thanks
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by StOla: 11:40am On Mar 07, 2013
frosbel:

One of the reasons my wife and I left deeper life was sitting under a 'curse' every Sunday morning when it came to tithe and offering time.

The Pastor's wife will always not forget to make us aware that non-tithers were under a curse. Not until now did we realize how demonic this teaching was , no wonder many churches are void of God's presence with all these doctrine of demons presented as TRUTH.

The moment I began to challenge the pastor meekly on this doctrine among others, my days were numbered in their organisation. You cannot challenge and remain.

No one can buy GOD with money.

Just imaging a Christian still living under the curse of the law berating a fellow with the curses obtained from the law for not adhering to the law. What manner of irony!

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brilapluz(m): 11:43am On Mar 07, 2013
christemmbassey: my beloved sister, u asked me some questions and i answered them directly expecting ur response to either agree or diagree. Pls if u are confuse we can avail u further explanations. If it is true that u are a tithe payer and not a collector, pls dont follow the collectors to argue blindly for they are protecting their oil wells o. Now in his posts our brother Frosbel is NOT AGAINST giving to pastors, what he is against is SELFISH MOTIVATED HYPOCRITICAL GIVING . A situation where u neglect a needy and give N20k to a billinaire just because u believe doing tha will give YOU husband, job in mobil, baby, double annointing etc. When we give ,we give to the NEEDY. 20k to a billionaire means nothing to the man, u and God, in short, u've given nothing . Our position is well hamonised, Frosbel is not against givig at all, but is against, selfish, hypocritical and wrong giving, ie when u neglect the needy and give to the man who doesnt need it because of what u will get from giving him. Finally, u talked about ur grand parents, ie Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, well me, i dont have grand parents o because my father God never told me that he had parent. But i no say ur grand parents used to sacrifice animals so i believe say as a true daughter of ya fada Abraham, u go continue in the tradition of ya fadas, pls say hi to ur jewish brethren, and best wishes as u celebrate this year's pentecost, passover, unleavened bread, first fruits, trumpets, day of atonement, tabernacles, dedication etc etc etc. Shalom.
lol...i dey laugh oh
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by StOla: 12:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
Candour:

Actually St.Ola,Pentecost is a Jewish festival(Lev 23:15-20).It's also known as the feast of weeks and celebrated 50 days after the feast of first fruits.The disciples only met on the particular day when the jews were celebrating Pentecost or feast of weeks hence the appellation

thanks

Yes that's true. I reckon Christemmbassey was referring to the Jewish pentecost feast celebrating the giving of the law (ten commandments) on mount sinai. I was referring to the descent of the holy spirit on the disciples that happened on a pentecost day, and is celebrated in Christianity for that particular significance.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2013
Mathew 5:17-19..Did Jesus come 2 condemn d Law or hold it tru..u guys shud read ur galatians,ephesians n 1corinthians well mayb romans z 2 hard 4 u 2 comprehend..
4rm d beginin 2 d end,u can c d trickstry of d devil wch i term hs FOOLISHNESS..d thread z based on baseless misinterprtation of d Bible,u knw Christ told us abt He separatin wolves 4rm sheep..2 d author n hs disciples,am sure u adults arn't xtians..at al..n 2 doz wu knw d truth buh 4 d fun kp on writin lies..d'u undastand nw y Christ wud say on dt day wen u claim 2 knw Him?"Depart 4rm me..." ...blood of d innocents on ur hands..y allow d devil 2 do dz 2 u
den 2 al tru xtians wu knows n hears d Sheperd voice,av u 4gtn wah proverbs sed abt teachin fools..pls u tru xtians shud STOP ARGUIN wv dm n u wud c dt d thread wud die down
actually,deir fada d devil used words 4rm d Bible 2 tempt Jesus,wen he failed d Bible recorded wat he(devil) did n wch z wat dz author wud do;luke 4:13
Revelations sed sumtn abt addin n removin 4rm d word.Rev 22:19..i pity u guys end.
pls u guys shud read Mat 7:15,Rev 22:11-16
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 12:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
St.Ola:

Yes that's true. I reckon Christemmbassey was referring to the Jewish pentecost feast celebrating the giving of the law (ten commandments) on mount sinai. I was referring to the descent of the holy spirit on the disciples that happened on a pentecost day, and is celebrated in Christianity for that particular significance.

ok my bro.i see your point now though i'm sure christemmbassey was talking about the Jewish festival of weeks which is also detailed in Deut 16:9-11

thanks a lot my brother and God bless you
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brilapluz(m): 12:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
deemehjee: Mathew 5:17-19..Did Jesus come 2 condemn d Law or hold it tru..u guys shud read ur galatians,ephesians n 1corinthians well mayb romans z 2 hard 4 u 2 comprehend..
4rm d beginin 2 d end,u can c d trickstry of d devil wch i term hs FOOLISHNESS..d thread z based on baseless misinterprtation of d Bible,u knw Christ told us abt He separatin wolves 4rm sheep..2 d author n hs disciples,am sure u adults arn't xtians..at al..n 2 doz wu knw d truth buh 4 d fun kp on writin lies..d'u undastand nw y Christ wud say on dt day wen u claim 2 knw Him?"Depart 4rm me..." ...blood of d innocents on ur hands..y allow d devil 2 do dz 2 u
den 2 al tru xtians wu knows n hears d Sheperd voice,av u 4gtn wah proverbs sed abt teachin fools..pls u tru xtians shud STOP ARGUIN wv dm n u wud c dt d thread wud die down
actually,deir fada d devil used words 4rm d Bible 2 tempt Jesus,wen he failed d Bible recorded wat he(devil) did n wch z wat dz author wud do;luke 4:13
Revelations sed sumtn abt addin n removin 4rm d word.Rev 22:19..i pity u guys end.
!?..*shakes head*
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 12:15pm On Mar 07, 2013
deemehjee: Mathew 5:17-19..Did Jesus come 2 condemn d Law or hold it tru..u guys shud read ur galatians,ephesians n 1corinthians well mayb romans z 2 hard 4 u 2 comprehend..

Please can you re-write that in coherent English? the meaning is difficult to decipher

thanks a lot
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Yooguyz: 12:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
alright guys party is over! *blows beegle*get something doing
alexleo.frosbel.ola,pastor-chris-look-like you guyz have all won the argument for today!
I formally hand a matchet.gun and cutlass as your medals
the gun goes to frosbel. I think alexleo should get cutlass
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
Yooguyz: alright guys party is over! *blows beegle*get something doing
alexleo.frosbel.ola,pastor-chris-look-like you guyz have all won the argument for today!
I formally hand a matchet.gun and cutlass as your medals
the gun goes to frosbel. I think alexleo should get cutlass

haba gun and cutlass? grin even the apostles disputed but it didn't result in fisticuffs.Acts 15:7
i just DECORUM will be maintained

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

Pastors Riot Against Anglican Bishop, Close Down Church In Sapele (Video) / Spell To Become A Mermaid When You Touch Water / Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.