Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday (26501 Views)

Woman Electrocuted In Hotel Room On Her Birthday (pictured) / 20 Hilarious Ways To Know Your Mum Is A Nigerian. / What Is The Best Gift To Give To Your Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by GentleNaaz(m): 3:15pm On Mar 03, 2013
Gv her cat meat
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 03, 2013
Uhm...the probs we've got here is that u earn a paltry salary but well that doesn't stop U from celebrating ur Mom!

In the best of Economical Considerations, an artistic portrait is the Perfect Idea - I buy the Thought.

Get her Something that would either be hung somewhere on the wall, kept in the Drawer or safely locked in her box that has got her Picture, name and maybe a Unique inscription, someone Mentioned 'The Best Mum eva' - Those memories would linger on her Mind, and hey! U gon be her favorite am Sure wink
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 03, 2013
staicey:

hmm.. Nigerian dish? Maybe am gonna have to buy that one without she knowing i bought it and then lie to her i made it myself because I dont know how to make any embarassed , thats not a bad idea all the same, thanx

Wetin your mama come dey cook give you? undecided
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by adonismuller(m): 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2013
If U̶̲̥̅̊ have been doing anytin she don't like...though U̶̲̥̅̊ cldnt stop it....write a note ƒσя her promising U̶̲̥̅̊ will never do it again!
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by manny4life(m): 3:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
Sister, same with my mom, none of us bother anymore with the usual shoe, bags, jewelry etc.

For instance, last year my brother gave her a large ceramic dish, it was brownish with different design but it was unique. One time my sister gave her a blanket that had family picture imprints on it. It had like 80 pictures on it. with her and her. One time, I just gave her a hand/feet massage salon gift certificate, and another time, her and my sister just went for botox (don't laugh) with a back massage.

I mean, it may not be actual stuff but different ideas all matters depending on who your mom is. We've given different stuff.
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by Orikinla(m): 3:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
A good leather hand bag.
A set of good scarves.
A good gold necklace with her name on it.
A good weekend holiday in Obudu Ranch or in Dubai.
A hardcover edition of a good book to read like "A Suitable Boy" by Vikram Seth.
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by abifoluwa: 3:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
manny4life: Sister, same with my mom, none of us bother anymore with the usual shoe, bags, jewelry etc.

For instance, last year my brother gave her a large ceramic dish, it was brownish with different design but it was unique. One time my sister gave her a blanket that had family picture imprints on it. It had like 80 pictures on it. with her and her. One time, I just gave her a hand/feet massage salon gift certificate, and another time, her and my sister just went for botox (don't laugh) with a back massage.

I mean, it may not be actual stuff but different ideas all matters depending on who your mom is. We've given different stuff.
the blankets, who did that?
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by SisiKill1: 3:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
Staicey considering your history with mom, I'd suggest doing something you two can do together.

Cook her breakfast - Free

Pedi and Mani - $70

Lunch in a nice Buffet Resturant - $14

Sightseeing - Free

Dinner (Outback, Olive Garden, TGIF) - $30

Movie (optional) - $16

Total - $130

Dedicating an entire day to mom - PRICELESS

. . . There are many things money can't buy, for everything else start saving them peanuts. cheesy cheesy

PS
You can do the movie before the dinner. . . I believe the tickets are cheaper before 6pm.
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by OmichaelO: 3:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
I will empty my account for her!! I think that will be enough to get her few stuffs!! smiley smiley
'cos she deserves it
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by manny4life(m): 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
abifoluwa: the blankets, who did that?

She went to one print store that do lots of gifts items, she told me she booked her order like 4weeks prior. However, there are print stores online that do lots of gift items, but it's best you have one close to you so you can have a contract in place particularly if they're gonna charge you money and you need quality product.
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by ademega(m): 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
unforgatable gift is d news of ur galfriend pregnacy...
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by manny4life(m): 3:29pm On Mar 03, 2013
Like another one we're all planning is a portrait painting. Although we haven't booked painter yet because we don't know if they can paint from a large collage, but if they can, that will be awesome.
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by esperiense(m): 3:31pm On Mar 03, 2013
Give your mom a chess set. Evrybody admires the game
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by kandiikane(m): 3:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
Taking her for a spa day to relax. smiley
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 03, 2013
hurricaneChris: The fact that am an Architect fulfills my mum expectationz.

She enjoys it when eva I draw a new houz for her, even wen we're not gonna build the houz. She loves seein the 3-D of the "fantastic design". I hav more than 20 houses I designed for her in her laptop.

This comin birthday of hers, I intend giving her a model of a well landscaped duplex....not only drawings this time.

Woah!
La nice, papi..
This is nice
Hope you'lld fufil every momma's dream.. big ups
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by emmabest2000(m): 3:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
did ur mum wear perfum ? if yes buy her a bottle of original nice flavour perfum from Paris lol ....

1 Like

Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by teethom(f): 3:37pm On Mar 03, 2013
Y not let Teethom errands and delivery Services handle this.What we do is suprise your mum on her bday with gifts/Cake/cards,wat u can afford.You won't tell her u r sending sum1 to her,u just give us d address where she is,we will package her gift,Knock @ her door,sing for her immediately she opens and then we drop the gifts after which we tell her its from her son.You can call us on 08098335337
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by xyoung: 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
i suggest 1bag of garri and 20 litres of water
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by Lanrefahm(m): 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
1st to comment cheesy dancing alingo
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
mechummy: Customize a card 4 her nd breakfast in bed...goodluck dear:DMany more years to momma.
viviennobrazyno: winkyou shuld take her to lunch/dinner in a kul sweet paradise decoratd wit different flowers,then look into her eyes n tell her how much u LOVE HER.
El Guapo: Uhm...the probs we've got here is that u earn a paltry salary but well that doesn't stop U from celebrating ur Mom!

In the best of Economical Considerations, an artistic portrait is the Perfect Idea - I buy the Thought.

Get her Something that would either be hung somewhere on the wall, kept in the Drawer or safely locked in her box that has got her Picture, name and maybe a Unique inscription, someone Mentioned 'The Best Mum eva' - Those memories would linger on her Mind, and hey! U gon be her favorite am Sure wink

Totally love this kiss kiss

And ELguapo, am the only thing she's got on this earth, if you know what i mean..
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
mechummy: Customize a card 4 her nd breakfast in bed...goodluck dear:DMany more years to momma.
viviennobrazyno: winkyou shuld take her to lunch/dinner in a kul sweet paradise decoratd wit different flowers,then look into her eyes n tell her how much u LOVE HER.
El Guapo: Uhm...the probs we've got here is that u earn a paltry salary but well that doesn't stop U from celebrating ur Mom!

Totally love this kiss kiss

And ELguapo, am the only thing she's got on this earth, if you know what i mean..
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by ylaa(f): 3:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
staicey:

The peanuts I earn cant handle all that shocked shocked
Okay, maybe I didnt state this earlier.. but just one or two suggestions, please embarassed
WHY DID YOU ASK IN THE FIRST PLACE. WELL, SINCE YOU EARN PEANUT, GIVE HER SOME, SHE WILL REALLY APPRECIATE IT. CHINUE ACHEBE SAID "A POOR MAN SHOULD NOT DREAM OF RICE". I WISH HER A BEAUTIFUL BIRTHDAY, LONG LIFE AND PROSPERITY. MAY SHE REAP THE FRUIT OF HER LABOUR. HER STRENGHT WILL NOT FAIL HER IN JESUS NAME.
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
Legit1:

Wetin your mama come dey cook give you? undecided

I dont fancy local/native (nigeria) dishes, so i dont eat them.
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
kandiikane: Taking her for a spa day to relax. smiley

She does that like every minute cheesy
Thanks though
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
ylaa:
WHY DUID YOU ASK IN THE FIRST PLACE. WELL, SINCE YOU EARN PEANUT, GIVE HER SOME, SHE WILL REALLY APPRECIATE IT. CHINUE ACHEBE SAID "A POOR MAN SHOULD NOT DREAM OF RICE". I WISH HER A BEAUTIFUL BIRTHDAY, LONG LIFE AND PROSPERITY. MAY SHE REAP THE FRUIT OF HER LABOUR. HER STRENGHT WILL NOT FAIL HER IN JESUS NAME.

True, but a peanut can still get something. No matter how small, i know embarassed
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by tonididdy(m): 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
staicey: Hey Guys,

yeah its me again.. me again with 'momsy wahala' smiley well, we thank God not a 'wahala' this time. wink
Am just looking for just one perfect gift or two maybe to offer to my mum on her oncoming birthday. Please guys, its close enough, close enough that i can smell it. smiley

I need this thread to get to bubbled up with different ideas. Am tired of getting her the normal bags or shoes of which she rejects most of the times telling me they are quite expensive and i shouldnt bother next time. Now guys, Is there something else i can give her or maybe do for her that day that she would love and never forget in a hurry?

The ideas should start flowing in! Thanks in anticipation.. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by j4jj: 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
teethom: Y not let Teethom errands and delivery Services handle this.What we do is suprise your mum on her bday with gifts/Cake/cards,wat u can afford.You won't tell her u r sending sum1 to her,u just give us d address where she is,we will package her gift,Knock @ her door,sing for her immediately she opens and then we drop the gifts after which we tell her its from her son.You can call us on 08098335337

Nice one! I'm thinkin of foin ds for my babe! Bt I nid to confirm d voice of d singers o so dat dem no go scatter ground for me o! Cos my babe is also a choir mistress!
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by JayKayMaybachz(m): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2013
Errmmmmmmmm !! Am contemplatinq ... why not surprise her little with 2012 Maybach Landaulet *Just a token* ... it's a real deal ..... i gave that to my mom on her bday "winks"
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
JayKayMaybachz: Errmmmmmmmm !! Am contemplatinq ... why not surprise a little with a token like 2012 Maybach Landaulet ... it's a real deal ..... i gave that to my mom "winks"

shocked shocked shocked
Dude, please! grin
Do i get a loan for that? I'll pay up in the year 3013
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
staicey:

I dont fancy local/native (nigeria) dishes, so i dont eat them.

Ok...but still didn't answer my Q undecided

Anyhow, give this to her » kiss on my behalf.

For having a good looking lady like yourself wink
Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 03, 2013
Legit1:

Ok...but still didn't answer my Q undecided

Anyhow, give this to her » kiss on my behalf.

For having a good looking lady like yourself wink

Blushing* I sure will. Thanks.
I guess mum now has two different gifts from myself and YOU. cheesy

Wish I answered your question embarassed

1 Like

Re: Best Gift To Give Your Mum On Her Birthday by IYANGBALI: 3:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
AMINSCO: Give her fryn pan, G oil,fire wood to start selln Akara,atleast it will b ok.considrn d penut u earn
instead of g oil,she should give her a keg of petrol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage / Husband Tattoos Wifey On His Cheek (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.