Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' (15697 Views)

Photos Of The Rescued Boy Branded A Witch / Akwa-Ibom Baby Left To Starve & Die For Being A Witch In Healthy-Looking Photos / Man Tortures 10-yr-old Son To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by eddyj36(m): 10:09pm On Mar 02, 2013
A six- year- old girl, Edidiong Etok Akpan, who was subjected to a harrowing treatment by her father, Edet Etok Akpan, was rescued after she had been locked up in a room with her hands tied and mouth covered with a piece of cloth for five days.

Edidiong said her 42-year-old father started beating her on Tuesday,19th of February, after one Prophetess Endurance, the pastor of the church they attend, told “my father that I was a witch and I was the one making him not to progress in life”.

She said after the severe beatings, which, according to her, lasted for two days, on Thursday, 21st February, her father tied her hands with a cord and covered her mouth with a piece of cloth and “locked me in the inner room of our house and he never gave me food and never allowed me to go to school ”.

The girl, who said she attends Femos Nursery and Primary School, located at 24 Etyin Abasi Street, Calabar, was dying after days without food or water when luck came her way on Sunday, 23rd February, at about 11 am, as another child who lives in the same with her family came to their veranda, looked through the window and saw Edidiong bound on the floor and screamed. “The girl called her parents and neighbours to come and see Edidiong tied like a goat inside their house”, Mr James Ibor of the Basic Rights Counsel, a child rights advocate lawyer, who was called to the scene, said.

Ibor said that when the neighbours saw the girl in that state, one of them called him and he, in turn, informed the officer in charge of legal matters at the Cross River State Police Command headquarters, Superintendent George, and they both drove to the place.

“As we were going there, we also informed the police at Efuk, Mbukpa to join us.When we got there, we saw a crowd outside and we knew that,that was the place and we went in and carried out the rescue by breaking the door”.

He said the girl was “very weak because she had been without food for days and so we had to give her water first, then, after about ten minutes, we gave her milk before solid food an hour later”.

Ibor said the father and mother had locked up the girl in the inner room of their two- room apartment and went to church in the hope that by the time they came back, the girl may have died. “God saved her and she is now living with her grandmother in another part of town,”the lawyer said.

DSP John Umoh, Cross River State Police Command spokesman, said the father, from Akwa Ibom State, had been arrested and would soon appear in court to answer charges of felony. “To tie a small girl hand and mouth and lock her in a room for days without food is a grievious offence; he (the father) will soon appear in court”, Umor added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/child-witch-saga-father-tortures-6-yr-old-daughter-for-five-days/
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by taryour(f): 10:43pm On Mar 02, 2013
Its so sad the father of that poor girl is brainless and I doubt the sick mother went through any pain of child birth. The both of then should be punished and remain childless,that girl should be adopted by couples who needs a child badly cos this one don't value the child and never will even if she is returned. Dump pastor and more dumb parents.

5 Likes

Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by Tjohn1(m): 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
The girl's parent should be arrested and prosecuted for child abuse
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
So who come stop him progress now? Na the prophetess or the young girl?

6 Likes

Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by victorcurtis(m): 4:09pm On Mar 04, 2013
DIS THINS STILL DEY EXIST[size=8pt][/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed
taryour: Its so sad the father of that poor girl is brainless and I doubt the sick mother went through any pain of child birth. The both of then should be punished and remain childless,that girl should be adopted by couples who needs a child badly cos this one don't value the child and never will even if she is returned. Dump pastor and more dumb parents.
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by madamebebe(f): 4:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
Nawa oo .. Atleast try and find out if the 'witch' can make your bank account increase before torturing her.. Mtcheew ndi ara undecided

10 Likes

Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by 1shortblackboy: 4:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
O boy today threads no be here o shocked but wats with people and always lookin for who to blame for their woes. Calabar people una own don too much o
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by fapcrook(m): 4:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
Stupid man... He deserves to be hung
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by Okijajuju1(m): 4:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
Christianity almost kills another child again...

Anybody conversant with Akwa Ibom knows that this occurence happens atleast 3times a week in the state. No thanks to Helen Upkabio who is an expert in labelling Children witches..

On the Flip Side.. Exodus 22:18
King James Version (KJV)

18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

The man was only following the commandments of the Christian God Almighty!!

4 Likes

Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
Why are some parents so daft? When you notced such why not consult a native doctor or pschaitric doctor?

1 Like

Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by zumarock8(m): 4:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
total fabricated story, am close to the place of event mentioned by the op. No such thing happened. First class lier

2 Likes

Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by mrkels(m): 4:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
This is very funny.
I don't know who to blame here, the prophet, the parents, the child for being a witch?
Hell I don't even know what to believe.
But if that girl is a witch eh.....Hmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by aieromon(m): 4:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
Ignorance is indeed a disease. Its great the little girl was saved. I wonder what the prophetess will say now.
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by gramci: 4:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
The prophetess is also culpable
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by ZUBY77(m): 4:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
Shouldn't we start to arrest these false prophetes and their female counterparts?
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by gluv01(f): 4:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
This is the highest state of ignorance and submitting oneself to the devil. No God can ask you to kill your child. Even Islam doesn't preach of that. I've not seen something like this. That's the problem in Nigeria. She is a witch and the best thing to do not minding her age is to subdue her under such horrible treatment? My God! That man must be so heartless. And the woman who was called by God as affectionate and loving also turned to a monster. Giving the little girl a very terrible nightmare she'll forever remember.Thank God she didn't die. It was better if she was killed than being kept for so long. I don't mean it's not good as she is alive o,but the thought of the suffering she went through in the hands of the so called parents scares me. at such little age, enduring hunger like that? not even water from the mother? When an adult finds it difficult to go a day without one square meal at least.

Thank God for her anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by gluv01(f): 4:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
madame_bebe: Nawa oo .. Atleast try and find out if the 'witch' can make your bank account increase before torturing her.. Mtcheew ndi ara undecided

grin
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by victorazy(m): 4:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
Some little girs are witch shaa!!.

1 Like

Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by andyprez(m): 4:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
At this age of civilization, people still behave this way?.... What a shame & a pity 4 the innocent Nigerians. God help us all
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:24pm On Mar 04, 2013
That's why mostly i pay deaf ears to some prophesy(s) ... some of this called pastors have caused alotta harms in different families ... This is what 've beeen goinq on in akwa ibom state .... and cross rriver toooo ... i've been a eye witness to an incident like this ... this happened to a 16yr old gal who was about writing ha waec last year .. pastor told the dad tht dey gal was a witch ... afterwards the dad found out the daughter was not witch and by dis time dey gal has long left dia fam house ... SMDH for some parents who go around visiting all prayer houses ....... mtcheeeeeeeeeeewwww
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by SlyIg(f): 4:27pm On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju: Christianity almost kills another child again...

Anybody conversant with Akwa Ibom knows that this occurence happens atleast 3times a week in the state. No thanks to Helen Upkabio who is an expert in labelling Children witches..

On the Flip Side.. Exodus 22:18
King James Version (KJV)

18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

The man was only following the commandments of the Christian God Almighty!!

NAWA O ...
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by BlueMurder(m): 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
zumarock8: total fabricated story, am close to the place of event mentioned by the op. No such thing happened. First class lier

So all the media houses that carried the story lied, abi?
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
SMDH
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 04, 2013
They went to "CHURCH" shocked
The Irony!! Lmao

1 Like

Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
eddyj36:

Ibor said the father and mother had locked up the girl in the inner room of their two- room apartment and went to church in the hope that by the time they came back, the girl may have died. “God saved her
[size=48pt] And they call themselves Christians [/size]
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by Parnassuss(m): 4:33pm On Mar 04, 2013
I think the Old Testament has caused and cost Christianity more than it ever benefited her. These laws have no place for us today, I don't get the 'Kill a witch' thing...I may just be shortsighted though
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by Okijajuju1(m): 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2013
Parnassuss: I think the Old Testament has caused and cost Christianity more than it ever benefited her. These laws have no place for us today, I don't get the 'Kill a witch' thing...I may just be shortsighted though

That is why Oyedepo only slaps witches.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2013
Man my heart is boiling with immense anger right now. Why do weak, useless and unsuccessful parents in Nigeria always blame someone else, especially innocent, helpless children and feeble and frail older folks for their laziness and plight?

Why are we Nigerians so heartless and wicked for no justifiable reason?

Why are children so expendable and unimportant to you brutes?

And to imagine that this atrocity has been committed in the name of a religion that puts kids first.

While they are at it, the bastard of a prophetess that incited this should also be made to face the full force of the law.

Bunch of wicked and evil people parading themselves as Christians.

They were so eager to take a life that God commanded to never tamper with but these are supposed to be followers of Christ.

Religion has doomed Africans.

This is so painful to read.

2 Likes

Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by drshrewd: 4:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
SMHD(shaking my humble dik)
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 04, 2013
Hold on plzz!! Y are som pple daft?? Seriously?? 1st of all,we dnt have any proof witches even exist,(am nt sayin bad spiritual forces don't exist) but in dis modern age? Pple lyk dat man is d reason nigeria z stil lyk diz,always runnin 2 fake pastors 4 miracles instead of workin hard 2 bcom rich!! I pity d emotional torture dis girl has 2go truu! Iv seen dis happen live-nd trust me,its emotional murder!! She shld see a shrink ASAP
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by Pque(m): 4:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
This kind thing tire me o. Innocent girl. D smal girl go feel d pain die. Instead make dey carry her go deliverance, then won kill d girl. Even if d girl is a witch,No b d girl, na d spirit wey dey control her. I pity d smal girl. D dumb father is lucky dat I am nt incharge of his detentn because he wont eat for 10 days.
Re: Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch' by Okijajuju1(m): 4:42pm On Mar 04, 2013
mrvocalprowess: Hold on plzz!! Y are som pple daft?? Seriously?? 1st of all,we dnt have any proof witches even exist,(am nt sayin bad spiritual forces don't exist) but in dis modern age? Pple lyk dat man is d reason nigeria z stil lyk diz,always runnin 2 fake pastors 4 miracles instead of workin hard 2 bcom rich!! I pity d emotional torture dis girl has 2go truu! Iv seen dis happen live-nd trust me,its emotional murder!! She shld see a shrink ASAP

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! angry

Shey you never watch Harry Porter abi wetin?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marry Your Friend / How Do We Reduce The Rate Of Prostitution In Nigeria Universities? / Economy: Nigerians No Longer Accommodate Relatives As Cost Of Living Soars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.